smbx communityirc.cat.biopge project

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

can a mario a side and b side co-exist ?!

very yes
47%
yes
25%
no
17%
very no
11%

Total votes: 178

128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: request grab-bag

Postby 128-Up » 4 months ago

I'm about to make a typical request of myself, since this was sort of brought up in the community Discord last night, and I don't have money for Patreon (sorry :c) so I'm plonking my request here.

I'd personally love to see you tackle this:

I'm fully aware you know of I Wanna Kill the Kamilia 3. This game is in the same vein, taking pieces from other games and putting them together.
It's a fairly long game, admittedly, and it does get rather difficult near the end, but you've tackled Distorted Travesty 3, so this should be nothing in comparison... right?

Click the picture for a download link. :3
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Postby raocow » 4 months ago

man.

I don't know if I want to commit to a 'I Wanna' game, haha. Like yeah I did DT but.. this is another kind of ballgame, isn't it ?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ImageImage

128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Postby 128-Up » 4 months ago

It's not that different of a ball game, lol.
Or at least, I don't think so.

*shrug*
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Postby Jesuiscontent » 4 months ago

raocow wrote:man.

I don't know if I want to commit to a 'I Wanna' game, haha. Like yeah I did DT but.. this is another kind of ballgame, isn't it ?
You played Wings of vi though

raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Postby raocow » 4 months ago

oh right.

you know what, I won't play it NOW but I'll keep it in mind.
ImageImage

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » 4 months ago

I feel like song of the deep would be a nice playthrough
That crazy voice dude

MoneyMan

Postby MoneyMan » 4 months ago

Jesuiscontent wrote:
raocow wrote:man.

You played Wings of vi though
Thats not really an argument for him playing it

ano0maly
Retired Tester

Postby ano0maly » 4 months ago

If it's an IWBTG game does that mean it's built on one-hit deaths? If so ehh
Image << Click!

Fan of the following:
Image Image

SAJewers
A2XT Guy

Postby SAJewers » 4 months ago

SAJewers wrote:No release date info on this yet, but an HD remake of Wonder Boy III: the Dragon's Trap was just announced:
http://www.thedragonstrap.com/

They just released a video on the music and sound design for it, and holy crap does this sound and look amazing.

DO NOT PM ME ABOUT A SECOND MARIO BROS X. THING. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO PMs.
Head over to the ASMBXT Forums and join the discssion, or submit levels!

idol
god's gonna come to my house and kill me
First name: charlotte
Pronouns: she/her

Postby idol » 4 months ago

play sm64 last impact eventually. maybe. its probably better than star road
must b love on tha brain
[avi source]

lawatson
Professional cat planet fan
First name: Lucas

Postby lawatson » 4 months ago

128-Up wrote:
(i wanna get cultured 2 stuff!)

Click the picture for a download link. :3
as an i wanna community member, i do think this game is nice! if you do consider it, just know this general stuff about it:

-pros for lp'ing: long, fun to watch, nice sense of progression, lots of variety in the stages (after all, it's a compilation of various other games!), and original content as well from dedicated makers. the game itself has been thoroughly nooked, crannied, cranberried, and all that intense game dev stuff too! the people who helped make it really cared about it. the progression isn't too linear either, there are things you can save for later and little side-areas that you can do whenever you want! you can expect a fine mix of platforming, gimmicks, and bosses. there's also the plethora of i wanna community references and little chip-ins as well. (inside jokes are good jokes!) and after lots of daunting testing versions and bug fixes, you can expect a smooth experience!

-cons for lp'ing: the game is l o n g (be prepared for a 50+ hour timer), potentially hard to dedicate oneself to because of the difficulty and length. not saying this is a reason not to play, just be prepared for it! there's also a fair amount of technical knowledge required about certain jumps that will be seen throughout the game. for example, the game runs at 50 steps per second, and the player physics operate by that logic. the player's horizontal modulo can only be changed by touching walls and sometimes that's important for jumps! the bosses can take a while to adjust yourself to as well, but i think they're still more fun than they are not!

well that was my small handful of cents! thanks for the read, and have fun!
want cat planet in your twitch chat??? now you can accomplish that with franker face z!!!1

strongbadman

Postby strongbadman » 4 months ago

On the subject of I Wanna Be The Guy, this exists and is from Blue Sky Studios https://delicious-fruit.com/ratings/gam ... p?id=15597

Grounder

Postby Grounder » 4 months ago

When it comes out for the general public, I'd like to see rao play Shantae: Half-Genie Hero.

Turns out that while having familiarity with the series helps a bit of a couple of things, it's mostly it's own thing.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

SAJewers
A2XT Guy

This calls for an LP.

kitikami

Postby kitikami » 4 months ago

If raocow ever does Mario Maker videos, he should give Course ID: 8192-0000-02CE-AA88 a try.

ZUN made it:

NegaNote

Postby NegaNote » 4 months ago

I suppose I might as well mention that SMW Central's 9th annual Vanilla Level Design Contest collab hack is out, with a whopping 152 exits and some ridiculously good overworld design and asm to get it all to work in a single ROM. So yeah, that's a thing.

S.N.N.

Postby S.N.N. » 4 months ago

He mentioned in another thread (MaGL 3 one I think) that he'll be playing it after DK 94.

SAJewers
A2XT Guy

SAJewers wrote:
SAJewers wrote:No release date info on this yet, but an HD remake of Wonder Boy III: the Dragon's Trap was just announced:
http://www.thedragonstrap.com/

They just released a video on the music and sound design for it, and holy crap does this sound and look amazing.

And, footage from Polygon at PlayStation Experience 2016. This looks truly amazing.

strongbadman

Postby strongbadman » 4 months ago

Since you're having so much fun with Donkey Kong Apostrophe Ninety Four, I think you'd enjoy its sequel/remake on the GBA, Mario VS Donkey Kong.

SAJewers
A2XT Guy

YelseyKing
Meow what are you looking at?
First name: Matt

Postby YelseyKing » 4 months ago

I have no idea if anyone's suggested this, and I don't feel like scouring a hundred pages of this thread, but...

Have you considered LPing the e-Reader stages on the GBA port of SMB3? There's a patch (removed from romhacking.net, but I saved it because I'm sneaky that way) that enables them all, and having played them myself earlier this year, I feel like they'd make an interesting LP.

Of course, you probably have a long queue of projects, but just putting this one out there. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
Episode 6 is on!

raocow

Postby raocow » 3 months ago

YelseyKing wrote:I have no idea if anyone's suggested this, and I don't feel like scouring a hundred pages of this thread, but...

Have you considered LPing the e-Reader stages on the GBA port of SMB3? There's a patch (removed from romhacking.net, but I saved it because I'm sneaky that way) that enables them all, and having played them myself earlier this year, I feel like they'd make an interesting LP.

Of course, you probably have a long queue of projects, but just putting this one out there. :P
Hmm, I might take you back on that actually. It's something I never played before afterall!
ImageImage

YelseyKing
Meow what are you looking at?
First name: Matt

Postby YelseyKing » 3 months ago

raocow wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:I have no idea if anyone's suggested this, and I don't feel like scouring a hundred pages of this thread, but...

Hmm, I might take you back on that actually. It's something I never played before afterall!
Heh, nice. Well, if you decide to, and need the patch/ROM, drop me a PM and I'll provide. (When I played it, I used a double-patched ROM which also removed the voice clips added to the port... but you might find those amusing, dunno.)

Also, man. The haus has been... very slow lately. I actually got a "504 Gateway Timeout" when trying to post this. :?
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
Episode 6 is on!

Alice
💙
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 3 months ago

YelseyKing wrote:
Also, man. The haus has been... very slow lately. I actually got a "504 Gateway Timeout" when trying to post this. :?
The talkhaus is the most consistently slow site I frequent anymore. This last week especially has been bad. With the exception of today for some reason, the last week it has failed to load any faster than a full minute per page. That on top of the 504 errors you mentioned which I get quite frequently to boot.

Sebby19

Postby Sebby19 » 3 months ago

Those E-reader levels are actually unlocked if you get Super Mario Advance 4 on the Wii U Virtual Console.

Just something to know about, for copyright reasons.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard

Return to “let's play”