(shouting)

Bunny Must Die, yo

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Daze

Re: Bunny Must Die, yo

Post by Daze »

D-vid wrote:For everyone who is interested and to lazy to use a translator, Mr. German Dracula says
"Let 'em come to Berlin."
"Let 'em come."
"The freedom is undividable."
"All free people are citicens (with a spelling error) of Berlin."
"Ich bin ein Berliner." (should be obvious)
Once again, my laziness has paid off. Thanks, D-vid.

Anyways, as far as the controls... for me, at least, they've taken a little adapting to, but I think if have the physics down now. Bunny does what I want her to do, for the most part. Any mistakes I make at this point are made either because a) I'm unfamiliar with how to fight the enemy I'm facing; or b) I make an honest misjudgment. (You know you've blamed Mario for messing up more than one of your should-have-been jumps.)

The only thing I would put against the game as far as controls is that certain mechanics, like single-wall climbing, aren't even hinted at. From a purely mechanical aspect, though, it's a matter of recognizing patterns and killing everything in sight. Makes things easier than they may seem.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
Tsurugi

Post by Tsurugi »

On the topic of controls, I am of the opinion that odd controls/physics can work if the game is built around them. For example, you can't move diagonally in Startropics, but the game is built around that, and only being able to move in one direction at a time isn't going to get you killed. La Mulana is another example. Lemeza has a lot of inertia, meaning he has difficulty changing direction in mid-air, and walking off an edge causes you to fall straight down. However, the platforming is built around this. You probably won't die due to the odd jump physics once you get used to them (the goddamn bats and completely unintuitive puzzles are another problem altogether).

I haven't actually played BMD, but from the looks of it, the game wants you to do one thing at a time and focus on precision while simultaneously throwing a lot of chaos at you.

Although I suppose the intention might be to parry incoming attacks rather than dodge them, that still doesn't help the fact that your controls aren't geared towards precision in a game that expects precision.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

What do the 5th and 6th gold dust things do? And also, I pressed an on/off switch in fools abbey behind a fake wall (near the green orb door). What does that do?
Arson

Post by Arson »

How come bunny can jump on giant lasers and scythes, but she dies when she touches those puny knife things?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Bunnies have soft feet.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

Arson wrote:How come bunny can jump on giant lasers and scythes, but she dies when she touches those puny knife things?
lasers have a bigger surface area and they're softer.
haligonian

Post by haligonian »

I know nothing of this game at all but wow that last boss.
Wow.
Hahahahahaaaa.

But I kind of want to play it.
I'm really nice.
kilon

Post by kilon »

rubberfishy wrote:
Arson wrote:How come bunny can jump on giant lasers and scythes, but she dies when she touches those puny knife things?
lasers have a bigger surface area and they're softer.
I see, but that doesn't quite explain the scythes. Unless she hasn't sharpened those in ages..

And yes, I know it's a game. There is no need to explain it any further
NaturesFoulChild

Post by NaturesFoulChild »

This scythe-throwing boss was one of the most annoying things (other than the controls derp) in this game for me, but seeing how raocow has beaten every other boss on his first 'real' try thus far, I thought he wouldn't have much problem here either - sadly, I was mistaken. Still, he did pretty well. Beat her in less tries than I did, at least.

A little tip and/or spoiler, raocow! This is somewhat important (and I'm not revealing anything too specific):
to make this game even more confusing and/or frustrating, not every metal switch-openable door is actually physical - sometimes it's there, but you can walk straight through it. That's the trick to some of the secrets :|
Also, it's not just your controller, raocow. I have a very good controller and I have problems with dashing as well. It's just this game. It has very bad controls.

And I'm kinda disappointed that you didn't get what that Dracula guy was saying, what it was a reference to - you, who said jokes that demand the understanding of two or more languages are the best ones!

Furthermore, I would like to kindly ask the mods to ban everyone bannable (as in, everyone but raocow) who mentions the controls/physics of this game in any way in this topic from now on, starting with me.
By foul design.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

kilon wrote:I see, but that doesn't quite explain the scythes. Unless she hasn't sharpened those in ages..
Only the inside of a scythe is sharp.
kilon

Post by kilon »

NaturesFoulChild wrote:Furthermore, I would like to kindly ask the mods to ban everyone bannable (as in, everyone but raocow) who mentions the controls/physics of this game in any way in this topic from now on, starting with me.
So you want to get banned?
rubberfishy wrote:
kilon wrote:I see, but that doesn't quite explain the scythes. Unless she hasn't sharpened those in ages..
Only the inside of a scythe is sharp.
They where spinning..
I'll stop.
NaturesFoulChild

Post by NaturesFoulChild »

kilon wrote:
NaturesFoulChild wrote:Furthermore, I would like to kindly ask the mods to ban everyone bannable (as in, everyone but raocow) who mentions the controls/physics of this game in any way in this topic from now on, starting with me.
So you want to get banned?
Not permanently, but since I made such a proposal and I have mentioned the controls myself...
By foul design.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Woah! I just found a super secret path to Chelsea and I'm not finished. If I beat her am I allowed to keep playing and go for 100 percent or do I have to beat her last?
Last edited by limepie20 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
DanMickie

Post by DanMickie »

As an expert gamer, I am often frustrated by the lack of challenge games present to me. I must take it upon myself to enhance the difficulty of a game, assuming I haven't beaten it by the time I realize the game is boring me. Many times I find myself cycling through the difficulty settings, only to be disappointed once I find there is nothing beyond "Very Hard". My mind begins searching for less conventional means to escalate the challenge once I realize that the developers were catering to "casual gamers". (Though I must admit, trying to figure out that oxymoron is quite challenging indeed!)

In many cases, I find some way to hack the game in order to bring it to a suitable level of difficulty. This is fine for most games, but I like to take things one step further. For example, dipping the controller in scalding hot Gatorade really takes it to the next level. After letting it dry, the sticky, unresponsive beast becomes my greatest foe, far more intimidating than any zombie or "goomba". Pressing the B button may save your life, but are you brave enough to disturb the ant who's crawled on your controller in search of a sugary treat? How long can you continue pushing the D-pad with the painful, swelling bite on the center of your thumb? No, most men would not fare well in this scenario, assuming you are generous enough to call them men after they give up.

So, to answer the ongoing question about whether or not poor controls ruin a game, I say poor controls make the game! I certainly didn't play this game to satisfy my anthropomorphic pedophilia.
Terry von Feleday

Post by Terry von Feleday »

kilon wrote:They where spinning..
I'll stop.
You see, the scythes were actually made of light, so she could jump on them the same way she jumps on the lasers.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

I don't know who you are but I love you DanMickie.

EDIT:
Terry von Feleday wrote:
kilon wrote:They where spinning..
I'll stop.
You see, the scythes were actually made of light, so she could jump on them the same way she jumps on the lasers.
yeah, cos E=mc² which means that energy and mass are interchangeable. Lasers have a lot of energy thus they have mass thus they can easily be jumped on.
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

People saying they've adapted to the controls have yet to play the area when the game suddenly realises it's part platformer methinks.
fart.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Your WRONG. For me, at least.
Godel

Post by Godel »

Duker wrote:People saying they've adapted to the controls have yet to play the area when the game suddenly realises it's part platformer methinks.
The controls, I can say, are actually pretty well made for the game, but as it has been said many times already, takes getting used to.
I mean my first time through the game was hell, especially in "that place"
But 2nd time through, I died like 5-10 times maybe, got 100% items, and finished it all in around 70 minutes.

All those complains about controls probably haven't spent a good 5-10 hours on the game.

Also raocow, you're doing quite excellent to be honest, I had a lot more problems than you're having. You're doing a lot better with the controls than I was at that point. It took me like 10 tries to beat scythe girl aka Marisa first time through, and it still takes me several attempts to kill the 2nd demon (tank dude where you got red key). I mean, on my first run through, I thought, "wow he made this look so easy!" But yeah, I see you making the same mistakes I made over and over and I just XD every time. I guess things like that are expected to happen over and over on an initial play through.

I hope after you finish this series, you come back later and spend some time on it off camera, you'll be surprised, "Wow, how did I have trouble with this in the first place?"
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Okay yeah no more controle-talk until we find a new reason on video for it.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Godel

Post by Godel »

It looks like I rambled on a little too much in my last point, but my overall message pretty much agree with what you just said.

Yeah so anyways, out of controller talk, raocow has come upon a fork in the road, I wonder which way he's gonna go =o
McGack

Post by McGack »

well whatever way he goes im sure well have fun times =D right? :twisted: :lol:
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

actually tomorrow's video went alright, all things considered.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

limepie20 wrote:Your WRONG. For me, at least.
The pumpkin tower?
Also: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your
fart.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Duker wrote:
limepie20 wrote:Your WRONG. For me, at least.
The pumpkin tower?
Also: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your
I'm at
Chelsea.
Last edited by limepie20 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.