(shouting)

An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Oracle of Wuffing

Re: An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

Hm... Is anyone going to place any bets on how long it will take for a YouTuber to ignore the whole "I don't want spoilers" thing and comment on a Super Mario World Returns video about what he's missing in An Untitled Story?
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
Booo95

Post by Booo95 »

Knowing the majority of the Youtube user base, tomorrow.
StarkMaximum

Post by StarkMaximum »

Oracle of Wuffing wrote:Hm... Is anyone going to place any bets on how long it will take for a YouTuber to ignore the whole "I don't want spoilers" thing and comment on a Super Mario World Returns video about what he's missing in An Untitled Story?
I don't know whether to laugh because of how accurate this sounds, or cry because of how accurate this sounds.

EDIT: OH! Also, because I don't remember anyone explaining it, raocow, "heist mode" is basically just An Untilted Story's two-player mode. Pay it no mind!
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

raocow wrote:By the way GauRock I don't mind your way of doing things. It's a sort of invisible checklist that I'll undoubtedly need once I'm near the end in 'okay I need to scavenge these random little things' mode, and it's done in a totally unobtrusive way.
Yeah, I figured you were okay with it, or you would have complained sooner. And hey, until you need it it, it's there for anyone else who wants to follow along, and it gives me the motivation to finally finish Masterful.

It sucks that you had the upcoming thing spoiled, since I think most of us know what it is, but it could have been worse. At least we got the confused reactions in SkyTown before it happened.
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

been playing untitled story for awhile now on normal (got too lost and resorted to using a walkthrough to find different world/map/w.e they are called)
seriously though, some secret paths are really out there. but cant be an exploration type of game without those kinds of things. but wish there was some npcs that give some hints for you though.

but honestly, the game map when unlocked many rooms is very very colorful to look at, lol.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

This whole game is very colorful, and the little details really make it shine. It's why I like it so much, and why I'm putting in so much time yet again. Actually, I'm even getting something new out of it this time. You see, for the last three years or so, my computer has been completely incapable of playing MIDI. And since this game's music is MIDI, I didn't hear it. In fact, until raocow started talking about it, I had no idea that there even was music. So now, for the first time, I can enjoy the music, instead of playing my own soundtrack in the background.
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

I would like to take back my comment about Masterful being more fun than Regular.

AAAAAAAAAAAGH.

I still think Difficult is a bit more fun and challenging for a first playthrough but godDAMN it's like he doubled the damage AND the amount of things that hurt you. And then he made the platforming even harder just for kicks.

I'm currently stuck on StoneEye. I have like 60 hearts and two toughness upgrades and he still four-hits me. BlackNinja kicks my ass even worse and there's like 6 screens of platforming first, just to rub it in. Goddamn Masterful.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Madacaek wrote:I would like to take back my comment about Masterful being more fun than Regular.

AAAAAAAAAAAGH.
Welcome to exactly where I quit Masterful. Talk about a sudden difficulty spike.
emjay

Post by emjay »

Thanks for the tipp on this game I didnt know it since I ignored indy games in the last years.
Im playing it since 2 days and Im having alot of fun, although Im surprised about the quick increase of difficulty.
Oh btw be glad that you just got your new controller raocow, my Logitech Dual Action is killing me, those smashes on accident by pressing left/right (yea to sticky d-pad!) are annoying since they kill my dbl jumps...

Oracle of Wuffing wrote:Hm... Is anyone going to place any bets on how long it will take for a YouTuber to ignore the whole "I don't want spoilers"?
Oh whats a YouTuber? Do you guys realize that you are YouTuber? Do you think you are special because you registred at this site? I bet most of those "YouTuber" are lurking around here and yes most of the l33t talkhaus community spoiled over there at youtube, so please dont seperate the talkhaus community into the "good" camp and all non talkhauser into the "bad" camp. Im pretty sure if there was more user at this site the threads would be full of spoiler. its just the fact that so many random people can access the videos at youtube.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

After being inspired after watching today's video to get past that one bit I'm stuck on -

I just noticed that the exe icon of the game is your bird form. You'd of think he'd have used the egg.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Wow, today was kind of the video of nothing happening. At least in terms of me playing up to where you were. Catching all three games up took like 20 minutes, and part of that was screwing around in MountSide.

By the way, we seem to have different versions of this game, because I do not have that first room in MountSide, and I can clear it right now. It's not even the difficulty setting - I checked on Regular, Difficult, and Masterful. Nothing stopping me from doing it right now, and in fact, I did it on Regular and Masterful. I thought it might be some kind of "you can't do this yet" warning, but no, that's not the case. You may want to try doing it off camera, to see if it's really impossible or just very close. It looks almost do-able.

Counter:
Hearts: 10 (+4)
Upgrades: 0 (+1)

Vague hints:
Hearts:
You walked right past one
You walked right past another one
This is a bit of a cheat - you haven't been in this room, but look at the map
Jump off the edges of screens to fill out your map, even just at the corners
Right idea in hunting for secrets, wrong room
"raocow, you big stupid jerk, I just jumped on plants all day long"
Ducking has one more use
Capitalism gets you three hearts.

Rooms:
Hearts:
The room above the rock boss
The room in NightClimb with the cannons
Go down FarFall again while holding left
Above and to the left of the big statue in NightWalk
The heart gate room in StoneCastle
To the left of the big statue in NightWalk
The room where you got the power to duck
In your house
Last edited by GauRocks 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Trotim

Post by Trotim »

GauRocks wrote:This whole game is very colorful, and the little details really make it shine. It's why I like it so much, and why I'm putting in so much time yet again. Actually, I'm even getting something new out of it this time. You see, for the last three years or so, my computer has been completely incapable of playing MIDI. And since this game's music is MIDI, I didn't hear it. In fact, until raocow started talking about it, I had no idea that there even was music. So now, for the first time, I can enjoy the music, instead of playing my own soundtrack in the background.
I have the same problem! Though I gotta admit I kind of expected the music to be a little better?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

GauRocks wrote: By the way, we seem to have different versions of this game, because I do not have that first room in MountSide, and I can clear it right now. It's not even the difficulty setting - I checked on Regular, Difficult, and Masterful. Nothing stopping me from doing it right now. I thought it might be some kind of "you can't do this yet" warning, but no, that's not the case. You may want to try doing it off camera, to see if it's really impossible or just very close. It looks almost do-able.
I'm guessing I have to jump on the very top of the arrow-dealy to further my jump, right?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

I must say, when I first saw the title of the video, I was thinking that rao was either giving up on the game for some unknown reason, or not going to play it anymore because of those who commented out of their ass.

Thankfully there was no cause for concern :)
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

raocow wrote:I'm guessing I have to jump on the very top of the arrow-dealy to further my jump, right?
EDIT: Hmm, ignore what I said before. Yes, you're right. I never really noticed that, but it's a very significant difference. Definitely enough to propel you up there.

ANOTHER EDIT: Or you can try it the way listed below. Pick whichever one you're better at, I guess. I kind of just muddle through things like that without paying much attention, because I don't like figuring out the physics of things that send you flying around. But I do know that I usually end up bouncing off the top, and after a bit of testing, now I know why.
Last edited by GauRocks 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
DarknessPhoenix

Post by DarknessPhoenix »

raocow, you can do that first arrow thingy jump, hold jump so you go higher when it's pointing almost straight up, when you're at the peak of the jump, let go and press again for the double jump. Something like that. That's what worked for me.

Also, I always hit the arrow from the bottom. Too hard to time it otherwise.
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

Oracle of Wuffing wrote:Hm... Is anyone going to place any bets on how long it will take for a YouTuber to ignore the whole "I don't want spoilers" thing and comment on a Super Mario World Returns video about what he's missing in An Untitled Story?
If people start doing that, raocow may have to disable SMW Returns comments and comments on his channel until he finisheds AUS. :roll:

I hate you all.
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

Yeah, looking through these videos, I don't think raocow has quite gotten used to always holding jump when jumping on something to gain extra height. Perhaps he wasn't doing that with the arrow?

To be honest, my advice would be to basically always hold the jump button while in the air, releasing and re-pressing it for double jumps. Obviously this doesn't apply if you don't WANT maximum height (IE ceiling spikes) but it's otherwise a good idea.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

raocow wrote:If you ABSOLUTELY must inform me how my commentary has forever altered your cherished memories of Denver: The Last Dinosaur, you are more then welcome to come to the forum.
I just wanted to say that Denver: The Last Dinosaur is the greatest cartoon ever. :lol:
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Let me just say that those arrows are really annoying to deal with. You might want to come back later when you have a higher double jump raocow. It took me numerous tries to do it and just to be an ass there's something with a heart barrier on the far side of it meaning that even if you get over you need full health.

Also, a gameplay tip: You can down smash to break pots. It's much quicker than shooting them individually.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

FirePhoenix wrote:Also, a gameplay tip: You can down smash to break pots. It's much quicker than shooting them individually.
Oh god damn it.

Although I'm guessing it wouldn't have taken that much time off of grinding for crystals.
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

i miss being an egg when it suddenly hatched :(
i liked it as an egg than a chicken
Last edited by atruong18 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Fawriel

Post by Fawriel »

The egg hatched into a beautiful butterfly!

Also, I recognized the song at the beginning! That was the Dr. Mario theme, wasn't it?

@atruong: I'd consider that a real spoiler. raocow would probably laugh his head off if he found that on his own.
emjay wrote:Oh whats a YouTuber? Do you guys realize that you are YouTuber? Do you think you are special because you registred at this site? I bet most of those "YouTuber" are lurking around here and yes most of the l33t talkhaus community spoiled over there at youtube, so please dont seperate the talkhaus community into the "good" camp and all non talkhauser into the "bad" camp. Im pretty sure if there was more user at this site the threads would be full of spoiler. its just the fact that so many random people can access the videos at youtube.
I... do think you're probably reading a little too much into that comment.
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

seriously though, you have to jump off cliffs everywhere and move around while falling to be able to find some of these mini secrets/extras.

but for the sake, ill just remove my previous comment
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Oh man! Now we're some sort of creepy little chicken butterfly thing.....this game is weird. But it looks like your having a lot of fun withi it Rao, so that's good. And best of all, there is no possibility of you using save states even if you wanted to.