(shouting)

Let's Play NEW Super Marisa Land

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
LightSlei

Re: Let's Play NEW Super Marisa Land

Post by LightSlei »

To be honest this game confuses me because regardless of what I set the keys to do with my gamepad, I really don't get dashing. Every time I jump it acts as if the I also want the item to be thrown out of the box and I keep getting this box for every jump:

Maybe if I knew what each numpad key did it would help x.x.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

In terms of the defaults, Z and X are jump and run in some order. C is item toss, A is pause (like you've done there). You should probably take a look at your config menu: I show it off in the very first video.

If you're using a game pad, however, I can't help you.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

Going to guess that's it O_o.
anomaly

Post by anomaly »

The frog suit is awesome underwater; it really makes many water segments trivial and much faster. It is nearly unaffected by the bubbles too. You'll need that at some point later for stars.

That said, on land it has limited uses because the controls are cumbersome and kind of unreliable. I wouldn't recommend wearing it until when you actually need it - there are a few spots that need its superior jump height/distance. You can't really run like you can with other suits; instead you control the hop and jump distances depending on whether you hold the run button. Also, you can duck and move with it (but you can't jump while ducking).
Cup

Post by Cup »

Kilga, your taste is exquisite. All those Youtube Suwako suit on land haters just don't see the hilarity of inadvertently frog hopping into every hole. Hell, I used it for almost the entirety of the SDM and now that place is my most cherished memory of the game.

But because it's apparently so much fun to talk about things you won't encounter for several more videos, I'll say I'm looking forward to when you come across a particularly tricky part of the game. My only advice could be to try to do it slowly. Um... yeah. Not too obvious was it?
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Yu-! o>

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Cup

Post by Cup »

haha damn it. He's on to me.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

So this means there is going to be exactly one dude from that whole game?

Man, that's harsh.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Yeah, Rinnosuke does seem to get around.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'll admit that I know nothing about the whole Touhou thing outside of the games you all have played, but this particular game looks like it's pretty fun.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

sou nanoka
Bean wrote:I'll admit that I know nothing about the whole Touhou thing outside of the games you all have played, but this particular game looks like it's pretty fun.
I'll be waiting for your no-hit MegaMari run. :D

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
anomaly

Post by anomaly »

Wow thanks for discovering secret exit in that waterway. That skips like half the game. Makes me wonder, what would happen if you beat the game from that route (skipping some bosses)? Because, minor detail? Open at your own risk
That means you haven't found all the mushrooms...
Edit: Remember that you can duck and slide with frog suit when you need to control your position (for getting powerups).
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

anomaly wrote:Wow thanks for discovering secret exit in that waterway. That skips like half the game. Makes me wonder, what would happen if you beat the game from that route (skipping some bosses)? Because, minor detail? Open at your own risk
That means you haven't found all the mushrooms...
I just tried it out (took me about half an hour)
Nothing changes whatsoever. When the fairies mug you they magically grab all 6 mushrooms from you even though you only got the one from Nue, and the ending is the same from there.
Time Traveler's Textor
Don't Wait! Get it now and be the part of fun! You will Amaze at super high quality of fine application? We are working very hardly to making assure of quality in our program. For you and your family.

Click here to download TTT Version 3.0!
Click here to download TTT Version &.%2!
Click here to download the latest version of Java!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Terry von Feleday

Post by Terry von Feleday »

4-4 is where I stopped playing this game. After the very even and generally forgiving difficulty curve and the friendly design of the levels before it, having so many factors of endgame difficulty suddenly piled up on you before the halfway point of the game is just incredibly jarring.

I mean, seriously, I hate ice physics and I wish they would just disappear from platformer conventions, but I can generally deal with them. But when the game expects me to play casually and gradually introduces concepts for three worlds and then suddenly requires me to use a new form that seems to have somewhat sloppy controls even without ice physics to do precision platforming while giving me about a second or maybe two of error margin between each "checkpoint" and every missed checkpoint below the 3/4th mark in the level requiring me to start the level over, that's just bad.

I'm not exactly a skilled player, but come on couldn't they at least put this level towards the end or something

the concept of a difficulty curve does exist for a reason you know

(also yes I did wait for you to get to this point in the game just so I could post this rant)

(video games still make me angry by the way)
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

hi5 man

i am all for the anger at things

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

Terry von Feleday wrote:4-4 ARGH!
4-4 is a pretty crazy stage, but there IS a secret exit in 4-3 which allows you to skip in entirely, in addition to the one in 4-1 which allows you to skip the entirety of world 4.

It's also way easier if you pretend the red stars don't exist.

I honestly got more annoyed at stage 4-5, simply because the red stars in that stage make it 50 times harder.
Time Traveler's Textor
Don't Wait! Get it now and be the part of fun! You will Amaze at super high quality of fine application? We are working very hardly to making assure of quality in our program. For you and your family.

Click here to download TTT Version 3.0!
Click here to download TTT Version &.%2!
Click here to download the latest version of Java!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Ahh, good ol' japanese difficulty curve.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
anomaly

Post by anomaly »

Terry von Feleday wrote:4-4 is where I stopped playing this game. After the very even and generally forgiving difficulty curve and the friendly design of the levels before it, having so many factors of endgame difficulty suddenly piled up on you before the halfway point of the game is just incredibly jarring.

I mean, seriously, I hate ice physics and I wish they would just disappear from platformer conventions, but I can generally deal with them. But when the game expects me to play casually and gradually introduces concepts for three worlds and then suddenly requires me to use a new form that seems to have somewhat sloppy controls even without ice physics to do precision platforming while giving me about a second or maybe two of error margin between each "checkpoint" and every missed checkpoint below the 3/4th mark in the level requiring me to start the level over, that's just bad.

I'm not exactly a skilled player, but come on couldn't they at least put this level towards the end or something

the concept of a difficulty curve does exist for a reason you know

(also yes I did wait for you to get to this point in the game just so I could post this rant)

(video games still make me angry by the way)
Just skip it and come back later, it's just one level. No reason to quit the game over something optional.

Honestly this game's easier than some other fan platformer actions I've played; it doesn't feel Touhou-like. There's no crazy bullet dodging or even being careful to watch out for gimmicks. It feels like a standard Mario game.

There's a trick to that runman level. Just keep running. Don't stop unless you really need to make a precise jump that requires slowing down. If you just keep running you're not going to be affected by the ice. You will need at least three of the four super mushrooms to beat that level. It's designed to be a speedrun.
Cup

Post by Cup »

Terry von Feleday wrote:4-4 is [an evil, evil stage]
but... but, 4-4 is my favorite. I had a blast. Took me like 50 lives to get all the red stars, but it was a damn good time.

And now I can do the stage very easily, so if I need a quick 20 or so lives, it takes less then a minute to get em.
Pink

Post by Pink »

Just got caught up with this series at the moment, and I have to say this one looks dramatically more enjoyable than Super Marisa World stage-wise. It has been rather amusing watching these because every minor thing I could gripe about, you always seem to sort out in a video or two anyways (such as the mic being too quiet at first). XD Very enjoyable series so far, so I will be sure to tune in for more. =n.n=

...Only things I do not like about the game so far are the err... *coughs* questionably perhaps not of the work safe variety thus far... kind of bothers me in an otherwise cutesy game. =>.>=;
Godel

Post by Godel »

World 3 doesn't have a stage 7, or the library counts as it. I just finished getting all red starts (super marisa world moment here) and it says complete for this world.
Just some info.

Also 4-4 didn't seem to feel like the thing everyone said it was, I doubt it took more than 10 tries for me to get all the stars. The hardest part is slowing down to pick up a new mega mushroom

Also, I just discovered an oh so very (not) useful mega mushroom in 4-6...dick moves i swear
Cup

Post by Cup »

Godel wrote: Also 4-4 didn't seem to feel like the thing everyone said it was, I doubt it took more than 10 tries for me to get all the stars. The hardest part is slowing down to pick up a new mega mushroom[.]
Assuming you're youtube's Godelboard, from your comments it appears as though you got to see Kilga's attempt at 4-4 before you tried it. That's gonna totally nerf the difficulty right there. The only thing that really ups the death tally on this stage is getting surprised and not knowing what to do. Once I knew where to jump it only took a few tries to get all the stars in a single run.

So besides the obvious difference in talent between you and everyone else, that may explain a bit of the discrepancy. Only ten tries is still pretty good for that stage though. You get a cookie.

Regardless, it's still a great stage. You should give it another shot Terry.
O-Card
what are you doing here
Pronouns: he/el

Post by O-Card »

spoilers fuck world 5 and its suit

late spoilers ice physics in this game are rage
talkhaus: the singening
you must sing
MAFIA
yo yo yo play the game