(shouting)

Wings of Vi - Not Myougi's Castle

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Re: Wings of Vi - They are More Like Giant Cherries

Post by Ivy »

Soldexus is not an "easy target". It's a wonderful game that has left an impression on the entire community, and will be remembered for years down the road.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

Aw man, someone beat me to the title joke!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Soldexus is inherently humorous to me but not because its a garbage game or anything. It's more of an amusingly flawed game. It's kind of like how I feel about the kind of games that get wrongpuraed - they aren't (usually) terrible, but they're that right blend of flawed and unique that makes them funny to talk about.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

Oh man the double jump!! Getting this ability feels weird due to the fact you now have basically two jump charges… plus the flutter but you get used to it really quickly. The lightning is very weird and doesn't really feel like a very 'this-game' thing to me if that makes sense?

Also OH MAN THE CHERRY. I too am disappointed about the not-flying-up-to-kill-you aspect.

I choose not to spoil here what has already been spoiled. Why it's in a spoiler I'll never know.

Learning-Timebuster
First name: Lυka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

soldexus was alright
"i like bugs"
t
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Pikabread wrote:Getting this ability feels weird due to the fact you now have basically two jump charges… plus the flutter
I love that actually. There's so many options for vertical movement with that combination.

Course, I'm easily swayed by detail in movement control. I grew up with Crash Team Racing and Jet Moto after all
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Wings of Vi - Heaven Yeah We're a Little Demon Girl

Post by Alice »

Parama wrote:Err, I thought he said it was 25-30 to just complete and an extra 10 or so for completionists? :T
It's possible I misread and I don't feel like going back and looking for the post but I'm fairly sure he was talking about 100%ing it.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

An angel girl with demon tail, skeletons wings, and bug attenne, whatever. But a ponytail? Man that's clearly taking it too far.
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Tenlade wrote:An angel girl with demon tail, skeletons wings, and bug attenne, whatever. But a ponytail? Man that's clearly taking it too far.
I think he just liked the demon tail more. Nothing more, nothing less.
You're awesome.
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

okay, how the hell do you dodge terravine's insta-kill attack? is the only way to use the minecart? what happens if you run out?

alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
Nathan the Talkmaus
Unofficial Talkhaus Mascot

Post by Nathan the Talkmaus »

This area actually looks visually appealing. Yay?
Winner of the Horikawa Blessing 2015
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

anonymousbl00dlust wrote:

okay, how the hell do you dodge terravine's insta-kill attack? is the only way to use the minecart? what happens if you run out?

I'm almost positive that's just a DPS race. Kill him before he gets four lasers off. I have no idea how possible that is in Demon mode, but it's not super impossible in Mortal. Alternatively, you can play Angel mode and tank it, since it only does half your health there.

KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

strongbadman wrote:
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:

I'm almost positive that's just a DPS race. Kill him before he gets four lasers off. I have no idea how possible that is in Demon mode, but it's not super impossible in Mortal. Alternatively, you can play Angel mode and tank it, since it only does half your health there.

If you know what you're doing you don't even need all three minecarts. Greed helps, if you know what I'm talking about.

Garlyle

Re: Wings of Vi - Sky Yeah We're a Little Skeleton Girl

Post by Garlyle »

Leet wrote:ugh im having trouble parsing where you can and cannot go. like i totally thought those were two conveyers that you had to go between but one was just a reflection and you had to go below it but i thought you could go on top of it and
Definitely a valid complaint. Once you figure out what parts are solid/deadly it's not so bad but until then it's like "eugh... eugh...??"
Jesuiscontent wrote:I could go full-on Sebby19 mode and list differences between normal and hard for enemies and bosses if that interests someone
I am honestly curious, given I was just watching some speedrunning of the game and they said the reason the speedrunners generally play Mortal instead of Demon is that there really isn't much changed at all, it just takes longer.
WhattayaBrian

Post by WhattayaBrian »

raocow,

I am worried. Wings of Vi is a very, very hard game, even on Mortal difficulty. The game gives you no way to change the difficulty down once you started, so if you at some point in the future desire an Angel save with all of your progress, I can make that happen relatively quickly. I really just want to avoid another Valdis Story. :cry:

Anyway--yes, the game has definite problems with visual distinction early on. It's very difficult to tell what's foreground and what's background. These issues, as well as many others, get more infrequent as time goes on, making it seem very much like Solgryn was figuring out the the strengths and weaknesses of his own design in real time. The latter half of the game feels much more solid than the former.
If you read this post and thought "Wow, what a swell guy, I sure would like to hear his voice and also watch videogames?" then do I have a link for you.

Current Game: Distorted Travesty 3
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

WhattayaBrian wrote:raocow,

I am worried. Wings of Vi is a very, very hard game, even on Mortal difficulty. The game gives you no way to change the difficulty down once you started, so if you at some point in the future desire an Angel save with all of your progress, I can make that happen relatively quickly. I really just want to avoid another Valdis Story. :cry:
You do remember raocow 100% clearing Super Meat Boy, right? raocow is great at games. raocow enjoys hard games. He'll be fine.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

The Doctor wrote:
WhattayaBrian wrote:raocow,

You do remember raocow 100% clearing Super Meat Boy, right? raocow is great at games. raocow enjoys hard games. He'll be fine.
The thing about Vi is that it's a different kind of difficulty. Angrl Girl has a few more movementnoptions, and part of the difficulty is sussing out in what order to use them at a given time.

Plus, tne bosses get incredibly tough, and bosses tend to be raocow's bane.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

There is no way any rational person should be expected to know that you can stand on that stupid waterfall.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Ometeotl wrote:There is no way any rational person should be expected to know that you can stand on that stupid waterfall.
There was grass to the sides of that waterfall similar to the platforms the player was standing on. That waterfall might have been placed there to make that jump intentionally more unclear though, and it was definitely unfair for the first time players.

I also think the player could have probably used slide to go under those projectiles near the end.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

OKAY HOLD UP YOU CAN HAVE A CUTE FLUFFY ANIMAL FOLLOW YOU AROUND ANYWHERE???? HELL YES.

that was a joke, but i'm not actually trying to be passive-aggressive with it this time, i legit think this is a great feature

Also rao's doing exactly what I would do: immediately forgetting that he has a movement ability perfect for the section he had trouble with.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Blivsey wrote:Also rao's doing exactly what I would do: immediately forgetting that he has a movement ability perfect for the section he had trouble with.
This was a common occurrence in Nitroid. On several occasions he would completely forget he had wall-walk boots and spend several minutes trying to figure out how to reach something before remembering he had them. Often times this occurrence would happen not too long after he'd already used them too.
WhattayaBrian

Post by WhattayaBrian »

The Doctor wrote:You do remember raocow 100% clearing Super Meat Boy, right? raocow is great at games. raocow enjoys hard games. He'll be fine.
That's why it's an offer, not a suggestion.

I'm so glad you got the bunny, raocow. I didn't find him until much, much later. He has remained my constant companion ever since.

The lightning area is supposed to be the area that forces you to learn how to air stall, a critical skill for later.
If you read this post and thought "Wow, what a swell guy, I sure would like to hear his voice and also watch videogames?" then do I have a link for you.

Current Game: Distorted Travesty 3
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

ah YISS the companions! :3
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

It's a good thing raocow did not try to defeat Electram without using slide. Pretty much the very first attack required it already.
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Re: Wings of Vi - Cloudy With a Chance of Cute Bunnies

Post by Piter Lauchy »

I want that exact bunny. <3
You're awesome.