(shouting)

JUMP - Let's meet again at JUMP½

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: JUMP - actually stands for "Jolpe Utterly Made Poop" and maybe "Jolly Upsetting Moving Podoboos"

Post by Ryrir »

And so it begins.

It seems like we're going to see this level for a long while now, considering that there are twelve rooms in total and a boss, and I kind of doubt that we'll see more than two rooms played per video (expect when things go extraordinarily well I guess). We're in it for the long haul!
I'd actually advise raocow to do all the rooms first before tackling the boss, because the boss is super epic and awesome and I think that going back to complete more rooms after that experience could feel kind of flat and pointless...
What I'd suggest is play up to the boss door and then simply reset the game, since the last hard save was after "The Depraved Stronghold" so you'd be able to start again at the beginning of the level and do the doors you missed.

The cylinder room is pretty interesting because while it may not be "blind" in the traditional sense of the word, you still have to have pretty good reflexes if you want to clear it without previous knowledge. We have already seen the camera gimmick in a section in "Root of Yggdrasil", where you have to watch the top of the screen to see where your skull raft is.
this is getting laundromatic
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: JUMP - actually stands for "Jolpe Utterly Made Poop" and maybe "Jolly Upsetting Moving Podoboos"

Post by Sugar »

Ryrir wrote:What I'd suggest is play up to the boss door and then simply reset the game, since the last hard save was after "The Depraved Stronghold" so you'd be able to start again at the beginning of the level and do the doors you missed.
And a player did in fact save, Secret Storehouse allows removing Midway Points, so that's neat.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

but isn't there also like two other levels after shattered dreams or something anyway ?

I dunno kinda like having an 'honest' run at this point, without a whole bunch of 'lp related' shenangians like rooms cleaning, which is why I like to do them seperately.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Ryrir

Post by Ryrir »

Well yeah, but the boss is so very UMPH that it would feel weird to me to enter the level again after that. That's really just my personal opinion though

I think ultimately the answer is that it really doesn't matter either way. Just do it the way you want to do it
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

And so it begins, huh? This is going to be a thing. Both rooms looked pretty interesting, though a lot of the cylinder thing I think raocow just made harder on himself. Or... something. I think. Maybe.

Also since someone's gonna ask and Ryrir didn't post a link himself, the music, according to the soundtrack listing, is The Profound from Fortress 2 Blue... a game I have never heard of in the slightest, but hey we've had a lot of Korean game music in this hack so this kind of just keeps the train going on that end. :V
Ryrir wrote: I'd actually advise raocow to do all the rooms first before tackling the boss, because the boss is super epic and awesome and I think that going back to complete more rooms after that experience could feel kind of flat and pointless...
To reflect what raocow just said there's two more levels afterwards so even then it's going to feel even more flat and pointless because oh look two MORE levels that were not hinted at in any way.

The irony is that raocow is screwed out of a sense of finality any way you slice it.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I feel like that message block does not do the best job of communicating what it means to communicate
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

There was not a whole lot of jumping in that area, given the hack name.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

Mata Hari wrote:I feel like that message block does not do the best job of communicating what it means to communicate
Whatever form of expression it is in Korean probably was hard to translate to english for worldpeace, considering his translating has gotten fairly good as of recent
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

the boo room looked kind of easier than the VVVVVV room, though maybe it's because i haven't seen much of it.
Bud8Amp88
Location: East of raocow, west of Newfiebangaa...not sure how much that helps...

Post by Bud8Amp88 »

Divemissile wrote:the boo room looked kind of easier than the VVVVVV room, though maybe it's because i haven't seen much of it.
This. Absolutely this. Unless Morsel put some deviousness beyond where rao got to (which is certainly very likely), from what we've seen, it appears as though it's just a "know where the boo beams are shooting toward, and avoid them and the hyper-boo carousels accordingly" things...and I have no problem with that, honestly. Never thought I'd actually WANT to take a Morsel room over one from Worldpeace, but there ya go.

(Unless, of course, the hidden door for this choice is even easier, but I guess we'll see, won't we?)
I'm A raocow Guy

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bud8Amp88
Game Anyone: [url]htp://www.gameanyone.com/user/Bud8Amp88[/url]
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/bud8amp88
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Well let me say one thing. I love this level. But there is one room that is just BS to be honest (I still wonder why it was inserted and not replaced by something else) and plain unfun. I don't know who made it so nothing against you creator.

It's the room where you cannot walk left. It's tedious and dumb and I haven't watched any LPer who enjoyed this room.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Slit08 wrote:
It's the room where you cannot walk left. It's tedious and dumb and I haven't watched any LPer who enjoyed this room.

Have you considered walking right instead? I think it might be a little more fun that way. :D

worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Mata Hari wrote:I feel like that message block does not do the best job of communicating what it means to communicate
If you mean the ones at the beginning of the level, then mellonpizza is true. If you mean the one at the beginning of my room, giving an unclear hint was an intention that rewards players who figure out the topological meaning of cylinder (especially helpful maybe for those who played gradius or parodius series?). Actually most players were supposed to learn it by green coins. If you mean the both, oh well. :oops:

By the way, I truly like that morsel's room is being said to be easier this time. Accidentally, my rooms and his rooms were placed in the same hub several times, and mine always seemed to be easier than his. There were some rules for the room placement in Shattered Dreams, for example rooms created by the same person should not be in the same tier. I will reveal them later maybe when raocow beat the second tier.
cozyduck

Post by cozyduck »

worldpeace125 wrote: By the way, I truly like that morsel's room is being said to be easier this time. Accidentally, my rooms and his rooms were placed in the same hub several times, and mine always seemed to be easier than his. There were some rules for the room placement in Shattered Dreams, for example rooms created by the same person should not be in the same tier. I will reveal them later maybe when raocow beat the second tier.
I actually think M/Ms room is a bit harder, raocow just hasn't shown the whole think yet, but unlike in Bowser's castle, the difference in difficulty between both rooms is fairly small (The same applies in my opinion to a later hub in Shattered Dreams).
Having said that,

M/Ms room is imo the easiest choice in the final hub (or maybe I should say the least hard choice), which is quite shocking.

morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Yeah, my rooms in these castles were supposed to be 'less so' rather than morceau, but that one is definitely a bit too easy. I apologise to every one for my poor judgment and will make it a bit harder for the next update.
dont wanna jihad no more
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

morsel/morceau wrote:Yeah, my rooms in these castles were supposed to be 'less so' rather than morceau, but that one is definitely a bit too easy. I apologise to every one for my poor judgment and will make it a bit harder for the next update.
That pun is awful, please locate the nearest exit and see yourself through it posthaste.

I'm fairly certain the OTL man in M/M's bouncy platform shenanigans is just meant to be a dude who has faced defeat at the hands of M/M's super scary bounce ride of terror. Also the room with the teleportation gimmick's kind of cool. And the "suddenly Bunny Must Die sans Gear of Time" and the "screen scroll yourself through walls" rooms look really scary.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

raocow, don't feel bad about using savestates in the room where you can't walk left. That room is absolutely absurd.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

ravegg's section looked like raw nonsensebrain

iso's section was like... yeah ok nah

I'd be surprised if most players didn't pick m/m's section there
Ryrir

Post by Ryrir »

I still stand behind my point that ultimately all rooms have pretty unique gimmicks and pretty well thought out level design - but that being said, some people might have pushed their rooms a bit too far... Especially the two "normal" doors in the very last HUB are both pretty long and pretty slow going in general, which means you'll need a lot of patience (and time!) if you want to clear them. I suppose we'll see how it goes when we get there, but maybe you should already plan a separate video for each of them, or just use tools if you get too frustrated.

While today went fairly well and he got to the end quickly, raocow also pretty much always chose the easiest option available (since the hidden doors are somewhat easier than the normal ones). He was able to put all of the cleanup of Bowser's Castle in one single video, but it's simply not going to be possible for "Shattered Dreams" (I can honestly think of at least four rooms at the top of my head which would probably require their own video if done without tools).

So yeah, we have only seen one thirds of all possible doors... Even though some of them are pretty crazy, luckily pretty much all of them are just as amazing level design-wise as the ones we saw already, so I'm actually really looking forward to the clean up videos (and the boss of course)!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

hey

hey iso

you know that mario has been able to go left for ages now right? :P
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Cirno

Post by Cirno »

Quite a few of the hazards in Iso's room seem to be burnable, and you get a fire flower right at the start. Seems to me like it would be a much easier room if you used spinjumps to face left and burn everything ahead of time.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Wow. That "Wonderstone" gimmick was awesome, and it's a shame that level was so short. Seriously, one could build an entire game around that concept alone.

And: Wow. A choice of doors where the morsel/morceau one was the *easiest* of them. Amaze!

That "can't go left" stage... yeah, I'm going to join the chorus here and say that it... maybe isn't the best idea ever, really.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I'd seen spoilers about a "can't go left" gimmick room, but I thought people were talking about a place where you just couldn't press in one direction (like in the last act of Terry Cavanagh's classic flash game, Don't Look Back). "Yeah, I can see how that could be an annoying room", I thought to myself. I didn't dream that the room's gimmick would actually be "you can't press in one direction" combined with "that is the direction you need to go" by way of "push yourself around with water currents". That's a new low.

Speaking of new lows:
morsel/morceau wrote:Yeah, my rooms in these castles were supposed to be 'less so' rather than morceau,
As someone who feels physical pain at most puns, this one is... actually amazing and good. In fact, any flaws in m/m's levels in this hack, and also all of talkhaus threads' history of being too quick to jump on things sometimes, have all been redeemed as worthwhile as setup for this pun. Today the world is a better place.
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

These were neat and all, but what's the deal with Iso's room?
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I don't think anyone did the transcription of the saw blades, so I did it myself

I did it with the assumption we're in the key of C and only using the bottom 4 lines of the staff

Also Mellonpizza's room was really good.