(shouting)

MaGL X2 - Cat Planet × Pokemon OTP

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Re: MaGL X2 - Talkhaus x Waluigi OTP

Post by TaviTurnip »

He did that during your level too, I was pretty sure it was wrong when I first heard it then too!

You need to not disappear though. That's my job.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

My section was yesterday. It was nice to see it as a part of larger level. It's almost like teamwork.

Also raocow speaking finnish was funny.
Last edited by Willhart 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan the Talkmaus
Unofficial Talkhaus Mascot

Post by Nathan the Talkmaus »

I should have joined but it's too late now. Good showing everyone.
Winner of the Horikawa Blessing 2015
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

rao passed by an invisible NPC, what did it say?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

I should also note that version of Tonight's Rainfall is also an arrangement.
https://soundcloud.com/mabei/tonights-rainfall

Btw I managed to beat the MAFAB Challenge mode, bandicam did not like that.

Will totally have a video up with that eventually.

Image Image
SpoonyBardOL

Post by SpoonyBardOL »

One thing I wanted to do on my screen was paste Waluigi's head on Peach's sprite and have the text be something like "Wah ha ha, Walu-Peachy time!", but I didn't have the time nor the heart to make that sprite sheet so you were all spared from it.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

oh man that was super neat

I thought it would've been super rad if the relay had been "phases" of one boss with kind of what Willhart did but honestly that was really fun to watch.

Also I wasn't too surprised to see "level" type stuff in the relay since the actual MaFaB entries had more than a couple of those.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Re: MaGL X2 - Novolin x Lollipop

Post by TaviTurnip »

Well that went really smoothly ;D

Anti-raogoggles inside, though I doubt it's necessary. You've been warned in case I annoy you.
No Lynch's section: This is actually my second favorite boss in the relay I think, because the actual gameplay part of it is really fun to me. It's really "easy" to defeat the sorceress because you can just spinjump on top of the Thwomps for permanent safety + they block the boss between them so there's no real danger during the spinning hat part. raocow chose not to use his resources to his advantage and so he died :P He also chose to jump on a spinning Koopaling which means you will get flung in a random direction because he's an idiot.

Fluffymeatloaf's section: This is my actual favorite part! It looks ridiculous at the start until you realize you can just jump spam the whole thing and there's literally no danger from the fireballs. I like it the most because I love the rapid jumping while you're in danger. It's a high-octane fun part for me because you still need to actually avoid the danger first.

RenaTurnip's section: wtf raocow you died to SMB1 Bowser you noob :( Also someone pointed out to me that you can throw Alier because she's a Snifit/Shyguy, I chose not to fix this because it's hilarious.

KingTwelveSixteen's section: wtf you beat this in one try holy shit

Other thoughts!
raocow's section: I thought you didn't know your own solution, but you found a better way than me. I totally dropped three shells onto the Boo (instead of throwing them) because I thought that was the solution :3 Swording was way smarter. I just didn't want to leave my boot.

Horikawa's section: I've never seen this before and it made me laugh. It was a pretty pure, simple challenge, but it was a pleasant ending versus all our craziness. Nice job :o

MECHDRAGON777's section: I actually liked this part at the time of the relay being made, but retrospectively I'm sad that it's a repeat + the general nature of how he does things. Still a cool obstacle on its own though.

Dog in Da Grass's section: You can sword the Groudon too, silly >:c Eevee makes a good blade.

Willhart's section: This is actually what I expected the boss relay to be like, short extensions of the original boss, which I think is what Mabel/people/others/I forget, presented the original idea as. I was a little sad that it ended up being "everyone does their own thing" instead, but the results weren't bad at all.

Was really glad to finally see this played <3 Everything was awesome.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

this music is still godlike thoooo

Image Image
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

My batafire was a completely lua-fied bully resprite which was sorta why it behaved really erratically yet true to the original Amazing Mirror boss fight. Also enjoyed how so many people after me added zbambabar in various parts. (also I didn't know batafire was going to show up in the maglx2 relay so now we have pretty much exhausted the joke unfortunately lol)

Anyway all the bosses were super great and this was a fun relay, awesome job everyone. I've been close to beat challenge mode a few times too hahah
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

The sheer amount of Batafire we've had since Truth Story is a little overwhelming xD I don't blame everyone for wanting to jump in on it, but man, it has been used a lot this past year.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Re: MaGL X2 - raocow X Bad rhymes OTP

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

...Goodron. GOODRON. You, raocow, have made a BEASTLY pronunciation of Groudon. That other name harkens back to Salamance. Both are from the 3rd generation.

should we unleash the goomy meme on raocow next year?

Alright, let's cover this boss relay.

Boss relay with an overly long name that is also nonsense: Various authors

Hah,, the wizard came back. There's a ton of cool sections in this level!
Dragon Fogel's section is great... Though I'm pretty sure Dog in Da Grass's section is my favorite.

Groudon arm flailing never gets old. Especially when being taken down by a tiny fox.

8 Birdos aren't exactly a request of a sadist. 8 Warts, however....

Really good job, everyone. There was hardly a weak section in here!
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I think some of those batafires were inspired by the original game too.
Sniggerb0bble
These arms ain't ever going down.

Post by Sniggerb0bble »

I kept myself blind to the MaFAB relay shenanigans, so it was nice to see how well it turned out! Very polished, well-designed throughout and with no-one hogging the limelight, excellent job everyone~
FluffyMeatloaf
a delectable bean burrito

Post by FluffyMeatloaf »

And somehow the thumbnail is the sandwich.

Ooh, Ogre Trainee War. What Be Saloon's Stage Babe? Mah General Quarry Boy Gluing No Bloop Birds.
Let the MaFAB rush begin, eh? (and that name is still great)

MABEL - A hectic way to get things going with the wizard, though raocow handles it waaay better than I would when testing this, ha. It can get pretty speedy.
WILLHART - The vertical loop around is pretty cool when going against the wizard clones. Chestnut monsters indeed.
FFR - A sort of 'quickly diffuse the bomb' thing, only trying to hit the right enemy to open the way before getting smooshed. Spiffy.
HOLY - This is still pretty funny, even if I don't completely get it. Gets fairly crazy with the Rinka if you aren't hasty. Does this captain dude really deserve getting shattered by lollipops?
DOG IN DA GRASS - Really neat resprites at work, and it's kinda funny how Duke the replicating Eevee also doubles as a consumable. (my preferred method for this section was just swording / Duking Groudon with Duke)
raocow - The music here is hilarious. Also, I thought you were supposed to let the shells drop on the Big Boo after hitting the blocks... way to make things harder, huh?
7NAMESAM - The change to the lotuses' fireballs is really neat to me, even if it does make dodging a bit nutty with Mariboom and Rinka involved.
ZYGLROX ODYSSEY - The anti-puzzle is still funny, especially if you take the time to think it through before discovering what the p-switch does.
DRAGON FOGEL - It's certainly fitting, ha. I like how the one Lakitu is pointlessly throwing Rinka off screen.
REDNAXELA - The Rezboo carousel is a bit tricky. (is for me, at least) Pretty fancy, though, and requires a bit of restraint so you don't get fireball'd.
MAIKU WOTAHARU - I gotta wonder if it's possible to beat the Birdos before the joke kicks in? Might make for a speedrun bit. Funny, also.
NO LYNCH - Oh noes, attack of the avatar! (I think?) I still don't think I understand what's going on, but it does make for a challenging Koopaling fight with the Thwomps being in just the right spots for a sideways bounce off a shell to get you in trouble.
FLUFFYMEATLOAF -
FrozenQuills wrote:
(you climb and then you eat a nasty sandwich)

RENATURNIP - Really nice resprites at hand. I like how the one on the left attacks, even if she is kinda flaky as far as defenses go.
FROZENQUILLS - A challenging looking bouncy bit. Kinda reminds me of Kracko's first phase from Kirby's Adventure... which I guess goes well since Batafire's here, ha. Zambabar (sp???) to the rescue, also.
SEDRON - Funny ghost sportsing, yo.
WEIRD GOONIE - Tough battle in boss disposal place. The puzzle element's cool, and I wasn't actually aware they could be beat with the cannon alone. (thought they had endless health or something, ha)
MECHDRAGON777 - The lasers get pretty fast and dense, but at least they aren't instant death... unless you get crushed by one :P
GALAXYOFJ - Gotta fight the tide of shells! I kinda like that, though it looks to be something no-hit run folks might not enjoy, ha.
KINGTWELVESIXTEEN - There are bosses that require some trickery before you can clobber them. The mini-challenges presented here seem nice, and the keys you're given can probably be used to work around some of the hazards. (like placing one on the spikes as a temporary platform) [ispoiler]I do recall this screen initially being a bit infamous in the discussion, but I suppose it goes without saying by this point that all bosses were balanced where needed.[/ispoiler]
MINNAKHT - Kinda crazy remembering how the Super Meatboy LP was going on around the time, ha. This can be pretty tough, but the harshness lessens as you get a grip of the course.
SHINODA - Ehheh heh heh.
HOELOE - Thanks for the assist, Hoeloe.
HORIKAWA OTANE - Whoa, cool numbers. Also posteriors and flatulence and spaghetti-os. The periodic replenishment of health is also pretty nice.

Hope I didn't miss any folks! That went pretty darn well, though, I think. Great going everyone on the relays. These collaborative efforts can be really awesome.
Shinoda

Post by Shinoda »

raocow wrote: Oh man, these characters! That's a little out of date!
Blame the lack of Cortex episodes (and Dito's life keeping the episodes away from us!) and the fact that it's been more than half a year since then. Worse thing is, I submitted the section not long before the Boolina/George transition.
Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by blue_kirby »

A lot of memorable parts, including the Zbambabars attacking, Groudon throwing rocks, and the Batafire boss battles. This was an interesting concept for a relay level and it turned out to be great! :D

I wonder who's gonna try and do the Challenge Mode for it though ...

Anyhow I felt like we got trolled at the end ... but I seriously wonder what's left of MAGLX2 ... that small island ... floating rock ... thing ... doesn't look like it has anything else other than that lone Toad, a sign, and a block.
"That's embarrassing"
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

SOON...

I will finally make my grand reappearance! (Probably.)
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I made my boss very early so that I would not have to wait for my turn later. Did not make anything too complex this time. I liked the idea of jumping on enemies on screenwrap.

The music at the end is awesome, and I really like a lot of these graphics replacement and ideas.

The tabletop section might be one of my favorites though.
Shinoda

Post by Shinoda »

Willhart wrote: The tabletop section might be one of my favorites though.
It was really simple to make. Thought it'd be funny for those of us who listens to the Cortex episodes.
Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

When are we getting Emrakul. I'm offended.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

y'see, ghosts are like jello puddin'
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
momo

Post by momo »

thank god it's almost over
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

shameless self promotion explaining my mafab relay screen:

Finally got a chance to get back to the computer and binge on the past couple of the MAGLX2 videos!
Smbx forums relay was a mess >3> I loved the talkhaus one and it was even super fun to help test and play it before it was released, same goes for the MaFAB relay, super fun to play and super fun to watch!
Glad everyone took my screens so well

I loved the microphone and the running Serak gag thought the Talkhaus relay and the catbatcatfirecatbatcat is still great
I liked horikawa's screen for the boss rush, it was the only one I haven't seen yet and still the whole relay had me laughing!
:pal: Image :pal: