(shouting)

Bunny Must Die, yo

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
kiyomiku

Re: Bunny Must Die, yo

Post by kiyomiku »

Hint for Bunny Must Die:
raocow, you did not miss anything important.
You got every items but 2 power ups (one for life and one for time) and bunch of bunny dolls.
- The last time power up, you have not yet "missed" it cause you have not seen it before.
- The last life power up:
There is one room that you need to make it dark that require you to turn off a switch.
- The bunny dolls, there are 23 in total but raocow won't need them anyways, the best hint is "use the purple bunny mode"

Other things that people said you missed, those items are not for Bunny Must Die, it's the other game that is extreme similar called:
Chelsea and the seven devil
So guys, stop confusing raocow, please and thank you.
This is just a signature...
I am not thinking anything weird... and I am perfectly normal...
Godel

Post by Godel »

kiyomiku wrote:
Other things that people said you missed, those items are not for Bunny Must Die, it's the other game that is extreme similar called:
Chelsea and the seven devil
I don't see anyone dropping any such hints about that, and you really should put that whole 3rd to last/2nd to last paragraph in the same spoiler, because it most definitely is. Edit: Though I think raocow might have caught on by now...And to be honest, the real game truly starts there
Chompie
Pronouns: she

Post by Chompie »

Wait, so... Having a "Dynamite Body" happens to make your weapons more powerful and you can find secrets better and...

Huh.
Actually you know what? Everything is completely accurate except for being harmed less from being impaled/set on fire/shot and for being able to switch into such a thing simply with time. >_<
:catcrime:
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

Crimson wrote:
Rameau's Nephew wrote:Watching these videos, I have, after much deliberation, come to the following conclusion:

I hate Bunny.

Really, she's a colossal jerk. She snaps out at pretty much every other character in the game, and typically for some fairly minimal reasons, such as someone showing concern for her, being a cat, or speaking another language (adding a charming bit of xenophobia to the mix).
So she's like Demo then
Demo actually struck me as usually being rather personable and polite to those she wasn't currently running roughshod over. Also, though violent rampages seem to be Demo's primary method of solving problems (not that that's particular uncommon among video game heroes; ASMT was simply more honest about it), flipping out does not appear to be the sole form of social interaction familiar to her, unlike our rabbity pseudo-friend.

Most importantly, though, Demo doesn't make stupid noises, which automatically makes her a million times better than Bunny.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I don't understand peeps who 'drop hints' so late when I thought it was common knowledge that I do the videos fairly early on the day before.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kleiner Kokiri

Post by Kleiner Kokiri »

Rameau's Nephew wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Rameau's Nephew wrote:Watching these videos, I have, after much deliberation, come to the following conclusion:

I hate Bunny.

Really, she's a colossal jerk. She snaps out at pretty much every other character in the game, and typically for some fairly minimal reasons, such as someone showing concern for her, being a cat, or speaking another language (adding a charming bit of xenophobia to the mix).
So she's like Demo then
Demo actually struck me as usually being rather personable and polite to those she wasn't currently running roughshod over. Also, though violent rampages seem to be Demo's primary method of solving problems (not that that's particular uncommon among video game heroes; ASMT was simply more honest about it), flipping out does not appear to be the sole form of social interaction familiar to her, unlike our rabbity pseudo-friend.

Most importantly, though, Demo doesn't make stupid noises, which automatically makes her a million times better than Bunny.
This Game resembles Castlevania in many ways. And in this point too.

Also:
Bunny is your regular Tsundere-Character as well as Demo is. If the dialogue is supposed to be nonsensical, yet funny and short ... such a character is the way to go. Wouldn't work as well with a friendlier type of dialogue.

If you don't like that... remember that Bunny is cursed and she goes in the cave because she is said to kill the devils to undo that curse.
I've never seen a character that acted "very polite and friendly" against his deadly enemies.

Can't really see your point.
Terry von Feleday

Post by Terry von Feleday »

did you just unironically label Demo a tsundere
(really, 90% of her dialogue in ASMT was "uh, yeah, sure, whatever")

also I'm pretty sure Bunny is missing the "dere" part of the equation

Quickedit: Also yeah a snarky character works best for this kind of game but there's a difference between "snarky" and "huge bitch bluh bluh"

Less-quick-edit: Wow, today's video is... That was quite possibly the biggest dick move I have ever seen in all my history of watching other people play video games. Who the hell thought that was honestly a good idea?
haligonian

Post by haligonian »

Terry von Feleday wrote: Less-quick-edit: Wow, today's video is... That was quite possibly the biggest dick move I have ever seen in all my history of watching other people play video games. Who the hell thought that was honestly a good idea?
I AGREE WITH THIS. SO MUCH.

BUT. You could have picked up the orb after you had used it.
):
I'm really nice.
Terry von Feleday

Post by Terry von Feleday »

The problem is that the game gives absolutely no reason or incentive to pick it up beyond an amount of caution that would make you seem almost paranoid in any other, better game. Having to use all the keys you have gotten all in a row in the final area is a common device (as a collectibles-in-review sort of thing) employed in games, and with the second door being an almost instant followup of the first, and there not being a hint of an indication that it has any other purpose, the first thing you're going to think is that it's just that device being in effect, meaning a normal player won't even give a second thought to the gem until the next door kicks them in the face.

The worst part is that it's not even a puzzle or anything, there's no reason why this door couldn't be red or yellow instead beyond punishing the poor players who did not yet get the message that the designer of this game is a complete asshole. It's just phenomenally bad game design. The guy deserves a goddamn medal or something.

THIS GAME MAKES ME SO ANGRY. SO ANGRY. And I'm not even the one playing it!
At this point I'm only left to wonder what that other mode people have been talking about is all about and whether mr. designer has learned enough when making it to redeem this game to a degree.
Kleiner Kokiri

Post by Kleiner Kokiri »

Terry von Feleday wrote:did you just unironically label Demo a tsundere
(really, 90% of her dialogue in ASMT was "uh, yeah, sure, whatever")

also I'm pretty sure Bunny is missing the "dere" part of the equation

Quickedit: Also yeah a snarky character works best for this kind of game but there's a difference between "snarky" and "huge bitch bluh bluh"

Less-quick-edit: Wow, today's video is... That was quite possibly the biggest dick move I have ever seen in all my history of watching other people play video games. Who the hell thought that was honestly a good idea?
Well... Tsundere was usually used in the way wikipedia described it.
But it has been butchered a lot in the western online-community. So, for some reason it is widely used as a term for "being bitchy" or something; instead of an actual character developement as "being a bitch to the protagonist -> doing the opposite" etc.
Or at least thats the feeling i have.

But I didn't thought of bunny as bitchy anyways. I think she's fine.
To be honest ... Reimu and Marisa are much worse and nobody seems to complain.

Demo's "uh, yeah, sure, whatever" may be meant resembling raocows lines but ... it's also very bitchy from a certain angle. Especially If someone confesses his "love" to you and you say something like that XD
DarkOverord

Post by DarkOverord »

I hope your controller isn't breaking! D:! Also Rao, Septonrion is a horrible horrible place. You have my sympathy Rao. Admittedly, your way of doing the "Impossible" Hourglass was different. Kudos man.
I Stopped time the pheonix Kicked and bounced to the hourglass. THEN ACCIDENTALLY WALKED OUT OF THE ROOM WITHOUT PICKING IT UP AND CRIED.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

I'm glad we got a compensation video because I pay alot of money for my daily raocow video!

honestly through, as a viewer it wasn't bad to watch todays bunny video or anything, but I can definitely see that it was annoying to play. I guess this is one of the strong points on lp's.

also user cc12321 posted this posted this raocow nezumiman remix h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e in the gazebo, I know you don't go in here so I thought I'd link it here cos it's pretty damn awesome honestly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZzVr_z8is
Last edited by rubberfishy 13 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

well okay that purple door is really not the best gameplay design strike ever made, but to be fair.
-The main difficulty on that way was to get the hourglass as well
-even if you can't enter the door, you can save ('ray) and go back and get the purple orb, which you can also see as an intended challenge and situations like this also are what bunny dolls were made for I guess, so
I understand your frustration, but it's not that terrible.
Godel

Post by Godel »

Man, I don't think I'll ever play through a game with or before raocow again, like, all I can think about when I watch his vids is, "Nooo he's doing the exact same thing as me! XD," forgetting orbs, dying over and over in the same place, etc.

But yeah, maybe
10-12
more vids of this series til it's done, that is if raocow decides to do it...
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

I have no idea what to do during the 'swords' part of the fight. If I'm supposed to do what I think I'm supposed to, I physically am unable to press that many buttons with that much precision in such a short amounnt of time. Also trying to do so just reset the game, making me stop for the day.
MajorasMask9

Post by MajorasMask9 »

raocow wrote:
I have no idea what to do during the 'swords' part of the fight. If I'm supposed to do what I think I'm supposed to, I physically am unable to press that many buttons with that much precision in such a short amounnt of time. Also trying to do so just reset the game, making me stop for the day.
For the sword part, what you need to do is:
Jump on all of the swords to push them down all the way.
raocow

Post by raocow »

MajorasMask9 wrote:
raocow wrote:
For the sword part, what you need to do is:
Jump on all of the swords to push them down all the way.
Wow, really? I never would have guessed that!

I guess I didn't expect a puzzle in the fight, haha! (and I was thrown off by having her flash red a few times. OH WELL)
gamefreakzach

Post by gamefreakzach »

Yeah, that swords bit took me a while too.

The next phase of the fight is pretty awesome though!
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Yeah, I'm definitely not enjoying this LP as much as some. I guess I my enjoying the video = raocow having fun.

Though that was indeed a dick move at the end there. :|
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I guess all the previous instances of multiple doors of the same color had me paranoid, because I grabbed the blurple gem back immediately my first time around.

Of course, I got punched in the gut even harder when
I got all the way to the bottom of the shaft and discovered I had left the red gem in another area entirely.
Also, I've noticed the game runs in the upper-50s FPS for you while on camera. Is it the same while you're off? I'd like to record some of this game with Fraps but I'm worried about the FPS count.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

Kristian wrote:Though that was indeed a dick move at the end there. :|
For all the terrible design decisions in this game, that purple orb was not one of them. It's just raocow being... well, raocow.
Time Traveler's Textor
Don't Wait! Get it now and be the part of fun! You will Amaze at super high quality of fine application? We are working very hardly to making assure of quality in our program. For you and your family.

Click here to download TTT Version 3.0!
Click here to download TTT Version &.%2!
Click here to download the latest version of Java!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Speaking of terrible design decisions, in my first complete run-through of BMD, I actually got irreversibly stuck on two separate occasions (technically three but the last one was literally right after a save point so I expect it was designed with that in mind). I'm kind of surprised you haven't done this yet yourself.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow

Post by raocow »

Kilgamayan wrote: Also, I've noticed the game runs in the upper-50s FPS for you while on camera. Is it the same while you're off? I'd like to record some of this game with Fraps but I'm worried about the FPS count.
It runs pretty much the same all the time, I reckon!
KingMike

Post by KingMike »

I also am among the people who was ready to scream at the monitor after noticing he could've picked up the orb up (though I haven't played the game myself). :P "Oh, man. You're going to regret that later!"
SomerandomGuy

Post by SomerandomGuy »

I too, have ragequitted this game. Many a time.
Its just so...agh. And i havent even done that German dude yet.
And you know what? I'm not going to.