(shouting)

VIP 2 Revival; TRENTE-QUATRE: FINAL; the segment with infinity

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Re: VIP 2 Revival; VINGT-SEPT: the segement with the killer sky

Post by Mata Hari »

Lmao @ raocow questioning the morality of Blue Yoshi
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

That ice midpoint's pipe + silver P.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

Today on VIP2: long nonsense garbage starring long nonsense garbage. I guess the first half wasn't too bad but in the history of athletic-style line guide levels this was pretty messy for an athletic-style line guide level (even if the line guide part was in the latter half, but tbh that could just be its own level due to its length and difficulty while the first half could have just been a little longer and it could also be its own level). I find it funny also the level just hands you a blue Yoshi as if saying "yeah I maybe made this a little too ridiculous, here's a buy-out", but that's just the icing on the garbage cake.

Glad to see World 8 is like the rest of this hack: Half bearable, half full of "what were the VIPPERs thinking making this level". I fear for what'll happen at the Star Road.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Validon98 wrote:Glad to see World 8 is like the rest of this hack: Half bearable, half full of "what were the VIPPERs thinking making this level". I fear for what'll happen at the Star Road.
I wouldn't worry about Star Road.

It's two stages long, one is relatively easy, and the other one is the easiest final final level in VIPs despite lack of Midway Point. Isn't that nice?

Bowser's Castle on the other hand...
Sugar

Re: VIP 2 Revival; VINGT-HUIT: the scandalous segment???

Post by Sugar »

I do wonder, how is raocow going to plan this part of a game. Castle Entrance has a bit of Ghost Coaster syndrome (way way way too easy for the point of a game it is in). Bowser Castle Outer Wall on the other hand is more fitting with its difficulty for World 8, but I doubt it would take more than 6 minutes, considering just one exit.

On the other hand, all Bowser's Castle levels, perhaps with exception for Bowser's Castle 4 are pretty much Kaizo levels, especially Anikiti Power Hour which are likely to take an entire episode.

I sorta suspect the episode order is going to be like this.

29 - Bowser Castle Outer Wall, Castle Entrance, Bowser's Castle 1, and 30 minutes video perhaps?
30 - Bowser's Castle 2
31 - Anikiti Power Hour
32 - Bowser's Castle 4, Eternal VIP (Oyster's translation: Eternity's VIP... who is Eternity?)
33 - Interdimensional Rift
34 - Boss of Interdimensional Rift, perhaps?
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong

Post by Validon98 »

Today just sorta happened it seems. Like there were levels but they just... happened. I guess this was part of the "half bearable" levels, but I imagine the "half "what were the VIPPERS thinking when making this level"" part's coming real soon. Especially based on the above comment.

Also yay for baseball players and... sexual preferences I guess? I dunno what the level had to do with the level name other than "oh hey we're going to put a reference to a really dumb thing we think is funny, it'll be totally awesome and hilarious and everyone will love it". That high schooler humor, huh?

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Oh man, I think I've actually heard about that Tadano thing. Wasn't it not just a gay sex movie, but a hyper-violent gay sex movie?
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Ah, yes. It's not a true Mario romhack without the obligatory gay sextape scandal level.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

era64 wrote:32 - Bowser's Castle 4, Eternal VIP (Oyster's translation: Eternity's VIP... who is Eternity?)
This is Eternity.
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Where were the homophobic jokes? I mean, sure, referencing that thing is weird and out of place, but I saw neither homophobia nor jokes.
You're awesome.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

There will be a "homophobic" "joke" in the penultimate "level" of this "hack".

I don't see what's so weird about the level name. It just seems to be referring to the grinders' "chatter" by alluding to the fuss surrounding a topical scandal, no?
dont wanna jihad no more
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

morsel/morceau wrote:There will be a "homophobic" "joke" in the penultimate "level" of this "hack".

I don't see what's so weird about the level name. It just seems to be referring to the grinders' "chatter" by alluding to the fuss surrounding a topical scandal, no?
Well, it does refer to gay sex of a baseball player, and there are chucks that show phallic imagery...

2ch's users are 12: That was kinda confusing and tedious, but it's an improvement from the last level.
bowser's optional place: alright
Ozzy Ment
Resident biologist
First name: A secret to everyone
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: VIP 2 Revival; VINGT-CINQ: POISON CLOUD

Post by Ozzy Ment »

morsel/morceau wrote:I guess elevator should be lift (do even North Americans go on a ski elevator?).
No, we call it a ski lift.

raocow was phasing through saws today because Yoshi is immune to line-guided enemies.
This fits me far too well:
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

I somehow forgot there are homing Bullet Bills in that stage...

Somehow...

No wonder I remember this level to be easier than it was.

Castle Entrance is still comparable to Ghost-Coaster however.

Next time, one level, one episode, with exception for Bowser's Castle 4 perhaps?
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Re: VIP 2 Revival; VINGT-NEUF: the segment with fate temptation (it works)

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

Oh man. raocow tempts fate with that first level...
Still though... with how the other VIP retread went, we all expected this to be brutal by the end, and it seems that most levels were actually kind of reasonable. It's strange how that works out.....
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I would suggest going back to the level if you feel bad about it as there's a secret path bypassing the bullet hell section.
Go back and use the p switch beyond the pipe and there will be revealed a hidden pipe.
Actually, the level is similar to a VIP 4 level which also has a bullet hell section that you can skip by similar means.
dont wanna jihad no more
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong

Post by Validon98 »

Those graphics remind me of the pre-midpoint section of Hyper V more than anything. I say "pre-midpoint" because it's not so much a "first half" as it's a "first section", given the Bowser's Castle door shenanigans in that game.

Still... agh, what the actual bullet hell was this nonsense? There's levels that spam enemies, and then there's... this. I think in the history of all Mario-related things I've ever seen this is pretty much the spammiest level that just... okay it continues on and on for no reason, has a midpoint before a section that should have been its own level... and yet somehow in all this I'm not surprised. Truly I'm not. It's amazing.

I guess the castle entrance happened but it was dolphin jumping so yay?

Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

Piter Lauchy wrote:Where were the homophobic jokes? I mean, sure, referencing that thing is weird and out of place, but I saw neither homophobia nor jokes.
It's probably safe to assume that if you're mocking a guy for being in a gay sex thing, there's homophobia about.

Especially when you consider that Japan is pretty dang homophobic in general. If you see homosexuality in Japanese media and it doesn't seem like the thing's satirizing Japan or flat-out making a statement, then it's probably either a joke, fanservice, or both.
went
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by went »

Man. It's just my luck that the day I'm feeling depressed and was looking forward to some cheering up before leaving for work, I have to find some Angrycow coupled with Dejectedcow because the game decided to be an ass and cheat you out of a 100% legit win by removing the goaltape because it's Vip and therefore hates mankind.
"Touhou is wrong" - Horikawa Otane
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

All the worst things about VIP in one inconvenient package.
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

boon is genghis khan: dude. why.
vipper's moat: That's barely a level. Are those dolphins farting?
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

The Charlie landing on Boon in the ramparts at the end was a heartbreaking death, but the one where the goalpost didn't spawn and then the bullet phased through the shell was the worst I can remember in a long time. I don't think anyone can begrudge using checkpoints after that since it was legitimately beaten and just glitched out. Also, I'm thoroughly confused about that midpoint.

Apparently circular saws can spin at around 100 mph, which is in fact around the top end speed for thrown baseballs.
LHB

Post by LHB »

Wow, I didn't even know the goal despawning was a thing haha. That level could've been really good, since the first half was good and the bullet section was good, but the section after the bullet section goes on for too long and kind of ruins the level.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

well I redid it without savestates using that hint up above, so technically this run is still tooless!!!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

too bad this emulator doesn't have a rewind feature.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000