(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

S.N.N.

Re: request grab-bag

Post by S.N.N. »

Fluffi-dono wrote:or being a new member
because being a new member makes one incapable of reading previous comments

also who cares if it was suggested again
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Jesuiscontent wrote:He hates TSRP2 now anyway UGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why can't FPI just do TSRP3 instead of remaking games he's already made? Is he trying for a job at Capcom or something?
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

S.N.N. wrote:also who cares if it was suggested again
My response in particular was about the wording of their post. It's worded in such a way that it comes across as assuming they're the first to suggest it. And even without bothering to read past comments it should be a fairly obvious assumption that this long after release it has definitely been suggested by now.
Doctor Shemp wrote:Why can't FPI just do TSRP3 instead of remaking games he's already made?
Isn't he working on that already? Last I heard he was working on both TSRP2R and TSRP3 at the same time.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Alice wrote:Isn't he working on that already? Last I heard he was working on both TSRP2R and TSRP3 at the same time.
He started working on TSRP3 back in 2008ish, and a world's worth of songs and graphics were made for it - however, these were placed into one of the secret worlds in TSRP2R. As far as I know, he's now "starting over" on TSRP3, and last I checked, he only had a few levels actually complete for it.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

ano0maly wrote:Since I saw that you want to do some small side items next, I would like to suggest Sacrifice Girl, a freeware by FoxEye.

It's a simple underwater puzzle game where you flee or hide from the "Demon Snake" and navigate through the seabed. Swimming with limited air is a key mechanic; you have to stop by air reserves as you explore, and many of these also save and checkpoint your game.

The game's not that long, but it can take a bit to get used to the game and understand what to do, so it will probably take 3-5 videos.
I came across this about a month ago, it might be interesting. Prepare to see a lot of panic cow though.

I'm going to reiterate my suggestion for Toad Strikes Back. It's an older game made by Thunder Dragon of Psycho Waluigi fame.
http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb ... 2&id=12431
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

TSB is noooot a good game.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Ometeotl wrote:TSB is noooot a good game.
How so? Isn't it a "classic" in the fangaming scene?
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

It was so boring i never completed the first world.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

AuraLancer wrote:
Ometeotl wrote:TSB is noooot a good game.
How so? Isn't it a "classic" in the fangaming scene?
“Classic' - a video game which people praise and don't play.”
― Mark Twain
ScribePennington
Heck
First name: Munch
Pronouns: They/them

Post by ScribePennington »

Fluffi-dono wrote:
MrDeePay wrote:Not reading previous comments, of course.
or being a new member
or both. oops :oops:
Woof
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

i played toad strikes back a long time ago, liked it but its also pretty long and not, like, spectacular so idk if its really worth rao playin
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Toad Strikes Back is not a very good game. The only thing it really has going for it is that it was created by someone who then went on to create good games.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Hmm, okay. I withdraw my suggestion then.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

I liked TSB more than Psycho Waluigi. I 100 percent completed TSB but stopped at the W2 fort in PW. I do agree that it's kinda long (8-10 hours if you do the optional levels too) and more down to Mushroom Kingdom (it's not BORING, it's just less wacky than PW). The plot is also much blander ("bowser is dead Kamek wants to ressurect bowser collect the 7 doodads to stop him") as opposed to the tragic story in PW

though the W7 secret level has a pretty surprising plot development

GeminiSparkSP

Post by GeminiSparkSP »

Hi there cowrao, I just want to suggest this game. Yeah, it's from Newgrounds, but it's a pretty good one, plays almost like a console game. If you like games like Castlevania, Cave Story, and Zelda, then this game is for you.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/644696
"WITH THE BURNING SPIRIT OF MORE THAN ONE THOUSAND SUNS!"

The above quote contains enough ham and cheese to feed a family of five for one week. Or to be featured in Epic Meal Time.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Dangit raocow. When's your next comic strip going to be out? xD
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

docopoper wrote:Dangit raocow.
I'm not sure a visual novel is really something he would LP, nor do I think he has the means to capture Vita footage.
onpon4
Sharing is good.
First name: Julie

Post by onpon4 »

I recently played a SuperTux Milestone 1 mod called "Adventure to a New World":

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nq9u10

It's really silly, but kind of charming. I think you'd like it, raocow.

It's composed of three "worlds" which are separate mods, and seem to be more like sequels to each other than parts of a whole, based on my playthrough of the first "world" (I haven't played "worlds" 2 or 3).

I found that I had to convert one music file in XM format, and all the music files in MIDI format, to another format (the one XM file caused SuperTux to crash, and the MIDI files just didn't play, on my build of SuperTux). It's a trivial thing to do (I just used Transmageddon for the XM file, and Timidity++ for the MIDI files, to convert to Ogg Vorbis and then edited the appropriate levels from ".mid" and ".xm" to ".ogg"), but I can send my changed version of this game over if you want (same goes for anyone else that wants to give this game a try).

EDIT: I decided to put my fixes up whether you want them or not. :P

EDIT 2: Whoops! Forgot to edit the levels using supermix.xm (the XM file that caused the game to crash, for me) in "World" 3. This one is fixed properly:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/vr609f

It's a 7-Zip archive (which makes the file 40 MB instead of 150 MB); if you don't have a program that can extract it, 7-Zip will do the job.
Dark_Paratroopa

Post by Dark_Paratroopa »

I'd like to suggest Guacamelee. They recently put out an 'enhanced tournament edition' that's pretty cool, and it's only five dollars. It has a really neat art style, and while it's a little heavy on the LOL MEME humor in places, when it's not it seems just the kind of game raocow would be into and would have a lot of fun riffing on.

Also the challenge areas are hard but not sad-cow-inducing hard. (raocow if you send me a PM with an emailI can totally snag you a copy if you want.)
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Dark_Paratroopa wrote:and it's only five dollars
If you own the original, yes. If not, $15. Though I guess it'd be more than possible for someone who has the original to buy a gift copy for $5 and send it to raocow.
Would second this recommendation though, it's a great game. I haven't gotten the updated version yet (will get it on sale eventually or something) but even with the gold edition it's a top-tier metroidvania with great platforming and great combat.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

What even is the difference between the two versions? I saw it when the new version released on Gog but they didn't exactly explain why it's better.
glitch4

Post by glitch4 »

Abduckted Toad is a cool game for lps
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)