(shouting)

the 'raocow has a patreon' thread

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Re: the 'raocow has a patreon' thread

Post by Telamon »

I still think the site could be worth using if it just scrambled the list before giving it to you.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Voltgloss wrote:
Telamon wrote:
MoneyMan wrote:didn't raocow make it clear a long time ago "no cave story ever" or has it been long enough that that's kinda out the window?
There's a large contingent who think making raocow play a game he doesn't want to play is a good idea. Hopefully once we get a less whack voting method we can still avoid that eventuality, though.
I didn't get the sense from raocow's trailer video that Cave Story falls into the category of "game he doesn't want to play." There are definitely some games in the list that clearly fall into that category - but I don't think Cave Story is one of them.

I think what people are talking about is this. At one point he flat out stated he would not play Cave Story (along with Minecraft).

Argumentable wrote:Reposting this here

Argumentable wrote:Hey, guys. It's nice that you want to suggest a game and everything, but there are a few that get repeated postings that raocow has said before that he will not play. Here's a handy list for all of you guys out there so I have an excuse to yell at you when you post them

DO NOT SUGGEST
-Cave Story
-Commercial games
-RPGs
-YOUR romhack/game (Unless it's really really amazing and you have people who aren't your friends or yourself that agree)

Love,
mgmt
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

A big part of why rao had a standing order of "do not suggest Cave Story" was because Cave Story was the Undertale of its time. It was literally getting suggested every week, and it was (in rao's opinion) over-LP'd. He said in the most recent trailer compilation video that it's cooled down enough that he'd be willing to play it at this point if it won enough support.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
ACesspoolofHatred
What vision is this? What happens to the world?!

Post by ACesspoolofHatred »

swirlybomb you wretched joke-ruiner, how dare you

jk I actually wasn't expecting it to go on so long either
I have no social media presence, my only purpose here is to dismay and terrify you all, and I hope to continue to do so - Me, on one of Duvi0's Drawful streams
Y'know, Cesspool, that is, like, honestly... That was what I expected from you, and y'know what? That's my favorite thing that anyone does, specifically. Cesspool I adore you. - Duvi0 that same stream
ACesspoolofHatred

you are looking to have a very short pat-a-pon video tomorrow mr the cow
I have no social media presence, my only purpose here is to dismay and terrify you all, and I hope to continue to do so - Me, on one of Duvi0's Drawful streams
Y'know, Cesspool, that is, like, honestly... That was what I expected from you, and y'know what? That's my favorite thing that anyone does, specifically. Cesspool I adore you. - Duvi0 that same stream
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

ACesspoolofHatred wrote:you are looking to have a very short pat-a-pon video tomorrow mr the cow
I think some people tend to save their questions for the last day. Shorter video will be refreshing though.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'll be going over the new voting thing so that'll compensate a little bit.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

unfortunately I'm gonna have to delay the video to tomorrow. I just got done processing my wario land video and it's 2gb, so it's gonna take a while to upload (+ I haven't even started on Rex Rocket yet) -- turns out a 25 minute video with rain through the whole thing gets pretty huge, who knows!

anyway, what this means is that when all is done, since you can only upload one video at a time on youtube I'd end up uploading the patreon video way in the evening, in which case I'd rather delay it by a day.

My apologies for any inconveniance this may cause :(
raocow

Post by raocow »

so the new vote is started!
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Now everyone's gonna know I'm that person gosh
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
ACesspoolofHatred

be aware of that KeenanFunk guy, looks like he's got a few repeat votes or something.

I dunno if somethin's glitchin' for him or if he's actively trying to spam the thing, but be aware nonetheless!

EDIT: Willhart had to resubmit his vote, so be aware of that too!
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I'll try to keep track of these. Will see how it goes.
ACesspoolofHatred

Willhart wrote:I'll try to keep track of these. Will see how it goes.
doin' that as well

The "Freeze Pane" feature in Excel is a godsend for situations like these
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

ACesspoolofHatred wrote:be aware of that KeenanFunk guy, looks like he's got a few repeat votes or something.

I dunno if somethin's glitchin' for him or if he's actively trying to spam the thing, but be aware nonetheless!

EDIT: Willhart had to resubmit his vote, so be aware of that too!
Might be a result of Patreon's comment system where pressing enter posts it as opposed to putting in a line break. Which is dumb.
ACesspoolofHatred

Been meanin' to ask, Willhart

How're you arranging all the vote data?
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

[Game Only One Person Voted For] has more vote points than Cave Story. I'd also count to see if it qualifies for "more than Undertale" but some of the early voters voted it way up - that one might be breaking an even zero.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
ACesspoolofHatred

Undertale is at the very bottom right now at -18.

Positive votes for it total at 14.

Also, Djinn had to edit his thing a bunch, so make sure to count his thing too raocow
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

ACesspoolofHatred wrote:Undertale is at the very bottom right now at -18.

Also, Djinn had to edit his thing a bunch, so make sure to count his thing too raocow
Stupid enter key. I kept forgetting to hold shift. :(
ACesspoolofHatred

The Doctor wrote:
ACesspoolofHatred wrote:Undertale is at the very bottom right now at -18.

Stupid enter key. I kept forgetting to hold shift. :(
I type all my stuff in a word processor, so I don't got that problem. 8-)
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

I used to type all my e-mails, journals/blogs and others in Notepad before sending them online... not sure why I didn't think of that for Patreon >_> Except maybe for that time that Paste stopped working in YouTube.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

For those keeping track, what's the current bottom and top game? Curious.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

SAJewers wrote:For those keeping track, what's the current bottom and top game? Curious.
Ori and the blind forest has a good lead by now. Undertale is also still on negative points.
ACesspoolofHatred

Voting still ends this weekend, so get the vote out!!!
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

That means there is not too much left actually. It's Friday already here.
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Guess I'd better vote and stuff.

Interesting to see that Rabi-Ribi seems to be the most controversial, other than Undertale. Other than a few really positive posts I haven't heard much about it.