(shouting)

Iji - Will raocow be aggressive or passive? Pfft... that's easy to answer

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: Iji - Will raocow be aggressive or passive? Pfft... that's easy to answer

Post by Leet »

I could totally read it in the amount of time that raocow does. BUT. the thing is that raocow is also talking while he's reading it, so unless the speaker is bowser or marisa, i'm trying to both listen to him AND read the text. so i also have to pause and go over that part of the video a few times because of that. i was really tired watching Iji so for this video i just gave up and didn't try lol.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Okay, let me go over all the reason why Hard mode means less stuff being shown off:

Other than enemies that are faster, smarter, aggressive, and numerous; the times you level up your stats are also cut down. Less level ups means less stats. Less stats mean you can't get better weapons soon enough, while the Strength and Crack stats let you break down more doors and get more stuff. And less stuff means harder to survive.

I was also hoping rao would find the Pink Ribbon in Sector 1. The ribbon belong's to Iji's little sister, Mia, who did not survive. However, if you miss any ribbons, all others disappear from the rest of the Sectors. They are all relatively easy to find, just off the main path, and open up conversations between Iji and Dan. One in particular has a very crucial tip, that can effect the ending. The ribbons themselves don't unlock anything if you get them all, but it's very heartwarming if you do. sigh, I was just hoping he would at least find the first 3, but now that is impossible.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Weapons, in order of obtainability:

Shotgun
Damage: 72 armor (8 pellets, 9 armor/pellet)
Reload time: 1 second
DPS(Damage per second): 72 armor
Muzzle velocity: 420 m/s
Requirements: none
Uses: no ammunition
Function: fires a wide, short-range pellet blast
Your first weapon, and it costs nothing to use! Only really reliable against Scouts and Soldiers. Both this and the Machinegun's projectiles can actually curve around obstacles. Only use if you really want to conserve ammo.
-No one else uses this weapon, it's considered ancient.

Machine Gun
ImageImage
Damage: 10 armor
Reload time: 0.1 seconds (constant fire)
DPS: 100 armor
Muzzle velocity: 720 m/s
Requirements: Tasen 3
Uses: 1.11 machinegun clips / second
Function: fires weak but accurate long-range bullets
Longer range than the Shotgun, and can wear down armour faster, depending how close you are. Iji's is special, it is more accurate and does more damage than the Tasen. However, I prefer the Shotgun for it's burst damage, and there is a better weapon that uses Machine Gun clips...
-All Tasen (except Tasen Commanders) wield this.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Holy

Post by Holy »

Wait, what? I thought raocow just played EG.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love this game. And yeah, the secrets and hidden stuff is cool, but I'd rather see rao just play the game however he wants. I know I didn't find any of that stuff my first time, and it's probs better that way.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Grounder wrote:y'all read at granny speed
I could read it just fine if I actually tried (I don't though, I prefer to read at my natural pace not a forced pace set by someone else) and what Leet said is completely relevant for me too. Also I really hate that so many people around here (or anywhere online really) act like this. "It's not an issue for ME so it's clearly just you". That's an idiotic stance to take. Not everyone is a perfect clone of each other you know.
Leet wrote:I could totally read it in the amount of time that raocow does. BUT. the thing is that raocow is also talking while he's reading it, so unless the speaker is bowser or marisa, i'm trying to both listen to him AND read the text. so i also have to pause and go over that part of the video a few times because of that. i was really tired watching Iji so for this video i just gave up and didn't try lol.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

I really enjoyed Iji when I played it in the past and it's pretty fun. I highly reccomend playing it, but It's not really a raocow game, too much reading and it takes itself too seriously.

The only problem I had was that the game doesn't like alot of operating systems specifically because it was made in an older version of game make. In the late game my game got unbearable slowdown that kinda ruined it. It's a pretty common problem with the game iirc.

We might want to scout this out as a problem or not. But I don't know raocow's computer. But my Windows 7 got bad slowdown.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

if megaman is jump and shoot man, is iji is duck and shoot girl?

anyway, grumpy iji is best iji
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

raocow, keep an eye out for those blue Security Boxes that you can Crack to get items. They can sorta blend in with other nearby boxes/crates/obstacles. For example, there was one in today's video that you never opened - despite your standing on it at 5:25.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

One thing that should be pointed out is that you can crack your own nanofield to reset your levels, so don't worry too much about wasting stats and experiment away.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Piter Lauchy wrote: The skimming also leads to him missing stuff, so he has to figure out some game mechanic on his own that was explained a second ago!
He's not skimming, he actually reads that fast. The fact that he doesn't remember stuff sometimes is still just the usual LPer's Curse of split attention.
Octagon
zentraidon
Pronouns: she

Post by Octagon »

This game! Takes two playthroughs to get the full experience and feels pretty dated by now but it's still very very worthwhile! I'm excited about this.

Health is what you put a point in whenever you feel like the game is too hard, or if you're a pacifist who ran out of other things to get.
Attack is extremely boring, it just makes you have to shoot slightly less to kill things. Tasen/Crack/Komato is where the fun weapons are at.
Assimilate's main use is taking strong ammo into boss fights. It's generally unimportant - the first two points make a big difference for armor restoration (it affects Nano pickups), but beyond that it can be disregarded. Outside of boss fights, you can usually sustain your ammo through drops and exploration.
Cracking is pretty much optional. Combination weapons are generally very fun but require a lot of specialization (T'asen and/or Komato, and Crack)
Strength works in a weirdly binary way (can or can't kick an enemy), but the actual kicking part is super fun.
Doors and crates often give you ammo, but cracked/kicked shortcuts and the nano therein are a lot more interesting for pacifists who want to stay out of trouble.

Every stat grants a related capstone ability when you max it out, so specialization is rewarded.

In an offensive run, reaching the nano cap for each zone is trivial. Nano is balanced so what's scattered around is still enough to get maxed out in a pacifist run.

Apart from the level cap, difficulty also affects enemy behaviour + boss attacks, so there's an upside to your choice of Hard mode.

The detonator has a better range & vertical reach than the kick, and can jostle multiple enemies at once.

Kicking already-severed turret heads into enemies just by walking also deals damage.

The game is full of little Doom-esque secret areas that require clever use of each weapon in the game and sometimes the enemies.
Daniel Remar, the developer, loves that kind of stuff and it's part of what makes him great.

Destroying lights to assert your supremacy is an important part of this game and one of the more interesting things to do in Sector 1.

One of the random power-ups an aggressive player can get is REALLY SATISFYING AND I HOPE WE'LL GET TO SEE IT

The justifications/in-universe adaptations of game mechanics are a bit goofy but I like them. Except for "What's a pause menu'?" (which was original back in 2006) they manage to not break my immersion.

This is the first time I noticed that at the end of sector 2, the piano track stays in place of the normal level clear music.
Image WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I'll do the walkthrough here, thankyou. My thought on the stats:

Health: Every level is another 2 HP. Not too important early on, when everyone mostly uses armour damaging weapons. But when everyone is slinging missiles and other heavy weaponry, invest in it.
Attack: Every level increases your damage modifier by .1 (you actually start doing 1.1 damage). So a missile, that normally does 2 HP of damage, will do 3 HP at Attack Lv. 5 (a x1.5 modifier). At Lv. 10, you do double damage. Enemies can take HP damage in decimals, Iji can't. But, in my opinion, the most useless stat, you really don't need to upgrade it, at all.
Assimilate: Does two things: Raises you max Ammo by 10, and increases how much armour you recover by 10%. Level 3 is a good place to start, and you shouldn't need more than Lv. 5
Strength: Allows you to kick and damage bigger things. I've already talked about this, start at level 4. As you can see, kicking is fun! I'll do a quick chart on what Strength you need for each enemy later.
Crack: The best stat! Max this out 1st! Cracking let's you: 1)Crack doors and access more areas, 2)Combine your weapons to make new ones, and 3)Sneak up and Crack enemies, disabling their heavy weapons (which will blow up in their face when they try to fire), guaranteeing they drop ammo, and possibly drain half their max HP. Most important stat.
Tasen and Komoto: At Level 3, 6, and 10, allows you to use stronger weapons. Also high priority stats, since you then combine those new weapons for even more!

Leveling up any stat to 10 nets you a bonus ability. Again, Crack has the best one.

(just a heads up, you might want to get Komoto Lv. 3. Your choice.)

You can also carry unspent Skill Points into new Sectors.
Last edited by Sebby19 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Enemies with melee attack will destroy boxes that are in their way, to get to you.

Tasen Commander
Armor: 100 HP: 5
Weight: 6 Security: 3
Drops:
-8 Nano
-Rocket
-Rocket Pack (only when cracked)
Melee Weapon: Claw Swipe
Weapon 1: Rocket Launcher
Weapon 2: Spread Rockets
These guys are the ones that boss around the soldiers. What looks like a cape is actually a huge claw! And they will swipe at you. They only have heavy weapons, so cracking them will severely gimp them.

Tasen Turret
Armor: 200 HP: 1
Weight: 1 Security: [weapon #] + 1 (so, between 2-9)
Drops: ammo matching weapon (only when cracked)
Possible weapon: Machinegun, Rocket Launcher, Spread Rockets, ???, ???, ???, ???
They explode when destroyed, unless they're kicked off their support poles. Turrets are predictable and not too dangerous, but be aware that they'll change direction and fire if you jump over them while they're charging an attack (you'll need to jump back and forth a few times for them to give up). I encourage you crack one when given a chance, you'll get ammo. A single Resonance detonator shot or anything explosive takes them down, and since they're mechanical they won't count as a kill.

A kicked turret does 1HP damage. If it kills an enemy, it will count as yours, unless it's been 1.5 seconds since you touched it.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Zpto
Totally not a robot

Post by Zpto »

Looks like raocow found out about turret football :lol:.
cursedjerky

Post by cursedjerky »

I am not completely sold on this game yet, I think that is because when I saw the cutscene graphics in the first part, it reminded me of Another World (Out of this World) and Flashback for some reason. So my brain was expecting a game like that and so it made the game seem meh out of disappointment when it did not match the expectations it did get from visual art before any form of gameplay even started!

It kinda starts growing on me, but eh, still not sure about it! It has it's fun elements, like kicking turrets into enemies.
I was hoping you'll get a doublejump or a walljump upgrade instead of just a boring, you jump higher now, upgrade, but you gotta take what you get I guess!
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

The artstyle is inspired by Another World, actually!

Resonance Detonator
ImageImage
Damage: 1 HP
Reload time: 5 seconds
DPS: .2 HP
Muzzle velocity: 50 m/s
Requirements: none
Uses: no ammunition
Function: Works exactly like your kick, using your Strength stat. Can destroy Shield Doors.
A weapon made by the Komoto. Since the shockwave from this weapon appears in two frames and covers a large area around Iji, it's very useful with a high Strength stat if your spacing is good. Use it together with the kick to juggle lesser enemies around the room. The reload time sucks though, and it's not the best weapon when trying to deal enough damage to kill something. The damage is instant, and the range is farther than your kick.
-??? uses this as part of their standard equipment
Kick vs. Resonance Detonator
So you may be wondering why you should ever equip the Resonance Detonator? Well, the weapon has a larger range, is instant hit, and you can use it while on the move. Meanwhile, Iji stops in her track to kick, it takes half a second for her to raise her leg after you press the button, and some enemies can duck underneath, or retaliate. However, the painful reload time (longest of all the weapons) mean the kick is better in the heat of battle. But, if you have a safe moment to think "I want to kick that guy", then go ahead and equip the Resonance Detonator!

Rocket Launcher
ImageImage
Damage: 2 HP
Reload time: 2 seconds
DPS: 1 HP
Muzzle velocity: 19 m/s
Requirements: Tasen 6
Uses: 1 rocket
Function: Fires a single rocket
The first 'heavy' weapon, dealing direct HP damage. The also explode on contact, possibly damaging more than one foe. The downside is that they can be ducked or reflected by some enemies if they can see it coming, unless they're flying through the air or taking damage. Try to shoot the enemies in the back or feet. Rockets are a cheap way of opening weak walls.
-Most Tasen Soldiers, Commander, and Elites wield these, unless they instead have the upgraded Spread Rockets
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Xalnop
15 Peices

Post by Xalnop »

So raocow, remember that time in gaming, 25 years ago, when you got a new game, and couldn't wait to dive in and play. It was also the time in gaming when games came with something... something made of paper, and you could read it to find out more about the game?

The information on difficulty is provided, in the manual, where it should be. Don't complain about information not being provided if you don't take time to read the instructions first.

Edit: Also Sebby, spoiler tags exist for a reason, and while you may love this game to death, other people may also want to experience it for themselves.
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Jolpengammler »

Xalnop wrote:Edit: Also Sebby, spoiler tags exist for a reason, and while you may love this game to death, other people may also want to experience it for themselves.
This^
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

That alien with the girlfriend is a she.

Anyway, almost nobody is sympathetic in this game, and it's only going to get worse!

YAY!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

What about spoilers? Hardly a spoiler you get a rocket launcher. And I prefer using ??? for now, instead of the tags

Items:

Nanofields: Your general pickups. If you have max Exp/Health/Armour, you cannot pick them up. All regenerate your Armour, based on your Assimilate stat.
Image Blue Nanofield: Your experience points, coming in four sizes: 2, 4, 8 and 16. Also regenerates armour.
Image Red Nanofield: Heals 2 HP on Normal, 1 HP on Hard and up. Also restores some armour. If at full health, restores full armour.
Image Green Nanofield: ONLY restores armour. Useless and redundant, in my opinion.
-Enemies can pick up Nanofields too, if they need to, and will actively seek them out if injured and not aggro. I believe Blue and Green nanofields completely restore their armour, and Red fields restore 1 HP.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

alright i'm trying to watch this and it just bores me to tears, i think i'm out
gunny shoot 2D games are basically my least favorite genre of everything ever though and that could be part of it
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Sebby19 wrote:What about spoilers? Hardly a spoiler you get a rocket launcher. And I prefer using ??? for now, instead of the tags
You know it's actually pretty easy to drop things in one of the collapsible spoilers the site has. Then people can choose if they want to read them or not.
Octagon
zentraidon
Pronouns: she

Post by Octagon »

Tasen won't be hit by each others' shots, but they're affected by splash damage just fine if they stand in the radius. In pacifist mode, you can kill enemies by drawing fire while standing next to them.

Weapons can only have the Tasen/Komato requirements of 1, 3, 6 or 10, so plan ahead, as in-between points won't be of any immediate help.

As you might have experienced via Tasen Commanders, enemies flinch when they lose health through armour damage, so with enough firepower you can stunlock many enemies.

Even Krotera can be stunlocked with the buster gun. It's considerate you get the ammo right before.

The huge blue barrage that killed you (as opposed to the normal blue triple shot [

MPFB Devastator

]) is Krotera's super attack, and we were lucky to see it, as the fight is fairly short and he doesn't use it often.
Image WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

The secret for fast reading is probably to not read the text out loud inside your head.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

Blue security boxes opened today: 1
Blue security boxes ignored today: 2 (including a second box right next to the box raocow opened)

There's no room for non-jerk NPCs in a violent run.
Pacifist runs are a different story.

(By which I mean, a pacifist Iji meets their first non-jerk NPC* in Sector 3. A violent Iji never meets that character. Or, more likely, a violent Iji simply mows them down, as just another of the "nameless" alien scum.)

*yes Dan counts as a jerk