(shouting)

MaGL X2 - Cat Planet × Pokemon OTP

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
cheez8
Food Nut

Re: MaGL X2 - What's Your Favourite Flavour of Acid? Mine's Chocolate!

Post by cheez8 »

Y'know, I can't tell why, but just seeing that there was some sort of commitment involved in that last level's creation makes me feel a lot less disgruntled about it somehow. And kind of some sense of respect, I think, in a weird way?

I dunno, but I guess having that background info sort of helps!
I don't really get it but okay
Kukironosuke
You can call me Kuki
First name: Travis
Pronouns: he/him/kirbys

Re: MaGL X2 - What's Your Favourite Flavour of Acid?

Post by Kukironosuke »

i really liked the bank level
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by blue_kirby »

Daily Retrospective
260th - concrocotta: 'Have Some Monty Mole' - Could've had far more Monty Moles, and it could've easily been called "Enemy Spam: The Level". Agree with Horikawa's comment about the pipe plant. I know a few fun Mega Mole level ideas though.

259th - waffledoctor87: 'Behold, There Is a Bank I Deserve!' - Life Farming!!!!!!!!!!

258th - SLIME MINISTER: 'Hey Everybody, This Is Toad and I'm Playing the Latest Romhack 'Unbecoming Link!'' - Is it a trend to take serious acid when making a Zelda related level?
Last edited by blue_kirby 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"That's embarrassing"
GalaxyOfJ
The Mysterious Stranger Except Incompetent

Post by GalaxyOfJ »

Today's video taught me a valuable lesson:

It's not about winning, it's about getting some text from your level to be the video title

And drugs. This video also taught me drugs
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Learning-Timebuster wrote:I was told that fanart just goes here

It's Satan from Hey Everybody, This is Toad and I'm Playing the Latest Romhack 'Unbecoming Link'! The Greatest Revolution in SMBX Level Design Has Been My Use of Piranga Plant in this Typical Canada Level Right Now. My Handling of Blurp in the Massive Keep is Simply Art. You Just Don't Get It. There's Just Enough Gigantic Creepy Banzai Bills. I Guess Satan is Colour Blind. Also, double spoilers yeah!

...tbh I'm kinda tempted to keep postponing submitting the train to Horikawa so I can include any surprises like this that pop up. then again, I'm running out of space and I'm sure there's going to be a point where the thing exceeds some filesize or width limit so I can't just keep adding cars forever...
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

I'm not sure whether to like or dislike the sound of that laugh.
Shinoda

Post by Shinoda »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
ha

ha

ha

ha
Rednaxela wrote:I'm not sure whether to like or dislike the sound of that laugh.

Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage
KayhemMaus
I keep breaking my face on SMBX
First name: KM
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by KayhemMaus »

Commentary, Day 4
260th, concrotta: Have Some Monty Mole - It was difficultish but it was nice to have some actual level content foe what there was of it!

259th, waffledoctor87: Behold, There Is a Bank, I Deserve! - Life Farms never looked so good when those leafs were floating down. Such a pretty pattern. Otherwise... eh. It was another on of those level levels.

258th, Slime Monster: Hey Everybody, This Is Toad and I'm Playing the Latest Romhack 'Unbecoming Link!' - ...I wonder when the joke levels that aren't good looking or all that playable are really going to end. Because this thing looked... pretty awful.
I'm confused, though. The opening thing DID say there was only one boss in Verdant Avenue, right?
Last edited by KayhemMaus 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
nyoro~n n~yoron

I love it
Animita
Pronouns: Him/Her

Post by Animita »

KayhemMaus wrote: I'm confused, though. The opening thing DID say there was only one boss in Verdant Avenue, right?

Yeah but maybe the finale level of avenue is more bang than the boss?

Also unsure of what to put in spoilers yay!

Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

kayhem why would you steal what i said about have some monty mole literally verbatim ;-;
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
Nathan the Talkmaus
Unofficial Talkhaus Mascot

Post by Nathan the Talkmaus »

So that's three acid levels so far (Take One Toad By Mouth quite literally, the other two actual levels).
Winner of the Horikawa Blessing 2015
Pheonix
still the harpy guy

Post by Pheonix »

The bits of level made up of stretched up zelda 1 link graphics were a bit disturbing... but yeah, beyond that, today was pretty well into 'eh' territory.

Guess that's a good thing? Hopefully the levels start getting passable soon.
pheonix/feenicks/ffeenicxkcs
https://twitter.com/ffeenixcks
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

oh man look at that pikabread always doing these things
have some monty mole - more like have some enemy spam amirite up top

like horikawa said this level would've been super fun if you turned it into a 'destroy everything!!' level by adding some ridiculous powerups while riding mega mole

behold! there is a bank I deserve! - this level made me way happier than it should have. I'm kind of sad that I'm doomed to forget about it

hey everybody, this is toad and I'm playing the latest romhack "unbecoming link!" - uh, sure
I really have nothing to say about that last level. I guess like horikawa said it accomplished what it wanted to, if that was to utterly baffle me
KayhemMaus
I keep breaking my face on SMBX
First name: KM
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by KayhemMaus »

Reecer7 wrote:kayhem why would you steal what i said about have some monty mole literally verbatim ;-;
lmao I copied your post for the level names and forgot to change the text on it, sorry bud!

My ACTUAL opinion:
Monty Mole was difficultish but it was nice to have some actual level content!
Sorry again man, I musta spaced out on that level.
nyoro~n n~yoron

I love it
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Despite being entertaining I really hope we reach real levels soon - that aren't great in any sense but at least tried to be Levels. Like that mole Level.... then again I honestly fear that some of the real Levels in this low tier are too frustratingly hard (which made them rank in These lower tiers in the end). Like lots of angrycow Levels.... um, Horikawa? Should we be worried?
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
7TC7
Squanshy Cat
Pronouns: he

Post by 7TC7 »

That leaf fountain in the bank. If it would have been resprited to paper money and made friendly and put all over the level... That could have been great! Just thinking about it let's me hear the sound from Luigi's Mansion, when lot's of money shoots out of random drawers.
Meet me at YouTube and watch Touhou stuff!
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Lυka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

GalaxyOfJ wrote:Today's video taught me a valuable lesson:

It's not about winning, it's about getting some text from your level to be the video title

And drugs. This video also taught me drugs
are you implying that i won
"i like bugs"
t
Lejes
https://lejes.talkhaus.com/

Post by Lejes »

The best song from the best Final Fantasy game was the real winner of today's video. As for the contest as a whole, Soldexus will win first place obviously.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

Yup, that bank level happened alright.
KayhemMaus wrote:Commentary, Day 4
260th, concrotta: Have Some Monty Mole - It was difficultish but it was nice to have some actual level content foe what there was of it!

259th, waffledoctor87: Behold, There Is a Bank, I Deserve! - Life Farms never looked so good when those leafs were floating down. Such a pretty pattern. Otherwise... eh. It was another on of those level levels.

258th, Slime Monster: Hey Everybody, This Is Toad and I'm Playing the Latest Romhack 'Unbecoming Link!' - ...I wonder when the joke levels that aren't good looking or all that playable are really going to end. Because this thing looked... pretty awful.
I'm confused, though. The opening thing DID say there was only one boss in Verdant Avenue, right?
Technically, the opening thing said there was one MAFAB entry in Verdant Avenue. There's nothing stopping a regular MAGLX2 entry from having a boss as well.
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

ztarwuff wrote: Technically, the opening thing said there was one MAFAB entry in Verdant Avenue. There's nothing stopping a regular MAGLX2 entry from having a boss as well.
Ture, but I think the point of the "boss" labels is to separate the MAFAB and MAGLX entries. Still, the world could end with a MAGLX entry that contains a boss.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

Hoeloe wrote: Ture, but I think the point of the "boss" labels is to separate the MAFAB and MAGLX entries. Still, the world could end with a MAGLX entry that contains a boss.
I'm glad we agree. :D
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

I was wondering who the SLIME MINISTER was and what they could provide, and let me say, I was not let down
:nb_pride:
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

7.8/10 too much water (flowing from my eyes)
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

all this talk about favourite acid levels, but what about Ocean Fish House from last year?

heh

Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Here's my stuff for the last two days, and there's actually other stuff now aside from the same thing on the front page!

So. How Do You Feel About Makeshift Dry Bones? - adamwcz
While it's brief, it's still incredibly vague as to what you have to do. The island on the right is a complete and utter red herring. Neat Dry Bones though.

Score:
Uniqueness: 2
Fun (me): 1
Fun (other): 2
Music: 3
Graphics: 3
Character Use: 1
Name Adherence: 8
Bonus: +1
Fun Factor Score - 3/50
Total Score - 21/100

Other Notes:
- Like, there's these complex series of events happening with this island, that it's so puzzling to me why so much work was put into it in the 1st place. In this case, if you make it to the moving island with the boot/leaf and hit the ? mark block, there's like another 2 other unneeded obstacles meant to kill you (which I won't give away). It's mind-boggling.
Let Me Show You What I Know of Deep Kitchens on the Hyrule Lake - Unaniem
I find it disturbing that out of the acid levels, I have to decide which one ranked better.

Score:
Uniqueness: 1
Fun (me): 2
Fun (other): 2
Music: 2
Graphics: 0
Name Adherence: 1
Bonus: +2
Fun Factor Score - 4/50
Total Score - 11/100

Other Notes:
- The similarity between this and SLIME MINISTER'S level is frightening.

Have Some Goomba - Grounder
i liked the music

Score:
Uniqueness: 1
Fun (me): 3
Fun (other): 4
Music : 0
Character Use: 2
Name Adherence: 2
Bonus: 0
Fun Factor Score - 7/50
Total Score - 15/100

Other Notes:
- Fairly poor in terms of there actually having any content worth mentioning in this level. It's short, empty, there's really nothing to talk about here as this was jumpin' on goombas the level. I can see it tried to make a strange gimmick out of the placements of Goombas everywhere, but it was done fairly poorly. Not to mention the lack of music, which hurt the level even more.

Have Some Monty Mole - concrocotta
yay

Score:
Uniqueness: 3
Fun (me): 5
Fun (other): 3
Music : 3
Name Adherence: 4
Bonus: 0
Fun Factor Score - 8/50
Total Score - 22/100

Other Notes:
Level's just a Monty Mole ride filled with enemy spam that felt more cheap than challenging. It also sucks you can accidentally kill the Monty Mole with the blue blocks and then oops! Suddenly you're stuck! The sub-par graphics don't really help, and I'm pretty sure this wouldn't had felt so thrown together if you didn't procrastinate. ;)
Behold, There Is a Bank I Deserve! - waffledoctor87
dragon coin generator too op pls nerf in next version pls

Score:
Uniqueness: 4
Fun (me): 0
Fun (other): 1
Music : 2
Graphics: 2
Character Use: 2
Name Adherence: 7
Bonus: +1
Fun Factor Score - 1/50
Total Score - 19/100

Hey Everybody, This Is Toad and I'm Playing the Latest Romhack 'Unbecoming Link!' - SLIME MINISTER
don't do drugs kids

Score:
Uniqueness: 2
Fun (me): 1
Fun (other): 3
Music : 1
Graphics: 0
Name Adherence: 2
Bonus: +2
Fun Factor Score - 4/50
Total Score - 12/100

Other Notes:
- The final warp to the last room is placed in a pretty vague and dumb spot to be honest.
- That's a unique Toad graphic you got there!
Yeah it was kind of surreal to play Slime Minister's level and then like 10 levels later to play something with pretty much the same intention.

I also find it funny that this very much intended 'life farm' level was made which easily could've been used as one, but now with the new Lua it gets completely shot down.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER