(shouting)

Bunny Must Die, yo

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ziv

Re: Bunny Must Die, yo

Post by Ziv »

limepie20 wrote:need help.
bmd.JPG
For whatever reason when i duck i cant put the red thing there even though i have it no matter how much i duck. Is it in the wrong place? or am i forgetting something or what?
When I first played through I got a message at that point saying "It's not a bug", which was a hint (albeit an insufficient hint imo). On my second playthrough I don't seem to be getting the message. Not sure what's up with that.
Getting killed is what reminds us that we're alive.

...accept truth for what it is: a convenient piece of paper.

Pooper feeple rabblesnack!

I wanna get high...
-raocow
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

McGack wrote:
limepie20 wrote:thats really stupid but thanks.
that green place really pisses me off. Maybe i should've just went to the bubbly place...
Yes that is actually highly recommended
Oh. I already beat the second pumpkin boss. I feel like im too far in to just turn around. But for all i know there may be ten more of those. And they are super annoying.
Culex

Post by Culex »

limepie20 wrote:Oh and I don't get what those bunny dolls do. They just let you reheal? And do you ever get them back?
They reset you to the beginning of the room, so you go back to whatever health/time you had when you entered the room. Once you use them, they're gone.
Ziv wrote:
When I first played through I got a message at that point saying "It's not a bug", which was a hint (albeit an insufficient hint imo). On my second playthrough I don't seem to be getting the message. Not sure what's up with that.
Area spoiler:
If you have the yellow orb and try to use the visible pedestal, the yellow orb is the one that gets put down. The message is triggered by placing the yellow orb and picking it back up.
LunarMagicMan

Post by LunarMagicMan »

Nithy wrote:
Earlier today i got the green orb and the TIME thing that lets you heal. So since raocow found that Empty Vessel today that i didn't find, i figured i'd go get it. On the way i noticed a blinking Purple orb thing on the map where the first boss was. I went there and there was a huge clock thing there, so i froze time and Chelsea appeared and said something like "so someone's already defeated the first boss, huh?".

I went to get that Empty Vessel, and afterwards i figured i'd see whats behind the green statue in the red area. I went in there, but eventually i died on those spikes. When i reloaded, the dash shoes in the bottom where it shows all your items, were grayed out, and now i can't dash anymore. Doesn't matter if i use my xbox 360 controller or the keyboard. Also, don't know if it is relevant, but i never saw Chelsea break any gates. help?
Press... V is it? I think V.
“Never lose focus. Focus, focus, focus.You are a zebra and you are trying to win a marathon, okay? That’s how much focus you’re having right now. You are The Focus of Zebra and The Zebra of Focus. You’re like freakin’ both. You have a split personality, you can do it. Well, that’s not true. But I can pretend! I have the power of imagination! I am, after all, The Marathon Zebra.” - raocow

raocow motivator 2000... too bad we skipped 1999 numbers.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Culex wrote:
Ziv wrote:
Area spoiler:
If you have the yellow orb and try to use the visible pedestal, the yellow orb is the one that gets put down. The message is triggered by placing the yellow orb and picking it back up.
Yellow orb? You can have a yellow orb by that point? I guess I missed a path somewhere.
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

As someone who is not jumping on the let's play BMD while raocow plays it bandwagon, I gotta say, the sheer number of spoilers asking for help on this game frightens and intrigues me for how trainwrecky the videos are going to get.
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
Ziv

Post by Ziv »

The Doctor wrote:
Culex wrote:
Ziv wrote:
Area spoiler:
Yellow orb? You can have a yellow orb by that point? I guess I missed a path somewhere.
Once you beat german dracula, the game becomes nonlinear and you can choose to do the tower/bubble caves/rest of the game in whatever order you want. In fact, you can potentially leave the tower for the very last thing next to Chelsea (which is what I did)

I wanna get high...
-raocow
Ziv

Post by Ziv »

Oracle of Wuffing wrote:As someone who is not jumping on the let's play BMD while raocow plays it bandwagon, I gotta say, the sheer number of spoilers asking for help on this game frightens and intrigues me for how trainwrecky the videos are going to get.
There's a few tricky puzzles, and one or two that I thought were poor. If raocow can't figure them out he can always get a spoiler like I did.

I wanna get high...
-raocow
Culex

Post by Culex »

Oracle of Wuffing wrote:As someone who is not jumping on the let's play BMD while raocow plays it bandwagon, I gotta say, the sheer number of spoilers asking for help on this game frightens and intrigues me for how trainwrecky the videos are going to get.
A lot are for the same area, which honestly is a pretty cheap trick. You have to be paying pretty close attention to catch the subtle clue to it.

Er, to avoid further spoiler boxes, I'll hold off saying any more until raocow actually gets there.
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

You have to be paying pretty close attention?

I'd like to remind you this is raocow we're talking about here. Paying attention is the thing he does best. :lol:
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
LucarioPK

Post by LucarioPK »

Hey guys, how long is this game, anyway? :O
Hi!
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

kilon wrote:I may be the only one who thinks todays commentary was ok apart from the 2 shouts. The you found a heart was just overdone and therefore not funny (I got the feeling this was intended) and the running away in itself was funny but the sounds I heard didn't make sense.

Oh well, we can't have the same opinions about everything.
Hi, my name in kilon and I've got the most posts on raocow's forum despite the fact I don't actully enjoy his commentary. also I kick puppies.
Ziv

Post by Ziv »

kilon wrote:The you found a heart was just overdone and therefore not funny (I got the feeling this was intended)
Of course it was intentional. People kept asking raocow to continue his "I FOUND A HEART" catch-phrase from An Untitled Story, so he finally obliges in the most over the top way yet.

I wanna get high...
-raocow
Ziv

Post by Ziv »

Culex wrote:
limepie20 wrote:Oh and I don't get what those bunny dolls do. They just let you reheal? And do you ever get them back?
They reset you to the beginning of the room, so you go back to whatever health/time you had when you entered the room. Once you use them, they're gone.
They're useful in a speed run, but not in normal gameplay.

I wanna get high...
-raocow
Zebia

Post by Zebia »

Ziv wrote:They're useful in a speed run, but not in normal gameplay.
Yeah, they aren't that useful... I used only one (got 12 left as of now) and that was because I just got frustrated and didn't want to go all the way back to the save point, AND lose my current weapon
It was in the Pumpkin Tower, I believe the third pumpkin boss, and I was using the sword from 3 rooms back and holy crap it was a pain always going back and forth from there since it was nearly impossible to get to the top just before the third pumpkin without destroying the bottom 4 beam turrets, and consequently that bunny girl down there too. Then having to do it about a dozen times because the third pumpkin boss is a dick.
Chompie
Pronouns: she

Post by Chompie »

YOU FOUND A CATCHPHRASE!!!!!!
On the other hand, the sudden "what the hell it is a giant staring cat that is the weirdest thing ever also it is time to end the video anyway terror of cat time" was kind of amazing-awesome. The unusual video endings always make me laugh.

Even when they're the ones where there's really nothing except for a LOUD NOISE
:catcrime:
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

Regarding the fourth time capsule,
Is there any way to turn the stupid power off?! It's making it exponentially harder to do some rooms, as you're always expending a large amount even if you just want to reverse time a bit (which before the upgrade would use less than the fixed amount!)
fart.
Nithy

Post by Nithy »

Culex wrote:
Nithy wrote:Ehh, i'm playing along, or rather ahead of raocow and for some reason i can't dash anymore. i'm putting it in spoilers because part of it is stuff raocow hasn't seen yet.
Holding up and pressing the map button will toggle your shoes on/off. So just do that until everything's fixed.
Thanks alot, i never would've figured that out lol.
LunarMagicMan wrote:
Nithy wrote:
Earlier today i got the green orb and the TIME thing that lets you heal. So since raocow found that Empty Vessel today that i didn't find, i figured i'd go get it. On the way i noticed a blinking Purple orb thing on the map where the first boss was. I went there and there was a huge clock thing there, so i froze time and Chelsea appeared and said something like "so someone's already defeated the first boss, huh?".

I went to get that Empty Vessel, and afterwards i figured i'd see whats behind the green statue in the red area. I went in there, but eventually i died on those spikes. When i reloaded, the dash shoes in the bottom where it shows all your items, were grayed out, and now i can't dash anymore. Doesn't matter if i use my xbox 360 controller or the keyboard. Also, don't know if it is relevant, but i never saw Chelsea break any gates. help?
Press... V is it? I think V.
I don't know if it's because i'm using my xbox 360 controller or what, but V doesn't seem to do anything. i got it fixed anyways, so thanks for trying to help.

By the way, regarding dodging enemy attacks (or whatever it's called) i'm pretty sure you can do it with the jump and attack button as well, at least i did it by accident a couple of times.
Godel

Post by Godel »

Horray joined the talk haus and first post :)

Just finished my 2nd run through (yeah, only 2nd) of BMD. I was quite impressed at the time I got and I'm somewhat proud of myself :)
That game is a lot easier after you've been through it once. And I mean EXTREMELY easier. The tower was as hard as some of the later world super marisa world levels to me

Also:
2nd run through C7D

Didn't do so well on the time here because I forgot stuff in some places and didn't exactly plan my route, could have easilly been sub 70 min if I had remembered what where stuff was in the first run through XD

Anyone think raocow will do C7D after he finishes BMD?
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

Yeah still can't beat
mr scythe, and I don't get people's go on the other side of him because that's not physically possible as far as I can see
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

LightSlei wrote:Yeah still can't beat
mr scythe, and I don't get people's go on the other side of him because that's not physically possible as far as I can see
The way I beat her was take the mase and keep attacking her until it does this thing where it goes behind her and hitting her then bouncing back and hitting her again if that makes any sense. Just use the mase you can get right before her room.
LUE Andy Richter

Post by LUE Andy Richter »

I'm giving you a silent prayer, raocow.

The next major part of the game.....it made me a very very angry man. :(
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

limepie20 wrote:
LightSlei wrote:Yeah still can't beat
The way I beat her was take the mase and keep attacking her until it does this thing where it goes behind her and hitting her then bouncing back and hitting her again if that makes any sense. Just use the mase you can get right before her room.
Personally I found both the maze and sword utterly and completely useless, while the boomerang made is humanly possible to clear.
fart.
MajorasMask9

Post by MajorasMask9 »

TBH, from what I've played the game isn't too hard at all. At least, I find the difficulty to be way overhyped at this point. And I'm pretty sure I'm at the final stretch of the game.

With the way raocow is playing the game (actually checking everything), I don't see a trainwreck coming up any time soon. But you never know!
Last edited by MajorasMask9 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

So I'm NOT playing along, my only knowledge of the game is from the videos themselves, therefore no spoiler for this?

I just had an internal laugh when you said "I don't recall any doors down there giving me trouble", two minutes after standing in front of a door that didn't let you through. Maybe the time upgrade is available now down there?

(two minutes might be only for the watchers, I think you fell and had to replay a bit we didn't see)

Simon