(shouting)

Bunny Must Die, yo

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
RealLink

Re: Bunny Must Die, yo

Post by RealLink »

Another Spoiler Thread.
I started the game a while ago, and I beat about 5 or 6 bosses. I think I'll continue playing now, I want to finish before raocow.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

Does she say "I'M POWERED UP!"?
LunarMagicMan

Post by LunarMagicMan »

RealLink wrote:Another Spoiler Thread.
I started the game a while ago, and I beat about 5 or 6 bosses. I think I'll continue playing now, I want to finish before raocow.
You're far enough in I doubt that will be a problem, unless you only play for 2 minutes a day.

And poor raocow, two pretty long triple chipmunk segments in one video. I hope the third boss doesn't chew him up.
“Never lose focus. Focus, focus, focus.You are a zebra and you are trying to win a marathon, okay? That’s how much focus you’re having right now. You are The Focus of Zebra and The Zebra of Focus. You’re like freakin’ both. You have a split personality, you can do it. Well, that’s not true. But I can pretend! I have the power of imagination! I am, after all, The Marathon Zebra.” - raocow

raocow motivator 2000... too bad we skipped 1999 numbers.
LUE Andy Richter

Post by LUE Andy Richter »

I hope the third boss doesn't chew him up.
Well, I think he might
be too busy laughing to attack.
NaturesFoulChild

Post by NaturesFoulChild »

When raocow wrote here that the second boss is a thing I was worried that he had attempted him 7512 times with the daggers, failed and got frustrated. Thankfully, he had the boomerangs, thus all of the challenge was nullified and raocow didn't have to realise that this dude can cause a lot of ire :)

But of course, since a hard thing did not cause him ire, easy and obvious things like opening the face-mask-thing-door and figuring out that you have to rewind time at that one-second spring-thing had to fill in the gap.

Also, I personally already got fed up with this game - I love games which are the challenging type of hard (like AUS), but this is the frustrating kind of hard, and the awkwardness of the controls doesn't help really. I wonder how long it will take for raocow to ragequit. I'm betting the 5th video. Okay, maybe he'll manage a bit longer, since he's basically Buddha incarnate.

Also,
"thumbs up if you were dying of laughter at the fourth boss".
EDIT: I figured I'll put some spoiler tags here. Also, I wanted to add something else, but I forgot already :<
By foul design.
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Wow, I didn't even remember raocow being so bad at figuring stuff out like that. Thank you for using super-chimunk. I hope he gets better/ there's not too much stuff to learn left.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

The problem is I litterealy never know if my lack of progress is because I'm missing an object, or I'm litterealy not figuring somethign out.

That comes up in tomorrow's video.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Culex

Post by Culex »

NaturesFoulChild wrote:I love games which are the challenging type of hard (like AUS), but this is the frustrating kind of hard, and the awkwardness of the controls doesn't help really.
Personally, I think Black Castle is worse than anything in this game. Wasn't expecting raocow to have so much trouble with the time reversal or the orbs, but at least there shouldn't be anything else to give him trouble mechanics-wise for awhile, assuming he's gotten how orbs work now and doesn't try to go somewhere he can't yet.

(spoilers for one of the areas):
NaturesFoulChild wrote: I wonder how long it will take for raocow to ragequit. I'm betting the 5th video.
Dunno if you picked video 5 as a guess at random, but that'd be about the right time for him to get to the dark green area's entrance. Could be quite frustrating if he keeps trying to get in there the wrong way, since it looks like he should go there, and it'd be even worse if he actually did find the way in. I wouldn't blame anyone who quit there, if they got there early and thought that was where you were supposed to be: Laser jumping, wall jumping, tricky platform jumps, and some tough bosses, all without very many powerups AND just after you did something really unintuitive just to get in the place...
Test Pilot Monkey

Post by Test Pilot Monkey »

This looks like a fun game, weird anime cat bunnies or not. It seems heavily influenced from the Metroid side of things, but that odd not-turning-around mechanic seems... odd.

And the time shifting is quite Braid-ish, if it's anything like that game be prepared for some mind bending puzzles.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'm still struggling with the concept of 'oh yeah I have that button', haha... :oops:
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
NaturesFoulChild

Post by NaturesFoulChild »

Yeah, raocow, you already said that while playing AUS, if I remember correctly.

Here's a little tip, rao, in spoilers just in case (I don't point at anything explicitly, just a hint):
shoot every freakin' wall, ceiling and floor ever - you already missed a few things, and there are easy to miss secrets ahead that will save you from dying from a heart attack out of sheer frustration.
By foul design.
LunarMagicMan

Post by LunarMagicMan »

NaturesFoulChild wrote:
shoot every freakin' wall, ceiling and floor ever - you already missed a few things, and there are easy to miss secrets ahead that will save you from dying from a heart attack out of sheer frustration.
Also a good idea:
Look at the map, it shows every door even if you never entered it (least it does for me)
“Never lose focus. Focus, focus, focus.You are a zebra and you are trying to win a marathon, okay? That’s how much focus you’re having right now. You are The Focus of Zebra and The Zebra of Focus. You’re like freakin’ both. You have a split personality, you can do it. Well, that’s not true. But I can pretend! I have the power of imagination! I am, after all, The Marathon Zebra.” - raocow

raocow motivator 2000... too bad we skipped 1999 numbers.
Daze

Post by Daze »

raocow wrote:for the peeps playing along: watch out guys the second boss (that cannon thing) is really hard.
You know, raocow, you said that, so I felt proud when it only took me a couple tries to beat him. I'm not sure how to feel about this now. :oops: So yeah.
LUE Andy Richter wrote:Uhh, in light of the newest video, should we tell raocow he can
take the orbs back and stick 'em elsewhere?
?
I say no... Not in as many words, at least. Maybe we should tell him he should go back? He's missed more than taking back the orb... Though maybe he's figured that out already.
Last edited by Daze 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I took the orb and got to that fire place. Is rao going the wrong way?
I have no idea what's going on.
Daze

Post by Daze »

limepie20 wrote:
I took the orb and got to that fire place. Is rao going the wrong way?
I have no idea what's going on.
As far as I can tell, that's the natural progression of things. It's the way I went, at least.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
Kil2

Post by Kil2 »

That one sign that says "stop time and you can probably reach that alcove up there" (this was in the very first video), is really translated poorly. It just says, in general, that you can time your jumps on these moving platforms more easily if you stop time.
DragonManGuyDude

Post by DragonManGuyDude »

Deatrathias wrote:You can block incoming damage by pressing any direction just before getting damaged. You need a very good timing to do it and most of the time, you will do it without even paying attention.
fixe r
also u get a alittl ebit o f vertical hgiehg twhen u do tis and cn skip the 1st boss if u r smarts :ugeek:
jus posting this so ppl regret it l8r
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

The dash is so worth the first boss. I love that flame attack that makes you fly during the dash.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

I'm not really a fan of these kind of Metroid style games, but BMD, so far, looks pretty hilarious.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
Nameless Fool MT

Post by Nameless Fool MT »

Wow, don't I feel foolish. I took out the tank boss with the daggers because I died on the way there (or I died to the boss with another weapon because I'm that stupid). Took me many tries to pull it off.
I can't wait until raocow reaches that Tower area, the teal colored area on the map. God damn that area pissed me off, esp. the second and fourth parts, and it's only hidden room with it's upgrade.
The lazy one...
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

For some reason in the dream I woke up from 2 hours ago, I went in a videogame store in Cambridge, UK and they had BMD 3 for the Wii. Yeah, dreams are weird.
Ziv

Post by Ziv »

Nameless Fool MT wrote:
I can't wait until raocow reaches that Tower area, the teal colored area on the map. God damn that area pissed me off, esp. the second and fourth parts, and it's only hidden room with it's upgrade.
I didn't have too much trouble with it. It was mainly just getting into the tower. I got every single possible upgrade you could get up to that point before I realized there was a hidden altar at the entrance to the Tower.
Getting killed is what reminds us that we're alive.

...accept truth for what it is: a convenient piece of paper.

Pooper feeple rabblesnack!

I wanna get high...
-raocow
kilon

Post by kilon »

Don't ask me how, but I managed to catch up to all videos as I'm now at the second BMD video.
And this is exactly why I like to see non-hacks (in general) from time to time. Everything is new and I always like seeing raocow figuring stuff out.
Looking forward to the rest of this.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

forbidden cattomic plant cattomic plant cattomic plant cattomic plant!
Patashu

Post by Patashu »

In case next video is completely progressless and you need a hint, this is the next place you're meant to go in the video you uploaded today:
The catatonic power plant is where you're meant to go next. And to go further into it...
Remember that place you thought you'd have to crawl through? Stab it.
It should be obvious, but just in case.