(shouting)

DT3 - raocow and the game that ended

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Cirno

Re: DT3 - raocow dies of laughter

Post by Cirno »

Even after getting all the items in the game, I still needed about 30,000 more Internetz to purchase every piece of equipment. It didn't take all that long (you can make about 1,600 a minute by grinding in the right place once you have all the money upgrade items and skills) but considering raocow's utter aversion to grinding, as well as the pointlessness of a lot of items in a casual run, I don't think that's gonna happen.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

LYRA Image

I am relieved to hear the defensive skills are for both characters, because 15 SP is a lot to spend on any one thing >~>
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

ano0maly wrote:
  • To get that bomb upgrade, you were supposed to jump, then dash. You're going to have to get good at using both of these mobility options together.
This actually seems like a time where the up/down+jump dash is going to seriously work against him. It'd be far easier to end up dashing first there even if you're trying to double jump.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

raocow had it right. Sephiroth is flipping you the bird. #WordOfGod DaysLate #Hashtag ##
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

zefire water u doin
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

I have said it many times before, but raocow will never stop forgetting about bomb jumps.

I did not expect the non-puzzle for the last cursed item would cause that much issue. And I expected the "GAME CHANGER" to be something completely different. I guess that'll be next episode. (and thus my guess for 1st death next episode will be either "I fall into a bed of spikes 3" or "bad idea")
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

If there's no obvious solution to get past a blatant wall (like the viruses in Starry Skies and the actual invisible wall in Magical Castle), chances are it's a postgame area, so like the items in town people have apparently said you can't get, don't mind them for now.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

Starry Skies won't open up for awhile. No idea about the Magical Castle, I haven't been able to enter it in my own game yet.

...Somehow in Farreaches - Hypothesis, I forgot you could jump on Mario-related enemies, so instead of jumping on the enemies I chain air-dashed with Jerry. It felt awesome but now I feel sad it can be done in a way simpler manner.

And okay then, Cursed Challenges unlocked and all. Not a major game-changer but hey you're one step closer to the item finder. Just be careful because Cursed Challenges are just a tiny bit hard. Actually pretty dang hard.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Clean-up is progressing well. 2 and a half more overworld areas plus the Cursed Gates to go.

That Castle will remain closed by Arbitrary Plot Reasons for quite a while yet, don't worry about it. And there are still whole areas of the overworld that raocow's never been to. That map is nowhere near complete.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Today on Distorted Travesty 3, raocow remembers for the 80th time that the Spazer beam is not the one and only attack at his disposal. Every day brings new and exciting discoveries. Life is truly an adventure.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: DT3 - raocow slurps up delicious watermelons

Post by ano0maly »

TaviTurnip wrote:zefire water u doin
I see what you may have done there!

Remember that Link and Samus have better anti-air capabilities than Belmont and Megaman X. Those arrows (and even fuse bombs) can be quite helpful when tossed in the air.

I want to remind you to get in the habit of swapping and scrolling through ability sets often enough. It should become second nature to have possession of all four sets, if not the attacks they entail.
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

Lostsoldier20 wrote:I did not expect the non-puzzle for the last cursed item would cause that much issue. And I expected the "GAME CHANGER" to be something completely different. I guess that'll be next episode. (and thus my guess for 1st death next episode will be either "I fall into a bed of spikes 3" or "bad idea")
Oh, I really hope he dies from a "bad idea". I thought he'd make it that far today, actually, but it seems getting cursed takes priority over

Do Not Taunt Cthulhu

ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

TaviTurnip wrote:zefire water u doin
Watching cows jump on turnip infused melons.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Now there's a sentence I doubt has ever been spoken/written before.
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

You know, it took me a bit to piece together what you meant by "bad idea". And now I can't stop chuckling.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

jaxter0987 wrote:You know, it took me a bit to piece together what you meant by "bad idea". And now I can't stop chuckling.
Right? But now I feel like he's going to run into the Barrens' Cursed Challenge first and we'll have some variation of "Cursed" or an enemy in that respective room.
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

Lostsoldier20 wrote:Right? But now I feel like he's going to run into the Barrens' Cursed Challenge first and we'll have some variation of "Cursed" or an enemy in that respective room.
I think it's more likely he'd backtrack to another area's Curse room. The one for the Barrens is on top of that tall tower the Sand Monster lived in, which if my mapping skills serve is to the right of the as-of-yet unexplored area immediately preceding the "bad idea" room.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I chuckled when he 180'd away from the Little Pony, in the exact same manner the last time this happened an a SMW contest, long ago.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

So raocow's reactions to today's Cursed Challenge is pretty much my reaction to how they worked out when I went and did them. Note I did them all in one sitting

barring one in Starry Skies since I hadn't gotten that area opened up yet,

so I got probably even saltier but I spent at least a good hour doing them all. I think this one was one of the ones I had less trouble with and possibly one of the easiest of the five you can access at this point in the game, but since they differ in placement and enemy setup, it's just something you have to learn.

Also yes the lack of any music is super weird.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Cirno

Post by Cirno »

It varies depending on how much difficulty you have with each individual enemy, since all of the challenges feature different ones. For me, today's challenge room was the second-hardest one of all, because those flying bugs are seriously jerks - I think I ended up using the holy water flame to snipe them as soon as they spawned.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Can you not switch characters on the fly in the challenge gates?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Sebby19 wrote:Can you not switch characters on the fly in the challenge gates?
You can't because only the character with all three cursed items can play.

As for me this was one of the easiest challenge gates, but hopefully this won't be the case for poor raoman!
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

The Challenge Gates... it really depends on the enemies that in them. Some people find different combinations of enemies harder than others. A Challenge Gate that one person finds hair-pullingly frustrating may be a cakewalk for another person.

My advice is remember the enemies' weaknesses, and dispose of them as quickly as possible. Give them no chance to attack if possible.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

Yeah... Moment I realized he'd probably seek out the Barrens Challenge Room (Where are they called gates? Or did raocow pick that up on his own? Cuz calling them gates bothers me for all the weirdest reasons when I've always just called them rooms) I knew he wouldn't see what I am hyped for.

Anyway, yeah. Cursed rooms! 3x damage taken is quite fun on a casual run. I find the desert room to be one of the harder ones, just because of there being so many dangerous enemies at once. Shield guys are slow to kill, and everything just floods in. Plus the rock dropping monster guys are just mean. However, I think raocow's issue here is not switching between ability sets for like, all but the winning run.

Also, I hope he'll finish desert exploration.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Yeah challenge rooms can be quite a thing.

For anyone interested but raocow (due to spoilers!) here's my take on the 7 challenge rooms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF8vCib ... UV31amAhFm

I think I did pretty well overall. In the end it's just about kowing which enemies are going to spawn where. Some challenges require a bit of luck.
The two challenges with Elite enemies can be harsh if the enemies decide to use mean attack combinations!
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!