(shouting)

A Super Mario Tabletop Thing - Now with Easy Watch Order

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Re: A Super Mario Tabletop Thing - Now with Easy Watch Order

Post by Ditocoaf »

Oh man, I think this is the first fanart of McFlibbity. A+!

And yeah, since I stopped editing episodes and there was a long time before Xirix picked it up again, you're definitely not as far behind as you might feel.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

I'm on the 25th episode of the first book, Dito. I think i'm fairly far behind. :lol:
ImageImage
Piesonscreations

Horikawa Otane wrote: 5 years ago
Piesonscreations wrote: 5 years ago https://twitter.com/Piesonscreation/sta ... 4769748992 (Here's the pic on twitter.)

I made some more Let's Cortex fanart! Like, 3 years later.
YESSSSSS! One of my favorite new characters too! :D
Does he become more important later on? I thought about starting off with him cause I thought he'd be pretty incosequential! haha!
ImageImage
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Oh no, oh nooooooooooooo why did you have to draw him of all people? XD Nice art though. ^^ (I won't elaborate on this reaction at all, you'll have to find out yourself :P)
Piesonscreations

oh god. Well, looking forward to it.
ImageImage
Piesonscreations

https://twitter.com/Piesonscreation/sta ... 6445386752

The image was big enough that i couldn't post it as is on here, lol.
This is that moment where Boolina jumped off a building into a helicopter. fun times
Not entirely happy with how this one turned out- I was originally going to draw Big Boo Jones, but you know, I spent a bunch of time trying to draw a circle with a face and I just couldn't do it.
ImageImage
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Piesonscreations wrote: 5 years ago https://twitter.com/Piesonscreation/sta ... 6445386752

The image was big enough that i couldn't post it as is on here, lol.
This is that moment where Boolina jumped off a building into a helicopter. fun times
Not entirely happy with how this one turned out- I was originally going to draw Big Boo Jones, but you know, I spent a bunch of time trying to draw a circle with a face and I just couldn't do it.
Awesome! One of my favorite scenes from early in the game.
Piesonscreations

Yeah, the whole explosion bit caught me really off guard. It seems you can't be too careful in this campaign- and I don't know if the crew ever is, or will be careful :lol:
ImageImage
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

This was definitely one of the more memorable moments of the early eps, and I guess the first real inter-party drama? Good stuff. ^^

I wouldn't worry about not being able to draw Big Boo Jones, it's impressive enough that peeps can draw Boos with clothes on and make it look good. :P
Piesonscreations

Xirix wrote: 5 years ago [...]it's impressive enough that peeps can draw Boos with clothes on and make it look good. :P
Oh, it's hell to try and fit clothes into those things, super super awkward.
ImageImage
Ludicrine
I'm scared of forums please be gentle
First name: Ludi
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Ludicrine »

So I know that I'm way late to the party, but I'm so grateful that this is a thing and I'm very thankful for everyone that's had a hand in it. In addition to being the only podcast I listen to, this is probably one of my all-time favorite (media? Should I call it media)- anythings, and if you were to ask anyone I know, they'd tell you that I never shut up about it. As someone who's coming some three-years late to the series, I'm so blessed to have Book One still being uploaded on a regular-ish basis. I'm super-looking forward to more and I can't wait to get started on Book Two eventually! So yeah. You folks are wonderful, thank for make, thank for edit, thank for upload, high five, low five, all that.

Also, if the "howdy" shirt ever becomes a real thing, let me know. I'll take twenty.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Always nice to hear about new people getting into Let's Cortex. ^^
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Ludicrine wrote: 5 years ago So I know that I'm way late to the party, but I'm so grateful that this is a thing and I'm very thankful for everyone that's had a hand in it. In addition to being the only podcast I listen to, this is probably one of my all-time favorite (media? Should I call it media)- anythings, and if you were to ask anyone I know, they'd tell you that I never shut up about it. As someone who's coming some three-years late to the series, I'm so blessed to have Book One still being uploaded on a regular-ish basis. I'm super-looking forward to more and I can't wait to get started on Book Two eventually! So yeah. You folks are wonderful, thank for make, thank for edit, thank for upload, high five, low five, all that.

Also, if the "howdy" shirt ever becomes a real thing, let me know. I'll take twenty.
This was downright heartwarming to read. Thank you!

I'm really glad that this is still finding new fans after all this time. And the fact that there are people who like it so much despite its smallish listenership.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Just a heads up, no original cortex today, the session I'm on needs more work than usual and I'm too busy to get it done in time, sorry. :P It'll be back next week for sure.
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

By the way, I'm curious to hear from anyone following this via the podcast feed. I listened to it that way during the Book 2 stuff before I came back, because I listen to podcasts frequently anyway.

I know that there is some number of subscribers, but it's hard to tell if they ever speak up since this thread is slow and it's reasonable to assume the Youtube comments are mostly from Youtube listeners.
xface20

Post by xface20 »

Horikawa Otane wrote: 5 years ago
...I will say that most things that end up getting revealed later were planned from the start in my initial world document. I've expanded upon a lot, changed some world-building aspects dynamically based on player response, etc. but the grand universe-level stuff is remarkably close to how I intended it back at the creation of the series. At some point, whenever Cortex ends, I'll probably write (or record?) a little retrospective on what changed universe-wise and why...
Oh wow, I didn't know you were Babylon 5-ing it. That's impressive! The twists and turns continue to be a blast to follow week by week, and I look forward to Cortex Redux Retrospective one day.

Side note: I have a growing stack of post-it notes on my desk with fan art ideas that I just need some free time to execute on ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
ay.kay.ay. "ChibiDuo"
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

Horikawa Otane wrote: 5 years ago One person on a video left a comment saying that they'll "never stop loving how this series can go from completely ridiculous to genuinely intriguing and back to ridiculous again like it's nothing." That made me feel really proud.
i was gonna have this big response about how much i like the series, what i like about it, stuff about the tone dynamic thing i commented on, and the dedication for doing worldbuilding for a thing like this, and stuff. but i'm really tired and it kept coming out bad so i gave up on it.

so i'll just give a simple "hey, i'm glad you are making a thing, and i'm glad you like making the thing, and i'm glad the thing i said meant something to you."

hopefully i can word stuff better next time
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
Piesonscreations

This is Mr. Kamek, from that mansion where the gang went to recharge the kart. The actual quote would actually be "That would be unfortunate", but uh, artistic liberties. :lol:
Attachments
Mr Kamek.png
Mr Kamek.png (833.46 KiB) Viewed 4858 times
ImageImage
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

I love how shrunken-down those two look compared to Kamek, I feel he looks way posher than Horikawa makes him sound though :D
Piesonscreations

Well, uh, it's all about the intent of the character and heightening it haha
Also, I added the cat in the bg because i hadn't caught that Kamek had a cat in the first place (and i'm still not sure if he does), so now the cat's there in spirit.
ImageImage
Piesonscreations

I know it's a bit of an old meme at this point, but i kinda felt the need to do it anyway.

Here are the standalone pictures: http://piesonscreations.tumblr.com/post ... ch-are-you
Last edited by Piesonscreations 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Unfamiliar with that meme but man you're busy again. :P I love how absolutely creepy Daryl (Yes yes I know, it's not spelled like that) looks, also the others look SO happy committing violence. XD

Digging the creepy Lakikawa too, you're spoiling us dude.
Piesonscreations

Xirix wrote: 5 years ago "...I love how absolutely creepy Daryl (Yes yes I know, it's not spelled like that) looks."
How would you go about writing Daryl if not like that? "Darryl"??

Also, thanks a bunch, It was fun to do this! Interesting tidbit: rezcow is wearing crocs.
ImageImage
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Piesonscreations wrote: 5 years ago
How would you go about writing Daryl if not like that? "Darryl"??

Also, thanks a bunch, It was fun to do this! Interesting tidbit: rezcow is wearing crocs.
Um, I believe the 'correct' spelling is Deryllllll or something silly like that. It's probably fine to just use Daryl tho. :P
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

If I remember rright, Sturg quickly decided at one point that his name is spelt with "three Rs, three Ys, and three Ls"