(shouting)

Nocturne in the Moonlight - Castlevania SotN (PSP version) Blind

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ometeotl

Re: Underground of the Sight - Castlevania SoN (PSP version) Blind

Post by Ometeotl »

Alucart you say? How long until Tracula shows up?
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I forgot to mention it yesterday, but the clock item looks pretty useful.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

Mineyl wrote:
ztarwuff wrote:

You know... we forgot to warn raocow about the purple save point. It's a good thing he decided to go down that side-shaft instead of the main one.

raocow doesn't have any of the things that'll allow him to get in there (bat form, extended mist form, gravity boots). It's why I kinda' wish he'd stuck with doing the Colosseum instead, but at least he's covering a pretty good amount of new ground, now.

Even better, then.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Doesn't he still have a data cap with his ISP? That would probably kill it.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Wouldn't it be great if the bandanna gave you infinite ammo instead
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

wrong game ano0maly

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

ano0maly wrote:Wouldn't it be great if the bandanna gave you infinite ammo instead
given psycho mantis can read castlevania saves, this would only be right
Razzling
Maximum gay
First name: Josie
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Razzling »

While what can be said about the Alucart set has already been said here's what the status stuff looks like with all three equipped.
Image I realize now it's kinda hard to see the luck bonus since I have other stat items equipped but it does give you 30 luck
also I'm still kinda confused though how raocow could read "Resembles" and still think it's the real deal.

also through the magic of an invisible cape it is confirmed that Alucard in fact, has no shoulders

:trans_pride:
SpoonyGundam

Re: Sympathy of the Blind Night - Castlevania SoN (PSP version) Blind

Post by SpoonyGundam »

Horikawa Otane wrote:The Saturn areas are accessible through an (easy) glitch - I just confirmed they are in the game.
The only video I found for the Saturn areas on PSP is the same placeholder savepoint that you can glitch into on the PS1 version too, with no way to proceed further. I'd be happy to be wrong, but I don't think the actual areas are there.

Plus the glitch requires a Duplicator in the first place, which is a ridiculous 3-4 hour grind to get in the PSP version because one of the few glitches they actually fixed was the Sword Brothers infinite gems thing.

Mineyl

Re: Passenger of the Rite - Castlevania SoN (PSP version) Blind

Post by Mineyl »

Man, I keep typing and deleting posts because I'm just not sure how much direction we should give raocow. I know he'll eventually find what he needs to find all by himself, but I hate seeing him trying to solve a "puzzle" and not being able to do so because the game hasn't given him all the tools he needs in order to do it.
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Mineyl wrote:Man, I keep typing and deleting posts because I'm just not sure how much direction we should give raocow. I know he'll eventually find what he needs to find all by himself, but I hate seeing him trying to solve a "puzzle" and not being able to do so because the game hasn't given him all the tools he needs in order to do it.
I think he's doing fine and doesn't need any further direction at this point. Trying to reach places you can't get to, and noting what you might need in the future to reach them, is part of what playing a Metroidvania is all about.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

Well, I will clarify one thing, because it's not actually related to progressing: raocow, when people tell you to "press buttons during the loading screen," what they actually mean is "press and hold the directional buttons during the loading screen."
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

Voltgloss wrote:I think he's doing fine and doesn't need any further direction at this point. Trying to reach places you can't get to, and noting what you might need in the future to reach them, is part of what playing a Metroidvania is all about.
You're probably right. I'm just imagining the worst case scenario where

he gets the mist form, then a video or two later finds the bat form, then goes to the Catacombs and has to backtrack for the Echo of Bat before he can get the Spike Breaker Armor. Also envisioning a trip to the Royal Chapel and two or ten tries at flying through the spike-filled corridor only to discover the Jewel of Open door at the end of it and possibly game overing in the process. I've also no idea how he'll know to put both of the rings on to open up the clock room in the Marble Gallery without us telling him, since it is indeed more of a room than a Clock Tower (with there being an actual Clock Tower area in the game, on that note).

raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc

Post by Falky »

Mineyl wrote:
Voltgloss wrote:I think he's doing fine and doesn't need any further direction at this point. Trying to reach places you can't get to, and noting what you might need in the future to reach them, is part of what playing a Metroidvania is all about.
You're probably right. I'm just imagining the worst case scenario where

he gets the mist form, then a video or two later finds the bat form, then goes to the Catacombs and has to backtrack for the Echo of Bat before he can get the Spike Breaker Armor. Also envisioning a trip to the Royal Chapel and two or ten tries at flying through the spike-filled corridor only to discover the Jewel of Open door at the end of it and possibly game overing in the process. I've also no idea how he'll know to put both of the rings on to open up the clock room in the Marble Gallery without us telling him, since it is indeed more of a room than a Clock Tower (with there being an actual Clock Tower area in the game, on that note).

The same way everyone else who's ever played the game knows, presumably.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Passenger of the Rite - Castlevania SoN (PSP version) Blind

Post by Sorel »

I tried the exact same things you described when I played the game for the first time.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Ha, the description for this video is very funny. Worthy of being from a webcomic, for sure.

I just wish I could look at the comments from raocow.com, instead of having to go to Youtube. Like it used to be before the Talkhaustrophie.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

That Pentagram isn't a pentagram at all, it's a Star of David! But I guess if crucifixes work there ain't no reason why a Star of David can't not.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Ahh! right after my previous post, raocow.com changed!

ah!

...and, it doesn't look like it have the thing I wanted.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Going off what I last said about the double jump, this is what amuses me the most about the ability. The mere fact that he got it made the Mermaid Statue USELESS, since he could traverse the entire waterway to the holy symbol with just his double jump and spamming potions! Hahahaha!
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Riolu180 wrote:Going off what I last said about the double jump, this is what amuses me the most about the ability. The mere fact that he got it made the Mermaid Statue USELESS, since he could traverse the entire waterway to the holy symbol with just his double jump and spamming potions! Hahahaha!
chereon opens a gate halfway through the waterway, so you still need him to show up, anyway.
Horikawa Otane wrote:
SpoonyGundam wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:The Saturn areas are accessible through an (easy) glitch - I just confirmed they are in the game.
The only video I found for the Saturn areas on PSP is the same placeholder savepoint that you can glitch into on the PS1 version too, with no way to proceed further. I'd be happy to be wrong, but I don't think the actual areas are there.

Plus the glitch requires a Duplicator in the first place, which is a ridiculous 3-4 hour grind to get in the PSP version because one of the few glitches they actually fixed was the Sword Brothers infinite gems thing.

Yeah sorry, you're right. Looks like the Saturn version is better, but there's no English translation for it, so sadly that wouldn't have been an option >.<
I can confirm this is the case. I glitched into the area and the saturn exclusion section is not in the psp version, its just the glitched placeholder savepoint from the ps1 version.

You dont need the method spoony used to get in there, just the slope glitch will work.

edit: video added to show off entering the unifinished area
Last edited by Tenlade 9 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

raocow should get the Saturn rom and play those areas for FULL COMPLETION LP. I actually own that version because I spend way too much money on video games. It's the definitive version.. if you're into load times.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Tenlade wrote:
Riolu180 wrote:Going off what I last said about the double jump, this is what amuses me the most about the ability. The mere fact that he got it made the Mermaid Statue USELESS, since he could traverse the entire waterway to the holy symbol with just his double jump and spamming potions! Hahahaha!
chereon opens a gate halfway through the waterway, so you still need him to show up, anyway.
Ah, really? I never knew that! Of course, I got the double jump after that part of the game, I think, so of course I'd never know!

In other news, watching this LP is making me want to get back to beating SotN myself! :D I should go do so~
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

@Tenlade: I knew that panel by the beginning looked suspicious.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Gardenolva

Re: Sympathy of the Blind Night - Castlevania SoN (PSP version) Blind

Post by Gardenolva »

Sebby19 wrote:Ahh! right after my previous post, raocow.com changed!
Well, it does now give me access to his older videos.....
Horikawa Otane wrote:Yeah sorry, you're right. Looks like the Saturn version is better, but there's no English translation for it, so sadly that wouldn't have been an option >.<
I really wanted to play the Saturn version of SotN, but I need a decent emulator for a fast and smooth play.

Gardenolva

Post by Gardenolva »

WHOAH!! He found IT!!

THE SUCCUBUS PATH!!

Oh! this is getting good to watch!!