(shouting)

VIP 2 Revival; TRENTE-QUATRE: FINAL; the segment with infinity

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: VIP 2 Revival; TRENTE-DEUX: the segment with more painful castles

Post by Ryrir »

LHB wrote:Did you try to get the Dragon Coins in Eternal VIP, because the level is easy if you ignore them, but trying to do it in one run is pretty hard, but definitely not as hard as some of the levels you have played already.
I think raocow is past the stage of caring about dragon coins honestly
this is getting laundromatic
LHB

Post by LHB »

Ryrir wrote:
LHB wrote:Did you try to get the Dragon Coins in Eternal VIP, because the level is easy if you ignore them, but trying to do it in one run is pretty hard, but definitely not as hard as some of the levels you have played already.
I think raocow is past the stage of caring about dragon coins honestly
Well, the Dragon Coins actually do something in that stage, so that might have been an incentive to collect them.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

...Well I'm not quite sure what to think of that one level other than "holy hell". Having to do that entire boring autoscrolling layer 2 elevator part, with the risk of double sprite glitch and everything, is uh... not fun looking. Especially with on-again off-again slowdown. And all that to lead to... all that at the end. I'm really glad raocow did the boss in one shot because that would have been crushing after the last run, which the way I saw it was basically a combination of luck and skill that would probably take awhile to turn the same way twice.

I know the game's almost over but at the same time I feel like the game's nowhere near over from a difficulty standpoint.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, raocow forgets about running over one-tile gaps.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Arctangent wrote:Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, raocow forgets about running over one-tile gaps.
Yeah but when's that ever gonna come up??

Also breaking bridges seem to be this game's equivalent of invisible coin blocks
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Arctangent wrote:running over one-tile gaps.
The [!] block is a custom block without corners so that doesn't always work.

To get the feather at the beginning, you just hold B and run forward (another item of basic SMW knowledge raocow should know), and the level is maybe easier if you don't get the midpoint so you can keep getting this feather. The level should make sense if you watch the whole of the intro movie (raocow's fish bouncing solution is a bit hairy).
dont wanna jihad no more
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

not-so-random rooms: That was kinda easy for it's place in the game, isn't it?

the postgame: Just run over the one-tile gap!
e: oh ok that's not possible?
Fapnoob

Re: VIP 2 Revival; TRENTE-TROIS: the segment with the rude bridges

Post by Fapnoob »

Damn i thought the postgame was more. Oh well.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

So. This whole thing is going to be finished soon. I'll then pass the torch to another, and then see a new experience from raocow....
That last castle was actually good. The only real problems with it are that invisible 1-up block (which the original Mario did at the final caste)
and Bowser look-alike. I dunno, normal Bowser is a bit anticlimactic when you have powers to deal with him.

...Not too many levels stand out to me as well-made here. Oh, well. They can't all be home runs.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I noticed that the midpoint in the space level thing was on top of a green switch, but it doesn't necessarily require you to have the green switch to grab it since you could just jump to it from the platform, but if you did that, every death would spawn you onto the switch blocks which you don't have, causing you to fall to your death every time you enter the level
That's some good design!
lolyoshi
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Post by lolyoshi »

I wanted to know what that gay joke was! Is it truly necessary to censor something of the past? Even if it may (somehow) be unpleasant?
Unless it was untranslatable.
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

lolyoshi wrote:I wanted to know what that gay joke was! Is it truly necessary to censor something of the past? Even if it may (somehow) be unpleasant?
Unless it was untranslatable.
The joke was translated, though. If I understood it correctly, it went something like this: "You better have all the switches on, but if you're gay enough (read: good enough at Charlie hopping) you can do it without them."
I wouldn't call this a homophobic joke. It's not that funny, and it's about homosexuality, but not every joke about homosexuality is homophobic by default.
You're awesome.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

new thing that gets claimed by nintendo: smw credits and enemy showcase sequence - even when the sprites are replaced, apparently
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

raocow wrote:new thing that gets claimed by nintendo: smw credits and enemy showcase sequence - even when the sprites are replaced, apparently
Damn copyright bots, claiming scenes that are 50% unchanged.
lolyoshi

Post by lolyoshi »

Piter Lauchy wrote: The joke was translated, though. If I understood it correctly, it went something like this: "You better have all the switches on, but if you're gay enough (read: good enough at Charlie hopping) you can do it without them."
I wouldn't call this a homophobic joke. It's not that funny, and it's about homosexuality, but not every joke about homosexuality is homophobic by default.
Ah I see. It seemed very messy in the message box (I guess the best you could do with the english language).
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Those crumbling bridges, man. As far as I can tell, there's absolutely no difference between bridge segments that break and ones that don't, so it seems like pure trial and error. Fake difficulty at its worst.

Also, I was going to comment on why raocow didn't just run across that one-block-wide gap, but a half-dozen comments on YouTube said it was due to the glitchy nature of those custom blocks. So. Good design or something like that. This whole hack feels so incredibly "high school", both in terms of "humor" (lol cats with giant peniseseses lololololol funneh) and in terms of hacking competence. Honestly, I'm glad it's almost over. Seems like the Vip series didn't really start to get any good until the third game.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

Well... the castle happened. The whole "previous castle" callback was sorta nice I guess but overall given the whole "eh" feeling that 99% of World 8 has been giving ever since we hit up ye ol' King Koopa's Keep of Kaizo-like Katastrophe (K5 for short), it still blends in with the rest of everything. Oh well. At least we have gone beyond the boundaries of time and space (and annoyance, especially with those really silly fake bridges) to reach the heavens and to hopefully end this whole game for reals.

I'm really glad this is almost over. I feel like we need to purge this hack in holy fire after it's done because... wow. I think that one sentence sums it up?
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
lolyoshi

Post by lolyoshi »

This is all just a warmup for JUMP.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Look at all the 2ch memes the boss is made of!

But yeah, that boss from what I remember is random with what it throws, even with some savestates used. Also, is it me, or is the reverse control scheme is just layered upon the normal control scheme due to all the wiggling with the movement?
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Congratulations on doing the final final stage savestateless.

As I said, it's the easiest final final stage. It has five rooms, from which three are problematic (flying room, SMB3 8-2, and boss room)

Anyway, next time, the JUMP will be the fun thing (where raocow will have problems with tutorial level constantly dying due to finicky green springs). This game is actually going to hurt.
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ryrir »

I think I stand by my comment that I made at the beginning of the game: VIP2 was worse than VIP1, but starting with VIP3 the quality of the series really picks up so I'm looking forward to when that LP happens... in like five years! (:

I'm kind of surprised that Horikawa didn't mention her work in the credits, maybe something broke there?

But yeah, as lolyoshi kind of hinted at: JUMP is actually harder than VIP2 ever was (it's a talkhaus game after all), but in a really different - and arguably more fun - way. Some people have already called it the best SMW romhack they ever played, and honestly it's in my personal top 3 as well.
I predict that raocow will have a blast with it and that it will be super fun to watch!

There are no homing bullet bills in JUMP, so that pretty much means it has to be good right?
this is getting laundromatic
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Re: VIP 2 Revival; TRENTE-QUATRE: FINAL; the segment with infinity

Post by Xirix »

Huh, for some reason I thought all the Vips had some kind of substanticial postgame, I think talkhaus ideology has corrupted me since I the last Vip LP. :lol: That or the starroad is just misleading.
LHB

Post by LHB »

VIP 2 was better than I remember it. Yeah, some levels were still bad, but for the most part the bad levels didn't overstay their welcome. It's a shame that the endgame is extremely weak imo. VIP 3 is a HUGE step up from VIP 2, so that should be pretty hype when it comes.

Also yeah, JUMP hits endgame VIP difficulty in World 3.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Xirix wrote:Huh, for some reason I thought all the Vips had some kind of substanticial postgame, I think talkhaus ideology has corrupted me since I the last Vip LP. :lol: That or the starroad is just misleading.
The postgame only started to be an actual thing from VIP3 on. In VIP1, the extent of postgame was essentially just Missingno.. In VIP2, you can easily see the postgame was two stages.

Anyway, VIP3 is a noticeable improvement over VIP1 and VIP2 (and VIP4 and VIP5 continue that), so looking forward to that too. I always felt myself that VIP2 is weakest point of the series.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Wait, is that your ending phrase, raocow? I'm getting vague memories of a more distinct one.. but.. dunno
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist