(shouting)

the 'raocow has a patreon' thread

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Money

Re: the 'raocow has a patreon' thread

Post by Money »

thinking about it, if mr the cow were to do undertale it'd probably be best if he gave it the super meat boy treatment, that is LPing it a couple years down the line when its popularity has died down. i'd be interested in him playing it, but yeah the current oversaturated climate might not be the best for it.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

My anti-Undertale vote is 101% because I don't want to hear people in the comments or on the forum say dumb stuff about how raocow plays it. That's literally it. He doesn't deserve that and neither do most of us, or anyone who is silly enough to play the game publicly instead of on their own time. I dunno if that would be really solved by waiting 2-3 years, and by then what's even the point of him playing it? :S
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mikkofier »

Undertale lp would be fine if everyone on Talkhaus had to sign a pledge to not complain about how raocow decides to play the game, under penalty of exile.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Mikkofier wrote:Undertale lp would be fine if everyone on Talkhaus had to sign a pledge to not complain about how raocow decides to play the game, under penalty of exile.
That would literally never happen. The Talkhaus is basically incapable of being okay with how raocow plays. Large parts of it seem to only be part of the community because they enjoy complaining about how he plays. It drives me nuts.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

So, vote is over. Is there a full list of points for all the games?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
ACesspoolofHatred
What vision is this? What happens to the world?!

Post by ACesspoolofHatred »

honestly, if raocow ever found himself having to play a game like Undertale that exploded in popularity and made LPer's lives living hells

I'd be perfectly okay with him just doing something like what he did with Mega Man X and prerecording the whole thing and leaving it for a rainy day or a gap between games.

Also, someone asked for the point totals? Here they are

Aquaria 80
Ori and the Blind Forest 75
Fly'N 69
Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows 67
Escape Goat 2 64
Psychonauts 48
Dust: An Elysian Tail 46
Hyper Princess Pitch 44
Mischief Maker 43
Super Cat Planet 43
Mega Man: Square Root of Negative One 37
Crash Bandicoot Trilogy 34
Axiom Verge 33
Dynamite Headdy 32
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror 28
Electronic Superjoy 27
Faxanadu 27
Prinny: Can I really be the hero? 27
Hyper Light Drifter 26
DKC Trilogy 25
Odallus: The Dark Call 24
Ittle Dew 22
Super Paper Mario 22
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams 21
Legend of the Dark Witch 21
Ys Origin 20
Super Time Force 17
Umbrella Adventure 17
Hero 'trilogy' 15
Ys The Oath of Felghana 15
Adventure in the Tower of Flight 14
Mega Man Super Fighting Robot 14
htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary 13
Super Metroid 13
Azure Striker Gunvolt 11
Super Mario 3Mix 11
Aero The Acrobat 2 9
Crystalis 9
Rockman 4 Burst Chaser X Air Sliding 9
Ufouria 8
Astro Boy: Omega Factor 7
Cave Story 7
Freedom Fall 7
Mechanic Man 7
Neutopia 6
Rabi-Ribi 6
River City Ransom Underground 6
Blob Wars: Metal Blob Solid 5
Foreverhood 5
Mahou Warrior 5
Nail 'n Scale 5
A Game with a Kitty by origamihero (series, any game from it) 4
Mugen Senshi Valis 3
Mystik Belle 3
Vista Quest Pocket 3
Song of the Deep 2
Super Metroid Redesign 2
Mercenary King 1
Metal Storm 1
Ultimate Chicken Horse 1
Silhouette Mirage 0
AMaPaNi -1
Sonic 2 XL -1
River City Ransom -2
Starbound -7
Mighty No. 9 French -17
Undertale -29

this is all without d's vote because it came TOO LATE for me to count
I have no social media presence, my only purpose here is to dismay and terrify you all, and I hope to continue to do so - Me, on one of Duvi0's Drawful streams
Y'know, Cesspool, that is, like, honestly... That was what I expected from you, and y'know what? That's my favorite thing that anyone does, specifically. Cesspool I adore you. - Duvi0 that same stream
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Looks around the same as my list. Nice to see.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

This list saddens me. :(
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ACesspoolofHatred

The bereaved Maiku was greatly aggrieved when i had to inform him that Sonic XL was -1 points into the ground
I have no social media presence, my only purpose here is to dismay and terrify you all, and I hope to continue to do so - Me, on one of Duvi0's Drawful streams
Y'know, Cesspool, that is, like, honestly... That was what I expected from you, and y'know what? That's my favorite thing that anyone does, specifically. Cesspool I adore you. - Duvi0 that same stream
Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Sonic XL was cute, but having seen it played once, I have no particular urge to see it again.

Pretty solid list all around, though.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

2.5 Falcom games and the best metroidvania in years are in the list, but are downboated to hell because waaaah anime graphics
Instead we get super cat planet because memes (and it's not even the same creator)???

At least there's mischief makers... And shovel knight I guess although the differences are really not that much

Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

To be known that super cat planet captured spirit of cat planet well.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

oh wow, fly'n actually scored pretty high on the patreon poll? rad. that game is gorgeous. i suggested it like two-three years ago i think
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Jesuiscontent wrote:2.5 Falcom games and the best metroidvania in years are in the list, but are downboated to hell because waaaah anime graphics
there's a huge gulf between just anime graphics and what rabi-ribi is
hell, if people downvoted because anime graphics, Dust and its deviantart-tier furry designs should've gone out the window
Telamon

Post by Telamon »

BobisOnlyBob wrote:
Jesuiscontent wrote:2.5 Falcom games and the best metroidvania in years are in the list, but are downboated to hell because waaaah anime graphics
there's a huge gulf between just anime graphics and what rabi-ribi is
hell, if people downvoted because anime graphics, Dust and its deviantart-tier furry designs should've gone out the window
For me, the different is that Dust doesn't take the 'Like Touhou, but with less clothing' approach to character design.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

just to be clear I did vote for Dust, third after two games which didn't win, and Rabi-Ribi would've been in my Top 10 if I hadn't gone Top 5 / Bottom 3 instead.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Wait, I was half-kidding with this, but you guys ACTUALLY vote for a game because of graphics? Because if so, this list makes a lot more sense now. nyoro~n

seriously, did you play Dust? It's a complete snoozefest. It's like Distorted travesty-tier story, except it doesn't have the gameplay to save it. Might as well play a Vanillaware game instead, they are pretty much strictly better.

Crow

Post by Crow »

for a #1 pick I think aquaria is going to end up being a bit disappointing, just fyi. it's good but it's not as good as most of the games below it.
i didn't really like escape goat 2 but a lot of that was because they added the wacky platforming that was in the postgame of escape goat 1 into the maingame, i bet raocow will still enjoy it

dynamite heady and kirby amazing mirror would've both probably made cool LPs but they're official games and not indie stuff so i can understand why they got cut
super paper mario too, though that would've been like the most AAA modern game raocow's ever played
very glad to not see cave story or undertale tbh. we don't need more LPs of those.

also why the buzzard am i not a patron of the cow yet, i have a job now i can afford it
Last edited by Crow 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

The trailers video did probably have a lot of effect on some of the placements too.
Crow

Post by Crow »

i think out of all of these i am most hyped for psychonauts and ori. psychonauts is just hilarious and incredibly raocow and i'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. and ori is just plain fantastic
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Willhart wrote:The trailers video did probably have a lot of effect on some of the placements too.
I'm convinced the fact that raocow said faxanadu was a terrible game is what made it get so many negative votes and I'm

VERY MAD

about it

Which is weird, because even if I didn't know the game, to me the fact that raocow thinks it's horrible would be a #1 reason to vote for it

Giik

Post by Giik »

oh shit

i might need to PM raocow about SCP since i'm working on a patch that fixes a bunch of stuff and redoes a sort of extra bonus thing because it felt very sloppy and bad

main game is fine though, i'm just not sure how fast he'll be able to find the extra bonus thing
ACesspoolofHatred

Giik wrote:oh shit

i might need to PM raocow about SCP since i'm working on a patch that fixes a bunch of stuff and redoes a sort of extra bonus thing because it felt very sloppy and bad

main game is fine though, i'm just not sure how fast he'll be able to find the extra bonus thing
well, how far along is it????

you've probably got 'til big fish legend and mega man square root are done. which could... be a while!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Jesuiscontent wrote:
Willhart wrote:The trailers video did probably have a lot of effect on some of the placements too.
I'm convinced the fact that raocow said faxanadu was a terrible game is what made it get so many negative votes and I'm

VERY MAD

about it

Which is weird, because even if I didn't know the game, to me the fact that raocow thinks it's horrible would be a #1 reason to vote for it
If it's any solace, I expect the Fan Translations of The Legend of Xanadu 1 (AKA Dragon Slayer VIII) and Legend of Xanadu 2 will be done by the time of the next Patreon Poll, and I'm planning to submit those.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Jesuiscontent wrote:

VERY MAD

about it
The Faxanadu sabotage was a frustrating thing indeed (as was raocow's magical choice of scenes to show off to the world). I'm genuinely curious where raocow's Faxaversion comes from, considering he's spoken non-disparagingly of Zelda 2, and Faxandu's essentially what Zelda 2 would be if it weren't a conga line of bad decisions. On the other hand, hey, Mischief Makers!

That all said, it's very interesting how different the list is from the one we saw with the other system. Most notable is the absence of A Game With a Kitty, which had previously managed to to remain in the top 10 by sheer power of being the first on the list by default and not off-putting enough for anyone to bother moving it particularly low down on the list.