(shouting)

Iji - Will raocow be aggressive or passive? Pfft... that's easy to answer

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Money

Re: Iji - Will raocow be aggressive or passive? Pfft... that's easy to answer

Post by Money »

IGNORE THIS POST I WAS A STUPID
Last edited by Money 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I forgot to mention you need to jump before the MPFB hits the wall to fly the maximum distance, and you can't jump if suffering from recoil.

Anyways, the last 2 major secrets. This won't be going in the guide, as I have to figure out how to fit in Yukabacera and Ansaksie, without exceeding the 60000 character limit. Again. Man, if I had known earlier, I would have made 2 posts at the start...

reallyJoel's Dad difficulty: Unlock Ultimortal difficulty, and then select it, and hold right for 5 seconds.
Originally revealed in the creator's boss rush video in 2008 as a joke, Remar said his friend's Dad beat it so hard it fell out of the game forever. Until several years later when Remar revealed it was always there.
This mode is meant to be impossible. Even if you manage to make it to the end (I've only made it up to where Mia's ribbon would be), there is a barrier that requirs 100% kills, impossible in 2 minutes. And even then, the barrier doesn't lower anyway...
Other than the changes listed in the game, the portal to Sector Z is gone, you cannot Nano Reboot, and you can't fire the Null Driver. Darn.

Sector Y: the other secret level. Kill Tor with it, and he'll freak and warn you about the hallucinations.
You will then be sent directly to Sector Y, instead of the credits. It's essentially an empty Sector 1 (a little glitchy, thanks to the Null Driver). All the logbooks except 2 are empty, the last one must be read 3 times in order to learn about Clown mode, the utterly final secret. There is no exit, you must quit to leave.

Inspired by the Out of this Dimension level in Starfox.
Last edited by Sebby19 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Sebby19 wrote:Clown mode
This sounds awesome. Don't leave us hanging!
You're awesome.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Ditocoaf wrote:Re: the writing

I'd say the story was quite good despite the writing being hit-and-miss, with the dialogue specifically being the weak part. Characters came through well in their motivations and reactions and choices (i.e. what they said), but the way they spoke and wrote didn't always sound like people talking and writing.
thank you this is exactly what i was thinking but i had no clue how to word it
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

A pacifist run is actually pretty interesting. Though my method involved a ton of face tanking (assimilate level 10+health level 10 helped with that) because I don't really see much of a difference between killing enemies with their own weapons and killing them with mine personally. It wasn't a perfect pacifist run though.
The two kills were an accidental kick death (I one-shotted a low level komato early on) and Asha in Sector X. I ended with level 10 in everything but tasen (which was at level 3 but which came so late I never even picked up its weapon, lol. I finished the game with only the resonance detonator and resonance reflector) and komato (which was still at level 1). Also almost every single failed crack was due to getting shot in the middle of cracking.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Piter Lauchy wrote:
Sebby19 wrote:Clown mode
This sounds awesome. Don't leave us hanging!
Nope. This will be the one thing I won't spoil.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

Think of a large plasma cannon ammo item somewhere where it shouldn't be.

raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Sebby19

Re: Iji - Will raocow be aggressive or passive? Pfft... that's easy to answer (Guide is finished!)

Post by Sebby19 »

The guide is finished! I somehow managed to cram everything in there, though I had to cut the Lore section, how to ride Shredders, and condense my words. Check the first post, there shouldn't be any mistakes.

As my final word, I want to talk about sequels. Will there be an Iji 2?
No.
While Remar did come up with a few ideas for a sequel (only natural), this game was a huge undertaking for him, and he would want a team and a budget to work with, and a few years, among other things. 99% sure it won't happen.
I will go over a few details he revealed:
1) Game will have an older Iji, working for the Komato, under Kiron.
2) The Komato are indeed heading for civil war, if not already there.
3) Wouldn't play the same as the 1st game.
4) A few playable characters on either side of conflicts.
Like maybe this chick? Her name is Angelica.
Another pic Angelica again, and Jaavi the Komato.

However, I find it hilarious that just after raocow started to LP this game (Nov 21), Daniel Remar posted on his website (Nov 22) that Iji 1.7 will be a thing, after the Strawberry game is finally made (it was even teased on a terminal in Iji). Expect the unused Pacifist pics for the ending to be included.
And thus continues the strange trend of game makers updating their games when raocow plays them.
raocow wrote:ping

And done.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I do wish I knew of another video game boss that teleport spams like Asha does. Nightmare, Marx, Tabuu, and anything else Sakura made have got NOTHING on him.

It be even cooler if that style of mass teleportation could be a player controlled ability.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

Sebby19 wrote:I do wish I knew of another video game boss that teleport spams like Asha does. Nightmare, Marx, Tabuu, and anything else Sakura made have got NOTHING on him.

It be even cooler if that style of mass teleportation could be a player controlled ability.
Doesn't player-controlled Albus from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia have some sort of teleport based on the touch screen? That's the closest thing I can think of so far, and needless to say even that ability is a far cry from Asha's crazy speed.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I'm reviving this topic to let everyone know that Daniel Remar has released Iji version 1.7 (back in March). http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php

1.7 is a massive update, so much so that it is almost a different game. The changes are so great, that Remar is keeping 1.6 up for download, forever.

The biggest changes:
1) Two new endings. And not like modifiers to the main ending, like if you save Dan or the last Tasen. These two endings go in completely different directions. You can access them based on decisions you make in Sector 9 or X, but they only appear if your kill count is below 270 or above 300, respectively.
2) Pacifist weapons. The 8 main weapons each now have non-lethal versions, that are accessible as soon as you get the regular versions. This allows you to be a more active participant during a Pacifist run of the game. The Attack stat will still improve them.
Other:
3) Iji is faster. Some changes to the Sectors were changed to compensate for this (among other reasons)
4) Farther reach for Cracking. Not only can you Crack from a bit further, but now enemies can no longer get killed by getting Cracked, including the 1HP Scouts(lose machinegun) and Beasts(20 second stun). Failing to combine weapons now has a chance of you losing up to 5 ammo for both weapons.
5) Reflecting counts as kills again. This makes 1.6 the only version where the Resonance Reflector does not award kills. You can unlock the 1.6 version via cheat code
6) Assimilate was nerfed. Each level now only increase your ammo cap by +5, down from +10. Though level 10 still awards 99 max ammo.
7) Attack was buffed. Attack level 10 now awards 3x the damage, up from 2x. Level 5 now gives 2x damage. To compensate, level 1 is now only 1x, down from the 1.1x starting damage.
8) Combined Cyborg Stations. Instead of Cyborg stations for each Stat spread across the level, they have now been combined into one. You can now easily choose which stat to upgrade at you leisure (expect Crack in Sector 1). Weapon stations are also easier to use.
9) All text and dialogue have been overhauled. There are also more modifiers if Iji is Pacifist or Berserk.
10) Changes to bosses, like new attacks, speed increases, new behaviors.
11) Many more. I've provided the manual.txt as an attachment:
manual.zip
Full list of updates at the bottom
(17.57 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Changes are listed above ^
ping
It's only been a year and a half since raocow finished Iji, so I'm not suggesting raocow plays it again now.
But in the future, if you ever wish to revisit the game (either publicly or privately), a Pacifist run of the game is now very much worth your time.
Version 1.7 is a very different beast than 1.6. I don't know why Remar just didn't call it version 2.0.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

holy fucking shit

this was never supposed to happen

there was never going to be a new update

this is the best day
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Let me know what you guys think of it after playing it for a while.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica