(shouting)

DT3 - raocow and the game that ended

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Re: DT3 - raocow and the neverending game

Post by Plutia »

raocow actually understood what was going on with jeremy's scans and that makes me really happy since i've seen several people not get it
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

I am so looking forward to the end of this LP. Don't get me wrong! I bear no ill will toward the creator or anyone who enjoys the game. I'm simply referring to fatigue at seeing the same thing for so long. After over a hundred and fifty videos, I'm ready for a change of pace. Usually, when raocow does a B-side I don't care for, I just shrug it off and go watch some of his other videos until the playthrough is over (he does have an extensive library, after all, and I happily wonder if I'll ever be able to watch through all of it). But with the sheer length of this one, I feel like raocow hasn't had a B-side for half a year now!
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

This one room is really fun to do damageless. Its really crazy looking, but not nearly as bad as it looks. Also, Morphball is your friend here. It makes dodging so much easier when your hitbox is a single tile big. Also, jumping, for whatever reason raocow was refusing to use it. "I don't get what I'm supposed to do." Just jump.

As for the "Lovely speech Hex," like oh boy. He went full edge lord. But it is a fitting speech. We get a full overview of why he's 2edgy5me and hates everything, on top of Jeremy letting him rot in the vault for however long.

Topic of Bad End:
You actually fight a DIFFERENT version of Hex, that includes the lightning and morphball danmaku phases. Then after doing enough damage, he'll summon the Abomination.

Anyway, with how the Abomination went, I'm expecting at least 3 episodes again. This is probably the only boss that made me outright hate the game. By far it was my least favorite boss of the entire game, yet it is really fitting since we're supposed to hate this guy. That aside though, getting through to the actual fight (after the immunity phase) is tiresome attempt after attempt. Abomination, yeah you had the 10 second delay between game over and fight start, but at least you weren't in constant danger. Here, you have to survive two really mean sections before you start doing much of anything. So many times I'd get hit like 2-3 times before even finishing Morphball danmaku, and just forced game over.

This one also got some tweaks in earlier patches, and fixed a bug or two. Patch note alone, I can tell it vastly improved the fight.
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

Its still going to be a cluster of rage despite the revisions to this fight. One of raocow's gripes about the Abomination fight was how punishing it was when you died because of how long it takes to get back to the stage of the fight you were at. This fight amps that up to 11 so yeah I preemptively mentioned ragecow in my last post...

SCAN EVERYTHING. Everything that you can do damage to can be scanned. Did you notice how you were doing damage to that lightning shield thing with Claire's Spazer Beam at the end there?
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

jaxter0987 wrote:Its still going to be a cluster of rage despite the revisions to this fight.
Oh yeah no, I agree. But imagine the rage he'd have dying to

hands and the ceiling tiles spawning during the final phase, after spawns should have stopped.

That happened to me a good 5 or 6 times and it just... GRAHHHH
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

I hated this boss too. Which seems to be the intention so maybe that's a good thing...?

At the very least, Hexor the Edgelord will no longer be around once this is over.
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

Dark Hunter wrote:I hated this boss too. Which seems to be the intention so maybe that's a good thing...?

At the very least, Hexor the Edgelord will no longer be around once this is over.
True. One way or another, he'll finally get to stop existing like he always wanted to.
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

Apparently masses of spinning red circles hypnotize raocow into thinking that jumping and dashing have been taken away.

Hex had some bug fixes, but he's also been nerfed, massively. All of the attacks that actually kill you deal like 3 less damage. If raocow makes effective use of equipment, he might even have a chance at beating this boss in fewer episodes than Supreme Buht'Houl.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Wait a minute, is The Scarlet H seriously Hexor's personal, super-original logodonotsteal? That is seriously like the lamest thing ever. At this point I can only assume that his nihilism stems from embarrassment at the realization of what a massive dweeb his is, and he wants to destroy the universe to erase all evidence.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:Wait a minute, is The Scarlet H seriously Hexor's personal, super-original logodonotsteal? That is seriously like the lamest thing ever. At this point I can only assume that his nihilism stems from embarrassment at the realization of what a massive dweeb his is, and he wants to destroy the universe to erase all evidence.
This is now my head-canon.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Good, the game will soon address why time and time again, Chao has always been able to get through with her hacking, and not get blocked.

Something I've been wondering about for a good while now. Since the Sigma fight.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I would guess that has to do with the fact that she has a physical avatar there, as opposed to Jeremy who's sitting on the fourth wall.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I think it's implied that Hex can interfere with Jeremy much more easily because the program based Hex on Jeremy, so Hex understands Jeremy's methods and can often predict or quickly interpret what Jeremy is doing and how he is doing it (and Hex basically does things the same way Jeremy does). With Chao he has no such advantage, and he has much more trouble figuring out how she is doing something or finding a way to counter it because he has to figure it out from scratch.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Right, since Hexor is a copy of Jeremy, he knows exactly how Jeremy thinks and what Jeremy will do, so he's able to counter Jeremy's hacking.

Chao, on the other hand, he doesn't have such insight on, so he can't block her as effectively.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:Wait a minute, is The Scarlet H seriously Hexor's personal, super-original logodonotsteal? That is seriously like the lamest thing ever. At this point I can only assume that his nihilism stems from embarrassment at the realization of what a massive dweeb his is, and he wants to destroy the universe to erase all evidence.
If this was the case I would have liked DT3 Hexor way more. :lol:
Le Neveu de Rameau

Now that I think of it, I'm a bit disappointed that Hexor's boss subtitle was just an ellipsis parade rather than something like "Hextacular Edgelord" or so such. It's sort of difficult not to think of that as his official job description at this point.

Speaking of Edgelordery, I think we can see from the æsthetic direction this fight takes that Hexor prefers to simply call himself "Hex" these days due the latter word's association with black magic, which he doubtless considers a suitably Edgelordly motif (this would also explain his choice in attire, even though, as we previously established, he actually looks like this, albeit with a very large frown). However, it's important to note that "hex" comes from Pennsylvania German hexe, from continental German hexen, "to perform witchcraft", itself a verbalization of the noun Hexe, meaning "witch".

But...there is also a good old Anglo-Saxon word which corresponds to German "Hexe". And that word is "hag". So basically, Hexie-poo (emphasis on the "poo") is actually calling himself a withered old crone. I bet he cackles with the best of them.

I guess the Darkness didn't hook you up with an online etymological dictionary upon your grotesque miscarriage into this world, eh, Party-Poopin' Paul?
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

The game is simply not going to do that at this point because it's aiming to be serious and dark in this chapter. Notice the complete lack of header messages in the warship? That's why.

Now here's a question I would like to ask people: how would you rank the scariest, most disturbing moments in the game?
  • The Vault, where you confront the Abomination
  • The lower chambers of Neo Grime City, with Stalkers patrolling in the dark
  • The Hidden Program Facility underneath Central City, with slowed-down dial-up sound
  • Gate H with Claire's mother looking for you
  • The Hexor fight in the warship, with a mangled version of the creepy Sonic CD boss theme edited by ZephyrBurst
  • Something not on the list
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

None of them
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

ano0maly wrote:
  • Gate H with Claire's mother looking for you
  • The lower chambers of Neo Grime City, with Stalkers patrolling in the dark
  • Lava Caves (Game over Disabled)
  • The Hexor fight in the warship, with a mangled version of the creepy Sonic CD boss theme edited by ZephyrBurst
  • The Vault, where you confront the Abomination
  • The Hidden Program Facility underneath Central City, with slowed-down dial-up sound
From top to bottom, scariest to least. Even Claire's mother was only a moment of fear, but it was the scariest and longest moment of them all.

Also, you reminded me about something I wanted to bring up about Neo Grime. I like how the boss there, the thing I assume Hex wakes up after he takes away your powers, does an attack where you have to dash between 3 sections of arena where lightning falls down that you have to avoid. Here in the Warship, he does the same thing with 5 sections, and adds ones from the sides and a set you have to block with co-op shield. Its like "hey here's a preview of one of the final bosses."
Le Neveu de Rameau

ano0maly wrote:The game is simply not going to do that at this point because it's aiming to be serious and dark in this chapter.
Aye, Hexor summoning goofy gargantuan grabby appendages called "Hex Hands" and Jeremy's text spilling over the edge of the window and featuring such pointed interpolations as "gobbldepoop" suggests that neither the slightest tee nor the faintest whisper of a hee is meant to sully these horrifically harrowing, hexagonal hostilities.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Well, whoever bet their money on 1 video for hex, congratulations, you win!
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Jokes don't work when they're streeeetched out for so long.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

It wasn't until I fought Hex this morning that I realized just how improved the fight is. I still hate the fight with a passion, but the fight is vastly improved. And NZZ bringing up the nerfs... wow they were huge. Like... Hex isn't even threatening anymore. He's by far 3rd hardest boss... maybe downgraded to 4th, below even Death. I at least expected the toll of having to redo the danmaku sections over and over to still weigh raocow down a bit. But... nope.

Intense concentration probably helped too.

Edit: I also don't remember getting like, an entire life bar's worth of hearts by the end.

Good luck with Warmaster though. He's still going to wreck your face for a good few hours.
Last edited by Lostsoldier20 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Money

Post by Money »

If I could make one small suggestion, Zephyr, it would be to make the line lasers a color other than red, because (unless im stupid and saw incorrectly) it looks like you can dash through them, and red is the universal color of "can't dash through" in this game.
Razzling
Maximum gay
First name: Josie
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Razzling »

I was honestly expecting a sort of "Hex has everyone backed into a corner, and Jeremy cant do anything for the life of him to save his friend" except chao just like, gets it, like "out hacks" Hex with minimal effort, because I do remember her mentioning a lot of Hex's things were "easy to hack" even when Jeremy couldnt get it easily.

Either way, jumping on his dumb face is still cool
:trans_pride: