(shouting)

An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Booo95

An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

Post by Booo95 »

So a brand new raocow extravaganza playing a game that plays like Castlevania games after Rondo of Blood, which play like Metroid.

Good luck man. I just got done playing a huge chunk and gee, it's crazy. You also missed quite some stuff in the first video like a power-up that does stuff like help you get another power-up.
Trotim

Re: An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

Post by Trotim »

You're playing on Normal, right?
kilon

Post by kilon »

Why, out of all days, did you have to start this today?
Now I have 3 weeks of waiting until I can see part 2. Darn you vacation!

The positive side is that there will be 20+ videos waiting when I return (40+ if you add the hack videos)
Sharkenaa

Post by Sharkenaa »

Seeing as the wooden plank in the Deep Thro- I mean Tower wasn't where it should've been and the invisble blocks, just above that pit with the teleport power-up where he fell, were two blocks wide... I think he's playing on hard.

Rao, why?
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

So raocow, since you're doing this blind, how do you, uh, plan on doing it? Stumble through until you're obviously in endgame, then do a series of "collect everything ever" videos and then finish? It'd be a shame if you didn't 100% it.
Sharkenaa wrote:Rao, why?
This is probably what I would've asked had I seen wider invisiplatforms. Difficult and Masterful are a lot more fun and it never really felt unfair for me, though I'm unaware of raocow's skill at this kind of game. If he can do it though, it's very much worth it.

Insanity, on the other hand, heheheh. Heheheheheh.
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

Hmm. I never watched his MariAri videos, but him playing an exploration game seems pretty interesting. I can't wait to see more of this tommorow. :)

I hate you all.
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

eggs, eggs, eggs~.
warpio

Post by warpio »

heheh sweet. everyone who's played this game should know this will be very interesting.
For a first time playthrough when you don't know what you're doing, difficult should be just hard enough to make it fun. Masterful is better for when you get good at the game. I think Masterful changes the obstacles around enough so that it's like playing it blind again only you know where to go.

oh and has anyone played Eternal Daughter? It's a lot like this game, with exploration and a very tough, but fair kind of challenge. I highly recommend it for anyone who loved An Untitled Story.
chrishy

Post by chrishy »

raocow wrote:Oh my god, we're in a cave. Deep...wh-what is it called? Deep throat? No, that...deep tower, ok, well, same thing.
Thank you for this.
XD
ChrisIsCornflake on YouTube.
First Founder of the talkhaus IRC, [url=irc://irc.badnik.net/talkhaus]irc://irc.badnik.net/talkhaus[/url]. (Info)
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Yah, I saw a few videos of this game before and I can tell you that it does look pretty interesting. Although I'm also sure that the difficulty is going to go WAY up in the later areas just because it can. (The graphics are really nice as well)

Eggs,Eggs,Eggs
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

This'll be... interesting...
Fawriel

Post by Fawriel »

This game is... badass! I thought it was going to be a relaxing Knytt-type thing, which I guess it is, until it was like BOSS BATTLE IN THE HOUSE, YO and things exploded.

Also: tee hee hee raocow is afraid of blue balls
Dealth0072

Post by Dealth0072 »

50% Knytt 49% Metroid
1% Egg.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

I've never heard of the game, but I've seen games like it, and I think raocow's in for a thing.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

For the record, yes, raocow's on Difficult.

Because I love this game and know way too much about it, here is a list of things that you missed, raocow. I will only count things that are in rooms that you went in. So, for example, this doesn't include items in the side rooms that you fell past right at the end, because you haven't explored that yet. I'll point those out when you get there.

I'm not sure how much spoiler you like, so I've listed three levels of spoiler. The first is just a counter, the second is a vague hint, and the third tells you the exact room you need to be in. I didn't explain the methods in any of the spoilers, but let me know what you prefer and I'll keep it to that level for future updates.

Counter:
Hearts: 2
Upgrades: 1

Vague hints:
Hearts:
You can make it
Fireballs do more than one thing

Upgrades:
You missed a hint pointing right at it

Rooms:
Hearts:
The first room of DeepTower
The big statue in NightWalk

Upgrades:
The branch in ColdKeep
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

GauRocks wrote:Upgrades:
The branch in ColdKeep
raocow probably isn't going to spoil himself anyway, but:
You might want to look veeeery carefully in the DeepTower boss room.
Kei1ro

Post by Kei1ro »

I've never heard of this game, but I like it.

Its simplistic and intriguing.

Keep up this LP! I want to see more.
ImageImage
Patashu

Post by Patashu »

I'm almost certain you can get the heart in Deeptower immediately. You just need to make your first jump as late as possible (you jumped a bit before the platform's edge) and make the second jump early enough and hold it to have enough height to land on the opposite ledge. First late enough, second early enough.

You'll have trouble in an upcoming area if you can't push the absolute most out of your jumps and doublejumps. Try and get through deeptower without a hit.
Lonesome Diamond

Post by Lonesome Diamond »

I like seeing raocow playing this type of game. I was playing Knytt Stories at one point (until the level editor completely exploded on me) and I enjoyed it quite a bit. This seems even more interesting. (Fire-Breathing eggs?)
Daze

Post by Daze »

chrishy wrote:
raocow wrote:Oh my god, we're in a cave. Deep...wh-what is it called? Deep throat? No, that...deep tower, ok, well, same thing.
Thank you for this.
XD
I'm inclined to agree with Chrishy. :lol:

Anyways, this does seem like a very interesting new project. I've never played exploration games like this myself, so I imagine parts of it can be aggravating for a blind run, but it looks good so far. I guess we'll see how hard the difficulty spikes, though.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
MrDudeMan

Post by MrDudeMan »

Your gonna miss a whole whole lot on a blind run. You should also check out jumper, that games awesome.
FRK

Post by FRK »

I played this game some time ago. It's pretty fun. Great idea, raocow.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Patashu wrote:I'm almost certain you can get the heart in Deeptower immediately. You just need to make your first jump as late as possible (you jumped a bit before the platform's edge) and make the second jump early enough and hold it to have enough height to land on the opposite ledge. First late enough, second early enough.

You'll have trouble in an upcoming area if you can't push the absolute most out of your jumps and doublejumps. Try and get through deeptower without a hit.
There are easier ways. Also, DeepTower without a hit is trivial.

I... won't say any more so that I don't spoil things, but I'm sure you can figure it out.
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

ATTENTION raocow:

If you hold the jump button while stomping a guy (it's best to have used your doublejump so you don't accidentally doublejump instead of hitting the guy) you will jump higher. This is rather important, and you don't seem to have figured it out yet, so to prevent like 5 minutes of you wondering why you can't make a jump, uh, that.
StarkMaximum

Post by StarkMaximum »

I meant to reply to this thread yesterday, but I got distracted. I'm really excited to see raocow's style applied to this game, which I started playing soon after raocow mentioned he was going to play it. I've been stuck for a good while now 8D Hahaha, maybe I'll get around to playing it again.
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY