(shouting)

MaGL X2 - Cat Planet × Pokemon OTP

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Sebby19

Re: MaGL X2 - LUESoldat x Emotion OTP

Post by Sebby19 »

(sigh)

raocow, raocow, raocow... I'm going to put this in big text so you remember:

If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard

Please don't blame the engine, its your controlle'rs fault. Remember when you had so much trouble staying on vines? Same issue.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up,
One, I'm sure he didn't need the big text to notice it.

Two, he probably shouldn't be throwing up all over his keyboard. Or his controller, for that matter. If his life really depends on it, he probably has at least a trash can nearby when he's recording.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

All these puns around throwing up are gonna stick around for a while aren't they...
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

if your life depends on throwing up, go see a doctor because that sounds horrible
:nb_pride:
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

If your life depends on throwing up, ignore it and SNIPE THE 5000th POST
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

raocow should at least consider looking at the horizon for his nausea rather than a computer screen.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
FusionWarrior
Super Sayian Mewtwo Genetic Freak
First name: Jon
Pronouns: Anything Goes

Post by FusionWarrior »

FrozenQuills wrote:All these puns around throwing up are gonna stick around for a while aren't they...
Stick around like the smell of sick, it will.
ImageImage
raocow wrote:dragon ain't having any of my frosted flakes, that's how I feel
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

...I'd like to throw up an idea to this place completely out of the blue, since I don't know where these sort of proposals could go.
How about a place to wax philosophical? It would probably be at home at the gazebo...
(...The keyboard is actually good as a control function..? I thought it was just raocow having issues with the stick...)
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

Oh wow, I... really didn't expect this level to make it this far, despite the fact I kind of ran out of time to make a larger level idea that I originally wanted, so I essentially made this little mini-game like thing and tested the hell out of it. I did test it with a keyboard, so any sort of "oh hey throw up" sections can be blamed on that, otherwise the whole idea was to serve as a bit of a puzzle, to try to get the player to figure out how to make it easier on themselves to survive without either getting themselves killed, or without killing the Dry Bones. There is somewhat of an intended solution, and the idea was for the player to figure that out through trial and error. Even then, I didn't exactly make it easy, and I had to test it repeatedly to see how long each section would be without making it too long and boring, and without making it too insane and crazy. It was originally going to be longer, but I nerfed it quite a bit to what got put into the final product. Still, sorry again for making yet another hard thing, I hoped this time around it'd be much easier than my trainwreck from last year. :'D

...Granted based on the video, I'm almost positive I made it too hard again. Sorry about that raocow. X_X;
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!

...But you DID make it fair, and that's to be admired. I don't know if raocow's the best standard when designing a level in mind. ...Though, based on the judge's comments, you might have overdone the difficulty a bit. It's hard to properly judge a level's difficulty, but you did a fine job, I think.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I think the main issues are the Lakitu and that final shell. Heck, even the Lakitu might not be so bad if he were throwing something less chaotic than Spiny Eggs. Bombs come to mind; I'm not sure if those destroy inert Dry Bones, but if they did they'd be perfect.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Gezo24

Post by Gezo24 »

Zephyr_DragonLord wrote:I don't know if raocow's the best standard when designing a level in mind.
I've watched raocow play SMBX more than Ive ever played or ever will play it. His opinions on what makes a level good are really all I have to go on aside my own. Thats how I designed my level for the first MaglX. And maybe this one I dont even remember its all a blur.
Fawriel

Post by Fawriel »

Alice wrote:
Fawriel wrote:You take part in a contest where the reward is that a dude's going to play it while a couple thousand people watch because you want to be appreciated.
Speak for yourself. My motivation had literally nothing to do with that. It was as simple as I wanted to see what kind of level I could come up with and see what others thought of it.
Sorry for the late response! I just wanted to say, I did overly simplify things in my post back then. "Appreciation" is too narrow, but I will say that almost any reason someone could have to join a contest like this ultimately boils down to something socially motivated, because it is a social event. Like, "i want to see what others think" isn't the same as "I want (my work) to be appreciated", but you're still looking forward to people's reactions, and if you wanted to do it for the level-making practice, that's still practice in doing something that is to be enjoyed by other people, and even if you just used the contest as an excuse to motivate yourself, see above for how a contest like this is a social event! I think the only reason someone could have to join that has absolutely nothing to do with something social is sheer material gain, and, like, $20 is a pretty terrible hourly rate for the amount of time the first place winner will inevitably have spent on it! (I guess you could consider it a step towards becoming a big-name creator? Somehow?!)
... but that's all just babbling, the point I wanted to make is that I find it silly to blame someone for "attention-whoring" when attention is likely the reason anyone joined in the first place. It's only a problem when you're trying to take attention away from someone else... which was never my intention. When I posted those screenshots, it was to show that it would've taken maybe like two minutes to show everything that was missing, say "welp" and be done with it.

But yeah, anyway!

Apparently I have some sort of Sagume-style fate-altering powers because right when I complained about the levels, things really started picking up!

@Snowy place: I enjoyed that one... until things started getting weird. I get the impression that the creator was pretty young, which would make this pretty impressive. I found it a little strange how negative some people seemed to be about that polished sort of SMBX-community style... I mean, when something feels "produced", that's bad because it seems like mass-produced popular genre stuff, right? But when a complete amateur manages to produce something with that level of polish... I dunno, it doesn't seem like a bad thing? Kind of like learning the basics in drawing and sticking to a safe style until you're good enough to get a little crazier.

... aaaaaaaand friggin hell I've gotta run
more level thoughts later
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!

Gezo24 wrote: I've watched raocow play SMBX more than Ive ever played or ever will play it. His opinions on what makes a level good are really all I have to go on aside my own. Thats how I designed my level for the first MaglX. And maybe this one I dont even remember its all a blur.
There's certainly worse choices out there. And considering your level hasn't been seen yet, at least two of the judges really liked it, too.
My previous words were based off the fact that raocow has more trouble with shells than most people...
I prefer to use my base Mario experience for levels, for while each game alone do not model SMBX, together, everything starts to make relative sense..

Yet we all likely have weaknesses in regard to Mario games and whatnot. (Mine is anything momentum-based....) There's no true average here, so in the end, following raocow's guidelines are justified.
(It was about time)
WasabiJellyfish

Post by WasabiJellyfish »

This secret star was amazing oh my god! Good job guy.

Also I really liked the Dry Bones level, it looked really fun and honestly not that challenging, I don't quite understand raocow's trouble with it.
FluffyMeatloaf
a delectable bean burrito

Post by FluffyMeatloaf »

Dr. Mario and Zelda Meet at Last
And Link was there, too. A cool level with a funny little story and puzzle-y second star, though Link does seem the better option of the two aside from his recoil on taking damage. I like the sprite changes.

These one level episodes always seem to go by kinda fast. Cool to see the health bar from that boss fight in action, though.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!

Re: MaGL X2 - Wow, that's quite an aim there, Monster Douglas.

I've said my peace earlier. This space is for the level involved.

KillScreen256: Dr. Mario and Zelda Meet at Last

First of all... YOUR'E GANNON-BANNED.
...Seriously now, this was a good level. Those Octoroks were unusually tough for Mario, but that does not detract from the solidness of this level. You made it good for both characters to go through, put in a nice and challenging boss, and made a great secret star, along with nice music and background choices... what more could you possibly ask for in a basic level?
(It was about time)
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

hey raocow raocow

did you

try and spin jump on the spiny enemies?!?

did ya?

did ya?
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

considering I barely even remembered those where there, I don't think they qualify as being particularily in the way or anything
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

raocow wrote:considering I barely even remembered those where there, I don't think they qualify as being particularily in the way or anything
I think he means that the boss fight could have been easier, if you bounced on those spiky enemies. It'd make it easier to guide the boss to the hole. I was actually wondering, if you had forgotten that move or something.

This level was very nice. I found the two first secrets early, and the fire flower one took a while. I did not see much to complain.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

raocow wrote:considering I barely even remembered those where there, I don't think they qualify as being particularily in the way or anything
yeah you were like being chicken around them for no reason at all
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Veruchai
Theoretically invisible

Post by Veruchai »

Question:
Could you go in the moat without going on the cliff?
And could you go in the flower witout going in the moat?
Most importantly was the star in the block without going in the flower?

I like the progression of there not being a secret star.. promise.. for real... ok fine.
WasabiJellyfish

Post by WasabiJellyfish »

Veruchai wrote:Question:
Could you go in the moat without going on the cliff?
And could you go in the flower witout going in the moat?
Most importantly was the star in the block without going in the flower?

I like the progression of there not being a secret star.. promise.. for real... ok fine.
Nah that's why the toad disappears, I think they're completely separate individual rooms. Like there's [Outside the Castle] and [Outside the Castle after hill].
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

I like to think that Zelda woke up in fear of having to eat holy water, and Mario didn't use the pill at all.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage