(shouting)

Lets Play Banzai Mario World : Watch my fu*king videos

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: Lets Play Banzai Mario World : Watch my fu*king videos

Post by Sugar »

Sorta a spoiler, but in JUMP 1/2, Dragon Coins won't be saved, unless you collect all the Yoshi Coins in a level.

Red Switch Palace is weakest of cynderfyre's levels. I believe however it makes for a neat reward for defeating secret exit of Bridge Engineering - it's not a crazy puzzle, you already did lots of puzzles in Bridge Engineering. That said, two other levels by cynderfyre are so much more interesting, although they really should have "worldpeace" as a second author (only one of those does, I think, even if I believe the entire second section of that other level (in Star World) was made by worldpeace).

I dislike reverse control gimmicks, but the level by Jolpen's uses them really well. It's probably the easiest of his levels, his World 1 level aside. I guess that's for the better?

Next time, nightmarish ropes :)!
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

era64 wrote:Sorta a spoiler, but in JUMP 1/2, Dragon Coins won't be saved, unless you collect all the Yoshi Coins in a level.
Hooray!
era64 wrote:Red Switch Palace is weakest of cynderfyre's levels. I believe however it makes for a neat reward for defeating secret exit of Bridge Engineering - it's not a crazy puzzle, you already did lots of puzzles in Bridge Engineering. That said, two other levels by cynderfyre are so much more interesting, although they really should have "worldpeace" as a second author (only one of those does, I think, even if I believe the entire second section of that other level (in Star World) was made by worldpeace).
I guess we'll see when I get there. I just thought that a lot more could have been done with the level. The ending felt very abrupt.
era64 wrote:I dislike reverse control gimmicks, but the level by Jolpen's uses them really well. It's probably the easiest of his levels, his World 1 level aside. I guess that's for the better?
Yeah, he makes really good levels!
era64 wrote:Next time, nightmarish ropes :)!
Episode 11 - part 1 :)
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
anonymousbl00dlust

Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Heh, so you decided to play Keep a Positive Altitude. I still remember raocow going "I'm not going to play this red level, so I will play this yellow level instead".

The fun thing is that Keep a Positive Altitude is not even the longest level of World 5. There is something much longer. But I will talk about it when you get to that.

As for Luminous Leaping, the music would be Star City from Diddy Kong Racing.

Daizo's early levels are pretty much made in style of JDCGames Collab (in fact, one of them (in World 7) was in fact made for JDCGames Collab 2, but the collab was stopped, and the level was submitted for JUMP).
anonymousbl00dlust

Episode 11 (((part 3)))
era64 wrote:Heh, so you decided to play Keep a Positive Altitude. I still remember raocow going "I'm not going to play this red level, so I will play this yellow level instead".
The version he played was so needlessly toned down! 2 extra midpoints? seriously?
era64 wrote:The fun thing is that Keep a Positive Altitude is not even the longest level of World 5. There is something much longer. But I will talk about it when you get to that.
People keep saying things like that. I think I already know what it is...
era64 wrote:As for Luminous Leaping, the music would be Star City from Diddy Kong Racing.
Thanks!
era64 wrote:Daizo's early levels are pretty much made in style of JDCGames Collab (in fact, one of them (in World 7) was in fact made for JDCGames Collab 2, but the collab was stopped, and the level was submitted for JUMP).
I think it was the combination of the rompiness and the fully converted non-vanilla graphics that made me say that. Also, unnecessary groundpounds in a bossfight gave me bad SMWCP flashbacks.

Never heard of JDCGames before. I will have to check it out!
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Hm, so I guess somebody in YouTube comments said how insane Special-5 is. Just to clarify, the level didn't get any Midway Points in later versions, in fact its author explicitly said "dont put stupid multimidpoints in that" when people were complaining about its difficulty back while JUMP was developed :lol:.

I'm not going to discuss if special-5 is harder than 1F8. It definitely is without switch palaces, but with switch palaces, I do consider it myself to be harder, but I can see why 1F8 would be harder. Still, I don't think it's the hardest level in the game (that one would be by the person who made Keep the Positive Altitude, and unlike his other levels, this level wasn't made easier at all in later versions of a game).
1234abcdcba4321
this is a guy

Post by 1234abcdcba4321 »

era64 wrote:Hm, so I guess somebody in YouTube comments said how insane Special-5 is. Just to clarify, the level didn't get any Midway Points in later versions, in fact its author explicitly said "dont put stupid multimidpoints in that" when people were complaining about its difficulty back while JUMP was developed :lol:.

I'm not going to discuss if special-5 is harder than 1F8. It definitely is without switch palaces, but with switch palaces, I do consider it myself to be harder, but I can see why 1F8 would be harder. Still, I don't think it's the hardest level in the game (that one would be by the person who made Keep the Positive Altitude, and unlike his other levels, this level wasn't made easier at all in later versions of a game).
I decided to clarify my comment a bit. Also, which level are you talking about?

shattered dreams cant move left room?

yo.
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

1234abcdcba4321 wrote:Also, which level are you talking about?

shattered dreams cant move left room?

Yes.
anonymousbl00dlust

Well I'm happy to hear that there are harder levels than mine :D. Looking forward to playing them!

Episode 12

Next episode hasn't been recorded yet! New content! Hooray!
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Perhaps that's a bit crazy of a suggestion, but when you get to 1F8, could you consider playing Almost Frame Perfect by ft029 (Miami Ninja on YouTube). This level was essentially speaking, heavily inspired by 1F8, and was actually submitted for JUMP 1/2 (and rejected because of its difficulty). The ROM hack has 10 levels (essentially one level, and each level on overworld marks a checkpoint), and the first level is "JUMPS" to the left of Yoshi's House (after that, Mario automatically walks the correct way).
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

help

Anyway, I should use the instant retry thing on that. I'm sure anonymousbl00dlust would go through that hack in under 10 minutes though.
Mosts Awards:
anonymousbl00dlust

Sorry for yet another delay. I was vacationing in cowboy country doing cowboy stuff.

I'll have another video up in a few days.

era64 wrote:Perhaps that's a bit crazy of a suggestion, but when you get to 1F8, could you consider playing Almost Frame Perfect by ft029 (Miami Ninja on YouTube). This level was essentially speaking, heavily inspired by 1F8, and was actually submitted for JUMP 1/2 (and rejected because of its difficulty). The ROM hack has 10 levels (essentially one level, and each level on overworld marks a checkpoint), and the first level is "JUMPS" to the left of Yoshi's House (after that, Mario automatically walks the correct way).
Sure.
anonymousbl00dlust

Re: Lets Play Banzai Mario World : This looks fun

anonymousbl00dlust