(shouting)

DT3 - raocow and the game that ended

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Dark Hunter

Re: DT3 - raocow and the neverending game

Post by Dark Hunter »

Apparently CHAOS Shock Troopers are now named Buttface McGee. :D
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Dark Hunter wrote:Apparently CHAOS Shock Troopers are now named Buttface McGee. :D
I honestly though I was crazy and had somehow missed that they'd been called that all along, thanks for reassuring me. That is just too damn funny.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Only that one spawn is named Buttface McGee. In various places, certain enemies get unique names. These are usually based on things viewed during the LPs and streams. Such as "Laser Larry" being one of the laser orbs that you need around to hit the switches in Bubble Tower. I think we can guess where that came from.
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

I expected the mere presence of wind in a harsh combat arena to devolve into not actually trying to win and swearing at the game instead.

Guess that joke gets overplayed.

Buttface McGee is a name I gave to an enemy spawn from Chapter 18 that ended up being removed because he was just that obnoxiously placed. So this guy inherited the name instead, because this combat room is basically the last in the game. Even CHAOS doesn't like him.
Money

Post by Money »

zephyr pls patch game where you restart lives with 3 hearts like the actual zeldas
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

zephyr pls patch game where every character is known as Buttface McGee
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

zephyr pls patch game where there is hat that gives literal buttface
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: DT3 - raocow, something is wrong with Jerry

Post by ano0maly »

The ANGER encounter is one of those where the game doesn't tell you how many enemies you're supposed to defeat (and also one where you don't have to destroy all of the enemies). I think that antes up the stress the player would feel. Since there's no enemy counter, the player doesn't know when the fight ends and doesn't have a firm goal to aim for until the encounter is actually over.

Something I want to share about Jerry getting paralyzed.

Back in chapter 17, I didn't like how the story played out when Hexor knocks Jerry out cold and then Bubblun and Lovelun wake him up again. It's already the third time that the unconscious Jerry formula got used, and not only that, he gets restored with no effort and no consequences, despite all the scaremongering about how it's different this time.

It wasn't until chapter 20 that what Hexor did to Jerry was shown to be meaningful. This is a plot point that [ispoiler]will come back again during the Hexor battle, and again at the end of the game.[/ispoiler]
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

Zephyr please patch the game with a mode where all the text in the game is replaced with droggeljug, making the part where you climb on the text boxes impossible so the game can never be completed
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat

Post by ZephyrBurst »

MoneyMan wrote:zephyr pls patch game where you restart lives with 3 hearts like the actual zeldas
Play Achilles mode. You'll love life after that and have a fully enriching experience.
Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:zephyr pls patch game where every character is known as Buttface McGee
Telamon wrote:zephyr pls patch game where there is hat that gives literal buttface
TheVulpineHero1 wrote:Zephyr please patch the game with a mode where all the text in the game is replaced with droggeljug, making the part where you climb on the text boxes impossible so the game can never be completed

RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

This complaining about not starting with max hearts is mostly nonsense. The game already rewards you for picking them up (since 4 heart containers mean 3 more hearts when respawning), and if you started with all of them, you could just tank your way through pretty much every single non forced fight in the game.

And if you want max hearts that much, just go back to town and buy some juice. Once you've cleared the forced fights, dashing back through the warship is surprisingly easy and quick (though it's too late now, you can't go back through the drill bot room).
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

ZephyrBurst wrote:
MoneyMan wrote:zephyr pls patch game where you restart lives with 3 hearts like the actual zeldas
Play Achilles mode. You'll love life after that and have a fully enriching experience.

One, it is not enriching at all. No. Save your sanity.

Two, I approve.

As for today's episode, that second room is SO CRAZY with the point raocow made about being able to do it in one hit, doing it is really cool. I mean, I'll give the idea of Achilles being enriching some actual weight because of rooms like this. Majority of the time though... no. That aside, it hurt seeing raocow bomb jump over that one spike, because that just feels way more precise than a jump-morph. Though, preferences.

As for the maze... No. I died less here than in most tough maps (especially in Achilles), but no.

Also, I like how raocow buys juice after the last map I can see him using it on, outside of one other that I feel like he won't use it on.
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
Meowthnum1

Post by Meowthnum1 »

Wow, raocow crushed that maze. I had to draw a map. I thought more enemies spawned in that area? One trick I used to take out the flying guys was to put Claire in the middle row and Jerry on the bottom. I could switch to Jerry to lure him into Claire's line of fire
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.... Incoming ragecow.

Also you should spend your last level up on skills raocow.

This branch point would be the point of no return if you had waited to do the Abomination fight until now. Technically, its not the actual point but close enough.

I should get back to my Nightmare Mode playthrough...
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

I like the lightning maze room. It takes a while to work out, but it is an interesting obstacle.

Also, raocow, to navigate the undashable hex circles in that one room, you were supposed to switch to Claire while Jerry was in mid-air, then switch back when the circles were right. Switching like that leaves Jerry motionless in mid-air.

Final bosses hype now. This is gonna be something.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Dark Hunter wrote:I like the lightning maze room. It takes a while to work out, but it is an interesting obstacle.
It was the last of the split character maps. (Other than a certain other thing.) So I thought, what can I do to push this idea in a puzzle solving method, but doesn't force the player to bring Jerry here and Claire there. Lots of ideas actually.

Oh yeah, you can't get a different lightning arrangement by grabbing the key at a different time. All the lightning resets when the key is grabbed.
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

ZephyrBurst wrote:Oh yeah, you can't get a different lightning arrangement by grabbing the key at a different time. All the lightning resets when the key is grabbed.
This change brings the lightning grid from worst room in the game by far to only slightly worse than ANGER.

I made him do it because grabbing the blue key at the wrong time meant unavoidable damage, and that shouldn't be part of the "puzzle."
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Dark Hunter wrote:Also, raocow, to navigate the undashable hex circles in that one room, you were supposed to switch to Claire while Jerry was in mid-air, then switch back when the circles were right. Switching like that leaves Jerry motionless in mid-air.
That involves actually thinking about your actions though. Something raocow seems to be very averse to doing when it comes to video games. I'm also pretty sure that bomb jumping over that spike was also the hard way of doing it. Iirc Claire can just dash over it without issues.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Alice wrote:I'm also pretty sure that bomb jumping over that spike was also the hard way of doing it. Iirc Claire can just dash over it without issues.
I just tried it and technically it works, but visually it doesn't look like it would. The ceiling was deliberately made a little higher than what the graphics show to make that part a bit easier, it seems. The game does that occasionally.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

ano0maly wrote:I just tried it and technically it works, but visually it doesn't look like it would. The ceiling was deliberately made a little higher than what the graphics show to make that part a bit easier, it seems. The game does that occasionally.
Yeah, I don't actually blame raocow for overlooking that one to be honest. It really doesn't feel like it should work even though it does.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I would have thought to bomb jump too, since you're already in morph ball mode.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

I bomb-jumped there too. My natural reaction from many Metroid games played.

Actually the bomb-jump physics in this game are pretty good and controllable. Surprised me.
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

Bombed jumped a few times as well but after a couple of inconsistencies, I figured out that I could dash over it.
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Since the game never really forced me to bomb jump ever, my instinct was a jump dash.

I have to say, I'm amazed at how raocow breezed through the last few episodes. I had way more trouble on these than on the first ones.