(shouting)

DT3 - raocow and the game that ended

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: DT3 - raocow blows up a lot of robots

Post by raocow »

should be out now!!!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

I also didn't figure out that you were able to Strike Chain those Vine Eaters. I just chain dashed my way to that Cave Network Area.

The Railgun isn't really as widely versatile as the Energy Gem but you use it for the same purpose, to front load damage, in this case specifically Special type damage. It's part of a few Gold Par times in the Boss Gallery as well.

The Highlands are another "calm before the storm" area except its not really that calm as the enemies are pretty dangerous. Fitting, as Chapter 19 is a big deal plotwise. Some hype for the next couple of episodes are in order... if only raocow's computer wasn't fried. Hopefully the computer situation gets sorted out quickly.

Speaking of, Shotgun Ice takes care of the Ptooey Flower nicely.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Sucks about your computer, raocow. We'll still be here when you start uploading again.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

I've been MIA from the topic (especially because FF14 has taken over my life once more) but I still have opinions on stuff!

The entire snow base is probably one of my favorite areas in the game, until the second half with the red lasers gets a bit boring. I personally find the grapples precise, but fairly so. There were so many times that I blatantly missed, but still hooked on. There were a lot of moments here where yelling at the screen happened, especially that long hallway autoscroller with the grapple and switches.

Both bosses are great. I said before, but Brain Machine is precise but a fun precise. It keeps you moving constantly, and has you playing a finger dance. I like these finger dances. Some of the complaints of the FF14 fights recently is too many mechanics making finger dances, all the while I am enjoying it. So that's my taste, I guess. I like these super intensive fights.

Which makes sense why the final boss is my favorite boss.

Chaos Metal Sonic or whatever the hell the source name was, was also a fun right. A lot of safe spots if you actually attempt to play it safe. And the laser part with the Morphball was cool that you had to "interrupt" him. It kinda irked me though when raocow said it was a "you have to learn it first" moment. There's a lot of things you have to learn, but that was not one of them. Also, Jerry being the surprising hero of the fight is funny.

The stakes get so much higher with the Warship being activated. We have not only Hex himself and the Warmaster, but now they have a giant death machine that can't be penetrated. Plus, the Abomination is still over in The Barrens waiting for Hex to do who knows what with it. We have no less than 4 major world ending threats right here, and you're sent into an area where "game over" is "disabled." You're willing to believe it, if only for a moment. And it's such a cool trick.

And now to catch up with this area: I love the music so much. I can't stop humming it. And that one chest in the first room... I spent an hour looking for it until looking it up in another video. Might've been Brian? But god I took forever.

Good luck with computer issues, raocow. Seems everyone is having computer problems lately.
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

Lostsoldier20 wrote:We have no less than 4 major world ending threats right here, and you're sent into an area where "game over" is "disabled." You're willing to believe it, if only for a moment. And it's such a cool trick.
I didn't comment on the Lava Caves earlier but I also agree with this. I legit felt scared of getting a game over. Speaking of which Zephyr maybe you should break the 4th wall some more. When Jeremy says you should save right now if you haven't before that cut scene with Hex, maybe add that you should make a back up of your save, just to enhance the fear.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: DT3 - raocow and serenity

Post by ano0maly »

It's pretty ironic that at this point, a single Internetz drop from an enemy will give you more coins than a chest of coin shower in Highlands.

You can indeed scan the penguin inside the cannon, preferably before the cannon fires.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Each of those Highlands coins gives about 3 internetz, where 30 coins pop out of the chest.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Stupid as it sounds, I found the map description for the falls oddly touching. This entire area seems to be characterized by a sort of nostalgia for a place you've never been. That seems fitting for this series as a whole, I think.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

ZephyrBurst wrote:Each of those Highlands coins gives about 3 internetz, where 30 coins pop out of the chest.
Really? I wasn't aware of that. Was that changed in an update?
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat

Post by ZephyrBurst »

ano0maly wrote:
ZephyrBurst wrote:Each of those Highlands coins gives about 3 internetz, where 30 coins pop out of the chest.
Really? I wasn't aware of that. Was that changed in an update?
At launch, they gave 1 internet. I believe it was roughly a month or two after release (I think late November (also when a certain unannounced change that hasn't made it in the game yet, started)) that I changed them to 3. It was the same update that I went through and changed nearly all of the chests in the game to award roughly 20% more money.
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:Stupid as it sounds, I found the map description for the falls oddly touching. This entire area seems to be characterized by a sort of nostalgia for a place you've never been. That seems fitting for this series as a whole, I think.
Fun fact: All of the map names allude to game consoles.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Pretty oblique, but neat! Naturally the falls would be the nostalgia machine par excellence.
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

obligatory "where's today's video" comment

I must say though, this is possibly the best worst funniest possible place for a cliffhanger of epic proportions.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

NegativeZeroZ wrote:obligatory "where's today's video" comment

I must say though, this is possibly the best worst funniest possible place for a cliffhanger of epic proportions.
I mean personally, I think it is one of the best places for a cliffhanger.
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

NegativeZeroZ wrote:obligatory "where's today's video" comment

I would've said shutting off the virus, to be honest.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

Oh yeah raocow, since the Tranquil Serenity is totally going to be tranquil and serene and not at all a Thing, remember to talk to the NPCs in the bot village or An0maly will get mad at you :3 (probably)
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

Ah, the header for the Hidden Village was a nice touch. Discombobulated brought back so many good memories... and a few bad ones as well. Absolutely looking forward to the next few episodes now.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

So, this small part of the game with both Tranquil Serenity and the Discombobulated all one after another is probably my favorite area space zone? Chapter 19, at least the first huge part as a whole, is pretty enjoyable.

Too bad it doesn't last.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

Glitchy Pixels have my vote for worst enemy design in the game. Thankfully they only exist in two maps, and you aren't forced to fight them.

Giant Blargg was the last joke boss, but not all of them are Things either, and we still have a few of these "exists just to have fun exploring an idea" kind of areas. Zephyr really stuck to that "peaks and valleys" formula with the difficulty curve, all the way to the end.
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

Just to clarify the Hidden Village thing:
I like how the header text worked for both times you visit the village with different connotations. The first time you go there, "hah yeah its not so hidden anymore because I no longer have to go through Tranquil Serenity to get here" and then on the second time? "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"
I love Chapter 19.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

jaxter0987 wrote:Just to clarify the Hidden Village thing:
I like how the header text worked for both times you visit the village with different connotations. The first time you go there, "hah yeah its not so hidden anymore because I no longer have to go through Tranquil Serenity to get here" and then on the second time? "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"
I love Chapter 19.
I never noticed that at first.

And now that I do, I'm kinda even sadder. And angrier. Mostly angry. Doesn't take much for me to really, really, REALLY hate a certain malicious antagonistic bot we all know and "love".
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
maou shoujo
devil girl
Pronouns: she/her

Post by maou shoujo »

Now that raocow has been to Tranquil Serenity, does John have any new dialogue? The map description said it was made for someone who could never see it, and that is intriguing.
occasional watcher of the lets plays
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: DT3 - raocow recalls Primary Memory

Post by ano0maly »

Tranquil Serenity is a wonderful place. The drawing style reminded me of

Mary's Sketchbook place in Ib

but without the surreal suspense of it. The tranquil, serene place between Highlands and the Hidden Bot Village feels so positively heart-warming. And yet, sad.

Why is it sad?

raocow, when you completed the Hidden Program Facility in chapter 17, you skipped talking to John. That's why when you later talked to him at the end of chapter 18, it didn't make much sense to you. This is what you didn't see:

This is why I told you to talk to NPCs instead of just leaving after cutscenes.
Last edited by ano0maly 7 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat

Post by ZephyrBurst »

maou shoujo wrote:Now that raocow has been to Tranquil Serenity, does John have any new dialogue? The map description said it was made for someone who could never see it, and that is intriguing.
There is!
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

Oh man, tomorrow will be a thing. I was about to curse how raocow chose the worse spot for a cliffhanger but in retrospect, its probably the best spot. Just keep in mind that you want to reach the end of the room before the timer is up raocow, or bad things happen.