(shouting)

Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep79c FINAL - Won 1F8

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep79a - 1F8 111111000

Post by Sugar »

While that track was used before (Disco Dance Party), that was long time ago, and I suppose it could have been forgotten, so...

1F8 - Alcahest - Castle

This is the final stretch. Good luck.
anonymousbl00dlust

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep78 - Shell Shock [Shell Sticker]

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

Wow, I really like how calm and analytical you are with your LP playstyle! You just quietly observe and adapt each time until you get it right.

Also, those death montages were absolutely nuts! Its too bad you experienced this level so early after getting into smw hacks, because you would totally be the kind of person who could blast through this level with ease. Regardless, its really fun to watch you persevere through it :)
lolyoshi wrote:
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:
you can't even fucking stand on it
:P
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep78 - Shell Shock [Shell Sticker]

Post by QubicTom »

Grounder wrote:these last handful of rooms are gonna be tough though
Huge understatement :lol:
GlitchMr wrote:Alcahest - Castle
Probably my favourite track in the game, one of the few music pieces I could link to by memory!
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:Wow, I really like how calm and analytical you are with your LP playstyle! You just quietly observe and adapt each time until you get it right.

Also, those death montages were absolutely nuts! It's too bad you experienced this level so early after getting into smw hacks, because you would totally be the kind of person who could blast through this level with ease. Regardless, it's really fun to watch you persevere through it :)
Hey dude, thanks for watching! You should continue your own JUMP LP, it was fantastic. The way you breeze through levels is in stark contrast to my own experiences! I don't have any skill (yet), but I do have a ton of patience, so analysing and learning levels is how I've gotten this far. Maybe one day I'll match you or raocow in skill, but it won't be any time soon!

The following video focuses entirely on the Yoshi room. I had a lot of trouble reacting fast enough at each obstacle. And my instinct is too underdeveloped to make Mario do something without thought. But in the end, I found a solution!
Ep79b - Onerous 1F8
Sugar

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep79b - Onerous 1F8

Post by Sugar »

And I think the LP is near its end, with one episode left to do (where you finish 1F8 and play its video in the Richest Warehouse). Wow. Voting for ASMT (on ZSNES) next.

Also, back when you played Disco Dance Party, I described its theme as this. Definitely intentional :).
GlitchMr wrote:Yeah, that's a pretty good level theme for a really hard sprite bouncing level which doesn't allow power ups when entering and is placed on Star Road map, I guess?
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Post by QubicTom »

GlitchMr wrote:And I think the LP is near its end, with one episode left to do (where you finish 1F8 and play its video in the Richest Warehouse). Wow. Voting for ASMT (on ZSNES) next. Also, back when you played Disco Dance Party, I described its theme as this. Definitely intentional :).
I didn't catch that reference at all! Right up until Bowser's Castle I thought 1F8 and Shell Sticker were in World 7.

Proof, in video form, that a novice can beat JUMP (without savestate abuse)! Thank you so much, everybody, for watching and for taking part with your comments in this thread here and over on YouTube!
Ep79c FINAL - Won 1F8

There are a few options for what to do next. I'll obviously play JUMP-1/2 as soon as that comes out. I have had a few requests for ASMT, but it might be a bit confusing playing that along with A2MT (some viewers have never seen Demo and company before!). I think I will eventually play ASMT though.

Instead, I was thinking of doing some JUMP bonus content. In particular, some of the JUMP Beta levels. For example, the original submission of Manky Bridge was apparently quite different (and somewhat more difficult) than the final version as seen in the game. What do you think? Should I revisit some of the levels in hard mode? I'm open to suggestions!
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote:There are a few options for what to do next. I'll obviously play JUMP-1/2 as soon as that comes out. I have had a few requests for ASMT, but it might be a bit confusing playing that along with A2MT (some viewers have never seen Demo and company before!). I think I will eventually play ASMT though.
Honestly, I still wanna see ASMT side by side with A2MT. Nothing wrong with explaining that ASMT comes before A2MT there's really not much confusion to be had :lol: :P Also, Congrats on beating JUMP Tom! :D
Last edited by Tobi555 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep79c FINAL - Won 1F8

Post by Ryrir »

ok i vote for completing 1f8 without dying once please thanks

Honestly though, I really liked this LP. Thanks for playing dude!
this is getting laundromatic
nathanisbored

Post by nathanisbored »

Definitely one of my favorite LPs ever (i guess i dont watch a lot of LPs, but still, I really enjoyed it :D)
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

play real life regret
play the true dimension of jank

play the vips
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

It's been over a year, but you have done what raocow dared not even consider, and with much less experience to boot!

𝕐𝕆𝕌 𝔸ℝ𝔼 𝔸 𝕊𝕌ℙ𝔼ℝ ℙ𝕃𝔸𝕐𝔼ℝ!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

"You should find a relatively easy romhack to play, something kinda aid back after JUMP and A2MT"

Voting for Super Mario World Remix. Wait, that's not easy at all. Who cares, it's still easier than JUMP endgame and much shorter. And I vote for ASMT after Super Mario World Remix.

If you want something easy, some VLDC may be quite good (whichever one, 7, 8 or 9, it doesn't exactly matter), but I'm not voting for that one.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

no wait play SMWC Production! It's been so long since I've seen footage of that game.

I mean, you learn how to play hard levels.
But I think you still need to train your ENDURANCE
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ryrir »

super challenge world is where it's at
it's like the terrible early vip levels but all made by one single dude for some reason

alternatively you could play vip1 but as an extra challenge you get all the dragon coins and all the moons :)))

the possibilities are endless
this is getting laundromatic
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I can't believe it's finally over :cry: You did a tremendous job all along the line, even beating out some of those famous players who also finished the hack but resorted to savestates.

I wish I was less lazy and disorganized so I could better advise you on Beta content. Of my own levels, I can recall: Manky Bridge was once a completely different level; The Green Switch and Perilous Pier had different second halves; the balloon room in Shattered Dreams and the boiler room in Bowser's Castle were also remade entirely from old versions. I cannot pass you the base roms these levels and part-levels exist in.

As to other rom hacks, my (selfish) preference would be to see a hack I like but for which no 'good' lp exists. (E.g., Super Challenge World would be great to see, except that Isocitration has played it on youtube.) I would suggest the Japenese collab ASPE world (similar to VIP), or a hack from the Japanese solo series SIG World (the most Nintendo-esque hacks there are -- and this does not mean koopas and goombas on ledges).
dont wanna jihad no more
cozyduck

Post by cozyduck »

raocow wrote: But I think you still need to train your ENDURANCE
In that case Super Mario Infinity is the game to play!

don't

Anyways, congrats!
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Hyper VI
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Man, it's been great to see you finish this after a year! Gotta love the power of tenacity and not getting frustrated at dying.

Voting for Second Reality Project Reloaded as far as Mario hacks go. It's the first hack I ever played, so I'm curious if it still holds up to my nostalgia.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Hyper V would be fun to watch. Hyper VI as well. Would for sure increase your skill. Hell, maybe some S.Mario. :)
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

cozyduck wrote:
raocow wrote: But I think you still need to train your ENDURANCE
In that case Super Mario Infinity is the game to play!

don't

Anyways, congrats!
Nothing says endurance like Cool or Cruel.

I'm not crazy.
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

Hope you don't mind the small bump, but I just wanted to congratulate you on a job very well done! Looking forward to whatever you play next!!!!
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.