(shouting)

Cheez does things (SRoN1 Kirby Challenge)

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
cheez8
Food Nut

Cheez does things (SRoN1 Kirby Challenge)

Post by cheez8 »

Most Recent Video: Part 7: vs. Plant Man (Flame Shield)

With my other video series on indefinite hiatus, I've been having the urge to do literally anything else for YouTube for quite some time now. Mega Man: Square Root of Negative One was the perfect opportunity, because it's seriously fun and just the right level of challenge. What better way to play than by limiting myself to using one weapon per stage? That's called the Kirby Challenge, and it's easily my favorite type of challenge run. This is going to be a very fun ride.

And... that's just about that! Hope you enjoy~

Individual videos: (There's also a playlist if that's your thing.)

Older series:
MMZ Perfect Runs
So, yes, I've taken to playing through the entire Mega Man Zero series without taking any damage. Any weapons, items or abilities beyond what Zero starts with are off limits, the Z-Saber is limited further since it's OP, and my rank must remain an A or higher (as the bosses would otherwise handicap themselves.) It's been a blast so far, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon!

Individual videos:
-MMZ1-
Intro Stage
vs. Aztec Falcon
vs. Anubis Necromancess III
vs. Pantheon Core
vs. Harpuia
vs. Blizzack Staggroff
vs. Hittite Hottide
vs. Guard Orotic
vs. Leviathan
vs. Maha Ganeshariff
vs. Fefnir
vs. Phantom
vs. Hanumachine
vs. Herculious Anchortus
vs. Rainbow Devil
(There's also a playlist if that's your thing.)
Last edited by cheez8 7 years ago, edited 9 times in total.
I don't really get it but okay
cheez8
Food Nut

Re: Cheez does things (Mega Man Zero Perfect Runs)

Post by cheez8 »

Well, that took a long time.

Herculious Anchortus Perfect Run

This stage is one of those weird stages where I struggle way more than I should have on account of not doing my research (though what little research I did do turned up a good deal of material that didn't help any against the midboss.) This... caused a definite shift in tone between the successful run and the frustrated outtakes, as ultimately this stage isn't too hard... which makes all the failed attempts that much sillier! Enjoy~

(As a side note, the next video is definitely coming sooner, as I will have the spare time to put it together now that I'm back in college.)
cheez8
Food Nut

Re: Cheez does things (Mega Man Zero Perfect Runs)

Post by cheez8 »

*dust dust*
cheez8 wrote:(As a side note, the next video is definitely coming sooner, as I will have the spare time to put it together now that I'm back in college.)
*slap slap*

Rainbow Devil Perfect Run

Now I'm officially back in business! Had to get a new mic, a new editor, a new computer, and even a new change to my rules before getting through this stage, but that's all taken care of now. It was a fun stage to come back to, with a frantic beginning and a mellow end, starring one of the least obnoxious Devil bosses in the entire franchise. I hope you enjoy~
cheez8
Food Nut

Re: Cheez does things (SRoN1 Kirby Challenge)

Post by cheez8 »

Time for a new project! Since the final stage of MMZ is too much for me right now, I'm taking a break with an easier challenge on an easier game - one which you people might be quite familiar with. So, without further ado, let's start off the Mega Man: Square Root of -1 Kirby Challenge!
Part 1: vs. Illuminati (Mega Buster)

(If you're wondering what a "Kirby Challenge" is, it's essentially a challenge run of a Megaman game which puts heavy emphasis on using the game's weapons. The first video explains it a bit more clearly, but that's the short and simple version.)

Big thanks to Pyro for making the game, and for being okay with me making these videos. :3
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Part 2: vs. Milk (Illuminati Tape)

And thus the Kirby Challenge begins proper. Gotta really think about where to use your weapons when you don't have many shots to spare, but this is actually still pretty lenient in the grand scheme of things.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Part 3: vs. Thomas (Milk Spray)

As usual, it's time to break the weakness order. Milk Spray makes it pretty easy though!
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Part 4: vs. Doodlebob (Burning Coal)

This is the stage that kicked off a string of some really fun and challenging segments. Doodlebob's segment leans more toward the "fun" side of that though, so things are still fairly laid-back.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Part 5: vs. Hello (Pencil Bomb)

Boy, this was a tough one. Had to conserve ammo pretty severely - so much so that I needed to pull off a really unexpected exploit against this stage's midboss to make it through. On the plus side, this turned out to be one of my favorite videos for the main eight bosses!
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Part 6: vs. Angry Sun (Yahoo Barrage)

This was nothing more than a well-timed breather. The tail end of the main eight had some pretty rough segments, so I was glad to have something I could clear in one go!
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Part 7: vs. Plant Man (Flame Shield)

Editing this video was an awful process but I don't care, I'm done! Anyway, have a segment that was originally incredibly difficult, but then I remembered I had a dog to summon. Now it's only difficult.