(shouting)

JUMP - Let's meet again at JUMP½

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: JUMP - actually stands for "Jolpe Utterly Made Poop" and maybe "Jolly Upsetting Moving Podoboos"

Post by Alice »

Iso's room looks like it'd piss me off but it's still neat, lol.
Grounder wrote:hey

hey iso

you know that mario has been able to go left for ages now right? :P
Liar, everyone knows Mario can only go right!
ravegg

Re: JUMP - actually stands for "Jolpe Utterly Made Poop" and maybe "Jolly Upsetting Moving Podoboos"

Post by ravegg »

Oh boy raocow is not gonna like my room. It's a very puzzly section, and figuring things out isn't really raocow's strong suit. Also wow, can't believe I made a thing that was harder than m/m's room. Hooray?

Looking forward the boss and the rest of Shattered Dreams though, this level has some really neat stuff.
I make puzzles for games sometimes check em -> Steam Workshop
Isocitration

Post by Isocitration »

Yep, my room is just 'nope' for most people and it's easy to see why. It's fine though, there are two other choices so no one* is under any obligation to actually complete it.

*Except weirdo over-completionists
raocow wrote:you are dommed iso.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Ashan wrote:

I did it with the assumption we're in the key of C and only using the bottom 4 lines of the staff
beautiful
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
nathanisbored

Post by nathanisbored »

morsel/morceau wrote:Yeah, my rooms in these castles were supposed to be 'less so' rather than morceau, but that one is definitely a bit too easy. I apologise to every one for my poor judgment and will make it a bit harder for the next update.
I thought the hidden rooms were supposed to be the easiest of the three? And actually your room took me about an hour :P (although iso's took me over two hours).
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

As most people would already know, Daizo designed the room and I created the gimmick. Here's the sample video which introduced the gimmick, if anyone is interested.

The rooms in this level were placed subject to the following rules:
1. Sublevel B1 and BB should be in different hubs. B1 should come earlier than BB.
(Currently B1 is 1-hidden and BB is 2-right)
2. No two rooms made by the same author are in the same hub.
3. Each author can have at most one hidden room.
4. The hidden room is supposed to be relatively easier than the other two. Rooms considered harder or longer than others should not be hidden.
5. The difficulty of the two unhidden rooms should be similar, if possible.
6. The overall difficulty curve is increasing, except the 1st tier is somewhat harder than the 2nd tier, i.e. 2 < 1 < 3 < 4. The intention was to make people struggle with harder doors and try to find out the hidden door explained by the message box. I thought that if the 1st is too easy, it is possible that people just forget about the message and enter the 2nd tier.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Well, that sure was a thing.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

So who WAS that that fell out of the boss at the end?
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ryrir »

As we all know, it's not a talkhaus SMW hack if it doesn't have at least one touhou boss

Seriously though, that fight is probably the best boss fight you could probably ever hope for with the restrictions of SMW. We're really, really lucky that worldpeace decided to come over and help JUMP become what it now is, without him, the hack would probably still be in development limbo right now.

The hallway before the boss is supposed to be a recollection of all that the player has gone through up to this point. There is exactly one level per world (except star world), and I think the levels were chosen based on "uniqueness" (so that you actually recognize the level even in its blurry, compressed form) and whether it is one the "main path" of each world or not (to increase the chances that the player actually played the level in question). I believe it's also one of the HUB rooms Daizo did for the two multiperson levels, the majority of the HUBs were created by worldpeace.

My internet connection is going to be spotty for the next week or so, so I might not be able to do daily posts for a while
this is getting laundromatic
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

Voltgloss wrote:So who WAS that that fell out of the boss at the end?
It was a sprite worldpeace had made for a very old project called 'dual' which never came to fruition, so I had the idea to have the robot be piloted by this thing as a little detail. Beyond that it doesn't appear to reference anything I know of.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

this looks surprisingly fair for a touhou mario boss thing. i'm impressed
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

Man, rao should probably just flat-out play Touhou. He's certainly been trained to dodge danmaku while dealing with acceleration and gravity for years now, he could probably 1cc one game where he has complete control at this point.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

and so the canada's brother mexico was defeated by mario posessed by his cousin's ghost

THE END
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I would find Touhou considerably more to my taste if they were all Thwomps.
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

what
what
whoa
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

Oh my god, that boss... I think that boss is legitimately better than most carol bosses. No offense to him, he's still a pretty awesome ASM duder, but wow, holy crap. I... honestly don't think I've seen anything this awesome as a boss since VIP 5 (I keep referring back to that hack, I think I have a problem).

In any case, hurray, we defeated the evil Gundam I guess. Or whatever it's supposed to be. And after clean-up we get to the postgame's postgame (I believe worldpeace's difficulty sheet referred to it as "B Side", presumably jokingly). I guess. Knowing the author of one of the levels, I uh... fear the worst.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
nathanisbored

Post by nathanisbored »

I failed to mention this last time, but why was mellonpizza's room changed? In v1.01 which I played, a lot of the projectiles were going the other direction, and there was one section which was completely nerfed in this version. I guess it was made to be slightly easier to fit the difficulty theme, but idk, I thought it was fine before.
Skully
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Skully »

In which raocow proves to be the best Gundam fighter using naught but the power of eyedrops.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

It's absolutely insane how far SMW hacking has come.
Wow.
lolyoshi
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Post by lolyoshi »

Man I wish you guys didn't start comparing things to SMBX, even if the talkhaus has basically evolved to be nearly an SMBX forum.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

lolyoshi wrote:Man I wish you guys didn't start comparing things to SMBX, even if the talkhaus has basically evolved to be nearly an SMBX forum.
they're POSITIVE comparisons though

isnt that a GOOD thing?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

So, was it the weird guy piloting the giant robot whose dreams were ultimately shattered? The designers whose sections weren't played here? Morsel/Morceau when he realized that his rooms were actually fairly reasonable compared to some of his collaborators?
Mata Hari wrote:I would find Touhou considerably more to my taste if they were all Thwomps.
Eh, they'd probably just reinterpret a Thwomp to mean a teenaged girl dressed in grey wearing a hat, anyway.
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

nathanisbored wrote:I failed to mention this last time, but why was mellonpizza's room changed? In v1.01 which I played, a lot of the projectiles were going the other direction, and there was one section which was completely nerfed in this version. I guess it was made to be slightly easier to fit the difficulty theme, but idk, I thought it was fine before.
I personally found it to be too much of a gamble (Time p-speed activation and shooting things) though I think I nerfed it too much. I think just changing where the conveyor fights you -> propels you would have been good enough. I felt pressured to make a decision quickly and it even nullified the asm I made to sync those two, lol.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:So, was it the weird guy piloting the giant robot whose dreams were ultimately shattered? The designers whose sections weren't played here? Morsel/Morceau when he realized that his rooms were actually fairly reasonable compared to some of his collaborators?
I can't answer any of your questions, but I can give you a list of alternative names which are even less explicable: http://www.strawpoll.me/4297261.
dont wanna jihad no more