(shouting)

Make A Good Kaizo Level X - Tornado Man: (Weapon Get: Wind Dash)

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

Who do you think won the contest?

Shade Man
30%
Tiger Man
16%
Knight Man
3%
Wood Man
3%
Pharoh Man
5%
Clown Man
5%
Don't Think They Count Man
22%
Star Man
16%

Total votes: 37

ohmato
hey idiot

Re: Make A Good Kaizo Level X - Tiger Man: (Weapon Get: Propulsion Cloud)

Post by ohmato »

unsolicited diet advice man
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

looks like anime man won this round
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

I vote for pokeman.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

aw shit man, that's wait don't play that one that's gross
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

I can't quite get over how appropriate "Star Man" is for the content of my level (at least one exit).
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

raocow wrote:I just noticed the poll, and because someone went to the length of making a poll I'll be using the results!!
Do note, everybody, that he did not say what he'd be using it for.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

Well, that would explain why I had difficulties playing the level. I had no idea it was for this contest.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Re: Make A Good Kaizo Level X - INTSWGOWTPIDTTAC Man: (Weapon Get: Pollen Barrier)

Post by Hoeloe »

I think you should all vote for Star Man next. Not that I'm biased or anything.
sedron
im proud of you kid

Re: Make A Good Kaizo Level X - INTSWGOWTPIDTTAC Man: (Weapon Get: Pollen Barrier)

Post by sedron »

That level didn't even have a single lotus in it. Just lots of frogs. What's up with that? /Seinfeld
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

i wonder how many times demo croaked in this level

*laugh track*
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Karifean

Post by Karifean »

Weeeell~ I tried to make a level themed all around the dangers of one particular enemy and the lava lotus was the enemy I went for. Since you can just rush them I tried a few different ways of making the player stick around till they fire. And throw in some random nonsensical traps while I was at it. I think it turned out okay, design-wise.

It was also my first time using and playing SMBX and I was hilariously bad at playing, so in making it consistently beatable for myself I might have made it a *little* too easy for a contest centered around difficulty~

Still it was fun to make. Gonna try for a better place than second-to-last next MAGKL.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

As a person who's played most of this, I love how raocow just so happened to end up doing two of the easiest levels here first. It's great, and I'm curious how much longer he'll manage to accidentally follow a difficulty curve.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

raooocow dont forget that you can spinjump while holding things in SMBX!!!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Imipolex G
very dairy
Pronouns: any

Post by Imipolex G »

That level didn't seem too bad in terms of difficulty, although it would've been a lot worse without shell ammunition.

Here's hoping the rest of the levels are more genuinely kaizo.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I think that level was very clever, and had a really nice learning curve and phasing. Seeing some of those classic "gotcha" traps was funny. Those will add to the playtime, and thus to to the difficulty of figuring the level out too. Actually executing the level was still fairly easy, since there was not too much precision required. It's nice that SMBX characters can handle some very precise movement.

I feel like some of 8flight's and Septentrion's levels would have gotten a pretty good score in this contest on the difficulty at least.
Taigiry

Post by Taigiry »

So, would that be considered a... booby trap?

Anyway, kinda feels like just being patient and using shells as ammo makes the level pretty easy. It's one of those weird cases where using less enemies would actually make a level harder. Or at least using different ones. At least a lot of love was put into it. Also some of these traps are funny watch when people fall for them.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

For the bullets, I think you're supposed to do an itty-bitty jump and slash the high bullet while just barely gaining height from the lower one. As for the first bomb area, it looks like the intent was the grab it midair and then jump off it to get over the edge that you used the Rinkas for.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I wonder if Zyglrox had to submit a video to proof that this was beatable. Counting the deaths might take a while today.
raocow did get farther than I got.

I'll vote for the Star Man next.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

8flight wrote:
Willhart wrote:I wonder if Zyglrox had to submit a video to proof that this was beatable. Counting the deaths might take a while today.
raocow did get farther than I got.

I'll vote for the Star Man next.
I beat the first half of the level (I have no idea what that wired glitch thing was)
Septenrion beat the second half of the level
That was some nice teamwork of you. Sadly the other judge is not here to tell about his experience with the level.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

lol raocow why do you feel bad about using cheats in a kaizo level. Don't worry about it, no sensible person could be upset at you for godmoding that.
On the bright side, that's the hardest level in the contest by a significant margin, so most everything from here should be smooth sailing, right? :​D
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:lol raocow why do you feel bad about using cheats in a kaizo level. Don't worry about it, no sensible person could be upset at you for godmoding that.
On the bright side, that's the hardest level in the contest by a significant margin, so most everything from here should be smooth sailing, right? :​D

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Re: Make A Good Kaizo Level X - Clown Man: (Weapon Get: Heat Wave)

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Can someone upload (or link to) a video where that level is beaten legitimately?
You're awesome.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Haha yeah, please tell me Ziggy has a video of this being beat without cheats. That sounds fun to watch.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I feel that the experience would've gone a lot smoother if you just let the lava pass through you first and then try to attempt the level.

See these video
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

Nice difficulty curve.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)