(shouting)

An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
SyStemkraSh5642

Re: An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

Not really a protip.

Anyway, I had never known that ghosts could follow you underwater. I thought they couldn't breathe, so they can't go underwater. I remember one time, I was traveling through Firecage, and then two ghosts appeared out of nowhere; I was like, what the hell are those, and I froze..

I've been wondering about this:What is the most amount of ghosts have you guys encountered in one room?

And raocow, about that strange shadow. You can't reach it, but which of the powers you have CAN?
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

SyStemkraSh5642 wrote:I've been wondering about this:What is the most amount of ghosts have you guys encountered in one room?
Not counting cutscenes and the ones in FinalClimb, it's always three on Masterful. It's been a while since I played on Regular, so I'd forgotten it even varied on lower levels.
megamario

Post by megamario »

raocow I think you keep passing a powerup during the main underwater passage drop.
I think if you rewatch a few of your videos you'll notice it.
StarkMaximum

Post by StarkMaximum »

Zeeco wrote:Am I the only one who wet myself every time the ghosts appeared?
No, those things give me a freaking heart attack.
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

What is it with people having the urge to tell raocow about every single upgrade any time he's anywhere even close to thinking about going near it? Although I will be fair, if raocow looked at the menu right now, he would probably guess what goes in the blank slot above "Toughness 2", what goes in the blank slot above "Air Upgrade 2", and what goes in the blank slot below "Double Jump Upgrade 1"

But you still don't need to be telling him where they are, or what the other two upgrades do. He hasn't even got them! Why does he care what he can gain the power to do later?

But back to the videos and such. Is it actually possible to safely cross that spike pit on the way to the treasure chest/boat without an upgrade that raocow is missing? I've had as much trouble with it as he has, although I didn't sit down and see if you can do it with exact perfect timing. Fortunately, he has more than 280 HP, so he can just take the hits.
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

GauRocks wrote:But back to the videos and such. Is it actually possible to safely cross that spike pit on the way to the treasure chest/boat without an upgrade that raocow is missing? I've had as much trouble with it as he has, although I didn't sit down and see if you can do it with exact perfect timing. Fortunately, he has more than 280 HP, so he can just take the hits.
Now that one I'm SURE is impossible without taking damage unless you have the other jump upgrade. Not that it matters, though, since raocow has already gotten all there is to be gotten past that point.
Ziv

Post by Ziv »

If you read the text, you'd notice that right after they kidnapped the robber bird, the ghosts said they'd be coming after you when they get around to it.

Oh and that chest puzzle was probably the hardest chest I found. It took me a while to figure it out.
Getting killed is what reminds us that we're alive.

...accept truth for what it is: a convenient piece of paper.

Pooper feeple rabblesnack!

I wanna get high...
-raocow
Lutukor

Post by Lutukor »

Oh man, the ghosts scared the crap out of me the first time I saw them. I thought it was just gonna be a cutscene and I would be grabbed and teleported into nothingness and I would have to start over.

On another note, I hate that water dragon. I didn't beat it until much later.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Hey I noticed something interesting on the third water screen down... Could that be something of importance? It was blue and moving by the left wall...
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Maybe we just shouldn't have a thread for this game.

Of course, then people would probably start sending raocow PMs with spoilers or something.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Please, people, stop spoiling stuff for raocow. In case you hadn't noticed, he doesn't allow comments on his Untitled Story videos anymore, and in case you HAD noticed, you should probably know that he did that for a reason rather than immediately go to the talkhaus to spoil something. I sort of understand why you might want to give him vague hints (in fact I was yelling at my computer at times), but that doesn't mean you should ignore the facts that he blocked YouTube comments and is also having Chris censor spoilers in the talkhaus and go ahead and tell him "Look raocow, I FOUND A HEART! Its over by the whatever" whenever he misses something.

Besides, raocow noticed the streams of bubbles. I found what you guys were spoiling that I dare not mention right away, and it probably would have taken me at least a day to notice the air fountains. He can find it without you people forcing him to.
I don't really get it but okay
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Fun fact: youtube now sends me pm with spoilers since they cannot commentate, because you know I totally need the help because man this game it's really hard you see raocow so I think you should know this.

Basically I decide if I read a youtube pm after the first three words, until the end of AUS.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

raocow wrote:Fun fact: youtube now sends me pm with spoilers since they cannot commentate, because you know I totally need the help because man this game it's really hard you see raocow so I think you should know this.

Basically I decide if I read a youtube pm after the first three words, until the end of AUS.
There are no words. I'm speechless.

So I guess I'll just talk about something cool about the game. I love the little bits of attention to detail when it comes to your abilities. For example, you know those torches, such as the ones by the statue in NightWalk? Sure, you can light them from a distance by shooting fire, but that's not as much fun as lighting them with your... posterior emissions. Yep, that's right. You can divebomb torches to light them.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

raocow wrote:Fun fact: youtube now sends me pm with spoilers since they cannot commentate, because you know I totally need the help because man this game it's really hard you see raocow so I think you should know this.

I know most of us all came from youtube but I think I'm still able to say that I really hate youtubers sometimes. This would be one of them.
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

FirePhoenix wrote:I really hate "immature" youtubers sometimes.
added my own beliefs about youtubers to quote.
chrishy

Post by chrishy »

StarkMaximum wrote:
Zeeco wrote:Am I the only one who wet myself every time the ghosts appeared?
No, those things give me a freaking heart attack.
Okay good. I thought I was the only one.

On videos and such, I just beat the dragon earlier today. Fun times.

The most I've had on regular is three ghosts. And I've had them about 10% of the time, no joke. I don't know if I have rotten luck (I spent ~400 crystals on the bonus game) or if my percentages accidentally got multiplied by 10, but psycho, I see ghosts all the time. And I still jump when they pop up. XD
ChrisIsCornflake on YouTube.
First Founder of the talkhaus IRC, [url=irc://irc.badnik.net/talkhaus]irc://irc.badnik.net/talkhaus[/url]. (Info)
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

Bah, I play fullscreen. When those ghosts come out, my heart thumps and I start to sweat.

Also, I might have an idea, raocow; at the beginning of each of your Untitled Story vids, just say/put a warning saying not to send spoilers. It MAY work, but then again, it might not..
Sharkenaa

Re: An Unspoiled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

Post by Sharkenaa »

SyStemkraSh5642 wrote:... say/put a warning saying not to send spoilers.
If that doesn't work (e.g. some people just don't understand what spoilers really mean), you could say that you don't even peek at your personal messages. After all, you've got the forum. I think all important stuff considering especially a certain game should be posted here, not as PMs. That could attract the spoilers to this forum, though, so there might not be anything to completely decease them. *cough* +r *cough*

I personally hate, hate and HATE spoilers from deep within my heart. Even if the certain game wouldn't have that great of a storyline, I consider just seeing major new enemies/bosses/attacks not in-game (e.g. videos, images etc.) as spoilers.
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

Honestly, raocow, I'm not sure how you can resist just completely isolating yourself from the entire internet if this is how pants-on-head retarded some of your fans are.
Fapnoob

Post by Fapnoob »

I was expecting a ceiling movement powerup and finally here it is!
Now you can get the heart in the large room with the save thingy that you wondered earlier!
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

So is there anything stopping people from just saving at the second save point in Skysand and then just backtracking to get that heart barrier?

Oh, and don't even bother trying to get that one heart yet, raocow.

EDIT: HURF DURF raocow YOU MISSED 4 UPGRADES AND 17 HEARTS LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU HOW TO FIND THEM ALL IN GREAT DETAIL
(ps the final boss is ganondorf)
Last edited by Time Traveler 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
FRK

Post by FRK »

Time Traveler wrote:So is there anything stopping people from just saving at the second save point in Skysand and then just backtracking to get that heart barrier?
A ledge.
Lutukor

Post by Lutukor »

I wonder what the creator was thinking when he made this. "I want a bird that's being chased by ghosts to go into a floating pyramid in the sky and crawl around on ceilings collecting hearts while dodging spiky stones with faces." This person definitely got his daily dose of raocow when making this game.

also, you can't backtrack to get the heart, in the room with the heart there's a ledge you have to jump through. I tried to get it that way the first time I played it.
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

FirePhoenix wrote:I know most of us all came from youtube but I think I'm still able to say that I really hate youtubers sometimes. This would be one of them.
The generic demographic of a YouTuber - /nalso known as "whiny American kid" - are I think what we all hate. I feel like I'm being stalked by about twenty of them all asking me how I manage to record my Platinum Lp so well :evil:
Orangesoda

Post by Orangesoda »

raocow wrote:Fun fact: youtube now sends me pm with spoilers since they cannot commentate,
10/10

Would rage again.

For some reason, I'm really loving this lets play. Maybe it's the game, maybe it's you, I really don't know. I've never been good at the games you play, but I still love the ones that aren't Mario hacks.
Om Nom Nom.

Sandvich is deelicious!