(shouting)

¡Guacamelee! - FINAL - Acmé

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Re: ¡Guacamelee! - Cíclope

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

It is now imperative that Demo suplexing a skeleton be worked into A2XT Episode 2 somehow.
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

I feel like raocow is extra stubborn about doing things his way in this game, which actually takes away some enjoyment for me.
You're awesome.
Ozzy Ment
Resident biologist
First name: A secret to everyone
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: ¡Guacamelee! - Desafortunado

Post by Ozzy Ment »

Sebby19 wrote: I'm guessing the blue power for Juan is a shoulder charge, right?
No, he uses his fist.

I always like it when rao plays a game I can follow along with. It's interesting comparing our play styles (and disheartening to see how much I suck in comparison). That being said, this one hasn't been too bad. I didn't have that much trouble in Pico de Gallo.
This fits me far too well:
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Well. I got to El Infierno in hard mode and opened the doors and I have 75%. (Pollo Bomb doesn't seem to count for percentage, if anybody's wondering.)

But I very distinctly remember having 100% for the area without all the gold medals in normal mode, so... either I stumbled onto some kind of glitch to get 100% (maybe getting gold medals from the first 12 rooms before getting any rewards?), or it's required for percentage in hard mode and not in normal. Or there's something else.

In any case, I've got golds in the first 12 rooms now. Combo rooms probably had the most attempts, but that's because I try to use chicken form and the El Portero Costume to rack up hits before the fight really starts. And I'm far from perfect at my chicken-fighting.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

God, I'm so in love with that Demo skin, especially when she donks into a wall after doing the goat run. Brilliant work!
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Dragon Fogel wrote:That one doesn't get included in the count anyways.
...Yes it does?
Juanbro
Old school gamer...at least in theory

Post by Juanbro »

Well, getting the last three gold medals was easy enough.

That Demo skin, hahaha, it is amazing. I can't imagine the amount of work put into it to have a working skin that doesn't look bad.

As for the explorathon, I would suggest sticking to one place at a time. Try to get everything in one area, and then, when your map says "100%" or you can't seem to find something after so much searching, go to the next one. After "Canal de las Flores", I would suggest returning to the very beginning of the game, and continue from there. Oh, and the chicken thief...the name is pretty literal...it is actually a chicken who steals...that will be my tip for that sidequest.

As for the references...

Wait, I think there aren't new references in yesterday's video, as everything was "revisiting the past"...aww...
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

ah jeez, i'm sorry; i didn't realize my suggestion would be too much of a hint!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I really like the new costume, and kind of hope it's used for the rest of the game.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

dr_kraid wrote:
Dragon Fogel wrote:That one doesn't get included in the count anyways.
...Yes it does?
No, it doesn't. The map screen says "out of six", and there are six aside from that one.

The confusing part is when the map says 6/6 and there's still a piece of the mask clearly missing.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

No, you're right, I got misled by badly formatted websites. Again.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

raocow, you've got to remember that you can zoom in on the map; if you don't zoom in, you're never going to see the chicken passages. Plus don't forget that save points are marked on the map and that entering some areas automatically autosave.

On another note, I honestly didn't expect to find the chicken thief where I eventually found him/her. It's not exactly as if the chicken thief's hideout is hidden very well.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Didn't row already run into the chicken thief a couple times?

Wow, didn't know custom skins were a thing. This is amazing! Though I would still like to see Juan again, at least for the finale.

Strange, the lady rao is playing as kinda just disappeared from the plot.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

Sebby19 wrote:Didn't row already run into the chicken thief a couple times?

Wow, didn't know custom skins were a thing. This is amazing! Though I would still like to see Juan again, at least for the finale.

Strange, the lady rao is playing as kinda just disappeared from the plot.
It is kind of funny how the game kind of ignores Tostada's presence completely, as if you weren't playing her at all. And maybe it's just me, but the Demo Suit really emphasises just how slow the Goat Fly and Goat Climb really are.
Grounder

Re: ¡Guacamelee! - Mamá Demo

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Telamon wrote:God, I'm so in love with that Demo skin, especially when she donks into a wall after doing the goat run. Brilliant work!
nthing this, thats some amazing variety in the special attack animations.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

Oh my god, cowrao. Congrats on finding that chac mool -- it's easily the hardest one to find.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Yeah, good job raocow!

Demo flying through the forest was amazing.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Re: ¡Guacamelee! - Estoy terminando el Canal y el Bosque.

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Nice work on getting that Chac Mool piece, raocow! That was the most deviously hidden ones in the game--the other two are relatively simple to find but harder to get because of the challenges that lay in wait before them.

In other news, I should go ahead and dust off that Elgato I have to prep for my own LP.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

So, fun fact: there are significantly more saws in Pico de Gallo on hard mode.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

That was neat.

Edit: though I'm not sure if you need to get everything once you have the rainbow orb already.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Cool people like raocow and me figure out that forest puzzle all by ourselves :J
Octagon
zentraidon
Pronouns: she

Post by Octagon »

I wish I had caught up with this LP sooner so I said this earlier: Grabs are very useful because you're invincible while holding an enemy.
Combined with throws usually hitstunning a whole row of monsters and making weaker ones grapplable, spamming throws is a very safe way to fight. Just time it with those pesky chupacabras etc...

I found the chicken suit's drawback prohibitively annoying for combat, but it seems like the healing surprisingly lets you cheese the heck out of any fight (judging by the X'tabay fight that was a trainwreck but ended at full health, and Caverna del Pollo). AFAIK "health regen" in this game isn't the usual recovery over time, but instead increases the healing from the red swirls created by destroying enemies or barrels.

Intenso is a new Super Turbo Championship feature which was seemingly tacked on with no compensatory change in difficulty. That is why it feels optional. It's satisfying and makes the game more accessible, so I'm not complaining.

Apart from combos, chicken form's high attack speed is useful to break white shields.

In the old versions, Juanita/Tostado (the outfit-switched palette swaps) had stronger attacks in exchange for weak throws. Reverse Portero, basically.
Juanbro wrote:@Grounder If you tried to translate "Goat Fly" or "Flying Goat" to spanish...you are a bit off, of course, due to the grammar, it can be kind of hard to literally translate.

Goat Fly - "Fly" would be a verb, but in this context, would be more of a sustantive..."Vuelo de cabra", instead of "Cabra Volar"...it just sounds kind of weird.
Flying Goat - Translated to spanish is "Una Cabra Voladora"
I think it's "Vuelo del Chivo" in the Spanish localization (I played it in Spanish because I wanted to brush up my skills and thought this was a legit Mexican game)
Image WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR
Juanbro
Old school gamer...at least in theory

Post by Juanbro »

Wow, raocow...when he is in full exploration mode, he can really find the hardest of things. I needed to look up for a guide to understand the meaning of the switch in the Forest. And getting 100% in two areas in one video is a really good feat in itself.

As for yesterday's video references...

- Mexican references, phrases and words:
Not references today...aww...

- Videogame references and others:
1:09 Good ol' raocow pointed it out. The structure in the background references the videogame Q'bert.
5:25 Again, another reference that I may not be getting from the "Lucha Libre" poster.
Octagon wrote:
Juanbro wrote:@Grounder If you tried to translate "Goat Fly" or "Flying Goat" to spanish...you are a bit off, of course, due to the grammar, it can be kind of hard to literally translate.

Goat Fly - "Fly" would be a verb, but in this context, would be more of a sustantive..."Vuelo de cabra", instead of "Cabra Volar"...it just sounds kind of weird.
Flying Goat - Translated to spanish is "Una Cabra Voladora"
I think it's "Vuelo del Chivo" in the Spanish localization (I played it in Spanish because I wanted to brush up my skills and thought this was a legit Mexican game)
Oh, interesting to know. Truth be told, I never played the game in spanish, so, yeah, I don't know the official spanish names of the moves.
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Willhart wrote:That was neat.

Edit: though I'm not sure if you need to get everything once you have the rainbow orb already.
YES HE DOES!!!!!!1111
You're awesome.