(shouting)

Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep79c FINAL - Won 1F8

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Episode 24 - Featuring progress (I know, crazy, right?!)

Post by QubicTom »

nathanisbored wrote:I secretly vote for Spike Toss
Please keep secretly voting for Spike Toss, haha!
era64 wrote:I'm voting to begin the Star World with Baseball Mountain, which is a much simpler introduction to Star Road than Disco Dance Party.
Ryrir wrote:Baseball Mountain go!
Who needs "progress" when you can have one level videos! Right guys?
lolyoshi wrote:[Picture of baseball][Picture of Mountain]
This is my vote.
aterraformer wrote:Exactly. Fuck Mountain.
Y'all clearly have my best interest at heart! Baseball mountain it is!
Ep25 - Baseball Battering
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Episode 25 - Featuring many more baseballs to the face!

Post by Ryrir »

disco dance party sounds like a fun level let's vote for that
this is getting laundromatic
LHB

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Episode 25 - Featuring many more baseballs to the face!

Post by LHB »

I think for the later worlds you might have to choose between your job and this game. :lol: I'm in world 6 right now, and the past few stages have really stressed me out lol. It's already hard enough for me to play right after school, I couldn't imagine doing it so late at night after a long day at work. :lol:
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

and if I could I would vote ten thousand times against Disco Dance Party, which I am sure will win in a landslide victory today
Vote for this level is not going to happen, at least from me, you aren't ready for Disco Dance Party... at least at this point. I would rather vote for Chains of Atrophy than disco if I insisted on Star Road.

Anyway, voting for Spike Toss because it's easier than Crumbling Your Problems Away. Let's balance easy/harder levels as long there are levels to balance.

As a note, I will add I discovered the secret of first castle on my first attempt, and I actually did the first level before second world, and it was hard, but it wasn't as hard as other Star Road levels, just saying :).
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

i keep accidentally opening this topic instead of raocow's one and getting spoiled :(
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Nekoishi wrote:i keep accidentally opening this topic instead of raocow's one and getting spoiled :(
Sorry! :( But don't worry, raocow isn't actually that far behind me. In fact, he's so much better than me at the game, I expect he'll be ahead of me by next week!
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Episode 26a - No progress on an easy level :(

Post by QubicTom »

Ugh. Don't watch this one. I don't even make it to the midpoint. The level is fine, the problem is that my mood was pretty low at the time of recording, and I was distracted by stressful stuff happening in real life (I normally deal with stress pretty well, as you've seen in some of my videos!, but someone in my second job has been pushing that over the line. I reckon I can solve the problem tomorrow, but it's still going to keep me awake tonight).

So yeah, I learned that if you can't focus on a level, even relatively easy ones become impossible! I do apologise, and if I can solve my issue tomorrow, I think the next video will be a full return to good form :)
Ep26a - Spinjump Stress

To make up for it, I'm putting up some videos of New York I took a few years ago (a physics conference in Princeton gave me the chance to visit the city. I hope one day to be able to afford to go back and explore what I missed). They're on the channel if you want to see them, and other videos I've taken over the years from around Ireland and other places - I won't post links to them here as they are not Let's Play related.
markyjoe1990

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Episode 26a - No progress on an easy level :(

Post by markyjoe1990 »

The level doesn't have a midpoint. It's just really short, at least IMO. Enough people spoke up that I decided that the next update will have a mid point though, so it should be a lot easier for you when that comes around. =X
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

No progress on an easy level :(
Whoever called hardest non-Morsel's level in World 4 to be easy is a troll. (just kidding, not really)

Voting for Crumbling Your Problems Away anyway, you are close to the finish. And then Spike Toss, because I care about you player.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Episode 26b - Still can't beat the level D:

Post by QubicTom »

No progress, unfortunately. I tried for two hours, but kept messing up at what I hope is the end!
Ep26b - Spinning Sadism

Bonus episode: I decided to upload the two hour long unedited version of the video too. I thought the improvement in play quality was steady from the start of the play session until the end (I got more and more confident at more and more parts, but still messed up at the end everytime). But I warn you, there isn't too much commentary in the middle of the video, except the occasional "Oh really?!" and "Of course!!"
Ep26b - Spinning Sadism [Unedited Edition]
nathanisbored

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Episode 26b - Still can't beat the level D:

Post by nathanisbored »

If you can get a mushroom to that 2nd spiny section, you can probably tank through it. It is right at the end. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth another grind to get to that spot a couple more times only to die again.

Apparently several absurdly hard levels got nerfed in the new patch. I played that before the patch (I think it's out on the thread but not officially), but raocow will likely play it with the patch. I guess it's hard to say whether you should or not. Anyway, I think you can get through the level in your next session relatively quickly if you give it one more grind, so I guess I'll vote to finish it up (and then Spike Toss of course!)

Good luck, sorry for all the torture!
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

nathanisbored wrote:If you can get a mushroom to that 2nd spiny section, you can probably tank through it. It is right at the end. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth another grind to get to that spot a couple more times only to die again.

Apparently several absurdly hard levels got nerfed in the new patch. I played that before the patch (I think it's out on the thread but not officially), but raocow will likely play it with the patch. I guess it's hard to say whether you should or not. Anyway, I think you can get through the level in your next session relatively quickly if you give it one more grind, so I guess I'll vote to finish it up (and then Spike Toss of course!)

Good luck, sorry for all the torture!
Late night update! I did it!!! I don't need no damned nerf patch :lol:
Ep26c - Spinning Salvation

Sugar

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Episode 26c - I beat the level :D :D :D

Post by Sugar »

Is this how the rest of the game is going to be, due to my super low skill level? Or was this a genuinely hard level that I simply wasn't warned about?
As I said, it's hardest level not made by Morsel of World 4 (please, nobody bring up Chuck Magnet, I can tell many things about it, but not that it's hard). I do think that you weren't warned, because Morsel levels are more of a thing (and Chuck Magnet, although that one is not for its difficulty).

Voting for Spike Toss to let you know player guy friend.

Also, I believe many people outright gave up with the game on Perilous Pier, so be warned that it's likely to take 4 parts or more.
Last edited by Sugar 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Episode 26c - I beat the level :D :D :D

Post by Ryrir »

okay now should I vote for disco dance party or perilous pier... hmm...

Kidding, kidding! Although you probably should play Perilous Pier at some point in near future since it links all the paths together and stuff.

Maybe after playing a few "easier" levels you'll feel motivated enough?

Voting for "Swim with the Stars".
this is getting laundromatic
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I dunno, I actually beat the pier and not spin jump land on my file so not sure what that says about me. Curious how different the second half of the pier used to be.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
lolyoshi
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Post by lolyoshi »

I'ma toss you some spikes boy.

This is a vote.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - VOTE - To patch or not to patch?

Post by QubicTom »

VIEWERS! Do I patch to version 1.02? I've put the changelog below for your convenience (which I haven't read - all I did was search it for "Rapture" to see if raocow will play the same version as I did!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- version 1.02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level Changes

- "Roy's Terrible Sadistic Castle"
Redesigned the layer 2 room.
- "Aquiferic Pressure"
Added a text explaining that yoshi cannot pass the scrolling pipe.
Redesigned the first half.
- "Coin Guides Are Always Accurate!"
Redesigned the path of the normal exit completely.

Difficulty Changes

- "Euphoric Mushroom Backyard"
Made the timer reset in the midpoint room.
- "PEEK-A-BOO!!"
Nerfed the boss battle.
- "Fortress of Koumei's Trap"
Eliminated the required backtracking with the blue yoshi.
- "Crumbling Your Problems Away"
Added a midpoint.
- "Horse Eating Disorder"
Increased the initial timer.
- "Bridge Engineering"
Nerfed the fuzzball spam and the part of jumping on the chuck over the lava.
- "Fortress of the Giant Monsters"
Made the timer reset in the boss room.
- "Wigglertuff"
Added a yoshi at the beginning.
- "Keep a Positive Altitude"
Added two extra midpoints.
- "Shell Shrine"
Hid the status bar in the first room.
Added a powerup(yellow switch block) in the second half.
- "Chains of Atrophy"
Made the retry prompt respawn players at the beginning of each room in the
2nd half (will be activated only when you grab the midway bar).
- "Disarray"
Nerfed some of tougher obstacles; the note block section at the beginning
and the red yoshi section.
- "Super Grand Ultra Marathon of Finalness"
Removed the challenge of getting all dragon coins in a single shot.
Nerfed minor stuffs all along the level.
- "Miscellaneous Monument"
Added objects that will allow you to skip some puzzles once you beat them.
Added a message box giving a hint about blue koopas.

Bug Fixes

- Fixed the music glitch of the retry prompt in "1F8" that occurred when you
have only one life.
- Fixed a section where you can be stuck until time is up in "Spring Green
Spelunking". Thanks to QubicTom and morsel/morceau for finding this glitch.
- Fixed an odd yoshi glitch happening after beating a boss in level 18.
- Replaced map16 yellow switch blocks with correct objects in "Disco Dance
Party". Thanks to Isocitration for reporting this.
- Fixed minor cutoffs in "Suspicious Warehouse" and the pipe room of "Bowser's
Castle".
- Added the second author of "Suspicious Warehouse" in the dialogue.

A part of what I think makes this LP worth watching is seeing a newbie struggle. And for those who've played already, I think they'd prefer to be able to compare their performance directly to mine, which puts me off applying the patch. And you all know I'm willing to grind at a level for hours until I beat it. So let me know your thoughts! Vote now!

(PS Back from work, new episode being recorded later tonight!)
anonymousbl00dlust

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - VOTE - To patch or not to patch?

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

I haven't seen most of your vids because I am behind you in the game, but I think you shouldn't update.
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

QubicTom wrote:This also brings up the question: to patch or not to patch?
I say myself, go for it. If raocow did, then this would help comparing runs, and it's not that there are many levels left to compare that were changed. The no midpoint level (and Aquiferic Pressure) you brought up is the only change between 1.01 and 1.02 in difference between your run and raocow's run.

The difficulty changes aren't all that huge, it's mostly about removing annoyance by adding midway points for the levels that I know are puzzle levels, and there are some quite meaningless changes (stuff like resetting timer in certain levels at midpoint is somewhat meaningless).

(although, ugh, I don't really like changes in stupid horse level (

Horse Eating Disorder

) and fun times at sky city level (

Keep a Positive Altitude

))
Last edited by Sugar 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Update and we can continue the direct comparison. You can set your mind at rest: I stubbornly refused to countenance updating my levels so you can look forward to the requisite dose of misery from me in any case :D .
dont wanna jihad no more
LHB

Post by LHB »

I don't think you should update. I think playing the authors stages as originally intended is the most authentic experience.
Isocitration

Post by Isocitration »

If you don't update you'll have to play through my levels un-neutered. From what I have heard that is not the most pleasant thing to have to do.

That said, I almost want to tell you not to update, just to see how you handle it. You can always update later on anyway if things get a bit too extreme.
raocow wrote:you are dommed iso.
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

There shouldn't have even been an update. It is called JANKED UP mario party for a reason.
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Jolpengammler »

anonymousbl00dlust wrote:There shouldn't have even been an update. It is called JANKED UP mario party for a reason.
this
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

UPDATE
UPDATE
UPDATE
UPDATE
UPDATE
UPDATE
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.