(shouting)

Wings of Vi - Not Myougi's Castle

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
WhattayaBrian

Re: Wings of Vi - Not Myougi's Castle

Post by WhattayaBrian »

Dragon Fogel wrote:What if you just watched the top of the screen during the ice trap portion? If Vi's staying still, you know where he's going to come in and none of the other obstacles are moving, so there's exactly one portion of the screen worth focusing on. And all you have to do to react is slide in the right direction, which you have plenty of time to mentally prepare yourself for.

Maybe there's some reason I'm not seeing why this wouldn't work, but it seems worth a try.
It's really, really fast.
If you read this post and thought "Wow, what a swell guy, I sure would like to hear his voice and also watch videogames?" then do I have a link for you.

Current Game: Distorted Travesty 3
Freakguy

Post by Freakguy »

I don't really have any advice that hasn't already been said, other than noting that something that used to be a problem for me was that I became too focused on grabbing healing orbs, causing unneccesary situations where jeh'oul is off-screen or I put myself in a dangerous place, so keep that in mind. Just keep plugging away raocow, you can do it

I finally beat Supreme Joel flawlessly on demon mode today, I dedicate this victory to you raocow for getting me back into this game nyoro~n
Maybe check it out once you've beaten him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e1gWrmm_dE
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

WhattayaBrian wrote:It's really, really fast.
Watched the video again trying to keep an eye out for him, and you're right. By the time I registered his presence he was at least halfway down the screen. There might still be a chance to react, but not much of one.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
OrangeXP

Post by OrangeXP »

Dragon Fogel wrote:
WhattayaBrian wrote:It's really, really fast.
Watched the video again trying to keep an eye out for him, and you're right. By the time I registered his presence he was at least halfway down the screen. There might still be a chance to react, but not much of one.
It's inconsistent, but sometimes he hits the ice early, and slows down enough for you to react to it.
WhattayaBrian

Post by WhattayaBrian »

Freakguy wrote:Maybe check it out once you've beaten him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e1gWrmm_dE
So many close calls! It looks like you're trying to bait the ground-slide-worm-attack by standing far away from him? If that's true, I'm guessing it's because of double balls. Legit run.
If you read this post and thought "Wow, what a swell guy, I sure would like to hear his voice and also watch videogames?" then do I have a link for you.

Current Game: Distorted Travesty 3
Freakguy

Post by Freakguy »

WhattayaBrian wrote:
So many close calls! It looks like you're trying to bait the ground-slide-worm-attack by standing far away from him? If that's true, I'm guessing it's because of double balls. Legit run.
Thanks! Indeed that is the case, it was probably the biggest help for flawlessing him because double balls is just nuts. Another useful maneuver is what I did at 3:05, since I knew he was gonna do balls, I went to the left side and then crossed over once he was locked into doing left facing balls, because this leaves a huge empty space on the far right where the balls can't reach. This empty space is smaller if he's doing right facing balls and you're on the left, but it's still there.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Freakguy wrote:
double balls is just nuts
my inner 12-year-old kicked in again
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Oh boy, tomorrow will either be the end, another episode zero, or both!

There's like no way that Rao will both get to rage mode and not clear the boss, right?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

I've been very critical of this game, but I still want to see raocow beat it. Keep your nose to that creepy boney grindstone!
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

Another epi-dose of "rao-frustration", featuring Majora's Spine.
Miyutwo
Sexy Beam
First name: Cheryl Mason
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Miyutwo »

inb4 raocow gives it "just one more try" like with Myougi, and manages to beat Joel flawlessly. That would be the most amazing thing to ever happen, even though the chances are admittedly slim.
ImageImage
Two images in my sig now? What is the world coming to!?!
[/spoiler]
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Hopefully these long breaks decrease the overall death count. Otherwise we might be here for a while. The last run went pretty well.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Haven't commented much here, though that was mostly just so I could see what the entire game's like before sharing my opinion.

Overall I think it's a pretty good IWBTG-esque platformer. Learns from a few mistakes of boshy, though it does still have its warts here and there. Not nearly as bad as some people on this topic make it out to be, though. (after all, it is a spawn of IWBTG)

The plot and characters are rather eh, though. Not bad, but nothing really stands out in any way.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
alleightbits
START PLAY!

Post by alleightbits »

Jayoshi wrote:Haven't commented much here, though that was mostly just so I could see what the entire game's like before sharing my opinion.

Overall I think it's a pretty good IWBTG-esque platformer. Learns from a few mistakes of boshy, though it does still have its warts here and there. Not nearly as bad as some people on this topic make it out to be, though. (after all, it is a spawn of IWBTG)

The plot and characters are rather eh, though. Not bad, but nothing really stands out in any way.
Like, this isn't really like an IWBTG game. Sure, the death-respawn mechanics are the same, but the rest is completely different.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

8bitgamer123 wrote:Like, this isn't really like an IWBTG game. Sure, the death-respawn mechanics are the same, but the rest is completely different.
Well, that's just because it adds actual content to the game. Different shot types and movement schemes. Focused progression to the story, even if it wasn't amazing. Not using every other franchise in the universe. The end result is quite different, but at heart it's still a really hard platformer strung together in one huge environment, divided out by bosses, and while exceptions exist, generally set in difficulty by how many save points you get.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
OrangeXP

Post by OrangeXP »

I wanted to point out that the whip attack is worse the farther away you are from the boss or if you are also moving vertically. If you noticed, during the whip, his head is aiming for the top of your head, and the body will whip towards your location. If you slide away when he starts the whip, his head will miss, leaving you to jump over the spine. Most of the time, you start jumping and fluttering away way too early.

Silly thing about the killer roar, it's not actually completely instakill, but it does something like 300 damage/second and causes paralysis/slow. On some close calls you could be missing half or almost all of your health.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Maybe time for a weapon and secret hunt? You actually should have enough % to obtain Green. A long time ago, in fact. Should just take 5 seconds.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Sebby19 wrote:Maybe time for a weapon and secret hunt? You actually should have enough % to obtain Green. A long time ago, in fact. Should just take 5 seconds.
Yeah I'm not sure Greed's gonna do it.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I just want to see what it does.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

It would also be a way to maybe avoid exhaustion. Just take a break from the fight for a little bit, ya know?
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

Yeah a video of taking a break from the boss and finding secrets would probably be best. Both for raocow (so he feels like he's actually made some progress at something after 4 episodes of nothing), and for the viewers (so there's some content other than rao dying to the one boss 30 or 40 more times then ending as another ep 0).
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

We're officially in Not Fun™ territory now...
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
alleightbits
START PLAY!

Post by alleightbits »

I predict a ragequit in, at most, 2 more episode 0s.

And what's the point of giving you an weapon upgrade when the boss has a frackton of health, anyway?
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

That worm attack is such a morale killer.

And I totally stand by what I said about undogable attacks, because It's happened on video multiple times now. If you are off grabbing health when the scream or the laser starts, its probably too late by the time you see it. Not to mention that worm-laser combo. How are you supposed to dodge the laser and the worm at the same time?

Like, I genuinely don't want to play this boss anymore, but I've spent too much effort on this game to give up on the last possible thing.
Last edited by anonymousbl00dlust 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
Money

Post by Money »

The good news is that, unless I'm mistaken, the worms shouldn't be nearly as much of a problem to kill as before because you're now dealing much more and continuous damage.

The bad news is that the worms exist.