(shouting)

An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Madacaek

Re: An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

Post by Madacaek »

Unless someone hints at it or he stumbles upon the room that hints at it, that might not be for a while. I guess we'll see.
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

How raocow got over that pit of annoying platforms is because he fell from a higher area and happened to get over it?! :lol:

I hate you all.
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

SpikyRat wrote:How raocow got over that pit of annoying platforms is because he fell from a higher area and happened to get over it?! :lol:
Yes. You are a master of both observation and grammar.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Yeah, I think everyone's waiting for that upgrade. And knowing youtube, someone will just post it over there in plaintext and raocow will get it all spoiled. At least he got to SkyTown before it happened. Speaking of spoiling things, it's time for my daily update!

Because you got to the store, it's pretty obvious how much stuff that you've missed there. Rather than track it on the same set of lists, I'm going to just note the things in the store as a (+1), rather than include it in the counter where it's pretty much dead weight. Plus, it'll remind you to go back there with money once you get more. Speaking of which, get that other upgrade in the shop. It will make you happy.

Counter:
Hearts: 6 (+4)
Upgrades: 1 (+1)

Vague hints:
Hearts:
Fireballs do more than you've seen
You can reach somewhere you saw before
You walked right past one
You walked right past another one
This is a bit of a cheat - you haven't been in this room, but look at the map
Jump off the edges of screens to fill out your map, even just at the corners

Upgrades:
If you get some of the missing hearts, you'll find this

Rooms:
Hearts:
The big statue in NightWalk
The first boss room
The room above the rock boss
The room in NightClimb with the cannons
Go down FarFall again while holding left
Above and to the left of the big statue in NightWalk

Upgrades:
Above the big statue in NightWalk
Booo95

Post by Booo95 »

Yeah, to talk to those penguins there you need an ability that spawns stuff for you to be able to explore more and stuff.
Patashu

Post by Patashu »

It's not like having too many hearts changes the game. You can just pretend that you die at X hp and reset whenever you reach it.
StarkMaximum

Post by StarkMaximum »

Fun fact: Only after recently loading up my Untitled Story file again did I go back to Snowland McGee and realize I TOTALLY MISSED THE JUMP UPGRADE raocow GOT FROM THE SECRET PASSAGE WITH THE ARROW. And I'm already way ahead of him! Wow, how did I miss that? I always just figured I needed something I didn't have yet. Good thing I watch raocow, eh?
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

m00npirate wrote:Eek! Some of the hearts are fiendishly hard to get. The falling game and jumper mini-game ones took me many hours to get... maybe he can skip those...
Not to mention having all the hearts makes the game too easy!
JumpBox is the reason why I've 99%ed this game four times and never 100%ed it. I actually have that problem in games pretty often, where I can beat the main game completely, but there's one unlockable from some stupid minigame that I don't have any desire to play.

I really wish game developers would quit using their good games as an excuse to make you play a demo version of some other random game. Pick your genre and stick to it.
Patashu

Post by Patashu »

You don't HAVE to 100% the game. I mean, thinking about it, being able to say you've 100%ed a game should be a huge accomplishment, not run of the mill stuff. 100% doesn't unlock anything so you can experience all the game's content even if you miss some of the harder hearts.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Patashu wrote:You don't HAVE to 100% the game. I mean, thinking about it, being able to say you've 100%ed a game should be a huge accomplishment, not run of the mill stuff. 100% doesn't unlock anything so you can experience all the game's content even if you miss some of the harder hearts.
Maybe you don't. But me, well... I own 157 games for various consoles and handhelds, and 128 of those are 100% beaten, completely, with absolutely nothing left to do. Level 99 in RPGs? Check. All collectibles, no matter how insignificant? Check. If there's any in-game reward, benefit, or way to track it, I do it. What about the other 29 games? Well, those are still in progress. I'm playing one now.

If I'm going to play a game, I'm going to get every last ounce of gameplay out of it. From his videos, you can tell raocow's not quite at my level of obsession, but he's still more of a "do everything" gamer than a "just beat it" gamer. I expect the issue to come up for him at some point, although I bet that he'll be better at JumpBox than I am.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

I just started playing this myself (Well, four-ish hours ago) and it really is quite fun. Annoying in a few, or a lot, of places, but fun.

Reached about 25% of normal, and after playing with the latest power-up, I realised that it's going to get even more annoying from here and decided to stop there for now. I have to say, it was the most engrossed in recent memory that I've gotten with a video game.

It will be odd seeing raocow tread through stuff I've seen, the only other time that's happened is the first few levels of Keen 4, and I could only vaguely remember them.
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

This is an LP. A blind LP, but an LP nonetheless. Therefore, the goal isn't just to finish the game, but to show it off. Sure, if raocow gets tired of the game, he isn't obligated to continue, but the LP would feel incomplete if not 100%ed and I'm sure it'd bother him as well.

(and anyone who says the hearts make the game too easy should go play masterful)
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Possible design flaw?

I just realised, isn't it possible to go all the way the 'thorn whell' and not have found the checkpoint-warp ball? I mean, there's a checkpoint at the very end of the whell, but it's useless if you don't have that power-up, and it's entirely possible to get here without it.

Does the 'extra cash ball' exchange place wih it?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

I just checked, if you pass it up the first time, it shows up next to the StoneCastle savepoint, but if you intentionally ignore it then, you CAN get stuck at the bottom of the FarFall spikeshaft. Of course, that'd be your own fault for ignoring the obvious blue sphere that, this time, you can't miss.
Lutukor

Post by Lutukor »

I never heard of this game until I saw raocow's video of it, and I decided to try it for myself. Man, is this game awesome. Right now I just got past the barrier in BlackCastle and jees is it tough. The jumps just get incredibly annoying, but that just makes me wanna beat it more.

I just can't wait for raocow to find that upgrade. You know which one i'm talking about.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Not much to say about today, other than that I'm waiting patiently for the day when raocow discovers where he needs to go to move on. Probably tomorrow, because I'm pretty sure he can't do anything else at this point.

Except get the missing hearts and upgrades, of course!

Counter:
Hearts: 8 (+4)
Upgrades: 1 (+1)

Vague hints:
Hearts:
Fireballs do more than you've seen
You can reach somewhere you saw before
You walked right past one
You walked right past another one
This is a bit of a cheat - you haven't been in this room, but look at the map
Jump off the edges of screens to fill out your map, even just at the corners
Right idea, wrong room
"raocow, you big stupid jerk, I just jumped on plants all day long"

Upgrades:
If you get some of the missing hearts, you'll find this

Rooms:
Hearts:
The big statue in NightWalk
The first boss room
The room above the rock boss
The room in NightClimb with the cannons
Go down FarFall again while holding left
Above and to the left of the big statue in NightWalk
The heart gate room in StoneCastle
To the left of the big statue in NightWalk

Upgrades:
Above the big statue in NightWalk

On a side note, I am very glad that raocow made his little bonus video, because it makes money farming a lot easier. I'm basically playing through on three difficulties at once, and I like to buy out the store as soon as possible, so I can start saving money for... other things. I'm keeping my Difficult run at the exact same place as raocow, but in the other two, I'm only limiting myself to the areas he's been in. Yes, that's how I'm updating the list.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

This doesn't really apply to you guys a whole lot but starting with tomorrow AOS videos will have commentary disactivated.

Apparently, the prime obstacle to a 'blind run' is idiots who do not understand the concept behind 'a blind run'.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Whatever helps the experience I guess. Too bad it had to come to this but then again, I never really comment on youtube anyway. That's what this forum is for.
raocow

Post by raocow »

By the way GauRock I don't mind your way of doing things. It's a sort of invisible checklist that I'll undoubtedly need once I'm near the end in 'okay I need to scavenge these random little things' mode, and it's done in a totally unobtrusive way.
HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

Some Bosses of this game are just evil... I need a crying emoticon-smiley-thing

One day (possibly soon with the every day one video update-thing-whateveritiscalled) raocow will be at that point and then he will help me out, by showing me how to do! yeah :lol:
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Most bosses in this game (at least the ones raocow faced so far) seem to take on a similar form to stonemaku Johnson. They all seem to be losely based around rocks and crushin' stuff....I don't know how I feel about that.
Daze

Post by Daze »

Daarkbuu wrote:Most bosses in this game (at least the ones raocow faced so far) seem to take on a similar form to stonemaku Johnson. They all seem to be losely based around rocks and crushin' stuff....I don't know how I feel about that.
Perhaps the underlying plotline is just one egg's journey to stamp out the Mafia... and this Mafia just happens to be the Stonemaku "family". Possibly. =P

Anyways, I'm liking this LP a lot so far. I know it's only just started, but I can't find anything to dislike about it. It's good stuff. And based on other people's comments, it seems like a pretty cool download, so now I'm wanting it myself. I'm not very good/experienced with exploration games, but if I have raocow's videos to help me out, then it won't be THAT bad.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
Dealth0072

Post by Dealth0072 »

raocow wrote:This doesn't really apply to you guys a whole lot but starting with tomorrow AOS videos will have commentary disactivated.

Apparently, the prime obstacle to a 'blind run' is idiots who do not understand the concept behind 'a blind run'.
True that.

Good thing the spoilers didnt comment here before your announcement.
If I see one though *loads gun* they are dead!
Daze

Post by Daze »

Dealth0072 wrote:
raocow wrote:This doesn't really apply to you guys a whole lot but starting with tomorrow AOS videos will have commentary disactivated.

True that.

Good thing the spoilers didnt comment here before your announcement.
If I see one though *loads gun* they are dead!
I don't think we'll need the gun-slinging around here, sheriff. We'll play nice. ;) And GauRocks has a very nice system in place anyways. It'll help more people than just raocow, I'd say.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
raocow

Post by raocow »

If it comes to that, Dealth, you have permission to edit people's post, if you write an explanation in bold or something to clearly announce yourself.

Of course, I very much doubt that will happen, but I don't want to take any chances. Because this IS a pretty dang awesome game.