(shouting)

MaGL X2 - Cat Planet × Pokemon OTP

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
CloudyCloud

Re: MaGL X2 - Horikawa x LunaLua OTP

Post by CloudyCloud »

N
Ninja Bomberman...

It is unexpected, but the concept looks unique from merely 1 minute of watching + surfing forum.(Well, I come to forum, wanting to complain how the hint of "N" is correct but not helping, but then I forgot after I read stuff here.)
CloudyCloud

Post by CloudyCloud »

Then maybe tomorrow is Ness and Kirby

If horikawa's hint is to be believed after having some tweak...

Man: Ness and Kirby are both male(I remember Kirby to be male also), but Ness is just as young as boy while Kirby is not even human to be called as man.

(Actually I just want to see how Ness can be made in SMBX.)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

CloudyCloud wrote:Then maybe tomorrow is Ness and Kirby

If horikawa's hint is to be believed after having some tweak...

Man: Ness and Kirby are both male(I remember Kirby to be male also), but Ness is just as young as boy while Kirby is not even human to be called as man.

(Actually I just want to see how Ness can be made in SMBX.)
I assume that he'd be based off of Luigi's coding to give him a floaty double jump, and take heavy inspiration from his Super Smash Bros. incarnations.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

I hope Kirby is revealed, as I want to see what could be done with him
He could act like a Yoshi, where instead of getting special power from eating certain shells, he gets power-ups, like eating a red get him a fire flower, while eating blue gets him and ice flower, or eating a yellow gives him a leaf, or eating green gives him a mushroom. Anything else, he would just eat. In order to get hammer + tanooki, those would have to be power-ups from blocks. He should have a double jump by default, any other power-up should give him an extra jump, and the Hammer + Tanooki should give him 4 jumps.
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

C'mon, Shulk and Pac-man.
Friendly Dictator
rad

Post by Friendly Dictator »

kirby and megaman? they both copy abilities, so they're sort of similar
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Reminder to everyone that being in Smash could mean anything from a playable character to a sticker from Brawl!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Horikawa did say more than that about it, and raocow didn't make any hint about her being deceptive about it.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

TaviTurnip wrote:Horikawa did say more than that about it, and raocow didn't make any hint about her being deceptive about it.
It's still possible for a "big name" to be relegated to a sticker.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Oh man it's Ninja Bomberman. It seems a bit weird that he can't actually throw bombs without the hammer suit, but he would be pretty overpowered if he could throw bombs without a powerup. Dropping bombs onto enemies looked interesting. Especially in the room with the key where you had to do it without falling.

Now to guess the characters appearing in the next video. Considering the clues Horikawa gave, I'm going to guess Fox and Captain Falcon, based on one of the endings of Star Fox Command where Fox enters the G-Zero Grand Prix.

churine
Pronouns: she/her

Post by churine »

Horikawa means a MAN, and clearly there's one smash character that is the manliest of them all
Imageド ド ド ド
momo

Post by momo »

Napoleon Dynamite
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

churine wrote:Horikawa means a MAN, and clearly there's one smash character that is the manliest of them all
Imageド ド ド ド
それは私の先輩です
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Horikawa Otane wrote:also, I SUSPECT we'll be revealing two characters tomorrow.... Both in Smash, both men, and both similar narratively I guess haha.
Obviously Rayman next Just kidding, it would be something as obscure as Shiba Inu, obviously.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Captain Falcon? :P

Also I should have guessed Ninja Baseball Batman for todays but oh well.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

finally

now give me a spring mushroom within the hour *cracks whip*
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Classtoise »

Horikawa Otane wrote:also, I SUSPECT we'll be revealing two characters tomorrow.... Both in Smash, both men, and both similar narratively I guess haha.
Since we already got a stealth character, I'll guess Snake is out :P

Hmm...I'd say Mega Man and Ness. Ness is young, but "man" still counts (He's a male!). Mega Man...well it's in his NAME.

Narrative similarity? Mega Man is a series about a young man who goes on a journey to 8 places, using a variety of powers (elementally themed) to fight evil that wants to take over because ???.

Earthbound is a series about a young man who goes on a journey to 8 places, using a variety of powers (also elemental!) to fight evil that wants to take over because ???
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!

Post by blue_kirby »

Along with Snake and Cloud, this is everyone that Horikawa could be referring to tomorrow unless if it's outside of character confirmations (WFT can be a male).

"That's embarrassing"
Classtoise

Post by Classtoise »

blue_kirby wrote:(WFT can be a male).
Like hell she can!

Waifu Trainer is always a lady :geek:
Penguinator44
Long time listener, first time caller

Post by Penguinator44 »

blue_kirby wrote:Along with Snake and Cloud, this is everyone that Horikawa could be referring to tomorrow unless if it's outside of character confirmations (WFT can be a male).
Unless she's messing with us

Nah it's probably Megaman and Pacman given her hint

Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

blue_kirby wrote:Along with Snake and Cloud, this is everyone that Horikawa could be referring to tomorrow unless if it's outside of character confirmations (WFT can be a male).

Wait Jigglypuff is a male
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

Slimeman01 wrote:Wait Jigglypuff is a male
The pokémon species can be.
Classtoise

Post by Classtoise »

I feel like "Wii Fit Trainer and Jigglypuff can be male" thing is kind of disregarding the "her claim is accurate" like raocow said.
Lejes
https://lejes.talkhaus.com/

Post by Lejes »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Yeah so by popular request, a working Starman. Click the link below to see.

Watch it here yo

Its features are as follows:
  • Custom gfx Support
    Flexible NPC Replacement (to use a Starman you MUST sacrifice an NPC, but you can pick it basically)
    Customiseable Starman jingle (with automatically adjusting starman invincibility length)
    Starman saves across player switching (ie if you switch to Luigi, you keep the starman)
(Sparkes have been added during star mode, but aren't in the video because I forgot haha)

(I also have combos working now)
Do you have the lua code for that posted anywhere yet? I had to drop a few key features from the starman in my MAGL X2 level because I was having trouble with manipulating specific NPCs (as opposed to every one of a given type). It's also interesting that you seem to have the correct death animations for all the enemies now. Was that something you had to go through and set manually for every enemy type, or is there an updated kill() function that does it now?
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Yeah so by popular request, a working Starman. Click the link below to see.

Watch it here yo

Its features are as follows:
  • Custom gfx Support
    Flexible NPC Replacement (to use a Starman you MUST sacrifice an NPC, but you can pick it basically)
    Customiseable Starman jingle (with automatically adjusting starman invincibility length)
    Starman saves across player switching (ie if you switch to Luigi, you keep the starman)
(Sparkes have been added during star mode, but aren't in the video because I forgot haha)

(I also have combos working now)
This is really cool. I do have a minor nitpick, though: is it possible to make an option for the starman music to not loop as you get consecutive starmen? (Also a request to add some Paper Mario music in, because if what level I think is coming tomorrow happens... it's going to be very neat to have some fitting music on hand)
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)