(shouting)

An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
FinalBoss
-
First name: -
Pronouns: they/them

Re: An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

Post by FinalBoss »

He's probably going to mess up horribly and die a ton?

Who knows.
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

He's not going to die, just screw it up several hundred times :D.
FinalBoss
-

Post by FinalBoss »

But he JUST MIGHT make it on his first, second, third, or fourth through tenth times.

Or the first.

I'm not kidding, UnderTomb was actually quite easy compared to the rest of the game.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

I think this might have been mentioned somewhere in the previous 800 posts, but what exactly is it that determines how likely ghosts are to appear? Does it happen more frequently in some places than others? I just want to know, because where the ghosts appeared half a minute in during raocow's "space tron" AUS video is the same place where the ghosts ambushed me three times the last 10 minutes.

Edit: Dear lord. I started playing a bit more and then fell into the pit in The Curtain (the map cube after the floating cannon) and just as I landed, three ghosts appeared across the top of the screen. That's the ghosts' fifth ambush at The Curtain in fifteen minutes. Is there something about the curtain that makes these ghosts appear more often? Because THEY'RE ALWAYS THERE!
I don't really get it but okay
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

cheez8 wrote:I think this might have been mentioned somewhere in the previous 800 posts, but what exactly is it that determines how likely ghosts are to appear? Does it happen more frequently in some places than others? I just want to know, because where the ghosts appeared half a minute in during raocow's "space tron" AUS video is the same place where the ghosts ambushed me three times the last 10 minutes.

Edit: Dear lord. I started playing a bit more and then fell into the pit in The Curtain (the map cube after the floating cannon) and just as I landed, three ghosts appeared across the top of the screen. That's the ghosts' fifth ambush at The Curtain in fifteen minutes. Is there something about the curtain that makes these ghosts appear more often? Because THEY'RE ALWAYS THERE!
The ghost appearance rate is determined by the number of gold orbs you've collected and the difficulty you're playing on. I'm pretty sure the ghost appearance rate is the same for all rooms, except for the rooms where the ghosts can't appear at all. Seems like you're just having some bad luck.
Ruirize
First name: Steffan James
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ruirize »

Hmm.

The ghost's speed changes with difficulty.
And they bounce off of eachother.
chrishy

Post by chrishy »

Time Traveler wrote:
cheez8 wrote:I think this might have been mentioned somewhere in the previous 800 posts, but what exactly is it that determines how likely ghosts are to appear? Does it happen more frequently in some places than others? I just want to know, because where the ghosts appeared half a minute in during raocow's "space tron" AUS video is the same place where the ghosts ambushed me three times the last 10 minutes.

The ghost appearance rate is determined by the number of gold orbs you've collected and the difficulty you're playing on. I'm pretty sure the ghost appearance rate is the same for all rooms, except for the rooms where the ghosts can't appear at all. Seems like you're just having some bad luck.
I dunno. I mean, I noticed that I had more occurrences of ghosts in the Curtain also. Which makes sense with the storyline. Then again, that could be a total coincidence.

I averaged about 4 ghosts ambushes in 20 minutes on regular with-i think- about 6 gold orbs. Not positive, though. (All in the Curtain)
ChrisIsCornflake on YouTube.
First Founder of the talkhaus IRC, [url=irc://irc.badnik.net/talkhaus]irc://irc.badnik.net/talkhaus[/url]. (Info)
Ruirize

Post by Ruirize »

Hmm. I was looking at a room with Cheat Engine, while there were ghosts.

I picked up this:
random(100) > ((global.difficulty/2)+2+(global.gold_total/2))

Ghosts are based on difficulty, golden orb amounts, and luck!

EDIT: The ghosts will not trigger if you don't have the foruth Golden Orb.
EDIT2: The ghosts will not trigger if you don't have ability 16.
EDIT3: Misread some code.
EDIT4: The number of ghosts == difficulty + (0, 0, 1, 2)

Wow I'm good. Matt, I'm not trying to steal your game, I just wanted to finish the ghost mystery. I don't plagerise.
chrishy

Post by chrishy »

ApplePiePod wrote:The number of ghosts == difficulty + (0, 0, 1, 2)
Simple = 0
Regular = 1
Difficult = 2
Masterful = 3
Insanity = 4

Is the above correct? If so, sense does this make. The most I saw in regular was 3.

Sense it also do not make. Is it possible in Simple, if this is true, for ghosts to trigger and none to appear? Actually, that would happen 50% of the time in Simple. So, maybe I'm wrong. xD
First Founder of the talkhaus IRC, [url=irc://irc.badnik.net/talkhaus]irc://irc.badnik.net/talkhaus[/url]. (Info)
Ruirize

Post by Ruirize »

Hmm. I'll go have another ghost hunt. Will post results.

BTW.

GOSH DARNIT raocow HOW COULD YOU NOT FOLLOW SUCH SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?!

EDIT: Ghosts can't appear on the easiest mode. Up to three ghosts can be on one screen.
chrishy

Post by chrishy »

Note on the tags: HAHAHA! I didn't get any Mr. T vids, but I got a Rickroll, some hateworkboy AUS LPs (as usual), and Dealth's AUS/Zelda video.

On a side note, Demo 7.5 gave me a related video on breastfeeding. >.< The related videos is like an entire section of the raocow experience. hahahaha

EDIT: I'd like to point out that the tags "don't come here it's filled with milk" gave a video on breastfeeding, but "super mario world returns let's play milk milker super-milk milkest" gave me NO videos having to do the least with milk. Oh Youtube, you are amazing.
FinalBoss
-

Post by FinalBoss »

Well, looks like he did pretty well in UnderTomb.
Garlyle

Post by Garlyle »

Actually, my place of issue is the long underwater passage at the bottom of DeepDive, leading to BlancLand. I ran into ghosts 3 times down there (It took -two attempts- to reach BlancLand...), but I was playing on Masterful, so...

...I think raocow and hateworkboy found ghosts there too...
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Time Traveler wrote:I'm pretty sure the ghost appearance rate is the same for all rooms, except for the rooms where the ghosts can't appear at all. Seems like you're just having some bad luck.
Wow, that's weird, because I just played a bit more (I don't know why I'm having so much trouble there, but I'm still there anyway) and the ghosts appeared three times, and two of those ambushes were at the graveyard. It's annoying, but at least it's one of the few rooms in The Curtain where ghosts aren't as much of a problem. The remaining two ambushes that I mentioned both occured in the room directly above the pit.
I don't really get it but okay
Zeeco

Post by Zeeco »

In AstroCrash, your score goes down for every asteroid that hits the ground.
Ruirize

Post by Ruirize »

The possiblity of the ghosts appearing in each room is the same.
randoguy101
spicey tomato

Post by randoguy101 »

Hey raocow, are you getting the ninja suit from the suit vend? I reccomend it, because it is AWESOME. :D
- randoguy101
ParadoxHotel

Post by ParadoxHotel »

randoguy101 wrote:Hey raocow, are you getting the ninja suit from the suit vend? I reccomend it, because it is AWESOME. :D
Agreed. Best 1000 rocks I've ever spent!
Love, Ire, and Lakitu!
buckfan749

Post by buckfan749 »

Garlyle wrote: Actually, my place of issue is the long underwater passage at the bottom of DeepDive, leading to BlancLand. I ran into ghosts 3 times down there (It took -two attempts- to reach BlancLand...), but I was playing on Masterful, so...

...I think raocow and hateworkboy found ghosts there too...
im pretty sure raoocw found ghosts there but i don't remember hateworkboy ever finding ghosts anywhere

for me personally ghosts always apeared in cloud run and ice castle
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

i had many ghost encounter experiences from playing regular and masterful, i dont even know anymore where my first encounter with them was at.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

I'm guessing that despite my hatred for it, JumpBox will go pretty well for raocow. And I've never seen anyone have a problem with Keep Going, so tomorrow shouldn't be too bad at all. And I'm guessing one video after that will be enough to grab everything else. We should be in BlackCastle Sunday morning, and we'll see from there.

Going back to today's video, I don't know if raocow realized it off camera or not, but Turbo Mode makes you invincible while it's on. It's a good opportunity to just move across the entire screen while firing and clear everything for a quick few thousand points. However, I had never stayed around on the game over screen long enough to notice that it's "peak score", not necessarily the score you died with. So everyone learned something today! (except those jerks who already knew everything)

Eight things left to grab before BlackCastle, and eleven total. 93%, woo!

Counter:
Hearts: 7
Flowers: 1

Vague hints:
Hearts:
[5]Capitalism gets you two more hearts
[6]You almost found this just by playing around, but you need to think about the clocks!
[10]As you found out, cannnons don't like the cold much.
[16]Hmm, I could see more if it weren't so dark in here.
[18]You were standing on something that wasn't quite solid
[22]Aw, you know where this one is - you've tried for it a lot.

Flowers:
X. I'm a young bird, off on my adventure
X. All I can really do is go up here and find a way to pray
X. Then these jerks will talk to me!
X. Hey, there's a castle down here
X. And below that, some crazy spike pit. Forget this!
X. Hmm, I could go down that hole there, but let's go a bit higher up first
X. Oh no, this mountain's scary. But hey, what doesn't kill you makes you tougher!
X. I wonder how long I can hold my breath?
X. Forget that water place, let's freeze some flame jets and find some treasure!
X. I fell into a very dark hole. I wonder what's down here.
X. Oh hey, a beach. And a girl who's very lonely. But I should go diving again before our boat trip.
X. Oh hey, this place is very... white. And woah, I'm dizzy. I held my breath too long.
X. AAAH! Fluffy and pink clouds! Run away!
X. Oh man, I fell off that pink place. Oh well.
1. Hmm, I have nowhere left to go but up. I hope there's no ninja ambush up there.
X. Oh man, I beat that ninja, now for some star catching to help me relax.
X. Oh my god, this place is a nightmare. And is that a treehouse I see up there?
X. This castle over here is freezing! I can barely even walk in here. brrrrrrrr....
X. After all that travel, I'm homesick.

Rooms:
Hearts:
[5]In your house
[6]The room with the five balloons in FarFall
[10]Two screens down from the NightClimb save point
[16]The boss room in Dark Grotto
[18]Two screens above the DeepDive save point
[22]RainbowDive reward

Flowers:
1. First Curtain save point
MR.X

Post by MR.X »

GauRocks wrote: (except those jerks who already knew everything)
Y´know, theoretically, you´re such one jerk who knows everything as well. ;)

Also, same here, i think 2 more videos are needed before he´ll go to Blackcastle!
FinalBoss
-

Post by FinalBoss »

Actually, hateworkboy didn't find ghosts in the passage into BlanqLand because Matt had not updated the game that much yet.

hateworkboy played version 1.0.

raocow is playing version 1.6...?
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

atruong18 wrote:i had many ghost encounter experiences from playing regular and masterful, i dont even know anymore where my first encounter with them was at.
My first, second, AND third were all in DeepDive, in the room where you get Shoot Ice. They spawned right after I picked it up in Regular, Difficult, and Masterful. I swear, that room is cursed.

My fourth was in those narrow underwater tunnels to BlancLand, but they weren't blocking me, so I just ran by.

And my most lethal was the last dangerous room before the eye boss in StoneCastle. Two of them spawned in the narrow passage right as I was grabbing the yellow energy, and the layout of the room makes it literally impossible to go back. Since I was on Masterful, it was pretty much instant Game Over.
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

GauRocks wrote: And my most lethal was the last dangerous room before the eye boss in StoneCastle. Two of them spawned in the narrow passage right as I was grabbing the yellow energy, and the layout of the room makes it literally impossible to go back. Since I was on Masterful, it was pretty much instant Game Over.
had the same thing.
got over, and the ghosts spawned at the exit to the left (that i cant get to) and the exit on the right (that i need to get through)
-stand there and wait for death-

eh, masterful. attempts to fight the StoneEye, a bunch of ghost appearance while heading there, or appear when i spawn at the save point.

havent been attacked in rainbowdive however, thought sunny areas = no ghost, guess its only skytown then, unless the person remembered wrong.
speaking of rainbow dive. my best score in it was 690, missed a single star that couldve gotten 700. anyone want to beat that? =p