mario fan games galaxyirc.cat.biosmbx community

happy birthday talkhaus!!!!

raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Voltgloss
>GET LAMP

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Voltgloss » 11 months ago

I see there's a harder version of Blinkenlights later on. I shudder to think what that could involve.

Grounder

Postby Grounder » 11 months ago

Voltgloss wrote:I see there's a harder version of Blinkenlights later on. I shudder to think what that could involve.
It's Simon Says and Morse Code.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Postby Telamon » 11 months ago

Your response to Pyro's favorite level was...kinda condescending? "Oh, Shagg's level was your favorite? How adorable." I mean, nuts to you guys, that level was great!

TaviTurnip
I'm just here to remind people I'm here
Abministrator
First name: Rena, despite assumptions

Postby TaviTurnip » 11 months ago

Honestly the moment I realized what level this was it was 100% clear why it was Pyro's favorite :P

Also guys please don't wait until 2019 to start Redux 2 I will die of old age before then. I just had a resurgence of MaGL withdrawal and don't need projected timeframes like that ;w;
I'm just here to annoy you so that you aren't here instead.

Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Postby Willhart » 11 months ago

Comforting to know they are not planning on stopping any time soon.
Willhart wrote:Being a fan means... blind obsession.... She does not have to accept it... I thought it brought me closer to her.
Willhart wrote:[She] is planning on joining the patreon discord thing on advanced group, and that likely means that I'll listen trough every single one of those as they happen...

Part of me feels like writing her name over and over again
...I should not give up.
💔

Blivsey
why
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Blivsey » 11 months ago

man we could turn it into a dev party

assuming i finally get a headset and microphone of course
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes

Willhart
Banned

The milliseconds timer staring at one minute looks really scary. Also very nice of the game to give enough let to counter some of the randomness too. Getting really close now.
Willhart wrote:Being a fan means... blind obsession.... She does not have to accept it... I thought it brought me closer to her.
Willhart wrote:[She] is planning on joining the patreon discord thing on advanced group, and that likely means that I'll listen trough every single one of those as they happen...

...I should not give up.
💔

TaviTurnip
Abministrator

Postby TaviTurnip » 11 months ago

"Why don't you just tell him to go slower? Just communicate. What is wrong with you?" - YouTube comments, 2016.

And all this time I've been encouraging them to be more prompt and urging with each other. It's like YouTube comment guy doesn't know there's a timer and an inconsistent amount of human panic.

Le Neveu de Rameau
Rødgrød uden fløde
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Postby Le Neveu de Rameau » 11 months ago

Still, it'd be sort of funny if they started speaking in suuuuuuper slooooooowed dooooown voooooooices. Maybe shout out "Nooooooooooooooo...!" as the timer starts to approach zero.

Willhart
Banned

Having the first post updated some say will make for a really neat list of games I think. I could try going trough them at some point.

...I should not give up.
💔

Grounder

Postby Grounder » 10 months ago

Weegee.png
Weegee.png (54.43 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

Le Neveu de Rameau
Rødgrød uden fløde
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Postby Le Neveu de Rameau » 10 months ago

I played the NES Mario is Missing, far more than anyone should. It had a weird opening sequence in which a generic Koopaling throws a large bell on top of Mario, and both Koopaling and bell hop away. It's possible the bell was meant to be a burlap sack, but Mario clearly enters in from the bottom, where sackiness should be, not the top, where holiness is found, so a bell is the only logical explanation. How he didn't remain on the ground when the bell stared hopping again is a mystery; perhaps he was magnetically attracted to the clapper. I imagine him sort of clinging to it from the bottom, face upwards and limbs stretched along the shaft, shouting "Mama mia!" as he swings back and forth the the intermittant darkness.

The game itself featured even-less-shaded SMW-style graphics for the Mario character's and Bowser's(?) castle, of which I'm unsure whether they were a good touch or a felt slightly fake and hollow in the way that leaves a small but distinctly noticeable hole in your soul. In either event, the cityscapes and townspeople looked very generic and clashed frightfully with the aforementioned SMW graphics. The townspeople in particular had a certain aspect about them which reminded me of meatballs. I think it was their hair. It was neither meaty nor ball-shaped, mind, but it style had a peculiar je ne sais quoi which put me in a meatballish state of mind as a child. I had a lot of weird food associations with things at that age, though.

Pokeys were in no way present in this game; pipes were just pipes, though maybe not accessible into you had all the clues dropped by the roving Kooper Troopers? Whatever the case, the clues themselves were clearly sacks in this version (and definitely not bells, being round rahter than flat at the bottom). Sacks with dollar signs on them, no less, even though they most certainly did not contain dollars. Maybe they just had them left over from a bank robbery or something. If nothing else, they were at least in some respect appropriate in that a sack with a dollar sign on it pretty clearly announces "here be ill-gotten gains". The Koopa Troop certainly knows how to deliver a message even when working with a limited tool set.

The final boss was another generic Koopaling, quite different in appearance from the bellman of the intro. He had no arms, which, combined with the hunched position he moved in, gave him a certain vague resemblance to a Mechakoopa. All he did was run back and forth at a medium pace. I have a suspicion that he may have been unable to hurt you (much like the Koopa Troopas in the rest of the game), but I'll never know, as I was never hit by him. You'd sort of have to by trying to get hit to find out, really, and I had my pride. Once you beat him, he flew out of his shell, though I recall it being a bit hard to tell exactly what form the things that came out took. In my foggy childhood memory, it was more maggot-like and vaguely grosser than a normal shell-less Koopa, but I'm probably just imagining that due to not being able to see it clearly. I don't remember the ending much at all, though I think Mario was in a cage of the sort which looked oddly like a two-dimensional cardboard prop. Now that I think of it, it might have been an interesting twist ending to show that the game itself wasn't "real" in the context of the Marioverse, and that the whole thing took place on a Hollywood film set's idea of what a Hollywood film set looks like, which would certainly explain the lack of stylistic coherency and weird uncanny atmosphere of the whole affair, but alas, this was not to be. Missed opportunities.

TaviTurnip
Abministrator

Postby TaviTurnip » 10 months ago

Confirmed: I totally wrote my dream-come-true fanfic for MaGL X2, plz gib prieze munny

Also as far as that question in the YouTube comments goes: contests > collabs, but that's a little like picking your favorite type of pizza to me. Pizza is pizza <3

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess
First name: Servalan

Postby Horikawa Otane » 10 months ago

TaviTurnip wrote:Confirmed: I totally wrote my dream-come-true fanfic for MaGL X2, plz gib prieze munny

Also as far as that question in the YouTube comments goes: contests > collabs, but that's a little like picking your favorite type of pizza to me. Pizza is pizza <3
Honestly, I find Collabs kinda boring in the first half and exciting near the end. I generally find contests exciting all the way through, so that's kinda why I prefer them.
Watch my Butt on the YouTubes
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

Willhart
Banned

Postby Willhart » 10 months ago

Horikawa Otane wrote:
TaviTurnip wrote:Confirmed: I totally wrote my dream-come-true fanfic for MaGL X2, plz gib prieze munny

Honestly, I find Collabs kinda boring in the first half and exciting near the end. I generally find contests exciting all the way through, so that's kinda why I prefer them.
It helps that each level is made by different person too. It makes for a ton of variety.

...I should not give up.
💔

Ometeotl

Postby Ometeotl » 10 months ago

I can't believe I'm getting called out.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

Postby Horikawa Otane » 10 months ago

Ometeotl wrote:I can't believe I'm getting called out.
Man, not gonna lie, your level is legit amazing, but it's the one I've been dreading the most the whole time.
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

Ometeotl

Postby Ometeotl » 10 months ago

You can do it, you big baby.

kitikami

Postby kitikami » 9 months ago

KTANE has begun taking us into a bizarre world where Horikawa is the energetic upbeat one trying to lift raocow's tired-sounding spirits.

TaviTurnip
Abministrator

Postby TaviTurnip » 9 months ago

I am sorry Mr. da Toad on the west side of the cliff. You are sad and misled and I hope the light finds you one day.

Oh and y'know. Penis.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

Postby Horikawa Otane » 9 months ago

So are people ready for the KTANE finale next week?

Willhart
Banned

Postby Willhart » 9 months ago

Horikawa Otane wrote:So are people ready for the KTANE finale next week?
I wonder if people will be ready for what might come after that too.

...I should not give up.
💔

Willhart
Banned

Postby Willhart » 9 months ago

Less than 24 hours left now.

...I should not give up.
💔

TaviTurnip
Abministrator

Postby TaviTurnip » 9 months ago

Congrats guys :P And congrats on being a statistic :O

Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Postby Telamon » 9 months ago

Sad to see this go, but it was a great series while it lasted. Very impressive teamwork, and such an amazing concept for a game.

Return to “let's play”