(shouting)

A Super Mario Tabletop Thing - Now with Easy Watch Order

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: A Super Mario Tabletop Thing - Now with Easy Watch Order

Post by Piesonscreations »

Thanks Horikawa! That's the face of someone who absolutely knows what he's doing.
ImageImage
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Just a heads up to anyone who checks this, the normal schedule will resume shortly, I don't have the time to get a Book 2 episode out for tonight but I should be able to for tomorrow, just been really hectic recently.
Kellins

Post by Kellins »

Too many things to apologize for. But here's a little bit of what I was thinking of during book 1 episodes 45-47.

Backgrounds are not my strong suit.
last time editing I hope, thanks all for the suggestion!
Last edited by Kellins 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
ImageThe Legwork Case comic series
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Hah that's great dude, I don't blame George and Jakey Boy for just chilling back and watching, the whole House of Turner part was pretty all over the place.
Kellins

Post by Kellins »

Xirix wrote: 5 years ago Hah that's great dude, I don't blame George and Jakey Boy for just chilling back and watching, the whole House of Turner part was pretty all over the place.
Thanks, since my original hosting place started to do new regulations, I might just switch to postimage. Not sure how well that will be, but this way the images can be used without an overlay on it.
I'm also trying to catch up on everything in book 2
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Could just use imgur? I haven't used that in a bit but I imagine it's still convenient.
Piesonscreations

Yeah, imgur should be fine. I usually post the pics directly here if the file sizes allow it.
ImageImage
Kellins

Post by Kellins »

Piesonscreations wrote: Yeah, imgur should be fine. I usually post the pics directly here if the file sizes allow it.
Xirix wrote: 5 years ago Could just use imgur? I haven't used that in a bit but I imagine it's still convenient.
I try not to use forum space if possible, it's a habit I've kept since 2005 so I'm pretty used to having the image uploaded and linked from a hosting site. and for a good 10-13 years, photobucket was my only goto spot, but it changed and threw me in a loop. But thank you for the suggestion. I will try to use that for any and all new stuff i make if that is okay.

On topic though, I was spending nearly a month relistening and still trying to catch up on the series since I missed a lot. I still find this enjoyable and though late on some things, I loved the creativity of the King Charles fight. I am also glad the sessions are back again, so thank you for taking the time to edit those.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

No problem, I know there's a bit of a bumpy transition between the books which might be offputting to some I imagine, but it makes me happy knowing some peeps are still listening in. ^^
Kellins

Post by Kellins »

I'm still behind on book two, but I have made more sprites for the players. I'm going to work on updating Rezcow and Lakitu Horikawa as well.
(Edit: I'll keep from double posting)

If I need to make any changes, I will gladly do make them. I feel a bit lacking for the new characters, but i hope this will suffice.

I also wished I knew about the roll20 plot beforehand, cause I could of made them unique tokens as well.

(Edit: I hope Horikawa is okay with the colors, I'm just basing of memory but not sure what to make for the color. Again, I can esily chage and remove a set if needed, but I think it's much better than a no clothed version. And it makes the design a little bit cooler too.
Last edited by Kellins 5 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
Piesonscreations

Oh boy, nice set! Love how goofy standing rezcow looks.
ImageImage
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Oh sweet new sprites. I made one of Van ages back if you want some colour references, he wears mostly darker things. And although I use my cane as a walking stick it has no curve, it's more like a long staff kinda thing.

Keep it up, sprite fanart is always really neat. ^^
Attachments
Van sprite.png
Van sprite.png (1.16 KiB) Viewed 5426 times
Kellins

Post by Kellins »

Only up to episode 32. but I had liked this scene.
(Edit: Sorry, I noticed a slight error and had to fix it)
And cause it was asked for
Last edited by Kellins 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Aw Rezcow looks so sad >.< That whole intervention bit yeah, that was a thing... I appreciate Hannah's glare. :P
Kellins

Post by Kellins »

Xirix wrote: Aw Rezcow looks so sad >.< That whole intervention bit yeah, that was a thing... I appreciate Hannah's glare. :P
The Destroyer of Worlds wrote: 5 years ago Man, I never know what to say to these other than “I LOVE THIS STUFF” haha.

I really love the sprite work, to be honest. We use these as emoji on the discord server! I now have some more to add!

And the use of sprites in a SMW style intro screen is, imho, a really neat touch that I think makes really nice video thumbnails (and a neat way to archive major scenes).

(That poster is hella rad, btw)
Thank you both. I'm trying to update sheets as best as I can (I have toad sprites that are a lot more flexable for Ceaser) and I will be adjusting things here and there a bit too often. So if you need to make sure, I'll just leave the album right here for others to find and use if needed. I have the 100% poster size in there and title overlay that can be used if others want a go since I did it purely on intention for thumbnails if they looked good enough. I will do whatever I can to specialize anything as well. And to throw in my re-imagining of certain things just for laughs.
(I have a hard time finalizing things, so this means a lot. Thank you!)
Piesonscreations

That poster's great. Nice work! Always enjoy seeing what you come up with.
ImageImage
Kellins

Post by Kellins »

I recently got up to episode 52. The scene with Barnaboo and Van arguing with the KTCP Chief of Police was pretty intense and I got a bit worried on all 3 players(and GM) on emotions because of it. Glad it worked out okay...so far.
Two random things, First my vision of when Horikawa had to control an inactive player during a session.
And Second, when Ceaser decided to climb the wlls a Koopa Tower, all I could think of is one thing.
I hope in a few days, I will catch up to the series. And I apologizes for not catching my mistake earlier for the title card.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Lakikawa looks like she's having WAY too much fun being a puppetteer there I love it. XD And yup, snake eater quite appropriate there.

That police commissioner man, he's so stubborn. But I think Van and John work remarkably well together when they're not at each other's throats over petty things.

Btw Kellins did you watch the 1.5 streams? There's some important stuff in there, and some people don't check the Easy Watch Order list, figured I may as well direct you there incase you didn't. :P
Kellins

Post by Kellins »

Xirix wrote: 5 years ago Lakikawa looks like she's having WAY too much fun being a puppetteer there I love it. XD And yup, snake eater quite appropriate there.

That police commissioner man, he's so stubborn. But I think Van and John work remarkably well together when they're not at each other's throats over petty things.

Btw Kellins did you watch the 1.5 streams? There's some important stuff in there, and some people don't check the Easy Watch Order list, figured I may as well direct you there incase you didn't. :P
I have watched (more like listened) to the streams as well as added my own two cents with the fight against King Charles making a guess before what comes next. I was wrong though. And as mentioned before, I would have cut out a sprite and altered them into token gifs for the roll20 board for everyone. The idea was really cool.

It is really interesting when a situation forces two characters to interact and try to work together. Like with Jakey Boy and George at the warehouse, Van and Barnaboo with the commissioner. I was hoping for more with the recent episode (62), but poor Hannah.

What was also hilarious was how everyone was teasing about Game Theory, then later on, you all start talking about how everything is canon, which was also discussed on Game Theory.

I have one more title card idea in mind to make, which I might be able to finish in a few days, depending on how I set things up.

(Edit: Just what is needed, mentioned a few episodes ago.

"The Alternate Timeline"

)
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Ah so you did mention the charles fight, sorry I'm terrible at paying attention sometimes. Oh geez, the fabled beach episode? Unfortunately if this was reality both John and Van would be soooooo terrible at playing a sport, it would be hilariously pathetic tho.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I love that you call him John even when speaking out of character.

Caesar will instinctively use someone's first name if they prefer to be called by their last name. Van will defiantly mangle someone's last name after they ask him to not, if they get on his bad side. Both of us will internalize that character trait even when we're not playing.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Oh yeah it's worth noting at this point Jakey Boy is wearing the "Sweet Dreams" jacket... which obviously wouldn't be very translatable into a low resolution sprite, but it is black. I linked a picture of it a little while back.
Kellins

Post by Kellins »

Xirix wrote: 5 years ago Oh yeah it's worth noting at this point Jakey Boy is wearing the "Sweet Dreams" jacket... which obviously wouldn't be very translatable into a low resolution sprite, but it is black. I linked a picture of it a little while back.
Done. though low resolution, the "Sweet Dreams"jacket is represented. And I think he still has his shades too.

I need to finish with updating Ceaser's still, which I'll have done in an hour or two. then I can try the wacky outfits you guys keep adding up.
Also hope you all enjoyed the sprite of Sharon I snuck in there.

(edit: Ceaser Rejoins the fray!
Image)
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Kellins wrote: 5 years ago then I can try the wacky outfits you guys keep adding up.
Oh god... sharks incoming. >.<
Kellins

Post by Kellins »

Xirix wrote: 5 years ago
Kellins wrote: 5 years ago then I can try the wacky outfits you guys keep adding up.
Oh god... sharks incoming. >.<
I remember Rezcow's wasn't the same, so I though a walleyed cheap cheap would be best. Couldn't think of anything better that says "cheap knockoff". I know there was pictures, but there was too many varieties when I looked up "shark hat"......so many sharks.