(shouting)

MaGL X2 - Cat Planet × Pokemon OTP

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Re: MaGL X2 - Cat Planet × Pokemon OTP

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

I'd be more impressed if anyone ever found an accurate way of emulating Kirby's Tilt'N'Tumble

P.s.: I'm still super impressed by Gameboy Technology in smbx!
:pal: Image :pal:

Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

Ivy wrote:
thatguyif wrote:Did I miss some drama llama involving LUEsoldat? Did he get banned from here or something?
I don't think I've seen such utter contempt towards someone outside of identity politics nonsense.
Also, am I the only one who feels like Sylvie got a little shafted because raocow had so much trouble with the level?
nah he's just a fun guy. hasn't touched the talkhaus at all, i'm pretty sure
If by "fun" you mean "person with infuriatingly moronic opinions and is completely and utterly impossible to reason with and with plenty of people advocating that he should be blocked due to him being a troll AT BEST" then yeah sure he is "fun"...
fart.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

And so it ends.
Duker wrote:
Ivy wrote:
thatguyif wrote:Did I miss some drama llama involving LUEsoldat? Did he get banned from here or something?
I don't think I've seen such utter contempt towards someone outside of identity politics nonsense.
Also, am I the only one who feels like Sylvie got a little shafted because raocow had so much trouble with the level?
nah he's just a fun guy. hasn't touched the talkhaus at all, i'm pretty sure
If by "fun" you mean "person with infuriatingly moronic opinions and is completely and utterly impossible to reason with and with plenty of people advocating that he should be blocked due to him being a troll AT BEST" then yeah sure he is "fun"...
thats whole sentence could have just said "troll" and you would have gotten your point across perfectly.
Image Image
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Mabel wrote:that whole sentence could have just said "troll" and you would have gotten your point across perfectly.
Exactly.

Not to parrot on an old saying, but you're pretty much giving everything LUEsoldat wants by being frustrated at him.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

feels weird to unsticky this thread, but, here we go.

you treated me well, yo.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

Gone, but never forgotten.

You were insane, MaGL X2. Its been fun.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Duker wrote:If by "fun" you mean "person with infuriatingly moronic opinions and is completely and utterly impossible to reason with and with plenty of people advocating that he should be blocked due to him being a troll AT BEST" then yeah sure he is "fun"...
He's hilarious to anyone who doesn't take him seriously. Which is what everyone should do because he's not actually trying to win arguments. As Jayoshi suggested, his entire goal is to piss people off and be an asshole so you're letting him win by getting frustrated with him.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Well today's episode was pretty g--

Oh :'(
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

final thread title: SMBX × SMW OTP
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Lυka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

caacx2 will be the maglx of 2016
"i like bugs"
t
naps
the plural of a nap
First name: TJ
Pronouns: she/they

Post by naps »

Learning-Timebuster wrote:caacx2 will be the maglx of 2016
if raocow ever LP'd caacx i would literally cry (mostly because my level submissions are so bad good)
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

naps wrote:
Learning-Timebuster wrote:caacx2 will be the maglx of 2016
if raocow ever LP'd caacx i would literally cry (mostly because my level submissions are so bad good)
Most of the levels for the current CAAC X have been really good so far. There's only two I thought were mediocre, the rest are quite intriguing. As an LP it might go a bit weirdly though.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Late to the party here, but I literally teared up when sylvie was revealed as a contributor and all the good feelings around that and raocow's reaction. Amazing end. Now let's never, ever do another 170 part series.

Also, Iso's level is still my favorite. I'm just a sucker for infanticide.
Imaynotbehere4long
Gone, but...yeah, pretty much forgotten.

Don't mind me; I'm just the guy who made the most hated thing in all of MaGL X2

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

Telamon wrote:Late to the party here
Seconded, except I ended up dropping off just after the SMBX relay level, so I have a bit to catch up on:

I'm disappointed that the Little Samson magician got the Foroze treatment (even if it was actually just a reference to the Kaizo contest and not my level) instead of people trying to deconstruct and improve its AI, but I guess that's just your way of saying that it was memorable (even if it wasn't memorable for the right reasons).

I'm also going to jump on the bandwagon of saying that Sturg's level was pretty good, but since everyone already said why it was good, I decided I'd voice my only complaint: the boss was just an SMB3 Bowser instead of a custom boss. Yes, the ground moves, and yes, having the player blocks at the bottom was pretty clever, but the differences are minor enough that they don't make the fight that much different from the same fight the SMBX community has seen time and time again, and it just seems like that part of the level didn't have as much thought put into it as the rest of the level did. And yes, I have the same issue with Castle of Reflection, except that one was worse since it was just the unaltered boss AI in a flat, empty room.

As for the Game Boy emulator, I'm surprised that it didn't have sound compatibility, especially since it was ported and not coded from scratch (I was even more surprised to hear a song from Popful Mail). Looks like Jesuiscontent will have to wait a while for that Lua-coded SNES emulator.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Re: Don't mind me; I'm just the guy who made the most hated thing in all of MaGL X2

Post by TaviTurnip »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote: I decided I'd voice my only complaint: the boss was just an SMB3 Bowser instead of a custom boss.
I'd rather have the vanilla bosses used in more clever, flavorfully-unique ways than most of what we saw in MaFAB (read: big event chains).

I'd also rather see more classic Mario bosses in SMBx 2.0, like the other Koopalings and SMB2 bosses, of course. It anyone ever found the time and love to do those and add them to the default boss options :P I am a dwindling fan of event chains and even I know that it's almost impossible to avoid that outside Lua, if you want something to get creative.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

Kinda adding to what Turnip said I'd love to see Mario Land 2 assets getting added to SMBX 2.0 bosses, enemies, tilesets, the bubbles that come out of the cow's nose! everything! We could really do with some cannon pigs.
:pal: Image :pal:

Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

...reserved
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

Blivsey wrote:...reserved
thread is locked with this post

Either way, next stream will also be at 6 pm est! Here's the archives of the last stream if you missed it -

0 - Attack of the Volume Mixer
1 - Rinkas, Umbra, and Greedy Castle
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Pyro wrote:thread is locked with this post
Doesn't feel terribly locked to me.
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Don't mind me; I'm just the guy who made the most hated thing in all of MaGL X2

Post by blue_kirby »

TaviTurnip wrote:
Imaynotbehere4long wrote:I'd also rather see more classic Mario bosses in SMBx 2.0, like the other Koopalings and SMB2 bosses, of course. It anyone ever found the time and love to do those and add them to the default boss options :P I am a dwindling fan of event chains and even I know that it's almost impossible to avoid that outside Lua, if you want something to get creative.
I vote for those along with any other enemies from SMB3/W that aren't in SMBX yet, including Mecha Koopas, Chargin' Chucks, Spikes, Buster Beetles, and others.
"That's embarrassing"
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

GUESTS: Pikabread, arabsalmon, sedron, bossedit8, sedron, TaviTurnip, qazcake, Duvi0, Ignoritus, Horikawa Otane

But don't forget sedron was there too.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I remember, that I added some secrets to the first hub early on, before Blivsey joined the development too, and helped me to make myself some better priorities. Originally each hub was supposed to have a secret NPC or something, but adding story stuff like that would have honestly been kind of out of place and unprofessional for a contest hub. You can still find some Mr. Saturns placed to those places though, and some of them even have something to say.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

nice to know that these streams coincide exactly with when I work
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Imaynotbehere4long
Gone, but...yeah, pretty much forgotten.

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

TaviTurnip wrote:
Imaynotbehere4long wrote: I decided I'd voice my only complaint: the boss was just an SMB3 Bowser instead of a custom boss.
I'd rather have the vanilla bosses used in more clever, flavorfully-unique ways than most of what we saw in MaFAB (read: big event chains).
To be fair, most of what we saw in MaFAB doesn't really fall under what I would consider a custom boss; they're more like survival rooms than bosses. When I think of a custom boss, I think of something similar to Marx in Amplitude Area or the magician in my own Little Ruins (or heck, even the CinematX-coded Uncle battles). They're more than just event chains; they use the engine's resources to create the illusion of a new boss AI.

Plus, my main complaint was that it wasn't unique enough to justify the use of a pre-programmed AI. Aside from the constant black/white motif, the ground moves a bit and there are a couple player-blocks at the bottom; that's it. That's not clever; that's barely one step beyond the already established and overused SMB3 Bowser fight.

P.S. blue_kirby, be sure to click "preview" to make sure you're quoting accurately.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026
S1eth

Post by S1eth »

Missed the stream, and of course, hitbox has no VODs.

If streams are going to be announced here on such a short notice, I think I'll just subscribe to this thread.