(shouting)

DT3 - raocow and the game that ended

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: DT3 - raocow, the pin cushion

Post by Alice »

Dracula was a weird boss. Much like raocow I had a fairly easy time figuring him out other than his spread shot then spent a good 6-7 lives dying in really stupid ways before finally actually beating him.
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

Zephyr, I seem to have a bug of sorts. And I figured its probably easier and faster to mention it here instead of going through the process of emailing you. End of Gate 5 spoilers for people other than Zephyr and his testers looking to click the spoiler.

So I just finished Gate 5 and I'm using morph ball to go East as intended. After the story text that talks about the Abomination showing up in the desert, I died fooling around. After respawning, I can no longer get out of morph ball. In fact, I can't use any morph ball abilities. I can't switch to Jerry either. I tried exiting the map / dying but this is still a problem.
Edit:
So I ended up using the tablet to teleport and it fixed itself. I'm going to attempt to reproduce this in some form...
Edit2:
I found the problem. If I died while Claire was using the Belmont set, this bug occurs. I'm guessing its specific to this map, as it forces you to enter while in morph ball. I tried dying with Jerry out to see if I get the bug but that interaction seems to be working fine.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Ah, that's an easy fix. One was going to be going out soon-ish to fix another crash issue on lower end machines. I can include the fix for this as well.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

jaxter0987 wrote:
So I just finished Gate 5 and I'm using morph ball to go East as intended. After the story text that talks about the Abomination showing up in the desert, I died fooling around. After respawning, I can no longer get out of morph ball. In fact, I can't use any morph ball abilities. I can't switch to Jerry either. I tried exiting the map / dying but this is still a problem.
I previously suggested that

even if morph ball and its associated ability set are disabled, you should be allowed to unmorph. I don't know if this would cause any problems, but it feels like a good fail-safe measure, since morph ball restricts you quite a bit.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Piter Lauchy wrote:Jerry and Claire start to become friendlier. They're totally gonna end up back together at the end of this, right?
I sort of hope not, as they come off as a pretty poor match for each other on that front, but a reconciliation would be nice to see. People can learn that they're not well-suited as romantic partners and still get along otherwise, and I sort of wish there were more stories that acknowledged that. I've never much been fond of the meme that it's mandatory to hate all of your exes.

That all said, shouldn't Claire have been using a rock-in-a-sock to battle Dracula? That's totally how all of the cool kids do it.
Kalir

Post by Kalir »

I too am in favor of this ending with Jerry and Claire not getting together again.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

Hey cowrao you mentioned having low heart energy a lot so when you find the next shop
buy the thing that gives you heart energy when you hit something I'm pretty sure you'd be able to make great use of that
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Hooray for in-jokes!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

Quite the split on the relationship. I like it.

To answer your question raocow, you can only break the walls with your hair. I think they're essentially just the soft blocks you tried to bomb in that one pit with Jerry.

I really like that troll moment with the item before the gem room. You see the really easy to get item, then the secret chest is super hard. (or was that not intended?) Then the ending happened too. Why didn't he just go down the hole at the halfway point of the split hallway? Doors are checkpoints...

Also:

You missed more gettable items raocow. Where? That's for you to figure out.

What happened to the bats in "Think before you act"?! Were they a problem or something? To me, it was a note of "ride this platform and don't jump off (like raocow)"
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

Man... raocow took like a hundred less tries than me to get that Heart Energy upgrade. After trying for so long, I just decided to come back later.

I'd be pretty happy if Claire and Jerry got back together, but I can settle with just friends that don't bicker all the time.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

Today on DT3: It's starting to look a lot more like DT.

As for Jerry and Claire, I don't see them becoming a romantic couple again or anything, I just see them going "okay we were being really childish, we should have been doing more than just trade jabs with each other over things". Notably Jerry doesn't seem to snarking as much at her, so... progress?
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

The fact that people care at all whether they get back together or not is certainly something.

Well, the plot will start rearing its (insert descriptive here) head soon after the afore-foreshadowed "rite of passage" boss. And in some ways I feel that's appropriate, since if you're still playing at that point the game is probably right up your alley, and if not, then... not!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Almost 500 skulls collected.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Re: DT3 - raocow arrives in DT land

Post by Plutia »

raocow, in most cases, when you die, you respawn with 75% health. try not to squander potions unless it's a really hard room!
also the little 'air juggle' thing is thrice as many frames now as of the latest patch. it might mess you up a lil bit!

the dash buttons make the dash a lot better in my opinion since you have no risk of accidentally using it
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

THANK YOU CLAIRE!

BUT OUR DATA CHIP IS IN
ANOTHER CASTLE!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

Nekoishi wrote:also the little 'air juggle' thing is thrice as many frames now as of the latest patch. it might mess you up a lil bit!
I dunno, I could never do much juggling with Claire, because her attack is so slow. With Jerry it will be very noticeable.

But oh boy! Dashing is back and its as saddening as ever. Yes, it means you can dodge enemies... but the game is very quickly made to take that into account.

cough cough death cough

Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Nekoishi wrote:raocow, in most cases, when you die, you respawn with 75% health. try not to squander potions unless it's a really hard room!
pretty sure he was trying to 'no-death' the video, so that he could have another 'untitled'
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

And now it's time for Slit08's favorite part of the game.

Kappa

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Nekoishi wrote:the dash buttons make the dash a lot better in my opinion since you have no risk of accidentally using it
They really do. raocow, if you have another controller that you could setup for DT I highly recommend giving it a try. Having dedicated dash forwards/backwards or left/right buttons is a lot better than the up/down+jump method. Or keep the up/down+jump method cause I'm sure it'll result in at least a few really hilarious deaths at some point.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Jerry and Claire's death animations kind of look like they were designed specifically with taking a mace to the face in mind.
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

I don't know... if I can play through DT1 using the Up / Down + Jump Key method while also 100%ing the game on the keyboard (on Normal though), I can get through this game doing the same. I'm saying this as I'm not exactly the best at platformers. I fully accept all my deaths I've made accidentally dashing, as its is completely player error. Its not like the input is awkward to execute, its just me being bad at that point.

Also I love the BGM of Death's Sky Castle. It's so fitting.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Up/down+jump is generally the type of configuration better suited for keyboard than controller since the arrow/WASD keys on a keyboard are more clearly differentiated than on a controller. It's easier to accidentally hit up or down on a D-pad while holding left or right, which is a non-issue on a keyboard. It's probably also easier to transition between up/down and left/right on a keyboard since you use different fingers for each, so not having to use that transition to dash would be more helpful for people using a controller.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

If people can do it, good on ya. That means raocow can too. But personally I feel this game is harder and requires more precision over DT1. Dash restrictions will be twice as deadly here, so the use of dash buttons is way better. I feel like I can never go back to DT1 with how good dashing is in this game. Between dedicated buttons and dedicating left and right, it is just so perfect.

But hey, if raocow wants to do it his way, let him. I just hope it doesn't cause extra frustration for the more intensive sections.
Imipolex G
very dairy
Pronouns: any

Post by Imipolex G »

Looks like we're headed into Harmony of Dissonance land. Groovy

As for Jerry and Claire...well honestly I've been kind of tuning out the dialogue and have no strong opinion on their relationship or lack thereof.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Even though I've played with a keyboard with this entire time, I still like the dash buttons a lot. I did play quite all right with the legacy up/down + jump controls before the dash buttons were added, but after they were added, I turned off the D-Pad Dash option and never went back. It's just easier to manage things that way, when later in the game you need the Up key for other things.

I use the forward/backwards setup rather than the left/right setup because it's easier to transition from the D-Pad Dash (which also works forward/backward) and it's easier for me to stick to one button for dashing forward

especially since the air dash always goes forward

Like Alice said, I would recommend raocow to try playing with the dash buttons even if he needs to go get a more modern controller with more buttons.