(shouting)

MaGL X2 - Cat Planet × Pokemon OTP

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Kil

Re: MaGL X2 - LunaDLL x Rinkas OTP

Post by Kil »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:
Kil wrote:The shop is closed because I ran out of sections.
*AHEM*
[attachment=0]lunatower.png[/attachment]

Why can't that work?
Because I need shop music, and that level is even older than a2mbxt so the technology to have tons of music wasn't ready.
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Imipolex G
very dairy
Pronouns: any

Post by Imipolex G »

either Luna Tower II or Toad Man
Nathan the Talkmaus
Unofficial Talkhaus Mascot

Post by Nathan the Talkmaus »

Toad Man all the way!
Winner of the Horikawa Blessing 2015
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I personally thought that the Toad Man was more funny to play, but the Luna tower like level was way higher in terms of raw quality and work put into making it. I'll go with the first one as my favorite though, thanks to the secret exit.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

toad man kero~
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Re: MaGL X2 - LunaDLL, Tower of Pretentiousness

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

My favorite's definitely Toad Man.

Not a good day earlier. But I feel better now. Have a brief review.

Kil: A Metroidvania Which Absuses LunaDLL Heavily

It's exactly as advertised... The main difficulty is from being so insufferably long. But it's really neat, so I won't hold that against it. The jokes were quite funny.
...Unlike the one I'm about to make. To get that first item... you have to kil(la kil) yourself. I have slight problems with it, but then again.... it's not too necessary. The Luna technology was really good, too. (Though that's to be expected from the creator...)

...Yeah, I don't have much more to say. Mind's just blank right now. Great job, Kil.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

My only comment on today's level is that 'art' should only replace 'are' if it's being used in the second person.

It's strange what bugs me.
FluffyMeatloaf
a delectable bean burrito

Post by FluffyMeatloaf »

Horikawa Otane wrote:So what is everyone's favourite tier one level?
I think I'm gonna go with Toad Man, too. Tier 1 has a lot of cool stuff going for it, though, and a lot of it seems like first time stuff as well, which is neat.
Quill

Post by Quill »

Rinkas are the most fascinating creatures to ever exist. Look at that automatic generation of nuclear energy. The rinkas are here to save us from eternal damnation. Join Rinkaism and be gifted by our god, the Ultimate Rinka. Otherwise, face the wrath of the anti-rinka; the one who uses Rinkas for evil. mechdragonsevensevenseven.
Kil

Re: MaGL X2 - LunaDLL, Tower of Pretentiousness

Post by Kil »

Zephyr_DragonLord wrote:My favorite's definitely Toad Man.

Not a good day earlier. But I feel better now. Have a brief review.

Kil: A Metroidvania Which Absuses LunaDLL Heavily

It's exactly as advertised... The main difficulty is from being so insufferably long. But it's really neat, so I won't hold that against it. The jokes were quite funny.
...Unlike the one I'm about to make. To get that first item... you have to kil(la kil) yourself. I have slight problems with it, but then again.... it's not too necessary. The Luna technology was really good, too. (Though that's to be expected from the creator...)

...Yeah, I don't have much more to say. Mind's just blank right now. Great job, Kil.
You can actually pick that up and run out super quickly and not get trapped! But chances of anyone doing that first try are tiny.
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
ravegg

Post by ravegg »

The post game levels are a lot of fun, it's nice not having the pressure of a contest anymore. Though a lot of these levels could stand their ground in an actual contest! Curious who the rest of post game world will have, it's always fun recognizing faces.
I make puzzles for games sometimes check em -> Steam Workshop
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

My guess for a theme is "people who make rao remixes or fan animations"
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by 128-Up »

So RoahmMythril just released a developer commentary for the "Toad Man" stage if you want to watch it:

If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Post by QubicTom »

128-Up wrote:RoahmMythril just released a developer commentary for the "Toad Man" stage
Thank you for pointing it out!! I'm not subscribed to the guy, honestly didn't know about him, but I'll check out his other videos too :D
FluffyMeatloaf
a delectable bean burrito

Post by FluffyMeatloaf »

A GOOD STAGE BY A BAD PERSON
I remember that game, too. It's a fun looking game. The stage is pretty straightforward, but there's something about it I really like but can't exactly pinpoint? The vine climb at the start where the piranha plant can interfere with the paratroopa a bit is pretty neat, if a bit dense as things escalate.

Circuit Mario
I also remember this game, and I suppose he did create that guy, too, ha. This is really awesome use of vanilla graphics to recreate this stage, though, kinda amazed at how well the combinations work. Some challenging enemy placement as well.

Zephyr's Sillyness
Another game I remember (watching). The level does look a bit tough in spots, (although couldn't you make that jump at the end of the lava ride by getting a running start on the raft before it breaks up? I'm not the one playing, though) but has some funny details here and there, like the heart of sparks. The sky maze is also entertaining.

Tier 2 gets a cool start. Also feels like the first three-leveler there's been in a while, yo.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

FluffyMeatloaf wrote:(although couldn't you make that jump at the end of the lava ride by getting a running start on the raft before it breaks up? I'm not the one playing, though)
That was my exact thought. Should be possible with SMBX's momentum. Or he just could have jumped earlier like the times he actually landed the jump, lol.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Re: MaGL X2 - Vanilla x Video Games OTP

Post by Willhart »

That was one more level than I expected so see today. It's neat to see how much variety there is between the design of the levels made by different level makers.
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

If Pneophen didn't make a level I will be disappointed.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: MaGL X2 - Horikawa x Updating the Thread OTP

Post by SAJewers »

SAJewers wrote:
raocow wrote:
do you want me to make a formal calls-to-arms / level request video of some kind ?
Sure, but maybe not right now. Let's clear out some of the queue first. By then, we'll probably know what themes we'll need for levels, and we can specifically ask for those types of levels.

Maybe mention in an upcoming video that we'll need people to help review levels.[/quote]
If you wanted to do a video, anytime now would be a good time.

Maybe do a separate one for MAGL:LL too since they need one as well.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Wonder if that dude who made Apocalypse of Foroze will submit a level...
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by blue_kirby »

Well that's an interesting twist. Circuit Mario looked like a VERY fun level to play. I'm kinda curious how other Mega Man levels would translate to a vanilla-ish SMB3/World level. It felt both like a Mario and Mega Man game at the same time, which was great for something like that.

Soon ... the "Developers" tier ...

Last edited by blue_kirby 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"That's embarrassing"
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

gee whiz the cat planet guy/gal prediction that i made might be true!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

Grounder wrote:gee whiz the cat planet guy/gal prediction that i made might be true!
As soon as I saw the theme for this row, my mind immediately came to this prediction.

Who has the most?
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Hmm... who to expect. The guys behind Copy Kitty, for sure. Maybe someone from Desunoya.

I doubt Matt Thorson, since he already made a whole SMBX episode that was LP'd by raocow.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

Kil wrote:
You can actually pick that up and run out super quickly and not get trapped! But chances of anyone doing that first try are tiny.
That's very thoughtful, and means a no-death 100% playthrough is possible. That's very nice!

Since raocow shared that information today.... I should say a possible reason Proton Jon couldn't respond.
He was simply very busy with conventions/moving at the time. He might hve enough time now, but it's likely too late at this point...

Alright, so we have more levels. That's pretty nice.

Chris: A GOOD LEVEL BY A BAD PERSON

Ah... don't say that about yourself! I'm sure you're a fine person... That level was short and sweet. The beginning part may actually be the most solid section in here, which is rather odd... Well, thanks for making this!

GoldwaterDLS: Circuit Mario

This is very nice. You managed to recreate the intro level from Rock Force using only vanilla graphics. Those segmented pipes gives off a distinctly futuristic look. The only thing that would benefit greatly from custom magic is the boss. But the level doesn't lose much anyways. Great job!

ZephyrBurst: Zephyr's Silliness

I forgot you made the Distorted Travesty games! Well, good to see you made something! This level was quite silly.... and also somewhat difficult. I'm okay with that, though. I loved the various gags with the signs. Thanks for making this, and I am also looking forward to seeing Distorted Travesty 3!

...Maybe the creator of Drama Mistery will show up..?

I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)