(shouting)

Haustalk!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
churine
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Haustalk!

Post by churine »

My history with Metal Gear was that I tortured myself with played Metal Gear 1 (NES) and never wanted to touch the series again, because that's how bad that game is.
So you probably shouldn't reccomend that unless you want someone to literally never play the series.

Also a thing is that back then I saw people talking good things about it and was intrigued because like, from a completely outsider superficial view and knowing next to absolutely nothing of the series, you'd hear some people going like how some of the female characters are so good and The Boss is good and stuff.
Then I learned later on more of how the series was about that in general and well then. (And then Quiet happened :V)

I'm still considering checking out whichiever though just for the sake of not being familiar with stealth games and the series being so iconic.
HamsterZerg
True Pacifist or bust.
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Oh, don't mind me. I'm just contacting you from the distant past. Carry on.

Post by HamsterZerg »

You guys should discuss StarCraft at some point.

Avatar by Skully (artwork) and bkamakaze (size). Thanks, guys!
Soma Cruz, Linkara, and Olimar for SMBX 2.0

Game King-style Story Briefs, a forum game by me
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I wasn't aware there is a market for 2 minute podcasts up there!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Err...sooo, as someone whose knowledge of the series is entirely limited to playing the first game for 15 minutes and giving up...
Horikawa Otane wrote:And the final boss is Ron Paul.
...can you explain this one...?
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:Err...sooo, as someone whose knowledge of the series is entirely limited to playing the first game for 15 minutes and giving up...
Horikawa Otane wrote:And the final boss is Ron Paul.
...can you explain this one...?
I was confused too! so I looked them up~ apparently they are like this American politician senator person, who grows huge muscles and pops out of a robot ship or something.. I am fuzzy on the details but that is roughly the tale.

How long ago were these films? I noticed raocow said "finally" when this was posted
ImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

he's a lot more charismatic though
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

I think an interesting one of these could be "The problems with Mario Games"
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

no, no, do final fantasy next!
Le Neveu de Rameau

Play Freebird!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

make kissy faces at each other
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Grounder wrote:make kissy faces at each other
whoah, WHOAH! Not in front of the human!
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Nanomachines, son
That crazy voice dude
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I wonder how often we will see these. Long things take time to organize.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Another person I'd recommend for a guest is Kikoskia. They have a very extensive list of games they have played, so they know a lot about different games too. Like old rpgs, tabletop games, point and click adventure games, and strategy games. They however are not too big on platformers, and probably don't even know who raocow is, so that might be a problem. They do make LP's very regularly though, so it might be a better idea later once there has been some other guests first.

Most of the good LP'ers tend to be pretty good at talking too, I've noticed.
Le Neveu de Rameau

"Friggin' Trash Man" is now Dust Man's new official name.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

The Megaman Haustalk was pretty fun. I'm curious what your opinions on the megaman spin-offs, there are alot of them. Personally I liked the Megaman Zero series and was totally ambivalent to the RPGs.

raocow's statement about fan-fiction was actually surprising insightful as to the mentality of it's writers. Way to go raocow, making sense for once actually was the surprising thing.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Another possible quest would probably be PinkKittyRose. They play a large variety of games and have a good commentary style. They've also made videos for a long time, and stream often too on twitch.
Kukironosuke
You can call me Kuki
First name: Travis
Pronouns: he/him/kirbys

Post by Kukironosuke »

I started my Castlevania experience by playing Dawn of Sorrow, quickly followed by Aria of Sorrow(out of order), SotN, and Portruit of Ruin(besides perhaps 5 minutes here or there when I was really young with the first 4 games, I don't remember anything in particular).

Within the next year or three I also played Castlevania Circle of Moon, Harmony of Disonance, Lament of Innocence, Curse of Darkness and Order of Ecclesia

Horikawa, If you like the classic Castlevanias with the whip and the difficulty, I suggest Harmony of Dissonance for the GBA, when they were just getting into metroidvania and just trying to incorporate some more of the old style or, Order of Ecclesia, the last metroidvania they made in 2008 where they tried to bring the series back to its roots a bit and made it harder, and it has a kick ass lead lady befitting yourself too.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

That game looked pretty nice graphically. It was also nice to listen since you knew of the games quite a lot.

I wonder how well a Kirby themed haustalk would go. That game series is pretty large and raocow has played some of them too.
warpio

Post by warpio »

I have to chime in with an unpopular opinion here... Castlevania 64/Legacy of Darkness is actually a really, really good game. Say what you will about the awkward controls, camera, and ugly art style, but whenever I go back to replay it I've always had a really fun time with it. I dunno, I feel like there's a certain charm to the primitive early 3D-era control awkwardness and ugly graphics, that somehow meshes really well into a game that fits with the style of classic Castlevania... It's like the 3D equivalent of the NES Castlevanias, right down to the clunky controls and everything.

The awkward controls take some getting used to, but you can definitely adapt and have fun with it regardless. The game is really underrated I feel like... It's what 3D Castlevania should've been like from the start... I like how it has a balanced mix of both linear, precise platforming-focused levels and more non-linear exploration type levels. Both level types are done pretty well and provide a decent difficulty curve without getting super unfair or annoying. The atmosphere is kind of chilling in some parts (especially the Villa), and I eventually came to dig the soundtrack. I dunno, it's not the best or anything, but people should really give it more of a shot if you're a fan of early 3D-era platformers.