(shouting)

An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

Post by raocow »

Madacaek wrote:Jesus Christ, raocow. How do you manage to miss the air bubbles for so long, fail to figure out ice shots for so long and fail to see the chest fading in at the western shipwreck despite being like 50 pixels away from it?
:(

(low content post)
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Lutukor

Post by Lutukor »

Hey, give raocow some credit. It took me a lot longer to see the air bubbles. And besides, he ALMOST made it to BlandLand. I didn't find out about the bonus until the endgame when i was searching for stuff, either.

edit: I don't know how you actually get to that room in the first place, but I think you need the ceiling slide upgrade. I know you're supposed to light the thing on fire, but I don't remember what that does. I think it creates the red energy, which raocow can get with his current upgrades. (/major spoilers)
Last edited by Lutukor 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
guh

Post by guh »

raocow, who told you you could get to that place in firecage? And who told you you could walk on the ceilings? Because whoever told you those things is a liar.
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

Lutukor wrote:Hey, give raocow some credit. It took me a lot longer to see the air bubbles. And besides, he ALMOST made it to BlandLand)
That doesn't mean raocow is reasonable, that just means you're even worse. Sorry. And it's BlancLand, the font is just such that the c blends into the L a bit.
warpio

Post by warpio »

guh wrote:raocow, who told you you could get to that place in firecage? And who told you you could walk on the ceilings? Because whoever told you those things is a liar.
there is actually a way to get to that place without walking on the ceiling. there is a really obvious clue that you and raocow have yet to notice.

and wow, I have to say today's video was painfully horrible... *screams at monitor* BUBBLEJETS!
I can at least understand raocow not figuring out the ice shot right away, since he was in panic mode about finding a save point. I had a hard time with save points in that area too.
Zeeco

Post by Zeeco »

Sorry to say, but one room to the left of where you gave up, there was a save point.

Yeah, the underwater segment totally overwhelmed me at first. I never found that breathe upgrade, either.
guh

Post by guh »

warpio wrote:there is actually a way to get to that place without walking on the ceiling. there is a really obvious clue that you and raocow have yet to notice.
Oh my god, you are right. Holy crap. :o
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

I'm just going to say this- there IS no save point underwater, from as far as I know. However, there are plenty of goodies there. You have to go to different worlds in order to save. So yeah, you have to get all of the upgrades, then go back to a save point in a different area- the idea's a little... yeah.

I'm playing Difficult also- yayz.
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

SyStemkraSh5642 wrote:I'm just going to say this- there IS no save point underwater, from as far as I know. However, there are plenty of goodies there. You have to go to different worlds in order to save. So yeah, you have to get all of the upgrades, then go back to a save point in a different area- the idea's a little... yeah.

I'm playing Difficult also- yayz.
there is 1 save point underwater. only 1, and of course, it happens to be AFTER the boss in the area and its spikes before it which makes it so dandy to get to.
ParadoxHotel

Post by ParadoxHotel »

I too did not know about the air bubbles for a good ten minutes of underwater playing. :|
Love, Ire, and Lakitu!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Didn't See the Bubbles Crew! DSBC!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

SyStemkraSh5642 wrote:from as far as I know
Yeah, I still have to do that. It's so freaking annoying, though..
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

yea, the boss in the underwater area is really annoying.
the fact that i was playing on normal, i managed to beat the boss only by luck from running into him a bunch of times and managed to survive til the last hit. after getting killed various times.
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

Dealth0072 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AB8XnfnB1I

It HAD to be done.
random, yet funny in a certain way.
and a heart
StarkMaximum

Post by StarkMaximum »

It HAD to be done.
I'll admit it. That made me laugh harder than it should've.
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

That whole underwater breathing mess could have been avoided by a version upgrade. There's a new sign on the first screen that says something to the effect of "hey guy, you can breathe these little bubble things in the ground." So you guys don't have to feel bad - some testers apparently had the same problem.

I would like to reiterate that yes, raocow, you were in the right place in FireCage this time. And no, there are no invisible platforms there that you need an upgrade to see. No, you don't need to walk on ceilings to get there. You also don't need a flying upgrade, a triple jump, a grappling hook, the power to teleport to the upper left corner of the screen, your own personal motorcycle, or a pet snake, although I can see how any one of those might help. Of course, you also don't absolutely need to go there immediately, so feel free to take your time and figure it out later.

And now, onto the list. Word to the wise: I would not advise getting the third heart that I added unless you have more stuff than raocow, but it is possible on Difficult with raocow's current hearts and upgrades, or I wouldn't have added it.

Counter:
Hearts: 16
Upgrades: 4

Vague hints:
Hearts:
[2]You walked right past one
[3]You walked right past another one
[3]This is a bit of a cheat - you haven't been in this room, but look at the map
[3]Jump off the edges of screens to fill out your map, even just at the corners
[4]"raocow, you big stupid jerk, I just jumped on plants all day long"
[5]Ducking has one more use
[5]Capitalism gets you three hearts.
[6]You almost found this just by playing around
[6]Sometimes you just need to walk right out into the abyss
[8]Nowhere to go from here but down...
[10]Cannons don't like the cold
[10]You were in here too a bit early
[10]You just didn't feel like getting this one
[10]AVAST YE MATEYS! THAR BE BOOTY IN THE HOLD! (I've been waiting to use that line.)

Upgrades:
[6]Sometimes you just need to walk right out into the abyss
[7]Time for a one-bird artillery strike!
[7]You know exactly where this is. If you don't, it'll cost you 50 tiny pink rocks.
[10]You went past this upgrade a bunch of times

Rooms:
Hearts:
[2]The room above the rock boss
[3]The room in NightClimb with the cannons
[3]Go down FarFall again while holding left
[3]Above and to the left of the big statue in NightWalk
[4]To the left of the big statue in NightWalk
[5]The room where you got the power to duck
[5]In your house
[6]The room with the five balloons in FarFall
[6]The room with the first gold orb
[8]Far left room of SkyTown
[10]Two screens down from the NightClimb save point
[10]First room to the right in DeepDive
[10]At the bottom fork of DeepDive, go right
[10]The sunken ship on the left

Upgrades:
[6]The room with the first gold orb
[7]One room right, two rooms above the FireCage save point
[7]Bonus
[10]One room to the left of the power to shoot ice.
HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

Thx raocow, cause of you I could find two hidden passages :D Even if you think you haven't archived alot today, you helped me, and that made me happy :mrgreen:
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

It HAD to be done.
Didn't he already record the original 2D Zelda a few times? Or something.

Edit: Never mind, I was thinking of him guesting on Oyster's video. I'm an idiot.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Oh, this is an important thing.

raocow, you should upgrade to 1.16. It makes the minigame in Bonus cheaper, adds hint signs that you definitely need, and makes several things look a little nicer. Plus, it gives a future boss his own theme music. It would have saved you some frustration in today's video, and there are some that are still relevant. You certainly don't need to do it, but you might as well.
Silver Skree

Post by Silver Skree »

GauRocks wrote:Plus, it gives a future boss his own theme music.
Are you talking about that one dude atop The Curtain? The same one you meet at the beginning of Blackcastle or whatever the name is? If so, I'm going to be very pissed because I beat him just before coming here and reading that there was an updated version. :x
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

So nobody has the old boss music / old demos anymore? I really liked the old boss music, this one is just kinda awful. :/
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

Yeah, seconding upgrading to 1.16 for the reasons listed above.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure you can't actually get past that screen you got stuck on in Deepdive without all the double-jump upgrades. You VERY ALMOST made it without them, but even so it'll make that jump a lot easier.

EDIT EDIT: Also, that screen with the "misplaced shadow" is the right room, you just haven't found the trick to it yet. If you still can't find it, there's another ability later which allows you to skip that puzzle and get past the room in a different way.
Time Traveler's Textor
Don't Wait! Get it now and be the part of fun! You will Amaze at super high quality of fine application? We are working very hardly to making assure of quality in our program. For you and your family.

Click here to download TTT Version 3.0!
Click here to download TTT Version &.%2!
Click here to download the latest version of Java!
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Time Traveler wrote:EDIT: I'm pretty sure you can't actually get past that screen you got stuck on in Deepdive without ********* upgrades. You VERY ALMOST made it without them, but even so it'll make that jump a lot easier.
He can make it now if he wants. I made it there on my "same as raocow" file.
Patashu

Post by Patashu »

Madacaek wrote:So nobody has the old boss music / old demos anymore? I really liked the old boss music, this one is just kinda awful. :/
I definitely had it at some point because I distinctly remember listening to it on loop in winamp.